Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,541 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned (3667 Views)

Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / Atheists Are Hypocrites / Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 20, 2017
They say devil is not real but he has been able to capture their minds so easily, this is how he does it:

They don't believe God is real but they engage others in endless discussions about Him

They don't believe in the Bible but they quote scriptures aimlessly and attempt to engage in logical discussions about it

They think religious people are deluded but they engage in endless debates with them

Their belief system is based on countering religious beliefs and ideoligies but they claim to be able to stand on their own

They say religion is the problem of the world yet they have no alternative uniform moral standard of their own which the world can rely on for safety

An average die hard atheist spends about 20 hours a day either reading up on religion issues with the aim of gathering materials to help him/her start and win debates or he grabs any opportunity he gets with a religious person to counter religious beliefs the best way he knows how

4 Likes

Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by frank317: 11:49pm On Jan 20, 2017
Devil is not real, and God is just an illusion... And I can say anything I like about them because u believe.
Talk is cheap, if I see u displaying ur delusion like they matter, I have every right to challenge u.

If u don't want me to talk about ur nonexistent God, then shut up about it already.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 21, 2017
frank317:
Devil is not real, and God is just an illusion... And I can say anything I like about them because u believe.
Talk is cheap, if I see u displaying ur delusion like they matter, I have every right to challenge u.

If u don't want me to talk about ur nonexistent God, then shut up about it already.

Who forced you to listen, was a gun held against your throat? I am exposing the way satan uses in stealing your time and I expect more of gratitude not insult but as usual you guys don't disappoint
Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by hopefulLandlord: 12:23am On Jan 21, 2017
Pidgin2:
They say devil is not real but he has been able to capture their minds so easily, this is how he does it:

I would like to know those ways too

They don't believe God is real but they engage others in endless discussions about Him

They don't believe in the Bible but they quote scriptures aimlessly and attempt to engage in logical discussions about it

They think religious people are deluded but they engage in endless debates with them

Imagine a world in which everywhere you turned, a belief in a literal Santa Claus was staring back at you. national Pledge “So help me santa” Imagine if when you went to a courtroom to testify, you had to put your hand on a copy of the book, “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas,” and say “So help me Santa” at the end of your oath. Imagine that town meetings all across the country started with the singing of the song “Here Comes Santa Claus” or “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.”

Imagine that everyone you know insists that you go to services at least once a week during which you write letters to Santa, and if you don’t, they tell you there’s something wrong with you. Imagine if the first thing that anyone asks you in a social setting is not about what you do for a living or some other question, but, “What have you written to Santa about lately?”

Imagine if you couldn’t go to a gym, or a coffee shop, without Christmas music being played in the background year ’round. Imagine if you couldn’t get your hair done, or go shopping, or go to a doctor’s office without having Christmas music playing, whether it’s Christmas time or not. Imagine if you tried to complain about it, or suggest that maybe some other music should be played, and people told you that you’re a terrible person with no morals for saying such a thing.

Imagine if friends and family shunned you because you had the audacity to say that Santa Claus isn’t real, that he doesn’t bring presents to children around the world at Christmas, and that to believe so is silly with no evidence to support that belief. Imagine parents of students at the school in which you are a faculty member saying that the fact you don’t believe in Santa frightens them, and that they don’t want their kids in your class.

Imagine everyone around you telling you that if you don’t believe in Santa Claus, you will spend all of eternity being punished by being submerged under the ice at the north pole, and poked by Santa’s elves with sticks.

Imagine everyone telling you to just shut up about the fact that you don’t believe in Santa, and to just go along with all of the nonsense, because to everyone else, Santa Claus is absolutely, positively real, and you can’t tell them anything different, and since the majority of society believes in Santa, you must follow what they do.

If you think this all sounds ridiculous or farfetched, this is exactly what it’s like living in Nigeria for people who aren’t theists. This is why we keep engaging in discussions about God. It’s because this idea—which other people seem to think isn’t any of our business—is all up in our business every day of our lives. That makes it our business.

