Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? (3910 Views)

FFK: "Why Ibe Kachikwu Has Not Seen Buhari. PMB Sees All Southerners As Slaves" / North Cautions Yoruba, Southerners On Clamour For 1963 Constitution / Return Home Now, Afenifere Tells Southerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Unimaginable123: 9:31pm On Jan 21, 2017
Op, una no dey tire?
Are there no ethnic igbos in delta, edo, rivers, cross river and akwa ibom?

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by LecciGucci: 9:36pm On Jan 21, 2017
updatechange:
No dispute that Igbos are your brothers just like every other people from other parts of the country, and i also respect the fact that you re from River state but the question here is ARE U AN IGBO MAN? undecided

What im trying to tell u is... nobody forced me.
I know d truth and i decided to follow the truth.

If u are really from rivers or from south south..
The last election is should open ur eyes to tell u who ur real brothers are..thats even one reason out of 100+
Contrary to what dey they media made us bliv igbos are....

I hav lived in Southwest for over 8years and my experience hav tought me so many things.
U will not know the truth if u hav not stayed in the 3 major tribes of Nigeria.

A lot of things in my mind to say but leme just stop here.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by zendy: 9:39pm On Jan 21, 2017
updatechange:
The president also must have been infected with the Igbosyndrome that made him think SS are Igbo. The point here is SS being Ijaw, ikwerre, Ogbia, Kalabari people, Ibani of Opobo, Bonny, Okrika, Andoni clans and so on... are different from the SE Enugu, Onitsha, Owerri, Awka, Abakiliki. Dialects, cultures, traditions and religion can acquaint with the differeces.

Hmmmm......... The Igalas of Anambra and the Idoma of Enugu state, are they also included in your so called 'SE Igbos'? There is no SE or SS, neither SE or SS is im the costitution of the federal Republic of Nigeria. What is important are tribes. Dont speak for anyone outside your tribe

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Corrinthians(m): 9:50pm On Jan 21, 2017
LecciGucci:
I am from rivers state and ibos are my brothers.
U can speak for urself and not for others.
Ataché by force ipob yoot spoted. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 21, 2017
xmich:

Rubbish, so if you are asked to provide prove that we don't love our Igbo brothers or want Biafra you go and get this.

Yoruba man create anti-Igbo thread Yoruba man pRovide am as prove ok, You people should continue.

Anyway I will like to remind you that AWO Pill is very cheap, you can buy one one get one free

the person u quoted is the OP and he is from S/W

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Yyeske(m): 9:55pm On Jan 21, 2017
updatechange:
This is an observation that raised a question and not a subjugation on how anyone needed to get their ass kicked.
Good, provide us the Obigbo, Etche, Asaba etc dialects construction then compare to those of Owerri, Abakaliki, Abiriba, Nsukka etc then explain why I understand the Rivers and Delta dialects more than the rest.

I guess the latter are no longer Igbos

I still understand the Ikwerre dialect better than that of Owerri even if I've only visited both places

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by googlepikins: 9:59pm On Jan 21, 2017
updatechange:
I have read so many threads, posts and comments on the Igbos trying to correlate themselves with the likes of Port Harcort, Deltans and other SS states. These brought me to wonder why Igbos kept downgrading their selves because of reasons i dont understand, Igbo people are industrious and hard working people and nevertheless the only of such in Nigeria but to some extent Igbos have gone far and wide in making them selves a tribe to reckon with.
But in the light of this, it is evident that the Igbos are gradually making their selves a laffing stock in the face of other tribes in Nigeria by forcefully trying to woo their Niger deltans counterparts in their quest to achieve their sovereign state of Biafra and other quests. I had seen a lot of igbo speaking Deltans that often tells me they are not Igbo and hence refused to be regarded as one and yet you will always hear the Igbo man telling you that they are all Indigbo just the way they are doing in PH (NA OUR BRODA!!!).
This is so erroneous and its peculiar to the igbos, cos have never witnessed such thing in the Yoruba land, take Kwara state for example, i know u know the story but today they are more or less Fulani and the Yorubas haven't come out to forcefully claim it back, another typical example is of Delta state formerly under western Nigeria, today we still have yoruba speaking communities just like the igbos in delta state even the prince of Olu of warri bears a native Yoruba name and so many others too, but yet no yoruba man will tell you they are the same or must be the same.

MY advice to my good igbo brothers and sisters, pls stop forcing yourselves or others to align with you no matter what as it is more of demoting urselfs rather than promoting urself as one of the 3 major tribes in the country, because these other tribes also have their own culture, language and tradition which is more or less diff from yours.
am from Rivers Etche, let me start by telling you we have 99.9% everything in common. Be it tradition,

culture,

religion,

way of expressing ourselves.

