Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement (4709 Views)

David Lyon Declared Winner Of Bayelsa Governorship Election / Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon / Bayelsa Election: David Lyon Leads Duoye Diri With 434,473 Votes - TVC News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by Udantu: 12:52pm On Feb 14, 2020
APC's David Lyon has reacted to the Thursday, February 13th ruling by the Supreme court annulling his election as the governor-elect of Bayelsa state and instatement of PDP's Duoye Diri as the new governor-elect of the state.

Addressing a press conference in the state this morning, Lyon described the judgement as a ''procured judgement''. He urged his supporters to remain calm.

Represented by the member representing Southern Ijaw federal constituency, Preye Oseke, the sacked APC governor-elect said:

“We are in shock. We as a party and as people of Bayelsa are rejecting the judgement completely. It is a procured judgement. While we have our respect for the revered justices, we believe that this is not the wish of Bayelsans. Again, we are calling on the Independent National Electoral Commission not to issue a certificate of return to the candidate of the PDP because he was unable to score the required 25 per cent in two-thirds of the local government areas.

As a party, we are law-abiding, our properties have been destroyed even in the midst of the judgement that came this morning. We are calling on all our supporters to remain calm while our leaders and stakeholders meet and come up with the next line of action. We believe the right thing will be done. The rule of law will be upheld.” he said

http://community.thenationonlineng.net/forum/david-lyon-reacts-to-supreme-court-s-judgement

1 Like

Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by helinues: 12:53pm On Feb 14, 2020
Too poor..

Lyon enter same bus with a K leg man..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by Citytrend: 12:54pm On Feb 14, 2020
Unless country
Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by deboysben(m): 12:56pm On Feb 14, 2020
LMAO

Lyon should go and hold biobarakuma responsible for his downfall.
And also he should stop crying...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by Airforce1(m): 12:56pm On Feb 14, 2020
Sorry for your loss man

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by festacman(m): 12:58pm On Feb 14, 2020
A good reaction by APC candidate except the part that says the judgment was procured.

I think the assertion that the CONSTITUTIONAL geographical spread requirement remain unmet by PDP candidate can be pursued through the court for interpretation. Unless a prayer is sought from court, it cannot be considered let alone be granted. The court is not Santa Claus that goes about giving gifts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by OzilBaba50: 1:00pm On Feb 14, 2020
Lyon it's too late to say sarri

garfield1 Clerverly say hello to mr cofnor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by garfield1: 1:07pm On Feb 14, 2020
Udantu:
APC's David Lyon has reacted to the Thursday, February 13th ruling by the Supreme court annulling his election as the governor-elect of Bayelsa state and instatement of PDP's Duoye Diri as the new governor-elect of the state.

Addressing a press conference in the state this morning, Lyon described the judgement as a ''procured judgement''. He urged his supporters to remain calm.

Represented by the member representing Southern Ijaw federal constituency, Preye Oseke, the sacked APC governor-elect said:

“We are in shock. We as a party and as people of Bayelsa are rejecting the judgement completely. It is a procured judgement. While we have our respect for the revered justices, we believe that this is not the wish of Bayelsans. Again, we are calling on the Independent National Electoral Commission not to issue a certificate of return to the candidate of the PDP because he was unable to score the required 25 per cent in two-thirds of the local government areas.

As a party, we are law-abiding, our properties have been destroyed even in the midst of the judgement that came this morning. We are calling on all our supporters to remain calm while our leaders and stakeholders meet and come up with the next line of action. We believe the right thing will be done. The rule of law will be upheld.” he said

http://community.thenationonlineng.net/forum/david-lyon-reacts-to-supreme-court-s-judgement
I completely align with this views.i am more pained than you sir lyon.in my eyes,you remain the governor of bayelsa
Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by garfield1: 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2020
festacman:
A good reaction by APC candidate except the part that says the judgment was procured.

I think the assertion that the constitutional geographical spread requirement remain unmet by PDP candidate can be pursued through the court for interpretation. Unless a prayer is sought from court, it cannot be considered let alone be granted. The court is not Santa Claus that goes about giving gifts.
Yes
Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by OzilBaba50: 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2020
garfield1:

I completely align with this views.i am more pained than you sir lyon.in my eyes,you remain the governor of bayelsa
thank God your eyes no be Bayelsa government house
you go dey alright las las

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by Racoon(m): 1:09pm On Feb 14, 2020
So much that this is a sad development, it should give the nation esp.the NASS an opportunity to embark on thorough electoral reform in the impending constitutional review.Supreme court is not supposed to do INEC work hence disenfranchised the electorate.

1 Like

Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by seunmsg(m): 1:11pm On Feb 14, 2020
APC should assemble a team of good lawyers and head to the Supreme Court to get the judgement reviewed. APC must never accept the judgement in any good faith. The party must do everything legally possible to get the judgement reversed.
Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 14, 2020
Deputy Degi right now...

1 Like

Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by Goldencheese(m): 2:00pm On Feb 14, 2020
Na wa o. Na so life be? Lyon, sorry o. Blame your deputy.
Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by Emeks008(m): 2:01pm On Feb 14, 2020
Omo na wa ooo. As at this time yesterday, Lyon dey rehearse how to wave to his people but today. ......... hmmmm.