Their belief system is based on countering religious beliefs and ideoligies but they claim to be able to stand on their own

atheism is NOT a belief system

They say religion is the problem of the world yet they have no alternative uniform moral standard of their own which the world can rely on for safety

Religion is A problem

what moral standard do you have? a god that endorses slavery? that rewards rapists by giving them their rape victim forever to enjoy in bed

An average die hard atheist spends about 20 hours a day either reading up on religion issues with the aim of gathering materials to help him/her start and win debates or he grabs any opportunity he gets with a religious person to counter religious beliefs the best way he knows how

20 hours? that's a massive exaggeration and you know it cool

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by obinna58(m): 12:31am On Jan 21, 2017
Their s nothing like magic, miracle, superstition, devil, God.

All the above mentioned plays only in human mind and the smart ones uses the advantage to make cool cash especially from those who are afraid, greedy, lazy, and mostly ones who need comfort.

Religion was created in order to control the mass

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by Nobody: 5:02am On Jan 21, 2017
obinna58:
Their s nothing like magic, miracle, superstition, devil, God.

All the above mentioned plays only in human mind and the smart ones uses the advantage to make cool cash especially from those who are afraid, greedy, lazy, and mostly ones who need comfort.

Religion was created in order to control the mass

Explain dreams and visions
Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by Nobody: 5:29am On Jan 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I would like to know those ways too

Imagine a world in which everywhere you turned, a belief in a literal Santa Claus was staring back at you. national Pledge “So help me santa” Imagine if when you went to a courtroom to testify, you had to put your hand on a copy of the book, “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas,” and say “So help me Santa” at the end of your oath. Imagine that town meetings all across the country started with the singing of the song “Here Comes Santa Claus” or “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.”

Imagine that everyone you know insists that you go to services at least once a week during which you write letters to Santa, and if you don’t, they tell you there’s something wrong with you. Imagine if the first thing that anyone asks you in a social setting is not about what you do for a living or some other question, but, “What have you written to Santa about lately?”

Imagine if you couldn’t go to a gym, or a coffee shop, without Christmas music being played in the background year ’round. Imagine if you couldn’t get your hair done, or go shopping, or go to a doctor’s office without having Christmas music playing, whether it’s Christmas time or not. Imagine if you tried to complain about it, or suggest that maybe some other music should be played, and people told you that you’re a terrible person with no morals for saying such a thing.

Imagine if friends and family shunned you because you had the audacity to say that Santa Claus isn’t real, that he doesn’t bring presents to children around the world at Christmas, and that to believe so is silly with no evidence to support that belief. Imagine parents of students at the school in which you are a faculty member saying that the fact you don’t believe in Santa frightens them, and that they don’t want their kids in your class.

Imagine everyone around you telling you that if you don’t believe in Santa Claus, you will spend all of eternity being punished by being submerged under the ice at the north pole, and poked by Santa’s elves with sticks.

Imagine everyone telling you to just shut up about the fact that you don’t believe in Santa, and to just go along with all of the nonsense, because to everyone else, Santa Claus is absolutely, positively real, and you can’t tell them anything different, and since the majority of society believes in Santa, you must follow what they do.

If you think this all sounds ridiculous or farfetched, this is exactly what it’s like living in Nigeria for people who aren’t theists. This is why we keep engaging in discussions about God. It’s because this idea—which other people seem to think isn’t any of our business—is all up in our business every day of our lives. That makes it our business.

atheism is NOT a belief system

Religion is A problem

what moral standard do you have? a god that endorses slavery? that rewards rape victims by giving them their victims forever to enjoy in bed

20 hours? that's a massive exaggeration and you know it cool

Your analogy is laughable. Referring to God as Santa Claus is comical. Is this an attempt to distract us from the points I raised?

If Santa has written a moral book of laws neither and has a compact history like that of God's don't you think it would be sensible to at least pay him more attention, rather than acting like he and we his followers are bothering you all the time

If Santa's book contains some facts that history and archeology has proven to be true does it make any sense for you to reject Him by saying He doesn't exist?