Apart from asari dokubo tell me another SS and SE person that is Moslem. Goodluck Jonathan is from SS OK, let's agree that he did not do anything for the igbos, but they fought for him like a brother will do for a fellow brother. So where do you people (Yorubas) stand.? With Fulanis? I wish you people Goodluck with them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Kemperor: 10:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
In d beginning...dey were one!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by nengibo: 10:41pm On Jan 21, 2017
Yyeske:
Good, provide us the Obigbo, Etche, Asaba etc dialects construction then compare to those of Owerri, Abakaliki, Abiriba, Nsukka etc then explain why I understand the Rivers and Delta dialects more than the rest.

I guess the latter are no longer Igbos

I still understand the Ikwerre dialect better than that of Owerri even if I've only visited both places
You understand ikwerre language better than owerri? Very funny, wer exactly are u from
Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by nengibo: 10:43pm On Jan 21, 2017
googlepikins:
am from Rivers Etche, let me start by telling you we have 99.9% everything in common. Be it tradition,

culture,

religion,

Apart from asari dokubo tell me another SS and SE person that is Moslem. Goodluck Jonathan is from SS OK, let's agree that he did not do anything for the igbos, but they fought for him like a brother will do for a fellow brother. So where do you people (Yorubas) stand.? With Fulanis? I wish you people Goodluck with them.
Why not 100%

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by updatechange(m): 10:49pm On Jan 21, 2017
Okay, well this is not about tribashing or subjugation am not from d east and neither from d south but the West....
Lets forget all dis political politics cos it has done us more harm than good as far as im concern. The thing is i'm not against any tribe supporting one another most especially when they av proximity within them...
We all have our likes and dislikes, u might be an ibo man but loves yoruba more dan Ijaw *just saying*
For instance am a full blooded Yoruba man married to a typical Igbo woman from Anambra and we live happily even when she troubleshoot my life, i still maintain the relationship cos its me who started it nobody told me to. So we just need to start learning how to tolerate ourselves hence this tribal hatred will never stop!

LecciGucci:

What im trying to tell u is... nobody forced me.
I know d truth and i decided to follow the truth.

If u are really from rivers or from south south..
The last election is should open ur eyes to tell u who ur real brothers are..thats even one reason out of 100+
Contrary to what dey they media made us bliv igbos are....

I hav lived in Southwest for over 8years and my experience hav tought me so many things.
U will not know the truth if u hav not stayed in the 3 major tribes of Nigeria.

A lot of things in my mind to say but leme just stop here.
Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 21, 2017
updatechange:
I repeat INDI-ARAAA!!!........... this time *in Phyno's voice*
Unugo...? EWU!

Obun, Didirin, Oponu!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by googlepikins: 10:52pm On Jan 21, 2017
nengibo:

Why not 100%
it can be 100% , why not

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by arantess: 10:55pm On Jan 21, 2017
dragonking3:

Why does the yorubas like aligning themselves with the hausas /fulanis? That's the answer
two words....master-slave

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Nowenuse: 11:02pm On Jan 21, 2017
Igbos and most SS people are very much alike or similar in culture, religion, origin, way of life, e.t.c. Even the average yoruba or Hausa man can hardly differentiate Igbos and South-southernerns. Hausas call all of them 'Inyamiri' (igbos), yorubas call all of them 'Omo igbo'.

Differentiating Igbos and South-south is just like trying to differentiate Hausas from Fulanis, Shuwa arabs, Kanuris, Bauchis, Nupes e.t.c

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by updatechange(m): 11:03pm On Jan 21, 2017
Yoruba is a 1 nation under God. The Ooduas never allow anyone to align their selves forcefully or playfully.
It seems you are still pained by the exit of your broda GEj and annoyed with the architects of his unseat,
Do not allow ur brains to be beclouded by the politics of this politician so that it wont affect your sense of reasoning.

googlepikins:

culture,

religion,

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by nengibo: 11:05pm On Jan 21, 2017
googlepikins:
it can be 100% , why not
So what u are saying is dat an Etche person can't be distinguished from an Igbo person, through language, dialect , physique
Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by updatechange(m): 11:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
You av allowed sentiments and tribal hatred to affect ur sense of reasoning and hence beclouded your eyes. where did u see in the thread that im claiming to be an Igbo man Smh for u liars. Lying ass old gay who dosent read b4 jumping into commenting.
Incase u never know m from SW. So get that fact right at the back of your putrid skull.

OoniOfIfe:
Yoruba writeup

Why do some people call themselves Delta Igbo and there is nothing like Delter yoruba?

Get this into your afonjic skull because I know you're not from South East, the Igbo people in South East don't share the same culture, tradition/language as you said, every clan gave their own but they are all Igbo because we agreed to be called Ndi Igbo

The OP is claiming to come from the East but this screen-shot shows he is an impostor, a real Ewedu amala eater from yoruba land
Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by OILSOUP: 11:32pm On Jan 21, 2017
OP BEFORE NA AFONJA WE GO ALLY WITH?

TO UR TENT O ISREAL.