Call me if you need a resource Man for your yoghurt/flavored drinks production factory.

I will Formulate a good yoghurt/Flavored drink recipe that will be acceptable anywhere anytime.

You can also reach me if you want to upgrade your yoghurt/ flavored drinks taste to premium

Call : 09034761028
Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by bluebay(m): 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2020
garfield1:

Then better Hang his picture in your office and meet him for contracts Okay?

2 Likes

Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by punisha: 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2020
Well of it wasn't for Nnamdi kanu it won't have happened just like this...he sent the commando unit that took out the other guy.
Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by Racoon(m): 2:44pm On Feb 14, 2020
seunmsg:
APC should assemble a team of good lawyers & head to the Supreme Court to get the judgement reviewed.APC must never accept the judgement in any good faith.The party must do everything legally possible to get the judgement reversed.
On what basis bro? Guess you fully know the legal implication of presenting false certificate/identity? Or it's because Mr.President did his & got away with it?
The deputy governorship candidate of APC in Bayelsa has no certificate but because he was brought by Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, anything goes.
https://www.independent.ng/apc-lost-bayelsa-due-to-oshiomholes-recklessness-idahosa/

Why are you not calling out the defaulting dep.govt or APC party leadership for knowing of this criminality but defiantly choose to field him? Osun/Imo cases were clear injustice but your lots hailed it on.Abeg expunge this hypocrisy & be objective for once.

2 Likes

Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by AstralBody: 2:50pm On Feb 14, 2020
seunmsg:
APC should assemble a team of good lawyers and head to the Supreme Court to get the judgement reviewed. APC must never accept the judgement in any good faith. The party must do everything legally possible to get the judgement reversed.
Zombie,u still dey cry? U go dey alright laslas gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:54pm On Feb 14, 2020
seunmsg:
Starting with IMO first
Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2020
Seriously, all the zombies wailing above need to chill.
You cannot be a zombie and a wailer. You have to choose one.
Ahn ahn.... Since yesterday person no hear word again.
Oga Lyon If you want the CoR coman take o.... grin grin
Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by poiZon: 3:13pm On Feb 14, 2020
OzilBaba50:
thank God your eyes no be Bayelsa government house
you go dey alright las las
Bros he said in his eyes.
Pls dont object his views n eye service
Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by poiZon: 3:15pm On Feb 14, 2020
seunmsg:
If this isnt wailing then i dont knw something again.
Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by JubrinElSudan: 3:25pm On Feb 14, 2020
Has the certificate forger of a Deputy governor reacted yet? Police ought to arrest him, it's even a shame that he is/was a Senator.
Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by deboysben(m): 3:26pm On Feb 14, 2020
garfield1:

doing politics as if your life depends on it.

Be guided Maka HBP

1 Like

Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by AroleOduduwa2: 3:40pm On Feb 14, 2020
David Lyon the man that saw the promise land, but didn’t get to set his foot on it, pele. The gods doesn’t want your blood sucking party in their land.
Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by realstars: 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2020
Sorry Mr Lyon, the hand of God and the heart of men has departed from you since yestiday,
your interview in radio akwaibom this morning was full of violence and hearted, full of pains, you can't get the power by flowdulence manner, now you can take your rest.
Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by seunmsg(m): 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2020
Racoon:

On what basis bro? Guess you fully know the legal implication of presenting false certificate/identity? Or it's because Mr.President did his & got away with it? https://www.independent.ng/apc-lost-bayelsa-due-to-oshiomholes-recklessness-idahosa/

Why are you not calling out the defaulting dep.govt or APC party leadership for knowing of this criminality but defiantly choose to field him? Osun/Imo cases were clear injustice but your lots hailed it on.Abeg expunge this hypocrisy & be objective for once.

Nobody has been able to prove conclusively that he forged the certificates. That the names are conflicting is not enough proof that he is not the one that owns all the certificate.
Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2020
Nonsesne talk

You not destined to be governor so stop spewing thrash
Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by Racoon(m): 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2020
seunmsg:
Nobody has been able to prove conclusively that he forged the certificates.That the names are conflicting is not enough proof that he is not the one that owns all the certificate.
Abeg let the foolish man go answer for himself in a law court.Of course the relevant security agencies should have done the needful now.
Re: David Lyon Reacts To Supreme Court's Judgement by Babacele: 5:42pm On Feb 14, 2020
seunmsg:

Nobody has been able to prove conclusively that he forged the certificates. That the names are conflicting is not enough proof that he is not the one that owns all the certificate.
the courts ain't father Xmas and if you have 2 or more names on different without a sworn affidavit to reconcile them, it is assumed to be different persons before the law....unless there is a lacuna that the party can take advantage of to remove PDP, Diri is here for the next 4 years. It is a bitter lesson and yours truly know I don't like PDP.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Disturbing Video Of Agberos Forcing People To Campaign For Tinubu / Video Of Thug In Ago Palace Terrorising People Before He Was Killed / Tinubu Appoints 25-year-old Kashim Imam As FERMA Board Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.