Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault (34056 Views)

Israel-Hamas War: Don't Delay, Leave Gaza Now - Israel Tells Residents / Gaza will Be Reduced To rubbles, Leave Now - Netanyahu tells residents / Pictures Of Destructions Made In Kyiv As Russia Invade Ukraine's Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by fergie001: 3:30pm On Apr 06, 2022
Authorities in Ukraine's eastern Luhansk region called on Wednesday for civilians to leave the area "while it is safe", warning that Russian bombardment could cut off escape routes.

Ukraine has said that the Russian troops that invaded on February 24 are regrouping and preparing a new offensive in the Donbas area, which includes this region that is controlled in part by the pro-Russian authorities of the self-proclaimed people's republic.

Deputy Prime Minister Irina Vereshchuk has announced that Ukraine intended to open 11 humanitarian corridors on Wednesday to evacuate civilians. “We will get everyone out if the Russians allow us to get to the meeting places (for evacuation). Because, as you can see, they do not always respect the ceasefire," said the Governor of the Lugansk region, Serhi Gaidai, through a message posted on Telegram.

"I appeal to all residents of the Lugansk region: evacuate while it is safe... As long as there are buses and trains, take advantage of this opportunity," warned the head of that region, in statements collected by Reuters.

Damage to railway connections and attack on Donetsk

Gaidai has warned that rail links in the Donetsk region of Donbas had been damaged this week and took several hours to repair. “This is another alarm signal”, he has assessed.

Gaidai also explained in a videotaped speech that Russian forces had failed to break through Ukrainian defenses in their region, but were destroying "everything in their path" and "would stop at nothing."

Ukrainian authorities have also reported on Wednesday the death of two people in an attack by Russian forces on a humanitarian aid distribution point in the town of Vugledar, located in the Donetsk region.

"The humanitarian aid delivery point in Vugledar has been attacked with artillery by Russian fascists," said the head of the Donetsk Regional Military Administration, Pavli Kirilenko. "There are two dead and five wounded," he added.

SOURCE

If you can - evacuate"

Deputy Prime Minister Irina Vereshchuk and military administrations have called for the evacuation of residents of Kharkiv, Donetsk and Luhansk regions, while there is such an opportunity.

Vereshchuk's direct speech: "The heads of the military administrations of Kharkiv, Luhansk and Donbass are asking the population to leave the borders of the regions and are doing everything to ensure that the evacuation is organized.

This is necessary now, because then people will be under fire and threatened with death. There is nothing they can do about it, and we can't help it. Because it will be almost impossible to stop the fire. We need to evacuate while there is such an opportunity. While she is still there. "

SOURCE

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by Fahdiga(m): 3:32pm On Apr 06, 2022
A dialogue could have averted all these carnage. Buhari should talk with IPOB now to avoid this kind of thing in Nigeria. Nothing like peace

113 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by Elvictor: 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2022
Ukraine threatening Ukraine, lol, naso them tell people to evacuate Kyiv.

grin grin

This region is pro-Russia, I don't think, they will even leave sef

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by madridguy(m): 3:43pm On Apr 06, 2022
grin grin grin

Fahdiga:
A dialogue could have averted all these carnage. Buhari should talk with IPOB now to avoid this kind of thing in Nigeria. Nothing like peace

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2022
this is what war is suppose to be....which he fully well knew when he decided to go against him area fada!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2022
Russia is really dealing with them..they have already lost izyum, and opened a direct road to Kramatorsk. Russia is coming.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by Fahdiga(m): 3:50pm On Apr 06, 2022
madridguy:
grin grin grin

You will be the first to Japa once it starts. Continue laughing

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by madridguy(m): 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2022
Japa to where shocked Are you my ADC? those thugs can not pass SE FYI.

Fahdiga:
You will be the first to Japa once it starts. Continue laughing

107 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by Fahdiga(m): 3:56pm On Apr 06, 2022
madridguy:
Japa to where shocked Are you my ADC? those thugs can not pass SE FYI.

Same thing Zelensky was saying in the beginning

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by Rastaramsey(m): 4:02pm On Apr 06, 2022
This is becoming more worse....

