Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) (34007 Views)

Full Text Of Trump's Speech On Iran And Reaction On Social Media / President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates / Full Transcript Of The Inaugural Address Of The 45th US President Donald Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by femeritus: 6:53am On Jan 21, 2017
Great speech, no doubt but sounds more like a campaign speech, rather than an inaugural address. I hope he will live up to expectations. Talk is cheap but action is expensive. I hope he fulfils his promises so Nigeria can be great. And for those saying Nigeria shall be great again, has Nigeria ever been great?

One can rightly say America shall be great again but not Nigeria but Nigeria can be great with good leadership. Nigeria shall be great again is both semantic and collocational clash.
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by Smooyis(m): 6:54am On Jan 21, 2017
Philpham:
This man is the greatest mistake America has ever made. He will destroy America and America will know no peace with him.
Him and his wife are failures andalso disgrace to the world. A president that allegedly 'ra.pes' women and a First Lady that was allegedly a former pros.ti..tute.

What a shame to America.

Everyone has his or her past. Don't judge on the basis of anyone's past.
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by Orikinla1: 6:56am On Jan 21, 2017
ikp120:
America don enter o... Any sensitive person can see a really ignorant man making noise just like Buhari and APC did before they entered the place and saw what was really in the place.

Trump think say this na one of those his private businesses wey he fit run anyhow? Just the same way Buhari thought Nigeria still be like e be back in the military era. grin grin grin grin

Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by psalmsjob: 7:08am On Jan 21, 2017
1. No mention of IPOB or Nnamdi Kanu

2. No GEJ invitation or in attendance

3. No mention of British Prime Minister in attendance or other Presidents.

4. But America first, America last is his motto.

5. Trump is a patriot and patriots don't encourage secessionists like IPOB or their caged mumu leader in kuje.

6. IPOB should look for another leader to rally for maybe Kim of North Korea when next he test a missile. Just as the friend IPOB has found in Shiite militias of Zakzaki or go for broke and rally for Iran itself.

7. IPOB should emigrate to the South-East to prove their desire for a Biafra country that can never be. Until you all go back to the east you're all hypocrites.
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by Mujtahida: 7:16am On Jan 21, 2017
richard870:
Oga shut up joor. Enough of people with little or no knowledge about Trump speaking ill of him as though they are saints
Don't mind the many ignorant statements made here Jare. They've been fed fat on propaganda in the name of news and information by CNN, ABC, CNSBC etc. As if they really, really know what is going on beyond the perspectives given to them by news agencies. It's better to be silent and observe.

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by Kiakia(m): 7:43am On Jan 21, 2017
From now onwards, it is America first ~ Donald Trump. What does this mean? A lot of things, I guess.
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 21, 2017
Deejacy2:
Lol u better no try am

Shez Married, plus the Papa Go kill u
guy no be de talk oo
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by godson4u79(m): 7:49am On Jan 21, 2017
Do you think country like China will continue to be friends with America, cos Trump thinks Obama was parking jobs out of America to China
Insightz:

Why? Why would other countries hate them?
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by Mujtahida: 7:54am On Jan 21, 2017
ikp120:

I'm not basing my opinion on any propaganda. When I listen to people, I can tell how smart or stupid they are.

I'm sorry Trump is in the second category. Just listen to him without bias, and you will hear a kid talking. cry
If a stupid man can achieve all that Trump has achieved and then top it with being a President not of Nepal or Bahrain or Guatemala or Eritrea but the United States of America, then I'd rather have his own brand of stupidity than the pretended and empty wisdom of talking heads because methinks there must be some method to his stupidity. My apologies but I think It is a mark of rank and absolute stupidity to label such a man stupid. No wise man would regard Trump as stupid. None!

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by Mujtahida: 8:13am On Jan 21, 2017
Insightz:

yes, your write up breaks away from the conventional way people like to look at him. it nice yo see people swim against the current. I like it. The problem is that most people are incapable of intellectual discourse. Most people form their onions solely based on what they see on CNN and that is dangerous for the critical thinker. Alternative media is the only way to have a balanced mind.
My appetite has always been for the other side of history, the politically incorrect dimension to accepted facts. All news today is nothing but propaganda-even when true facts are being reported it is done with an axe to grind. The other side must be heard as Chimamanda has warned about the danger of a single story.
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by Iyascobobby: 8:37am On Jan 21, 2017
"We will reinforce old alliances and form new ones and unite the civilized world against radical Islamic terrorism, which we will eradicate from the face of the Earth." - President Donald Trump

I love this statement so much, hope he and his team will be able to achieve this. Team Putin + Team Trump against Islamic Terrorism
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by akigbemaru: 9:03am On Jan 21, 2017
Donald Trump wife
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 21, 2017
richard870:
Oga shut up joor. Enough of people with little or no knowledge about Trump speaking ill of him as though they are saints
Ok. We're all watching. The clock has started ticking already.
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by davidif: 10:16am On Jan 21, 2017
Arsenalholic:
Obama had a thing against us....

*WHAT NIGERIANS SHOULD REMEMBER ABOUT FORMER PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA*:

1. He refused to visit Nigeria and flew on to Ghana.

2. He refused to assist us with the experimental Ebola drug when we had Ebola outbreak. Nigeria had to fight alone and we won.

3. He stopped buying Nigeria's oil for years. NIGERIA went from a supplier of 10% of US beeds to Zero.

4. He refused to classify boko haram as a terror organization even when advised to do so till they became top powerful and bombed the UN building in Abuja. Even after UN bombing it took two more years and 25000 Nigerians murdered for OBAMA to accept Boko HARAM was a terror group.

