Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree (3147 Views)

Nosa Igiebor Injured After Attack On Eagles In Ethiopia. Eagles Set New Record. / Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking / Tiger Woods’ Ex-wife Bulldozes $12 Million Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by Ibime(m): 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2009
http://www.wftv.com/news/21740228/detail.html

[center]Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash[/center]

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Professional golfer Tiger Woods was seriously hurt during a car crash near his Windermere Home early Friday morning.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the 33-year-old was driving a 2009 Cadillac SUV when he hit a fire hydrant and then slammed into a tree on Deacon Circle at 2:25 AM.

Woods was by himself at the time.

He was taken to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee.

It’s not clear yet what caused the crash. Investigators say alcohol was not a factor in the crash.

Charges are pending.
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by Ibime(m): 8:57pm On Nov 27, 2009
Get well soon Tiger.
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by 4Play(m): 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2009
Shocking new. Hope it's not as bad as initial reports are suggesting.
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by Borat1: 9:21pm On Nov 27, 2009
Wow. . .crazy
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by Tudor6(f): 9:26pm On Nov 27, 2009
Tiger has been released from hospital. . .he aint that seriously injured. The media and the way they blow things out of proportion is shocking.
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by MrCrackles(m): 9:48pm On Nov 27, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by FBS: 10:01pm On Nov 27, 2009
Tudór:

Tiger has been released from hospital. . .he aint that seriously injured. The media and the way they blow things out of proportion is shocking.
Thank God for The Tiger!
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by mamagee3(f): 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2009
News has it that his wife attacked him not the car accident. shocked
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by 4Play(m): 10:38pm On Nov 28, 2009
Tiger has yet to be formally interviewed by the Florida Highway Patrol -- that should happen this afternoon. But we're told Tiger had a conversation Friday -- with a non-law enforcement type -- detailing what went down before his Escalade hit a fire hydrant.

We're told he said his wife had confronted him about reports that he was seeing another woman. The argument got heated and, according to our source, she scratched his face up. We're told it was then Woods beat a hasty retreat for his SUV -- but according to our source, Woods says his wife followed behind with a golf club. As Tiger drove away, she struck the vehicle several times with the club.

We're told Woods became "distracted," thought the vehicle was stopped, and looked to see what had happened. At that point the SUV hit the fire hydrant and then hit a tree.

We're also told Woods had said during the conversation Friday he had been taking prescription pain medication for an injury, which could explain why he seemed somewhat out of it at the scene.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woods-elin-nordegren-fight-accident-suv-lacerations/
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by MrCrackles(m): 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2009
There is a whole lot more to this Tiger ish. . . . .
Keeping tabs on this one right here! cool
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by DisGuy: 12:50am On Nov 29, 2009
exactly, minor accident and gbam she brought out the 9 iron to free him. . . yea right
you don marry oyinbo tire and your very controlled private life is about to be blown wide open!

I can see tiger making money from this though, his lawyers will be detailing every news report ready to make a $$$$

Get well soon
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by No2Atheism(m): 12:56am On Nov 29, 2009
@topic

Assuming the reports about Tiger and his alteraction with his wife is true . . .

- Its unfortunate that Rich and successful black men simply do not learn . . . and are ignorant of history . . .

- I lost my respect for Tiger Woods when he started saying he was "Cablasian" . . . WTF! is that sef . . .

He is a black man born of an Asian mother . . .yet he seems to want to present himself as acceptable to white people and hence distance himself from his kit and kin (Black people).

what he does not seem to understand is that when push comes to shove . . .White people would always support their own . . . hence he would become isolated . . .since he choose to distance himself from black people . . . (who are not stupid and hence would gladly keep him at arms lenght).
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by DisGuy: 1:11am On Nov 29, 2009
No2Atheism:

@topic

Assuming the reports about Tiger and his alteraction with his wife is true . . .