Why do I think USA isn't doing enough undecided undecided

They are just concerned with the price of gas in Russia undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by madridguy(m): 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2022
Laughing in Kanuri grin grin grin So the thugs have launcher to send rocket

Fahdiga:
Same thing Zelensky was saying in the beginning

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by muyico(m): 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2022
Follow peace with all men make peace with your enemies

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by Fahdiga(m): 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2022
madridguy:
Laughing in Kanuri grin grin grin So the thugs have launcher to send rocket

I'm not one of them so you shouldn't be asking me this. Go and ask Ekpa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by madridguy(m): 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2022
But you are their spokesperson.

Fahdiga:
I'm not one of them so you shouldn't be asking me this

95 Likes

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by Fahdiga(m): 4:41pm On Apr 06, 2022
madridguy:
But you are their spokesperson.

How?

1 Like

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by MangekyoAlt: 4:41pm On Apr 06, 2022
Why would Ukraine tell their people to evacuate when ThEY aRE cLeARlY wInNiNg tHe WaR? grin fake news from Russian media's to cause panic in Mariupol

Mariupol is in full control of Ukrainian troops, who are constantly stabilizing the area and maintaining normalcy. Every attempt by Russian troops to occupy even an inch of mariupol is being thwarted by Ukrainian troops, according to inbreds on nairaland grin

I refuse to believe this fake news from Russian medias. After all, arm chair generals and analysts on this forum are giving a contradictory report cool

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by Bestdesign555: 5:12pm On Apr 06, 2022

1 Like

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by DJGiore: 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
Why would Ukraine tell their people to evacuate when ThEY aRE cLeARlY wInNiNg tHe WaR? grin fake news from Russian media's to cause panic in Mariupol

Mariupol is in full control of Ukrainian troops, who are constantly stabilizing the area and maintaining normalcy. Every attempt by Russian troops to occupy even an inch of mariupol is being thwarted by Ukrainian troops, according to inbreds on nairaland grin

I refuse to believe this fake news from Russian medias. After all, arm chair generals and analysts on this forum are giving a contradictory report cool

you too like wahala, but you re right... Ukraine is winning o grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by iampeterben(m): 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2022
We speak peace to Ukraine and Russia. Lord let your peace reign in this nations and also in Kaduna, Nigeria. Amen!

12 Likes

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by posty56: 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2022
Russia is just bombing anyhow, I don't know if it's to demoralize and weaken Dem

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by abbey621(m): 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2022
Rastaramsey:
This is becoming more worse....

Why do I think USA isn't doing enough undecided undecided

They are just concerned with the price of gas in Russia undecided

Wetin you want USA to do? Fight Russia? Ukraine is not NATO hence USA is under zero obligation to defend them.

5 Likes

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by victorazy(m): 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2022
Ukraine is winning the war grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by Graphics444: 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2022
Fahdiga:
I'm not one of them so you shouldn't be asking me this. Go and ask Ekpa
Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by abbey621(m): 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Oga sit your sarcastic butt down, how Ukraine wan win war against Thanos grin. They can delay and stall but eventually unless outside countries help, Ukraine will fall.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by olusam4: 5:16pm On Apr 06, 2022
Ah
Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by olu122: 5:16pm On Apr 06, 2022
shocked This is serious
Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by gambojimeta: 5:16pm On Apr 06, 2022
Nigeria and company, Over to you.

grin

5 Likes

Re: 'Evacuate Now Or Risk Death': Ukraine Tells Residents As Russia Prepares Assault by chronique(m): 5:16pm On Apr 06, 2022
The sad reality of all of this is that this is happening because of the lack of diplomacy of one person, the ego of so many people and the over bearing behaviors of some people. I hope in the future, leaders would learn how to not stoke the fire, and also do everything possible to sit at a table and make war an option not being considered. I hate to imagine how the lives some people have planned for themselves have suddenly been thwarted by this war and when it's over, they would have to start building their lives all over again from scratch.

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Las Vegas Shooting, Families Of Those Killed To Get ₦100m Each(Photo) / Wisconsin State Asks Trump To Pay $9.7 Million As Charges For A Recount / Martine Moise: Injured Widow Of Slain President Returns To Haiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.