Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,691 members, 7,813,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Artificial Inflation Of Prices In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Artificial Inflation Of Prices In Nigeria (4710 Views)

You Stole With MTN, Caused Artificial Inflation, Writer Shades Soludo / Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu / Oil Prices In January Of Years 2009 To 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Artificial Inflation Of Prices In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 1:49am On Jan 22, 2017
lovat:
Why should i take out time to pen down this type of trash? You brought in your bigotry & an archaic mindset to Nairaland. Forward it to daily trust where your types are the pensioner there

Oh but you have the time to engage the said bigot and archaic minded person in a banter? "Precious time" that would have been spent trolling other threads and praising Seun for thrashing articles without analyses.

Kudos. Kpele. My own is simple : which one have you written?
Re: Artificial Inflation Of Prices In Nigeria by Efewestern: 11:00am On Jan 22, 2017
fratermathy:

Nothing ruined anything. We have to tell ourselves the truth. Religion has not helped anybody. We are all hypocrites!!!!

How can we claim to be God-fearing, loving and good when we constantly seek for ways to defraud our fellow humans??

Greed, like one lady said above, is a human thing but it is common among some persons than others and in the Nigerian context, religion is the best way to prove the point.

Actually its not about religion, You should use Region instead , Northerners are more sincere than us.

How you coping with the high price of foodstuff oniovo?
Re: Artificial Inflation Of Prices In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 11:08am On Jan 22, 2017
Efewestern:

Actually its not about religion, You should use Region instead , Northerners are more sincere than us.

How you coping with the high price of foodstuff oniovo?

I edited it when I saw the issues it was raising.

Okoh, the recession nor be here o. Common Ofigbo when Oghara de produce like sand don go 1k now. We go manage sha. God de.
Re: Artificial Inflation Of Prices In Nigeria by Efewestern: 11:18am On Jan 22, 2017
fratermathy:

I edited it when I saw the issues it was raising.

Okoh, the recession nor be here o. Common Ofigbo when Oghara de produce like sand don go 1k now. We go manage sha. God de.

Lolz. I bought garri @ 800/basket in alaka (Effurun) , The woman explained why the price of foodstuff was increasing daily, As for the oil its because of the season, Palm tree no longer produce unlike before .

1 Like

Re: Artificial Inflation Of Prices In Nigeria by gillz(m): 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
Dis is d best topic discussed on dis platform so far dis year. If one we can love ourselves as instructed by God and not as we deem fit Nigeria will be a better place. Yes, there is recession but our suffering is due to man's wickedness to man

1 Like

Re: Artificial Inflation Of Prices In Nigeria by emerged01(m): 1:17pm On Jan 22, 2017
Op,i once think like you but I want you to realise those people you are referring to will also buy those commodities that are affected by inflation. They need to adjust the prices of their products so that they can have the purchasing power for other products. For example a mallam that is making one thousand naira as a profit daily before the rise in prices of food stuff will make sure he adjusts the prices of his goods to make more profit to avoid starvation.
Re: Artificial Inflation Of Prices In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 1:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
emerged01:
Op,i once think like you but I want you to realise those people you are referring to will also buy those commodities that are affected by inflation. They need to adjust the prices of their products so that they can have the purchasing power for other products. For example a mallam that is making one thousand naira as a profit daily before the rise in prices of food stuff will make sure he adjusts the prices of his goods to make more profit to avoid starvation.

Yes. I'm not against those ones.

My problem is with those who will buy from producers at, let's say N120, and sell at N220 in order to get excess profit. Some will even select the substandard products or reduce quantity and sell at higher rates all in the name of recession.
Re: Artificial Inflation Of Prices In Nigeria by goldman777: 1:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
Buhari has failed nigeria again with his ill planned policies he should just go and set nigeria free like yahaya jammeh of gambia in 2019

1 Like

Re: Artificial Inflation Of Prices In Nigeria by Ogbuefi2020: 2:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
ckmayoca:
I wonder why barbers on the street charges 400, 500 when campus barbers charges 150 or eve 100 is some cases. Same with laundry services too.

We flexed muscles cos importation was stopped. Allow importation for just 1 month and you will see price of food falling.
High rent and lack of power supply outside campus
Re: Artificial Inflation Of Prices In Nigeria by KAYD007(m): 3:24pm On Jan 22, 2017
danmasani101:

I ask again.............Cost of cattle, sheep, bags grains (maize, beans, millet, guinea corn etc) has all gone up in the north.
Again what is religion/tribe of most people that engages such businesses??

He has answered you.....even if the cost of cattle, sheep,bags of grains (maize,beans,millet,guinea corn etc? Some of these are also being produce in the south....now compare the prices...and do the math..

You will find very huge disparities occasioned by our huge appetite for greediness!

1 Like

Re: Artificial Inflation Of Prices In Nigeria by KAYD007(m): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
emerged01:

OP quite agree with you in this sense.....but some people in certain region are over a adjusting prices...not as dictated purely by market factors...but by market factors plus greed plus greed and greed....plus jara greed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Pictures Of Diezani's 37 Million Dollars Property Siezed By EFCC / David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement / NIN - A Mistake Was Made In My Gender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.