- Its unfortunate that Rich and successful black men simply do not learn . . . and are ignorant of history . . .

- I lost my respect for Tiger Woods when he started saying he was "Cablasian" . . . WTF! is that sef . . .

He is a black man born of an Asian mother . . .yet he seems to want to present himself as acceptable to white people and hence distance himself from his kit and kin (Black people).

what he does not seem to understand is that when push comes to shove . . .White people would always support their own . . . hence he would become isolated . . .since he choose to distance himself from black people . . . (who are not stupid and hence would gladly keep him at arms lenght).

Oh please he is free to call himself whatever he wants

No black people cant keep him at arm lemnght black people are desperate for successful blackmen hence they'll receive any black man with open arms especially one who's had a bit on the side chop knuckle my broda!!!
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by No2Atheism(m): 1:18am On Nov 29, 2009
Dis Guy:

Oh please he is free to call himself whatever he wants

- Very True and you are right about that

- A Father as the right to smoke . . .but chooses not to cus of the knock on effect it might have on his children.

- Racism and Fighting racism is not a "what i want to do thing", instead "its a what is the right thing to do thing".

- Black people are not desperate, they know who is bullshiting and who is not bullshitting. They know who deserves respect and who deserves to be embraced and who deserves to be kept at arms lenght.

- The word on the street as regards Tiger is that he had his chance and blew it . . .
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by Nobody: 1:21am On Nov 29, 2009
no biggie.

if there's no prenup then he may want to work it out.

Is that what happened? He and his wife were having a fight?

I hope he's ok in any case.
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by MrCrackles(m): 1:23am On Nov 29, 2009
Dis Guy:

exactly, minor accident and gbam she brought out the 9 iron to free him. . . yea right
you don marry oyinbo tire and your very controlled private life is about to be blown wide open!

I can see tiger making money from this though, his lawyers will be detailing every news report ready to make a $$$$

Get well soon
Not too sure if he will wanna make money from an issue like that. . .
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by No2Atheism(m): 1:27am On Nov 29, 2009
tpia.:

no biggie.

if there's no prenup then he may want to work it out.

Is that what happened? He and his wife were having a fight?

I hope he's ok in any case.

- According to TMZ reports . . . it seems the fight is the more sensible foundation of what happened.

- Whether that is true or not . . .we still can't know unless Tiger and Wife confirms it.
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by DisGuy: 1:33am On Nov 29, 2009
MrCrackles:

Not too sure if he will wanna make money from an issue like that. . .

not money to put in his bank account, just a 'don't spread rumours about me' kinda warning to other journalist digging to deep; he'll probably donate the money afterwards
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by Ibime(m): 1:52am On Nov 29, 2009
4 Play:

Tiger has yet to be formally interviewed by the Florida Highway Patrol -- that should happen this afternoon. But we're told Tiger had a conversation Friday -- with a non-law enforcement type -- detailing what went down before his Escalade hit a fire hydrant.

We're told he said his wife had confronted him about reports that he was seeing another woman. The argument got heated and, according to our source, she scratched his face up. We're told it was then Woods beat a hasty retreat for his SUV -- but according to our source, Woods says his wife followed behind with a golf club. As Tiger drove away, she struck the vehicle several times with the club.

We're told Woods became "distracted," thought the vehicle was stopped, and looked to see what had happened. At that point the SUV hit the fire hydrant and then hit a tree.

We're also told Woods had said during the conversation Friday he had been taking prescription pain medication for an injury, which could explain why he seemed somewhat out of it at the scene.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woods-elin-nordegren-fight-accident-suv-lacerations/

hehehehehe. . . . is Tiger a bitch or what?. . . . how can his wife physically assault him?. . . . Im no advocate for men hitting women, but sometimes you just gotta shake a bitch to bring her back to her senses.  tongue tongue tongue

Fortunately for Tiger, he knows the ramifications of responding physically to a white woman. . . . they would turn him into OJ Simpson or Chris Brown ptII. . . . it's America baby!!!  grin grin grin
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by yousouph(m): 7:28am On Nov 29, 2009
I thought his accident is freakish when i first heard of it. Let the truth be told jare
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by Borat1: 7:32am On Nov 29, 2009
Police report has it that at the scene of the crash,
"Tiger was found lying on the ground semi-conscious while his wife 'hovered' above him 'wielding' a golf club" LMAO grin
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 29, 2009
^^ he said he was on pain medication hence his disoriented state.