If I was in your situation then I will ask myself if I am not acting delusional, how can everyone else think Santa is real but only me and a few others say he isn't

A God that says we should love each other including our enemies, desist from all immorality, be prepared people of integrity, live in holiness and to do good to those who even treat us badly? Come on now, you know this is morality at its peak

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by frank317: 7:17am On Jan 21, 2017
Pidgin2:

Who forced you to listen, was a gun held against your throat? I am exposing the way satan uses in stealing your time and I expect more of gratitude not insult but as usual you guys don't disappoint

Did I insult u? Why do u always like feeling persecuted? What in the world do u mean by who forces me to listen? What kind of rude statement is that? Are u suggesting I have the ability to be deaf or blind at will?

Btw who told u i want to shut my ears to ur preaching? I actually want to hear them for the sole intention of challenging them... As long as u are willing to always preach, deal with the challenges u will face.

What's this complain about? This is a supposedly all powerful creator we are talking about. The more u guys complain,the more u prove ur God is fake

5 Likes

Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by hopefulLandlord: 7:39am On Jan 21, 2017
Pidgin2:

Your analogy is laughable. Referring to God as Santa Claus is comical. Is this an attempt to distract us from the points I raised?

If Santa has written a moral book of laws neither and has a compact history like that of God's don't you think it would be sensible to at least pay him more attention, rather than acting like he and we his followers are bothering you all the time

If Santa's book contains some facts that history and archeology has proven to be true does it make any sense for you to reject Him by saying He doesn't exist?

If I was in your situation then I will ask myself if I am not acting delusional, how can everyone else think Santa is real but only me and a few others say he isn't

A God that says we should love each other including our enemies and to do good to those who even treat us badly? Come on now, you know this is morality at its peak

Hahahahahahahahaha, comprehension is pretty hard for you, even analogy got too hard for you to grasp

now let me address the best sense in this post of yours

you don't get it, do you?

what if 96% of every human in the whole world starts regarding Santa Clause as the "Almighty"? dedicating their lives to it and going about preaching to you to accept him as your lord and personal saviour? what if you're being shunned and your life being made hard because you don't share the belief in Santa?
if you're in this situation would you think you're delusional for not believing their tales?

now let's look at times when the whole world was wrong, there was a time every human on earth including holy spirit and Yahweh thought the earth was flat, has a firmament and the sun revolves around it; did that make it true?

arguing that something must not be a lie because many people believe in it is a huge fallacy called Argumentum ad Populum

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by niyihawking(m): 7:51am On Jan 21, 2017
Pidgin2:

A God that says we should love each other including our enemies and to do good to those who even treat us badly? Come on now, you know this is morality at its peak
you've just murdered reasoning, you are a murderer.

if hopefullandlord should keep on engaging you, then I think I better start worshipping him.

SMH

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by hopefulLandlord: 8:05am On Jan 21, 2017
niyihawking:

if hopefullandlord should keep on engaging you, then I thinks I better start worshipping him.

SMH

lol
Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 21, 2017
niyihawking:

if hopefullandlord should keep on engaging you, then I thinks I better start worshipping him.

SMH

Worship a creature that will disappoint you at the drop of a heart, this is how shallow you atheists are
Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Hahahahahahahahaha, comprehension is pretty hard for you, even analogy got too hard for you to grasp

now let me address the best sense in this post of yours

you don't get it, do you?

what if 96% of every human in the whole world starts regarding Santa Clause as the "Almighty"? dedicating their lives to it and going about preaching to you to accept him as your lord and personal saviour? what if you're being shunned and your life being made hard because you don't share the belief in Santa?
if you're in this situation would you think you're delusional for not believing their tales?

now let's look at times when the whole world was wrong, there was a time every human on earth including holy spirit and Yahweh thought the earth was flat, has a firmament and the sun revolves around it; did that make it true?

