Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,185 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? (42755 Views)

OAU Vs UNILAG- Students Battle Each Other On Twitter / Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU / OAU Students Celebrate Their Costume Day In Style. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Packup(m): 8:46am On Jan 21, 2017
i have spent over 2years reading posts on Nairaland most especially Educational section!....The issue which still critically needs to be analyse is The beef between the students of The two mighty vasity in Nigeria;The premier vasity of Ibadan and Obafemi awolowo university(oau)popularly known as Oba awon university...The question then is,which is the best?..base on education,social life and good educational facilities

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 21, 2017
let the fight begin.

T34M V1RG1N
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 21, 2017
Packup:
i have spent over 2years reading posts on Nairaland most especially Educational section!....The issue which still critically needs to be analyse is The beef between the students of The two mighty vasity in Nigeria;The premier vasity of Ibadan and Obafemi awolowo university(oau)popularly known as Oba awon university...The question then is,which is the best?..base on education,social life and good educational facilities
Am not a UI alumnus but it's obvious UI is better than OAU.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by adeniyi3971(m): 9:27am On Jan 21, 2017
they are both bleeped!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 21, 2017
I'm not a student of either two..... Buh, I'll give it to UI

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Rex123(m): 12:01pm On Jan 21, 2017
Everybody knows UI is better!

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by betterABIAstate: 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2017
Not a student of any but I will go for UI

38 Likes

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by biolaowo(m): 1:19pm On Jan 21, 2017
Great ife!!!!!

32 Likes

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Pythagoraz: 2:39pm On Jan 21, 2017
All Nigeria University need serious repackaging and reformation. But I'll give it to UI. I can still trust their academic quality. Although OAU is also a great citadel of learning

34 Likes

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by numtums(m): 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2017
U.I all the way....OAU is just so f**k'd. I've been to both. Had my bsc in U.I and running my postgraduate in OAU.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by oloriooko(m): 5:27pm On Jan 21, 2017
OP please correct the title by replacing "the best" with "better"
To your question, UI is older but Ife is better cool

.......Modified
I think the OP and mod are UI students to make such grammatical blunder even on the FP

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
I think students who have been to both, are in the best position to answer this question...

Just saying my mind..

2 Likes

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by simplejayy(m): 7:32pm On Jan 21, 2017
UI!

19 Likes

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 21, 2017
I've been to one; have gotten admission in the other.
I'll revist this post when we finally resume in the other.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by babyfaceafrica: 9:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
Story...dangote attended none....but employs the best from both schools....it is not by the school...it is you!!!!

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 5:31am On Jan 22, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Story...dangote attended none....but employs the best from both schools....it is not by the school...it is you!!!!
He studied Business studies and administration at Al-Azhar university, Cairo, Egypt in the 1970s.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Ronaldinnioh(m): 7:07am On Jan 22, 2017
I graduated from Obafemi Awolowo University and I must say my days in OAU was like a hell Fire on Earth.

UI is far more better than OAU
1. UI has a better hostel compared to the Poultry of Pigs called Awo Hall
Glorified Prison yard called Angola Hall
Prostitute house for Fellowship girls in thr Night called Fajuyi Hall
Early formation of New Ashawos called Mozambique

The likes of ETF,Alumni, Sports and Moremi are far better.

Another useless thing is lack of Lecture theatre for Most department.

Law students don't have lecture theatre that will accommodate them, you will always find those black and white sheep roaming around campus, looking for lecture venue.

Even the College of Health Sciences students learn under stress and you will see them going to old labs or even cancelling their lecture.I pity those in the college of health sciences. They pass through hell.

The only Organized Department is Pharmacy.

Students from technology department who offer mathematics don't have lecture too. They keep roaming about the school for venue. You see them occupying likes of HSLT C and BOOC.

They have unstable calendar and they usually go on strike.
UI has all these things in place and OAU students usually complain about how good they are those days.

Everything is not about lecturer being good, but how convenient are the Students who are learning under you?

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by abokibuhari: 7:07am On Jan 22, 2017
cheesy where u put UNILORIN

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Category1: 7:07am On Jan 22, 2017
I swear no one....
Since our universities can't produce quality engineers and doctors, that means both are retárds.
They both have good power and conducive environment, but wen it comes to learning,I giv it zero.
Remember that the so called u.I is ranked 807 in the world. It says a lot bout our schools.

8 Likes

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by henrixx(m): 7:08am On Jan 22, 2017
Lorhdany:

He studied Business studies and administration at Al-Azhar university, Cairo, Egypt in the 1970s.
serious and ppl be shouting upandan...he no go skool
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 22, 2017
They are two great schools.

But why can't you ask this question about 5 years ago when GREAT IFE was clearly ahead? cool

I know some people will base their views on current ranking and OAU academic calendar. But as at the time I was graduating in 2012, OAU was not only number 1 in Nigeria but also 8 in Africa. Though I respect UI guys any day.

5 Likes

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by shaboti: 7:09am On Jan 22, 2017
Which is the best or which is the better? Just know that which ever one of them you graduated is defo the worse angry
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by omonla10(m): 7:09am On Jan 22, 2017
Secondary school
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by akandry: 7:09am On Jan 22, 2017
UI all the way

3 Likes

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by daveemuobo(m): 7:10am On Jan 22, 2017
Lorhdany:

Nobody said he didn't attend school

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Generalkorex(m): 7:11am On Jan 22, 2017
OUI

3 Likes

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Wallade(m): 7:11am On Jan 22, 2017
It is difficult to determine which is best. The education level and standard is almost the same these days.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by wheesin(m): 7:11am On Jan 22, 2017
I believe the better by far University of Ilorin is better undecided

1 Like

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 22, 2017
numtums:
U.I all the way....OAU is just so f**k'd. I've been to both. Had my bsc in U.I and running my postgraduate in OAU.
You are likely to be more biased towards UI being your "first love". I have a friend that graduated from OAU but did his masters in UI, he speaks well of OAU than UI till today.

12 Likes

Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 22, 2017
none
Re: OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best? by DonCortino: 7:12am On Jan 22, 2017
'Great ife' 'great ife' africa's most beutiful campus ( tha year), concious..........

wink

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall / The Robotic Dog AAUA Students Built As Project (Pictures) / Teacher Recounts His Seduction Experience In Female Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.