5. He refused to sell necessary much needed weapons for Nigeria to confront Boko Haram forcing us to fly cash all over the world to buy arms. This hurt Nigeria badly.

6. He interfered in Nigeria's presidential elections and did not hide his support for a particular candidate. Now he is concerned about Russia's interferrence in US elections what rubbish

7. He played politics of division by sending his Secretary of state Senator John Kerry to bypass the Southern Nigeria and hold secret meetings with only the 19 northern states governors and the Sultan of Sokoto. He went further to subsequently host 13 Northern Governors in the White House in Washington DC. Only God knows why he was trying to divide Nigeria in this way.

8. Even as we were sliding deeper into chaos and recession, and misguided Federal Government policies President Obama said our president was doing very well. Indeed after 5 million jobs lost, 11 currency exchange rates, inflation at 19%, a contracting, shrinking economy, he said doing well? How, he must have meant doing well for him Obama not for Nigeria or Nigerians.

For the above reasons and more, I and many other Nigerians say *good riddance to bad rubbish*

Whatever he did for Americans is their business. This is the Nigerian prospective. So Obama lovers can go eat their hearts out.

I am happy today has come
#copied

I don't even know where to even begin with this tripe written here. Its just best to ignore.
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by livebullet(m): 10:40am On Jan 21, 2017
Ist law of survival is self preservation.
I agree with how he emphasized the need for buy and hire American. If only our dull headed govt can hear that
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by igbalodehunter(m): 11:11am On Jan 21, 2017
gbaskiboy:
Future president of Nigeria will plagiarised his words soon.
Come 2019
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by advocatebaba(m): 11:27am On Jan 21, 2017
ikp120:
America don enter o... Any sensitive person can see a really ignorant man making noise just like Buhari and APC did before they entered the place and saw what was really in the place.

Trump think say this na one of those his private businesses wey he fit run anyhow? Just the same way Buhari thought Nigeria still be like e be back in the military era. grin grin grin grin

U LACK KNOWLEGDE ND IT WIL MAKE U PERISH... INSTEAD OF U BRINGIN OUT OBJECTIVE DEDUCTION FOR CRITICISM, U R HERE SAYIN U.S DON ENTA 1CHANCE BLA BLA BLA... D MAIN CARDINAL FOCUS OF HIS SPEECH U DNT KNW ND U ALLOW UR BRAIN 2MAKE U TINK LIKE A STUPID PERSON... U DESERVD MY WORDS CUZ U KNW NOTIN.
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by ezpee: 11:36am On Jan 21, 2017
Haters will call it Photoshop.....

Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by Temihamzee85: 12:21pm On Jan 21, 2017
I was expecting him to mention d independent of Biafra nation.... yeye dey smell! hiafraud na joke, by d time Trump start sending back to anambra... una brain go start function in HD. I laugh in swalis
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by Insightz(m): 12:45pm On Jan 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

My appetite has always been for the other side of history, the politically incorrect dimension to accepted facts. All news today is nothing but propaganda-even when true facts are being reported it is done with an axe to grind. The other side must be heard as Chimamanda has warned about the danger of a single story.

Brilliant. I see that you read a lot. I find your ability to articulate very refreshing. Keep on educating and building your mind. Don't forget to be a leader with your intellect.
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by Insightz(m): 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2017
godson4u79:
Do you think country like China will continue to be friends with America, cos Trump thinks Obama was parking jobs out of America to China

Good point. But I don't think China would hate him. What I see happening is a gradual shift in priorities for both countries. Remember, most of the Fortune 500 American companies produce in China. Do you know what would happen if those companies move back to US? China would definitely lose a large chunk of that revenue.
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by guiddoti: 3:02pm On Jan 21, 2017
Smooyis:

Everyone has his or her past. Don't judge on the basis of anyone's past.
Hope your comment would not contradict today's Nigerian leaders.
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by pressplay411(m): 3:41pm On Jan 21, 2017
Impressive writ. Embedded with engaging promises and subtle threats.
One thing everyone has to admit, Trump commands a lot of Respect.
Even the Powers that be Respect him.
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by Mujtahida: 4:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
Insightz:

Brilliant. I see that you read a lot. I find your ability to articulate very refreshing. Keep on educating and building your mind. Don't forget to be a leader with your intellect.
Good words. I appreciate. Cheers
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by kkins25(m): 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2017
Philpham:
This man is the greatest mistake America has ever made. He will destroy America and America will know no peace with him.
Him and his wife are failures andalso disgrace to the world. A president that allegedly 'ra.pes' women and a First Lady that was allegedly a former pros.ti..tute.

What a shame to America.
Tank God you said "allegedly" and "former"
Re: President Donald Trump's Inaugural Address (Full Text) by psalmsjob: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2017
1. No mention of IPOB or Nnamdi Kanu

2. No GEJ invitation or in attendance

3. No mention of British Prime Minister in attendance or other Presidents.

4. But America first, America last is his motto.

5. Trump is a patriot and patriots don't encourage secessionists like IPOB or their caged mumu leader in kuje.

6. IPOB should look for another leader to rally for maybe Kim of North Korea when next he test a missile. Just as the friend IPOB has found in Shiite militias of Zakzaki or go for broke and rally for Iran itself.

7. IPOB should emigrate to the South-East to prove their desire for a Biafra country that can never be. Until you all go back to the east you're all hypocrites.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reddit, Twitch, Shopify, Discord Ban Donald Trump / Ukraine: Putin's Miscalculations Could See Him Strike Harder / Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.