arguing that something must not be a lie because many people believe in it is a huge fallacy called Argumentum ad Populum

How ridiculous can you get? If I am presented substantial evidence e.g. The Bible of Santa I would have a look at it with an open mind not with bias like you and your kind are currently doing, I will respect the views of those who believe in Santa and would never insult him or call him evil names, I will not insult his adherence but treat them with love and respect because I will see myself as the bigger person (if I know my own worth)

But no way, according to you atheists, the only way to show your displeasure is to insult Santa, call his adherents all kinds of names, read his book and quote out of context, spend endless hours debating about him, complaining about being called followers of Santa's enemy whom you don't believe exist, doesn't this make you losers?

You can't ignore Santa and his followers since you have been claiming that you are more intelligent, instead you invade their discussions and demand for proof but ignore the testimonies even with hard evidence of Santa's numerous healing and miracles
Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by jonbellion(m): 8:32am On Jan 21, 2017
Pidgin2:

How ridiculous can you get? If I am presented substantial evidence e.g. The Bible of Santa I would have a look at it with an open mind not with bias like you and your kind are currently doing, I will respect the views of those who believe in Santa and would never insult him or call him evil names, I will not insult his adherence but treat them with love and respect because I will see myself as the bigger person (if I know my own worth)

But no way, according to you atheists, the only way to show your displeasure is to insult Santa, call his adherents all kinds of names, read his book and quote out of context, spend endless hours debating about him, complaining about being called followers of Santa's enemy whom you don't believe exist, doesn't that make you losers?
baby boo pls take it easy na
Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 21, 2017
jonbellion:
baby boo pls take it easy na

Lol warn hopefulLandlord o
Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by hopefulLandlord: 8:35am On Jan 21, 2017
Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Hahahahahahahahaha

I'm done here grin

Yeah bye, scram cool
Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by hopefulLandlord: 8:38am On Jan 21, 2017
Pidgin2:

Yeah bye, scram with your ridiculous reasoning.

lol, you sound really hurt that we are poking holes in your delusions grin that's not stopping anytime soon

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by hopefulLandlord: 8:40am On Jan 21, 2017
Pidgin2:

lol, wetin I do Na?
Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by niyihawking(m): 8:51am On Jan 21, 2017
sometimes I wonder how a supreme God could have created dumb people like.............(fill the space if you are dumb)

how hard it is for them to comprehend.

2 Likes

Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by jonbellion(m): 8:54am On Jan 21, 2017
Pidgin2:

lol
But honey pie he's not wrong
You should try and take in what he says cuz he's making sense okay? smiley
Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 21, 2017
jonbellion:
lol
But honey pie he's not wrong
You should try and take in what he says cuz he's making sense okay? smiley

Shuu shocked honey pie ko chicken pie ni, you need Jesus seriously. You should my initial post and learn from it
Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol, you sound really hurt that we are poking holes in your delusions grin that's not stopping anytime soon

The only deluded people I see here are atheists like you who spend 20 hrs of their day talking about a God they believe does not exist cheesy
Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by jonbellion(m): 9:18am On Jan 21, 2017
Pidgin2:

Shuu shocked honey pie ko chicken pie ni, you need Jesus seriously. You should my initial post and learn from it
lol
Whichever one you prefer babe wink
Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by onetrack(m): 9:21am On Jan 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

From reading your posts it is clear that you have a spiritual hunger and are in desperate need of the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER. Turn to him now and know peace, love, and pasta.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by hopefulLandlord: 9:28am On Jan 21, 2017
Pidgin2:

The only deluded people I see here are atheists like you who spend 20 hrs of their day talking about a God they believe does not exist cheesy

1 Like

Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by hopefulLandlord: 9:30am On Jan 21, 2017
onetrack:

From reading your posts it is clear that you have a spiritual hunger and are in desperate need of the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER. Turn to him now and know peace, love, and pasta.

yeah, he's revealed himself to me but I keep fighting him because I love to sin; he appeared to me in a vision and revealed how he boiled for my sins so I can be saved

I think I'll turn back from my sinful ways and embrace FSM, I want to be saved

5 Likes

Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 21, 2017
[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=52995989][/quote]

Lol using memes as usual, your delusions has been noted and countered accordingly grin
Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by bennyann: 9:37am On Jan 21, 2017
Hopefullandlord and Pidgin2 again. Hmmm ; cheesy

Let's just say atheists are so God conscious that they can think of anything else aside God. The truth is they can't live without Him. They're only trying to find a way out from such mental obsession about God but it seems impossible.