Until his PR puts out the official story all is still conjecture cheesy

its sad sha.
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by No2Atheism(m): 9:05am On Nov 29, 2009
~Borat~:

"Tiger was found lying on the ground semi-conscious while his wife 'hovered' above him 'wielding' a golf club" LMAO grin
I maybe wrong and very wrong in fact . . . but wait a minute . . .Why was she still holding the golf club . . .if Tiger was lying on the floor . . . is she not supposed to throw everything away and try to attend to him . . . .

Men na wa o . . .lets wait and see what the truth is . . .
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by No2Atheism(m): 10:01am On Nov 29, 2009
This is the best quote i have found on this story on the internet ever . . .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/27/tiger-woods-injured-in-ca_n_372324.html?page=3&show_comment_id=35343183#comment_35343183

Tiger Woods.

The first black man in history to be able to postpone an interview with police.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by bawomolo(m): 8:58pm On Nov 29, 2009
No2Atheism:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/27/tiger-woods-injured-in-ca_n_372324.html?page=3&show_comment_id=35343183#comment_35343183

Tiger Woods.

grin grin grin grin

lmao
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by Fhemmmy: 6:39am On Nov 30, 2009
The injury is not as bad as they have made it look.
I think they just need to give the dude some privacy with his family, he is human
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 30, 2009
No2Atheism:

Tiger Woods.

grin grin grin grin
Then he must not be black.
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by FBS: 8:39am On Nov 30, 2009
Tiger Woods hits out at 'false rumours' after car crash

Tiger Woods has hit out at "unfounded rumours" circulating since his car accident in the early hours of Friday.

The golfer was found semi-conscious with facial injuries after his car reportedly hit a fire hydrant and tree.

In a statement on his website the golfer said the only person responsible for the crash in Florida "was me".

He added: "The many false, unfounded and malicious rumours that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible."

The incident occurred in the suburb of Isleworth, an exclusive area near Orlando, at 0225 local time (0725 GMT) on Friday.

Florida police officers were told Woods' wife Elin had used a golf club to break the car's rear window and help him out.
Police were expected to question Woods about the incident on Sunday but the Associated Press reported that the meeting was cancelled for the third straight day.

Sgt Kim Montes of the Florida Highway Patrol said Woods' lawyer did not reschedule the meeting.

In a statement posted online about an hour before he was due to be interviewed, Woods said: "My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false.
"This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8385492.stm
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by Seun(m): 9:50am On Nov 30, 2009
Ouch, ouch. Is he still dominating the sport the way people expected him to?
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by FBS: 9:55am On Nov 30, 2009
He is still the number 1 golfer.
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2009
FBS,
Leave matter for Matthias.
Truth is,tiger has been having an affair with a waitress.(White,by the way,so you can understand why the police will not rush to investigate him grin grin)
He and his wife had a row about it,probably as a result of a text from the waitress.
The wife chased Tiger out with a club and Tiger jumed into his van,whilethe wife went after him with the club and swung at the car,hitting the back screen,and probably causing Tiger to veer into the tree.
just adding 1 and1 t make 2.
Re: Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash With Tree by FBS: 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2009
@Eastbay, na you talk am ooo. . .

But The Tiger says otherwise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Make #58,496.71 With 50 In 21days.......... A Real Deal. / Sure 9odds For Free..... / The First Air Conditioned Stadium In Nigeria..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.