Atheists are trying to find a way out totally from God, but they seem caged in God's atmosphere and this really suffocates them.

The truth is they can never be free from God till they give in. The only way they think they can get an atom of fresh air is to go against God in any way they can, but that seems worthless also.

Dear Pidgin2, the bottom line is, they can't live without God. They're only trying to do so with all they've got but they still haven't found a way out. So don't be surprised they battle with no one else but God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 21, 2017
frank317:

Your sayings on this one are pathetic. If you don't believe in a mighty God like the Sovereign LORD, then I don't see any reason why you must counter the belief of a Follower of Christ.

You should keep to your lane if you don't want to be saved. When we knock on your doors for your liberation and salvation , you reject us , so we have to dust our feet and leave your domain.

So as we leave you, you must leave us and make it your ambition to mind your business in matters relating to the kingdom of GOD.

ciao.

1 Like

Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 21, 2017
The only God whom I serve and put my trust in is Sovereign and mighty God of Elijah. In his presence there is fullness of glory and power.

I remember the time I saw some fanatics praising 'FSM' and I pondered why. The LORD put me to a sleep state more like a trance in the Mid day. In the realms of the spirit, I Saw the flying spaghetti monster in battle with a celestial being, a god I think... This battle was a battle of thunder and fire. My spirit kept wondering in confusion ...I wasn't hurt neither was I touched by any heavenly entity hey.

The FSM is actually Greyish and big , he moves in the atmosphere and has ropy attachments beneath it like roots. He seemed to battle tirelessly , Then the Glory of God almighty appeared and every entity bowed, even I. I was without form but I had an awareness .

He's indeed a consuming fire as said in Hebrews 12vs 29. I felt a very warm sensation on my back as I bowed, I could not bear the glory. When he spoke from the high heavens, every entity vanished in the lower heavens .

He only spoke and the battle ended and every powerful entity vanished...Even when I came out of that trance, I still felt that warmness on my back..

3 Likes

Re: See How Atheists Minds Are Imprisoned by niyihawking(m): 11:03am On Jan 21, 2017
Jacksonville:
The only God whom I serve and put my trust in is Sovereign and mighty God of Elijah. In his presence there is fullness of glory and power.

I remember the time I saw some fanatics praising 'FSM' and I pondered why. The LORD put me to a sleep state more like a trance in the Mid day. In the realms of the spirit, I Saw the flying spaghetti monster in battle with a celestial being, a god I think... This battle was a battle of thunder and fire. My spirit kept wondering in confusion ...I wasn't hurt neither was I touched by any heavenly entity hey.

The FSM is actually Greyish and big , he moves in the atmosphere and has ropy attachments beneath it like roots. He seemed to battle tirelessly , Then the Glory of God almighty appeared and every entity bowed, even I. I was without form but I had an awareness .

He's indeed a consuming fire as said in Hebrews 12vs 9. I felt a very warm sensation on my back as I bowed, I could not bear the glory. When he spoke from the high heavens, every entity vanished in the lower heavens .

He only spoke and the battle ended and every powerful entity vanished...Even when I came out of that trance, I still felt that warmness on my back..
udonminit

you mean you saw the FSM??

you need to see a psychiatrist.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sacrifices: Parallelism Between Judaism And Traditional Religion? / Honour God Wit Ur Ist Fruit By Pastor Adeboye / Monday Bible Study (DCLM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.