SS/SE ALL THE WAY.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by LecciGucci: 12:49am On Jan 22, 2017
Corrinthians:
Ataché by force ipob yoot spoted. cheesy

Typical YORUBA MUSLIM.. i can feel ur pain!. grin

Im from rivers ibos are my brothers... i owe u no proof... bliv it or not.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by LecciGucci: 12:55am On Jan 22, 2017
updatechange:
Okay, well this is not about tribashing or subjugation am not from d east and neither from d south but the West....
Lets forget all dis political politics cos it has done us more harm than good as far as im concern. The thing is i'm not against any tribe supporting one another most especially when they av proximity within them...
We all have our likes and dislikes, u might be an ibo man but loves yoruba more dan Ijaw *just saying*
For instance am a full blooded Yoruba man married to a typical Igbo woman from Anambra and we live happily even when she troubleshoot my life, i still maintain the relationship cos its me who started it nobody told me to. So we just need to start learning how to tolerate ourselves hence this tribal hatred will never stop!

But ur topic contradicts wat u said here..
U just opened a topic to cause tribal war bcoz u know dats what this type of topic will lead to now i are trying to deviate.

The truth is after spending some years in yoruba land and experience hoq u threat peopel who ar not one of u.. i came to realize ibos are my real brother.
I dnt want to mention things i went through in d hands of yorubas here...
Coz its gona be a long story.
So let it be.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Nobody: 3:31am On Jan 22, 2017
Do you want them to align with Afonja?
updatechange:
I have read so many threads, posts and comments on the Igbos trying to correlate themselves with the likes of Port Harcort, Deltans and other SS states. These brought me to wonder why Igbos kept downgrading their selves because of reasons i dont understand, Igbo people are industrious and hard working people and nevertheless the only of such in Nigeria but to some extent Igbos have gone far and wide in making them selves a tribe to reckon with.
But in the light of this, it is evident that the Igbos are gradually making their selves a laffing stock in the face of other tribes in Nigeria by forcefully trying to woo their Niger deltans counterparts in their quest to achieve their sovereign state of Biafra and other quests. I had seen a lot of igbo speaking Deltans that often tells me they are not Igbo and hence refused to be regarded as one and yet you will always hear the Igbo man telling you that they are all Indigbo just the way they are doing in PH (NA OUR BRODA!!!).
This is so erroneous and its peculiar to the igbos, cos have never witnessed such thing in the Yoruba land, take Kwara state for example, i know u know the story but today they are more or less Fulani and the Yorubas haven't come out to forcefully claim it back, another typical example is of Delta state formerly under western Nigeria, today we still have yoruba speaking communities just like the igbos in delta state even the prince of Olu of warri bears a native Yoruba name and so many others too, but yet no yoruba man will tell you they are the same or must be the same.

MY advice to my good igbo brothers and sisters, pls stop forcing yourselves or others to align with you no matter what as it is more of demoting urselfs rather than promoting urself as one of the 3 major tribes in the country, because these other tribes also have their own culture, language and tradition which is more or less diff from yours.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Corrinthians(m): 5:47am On Jan 22, 2017
LecciGucci:

Typical YORUBA MUSLIM.. i can feel ur pain!. grin

Im from rivers ibos are my brothers... i owe u no proof... bliv it or not.
Typical Ebonyi ibo yoot. For once be proud of your identity. grin

Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 22, 2017
Op they just can't survive without us, that's why they keep on attaching by force.
Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by cheruv: 7:40am On Jan 22, 2017
LecciGucci:

U just opened a topic to cause tribal war bcoz u know dats what this type of topic will lead to now i are trying to deviate.

The truth is after spending some years in yoruba land and experience hoq u threat peopel who ar not one of u.. i came to realize ibos are my real brother.
So let it be.
Biko recount them so that some other people like me can learn...what and what did you go through in the hands of these akawo people?
Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by cheruv: 7:42am On Jan 22, 2017
Ekinematics:
Op they just can't survive without us, that's why they keep on attaching by force.
Nope...they care about SS Igbos only smiley
No one gives a damn about a rukwo like you undecided
Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by juman(m): 8:26am On Jan 22, 2017
Yeah, the way they handle it is not proper.
Of course the country is not good and their agitation for self determination is understood, but forcing themselves on their neighbors is laughable.

I think they try to pursue the size of biafra ojukwu pursued.
Even that time many SS people were not with ojukwu on biafra.
Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by chubbyswit(m): 8:34am On Jan 22, 2017
LecciGucci:

So let it be.
please do. You can create a thread for it, so people can learn and become wiser. Please mention me if you do, thanks.
Re: Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? by iSlayer: 8:34am On Jan 22, 2017
[s]
updatechange:
The president also must have been infected with the Igbosyndrome that made him think SS are Igbo. The point here is SS being Ijaw, ikwerre, Ogbia, Kalabari people, Ibani of Opobo, Bonny, Okrika, Andoni clans and so on... are different from the SE Enugu, Onitsha, Owerri, Awka, Abakiliki. Dialects, cultures, traditions and religion can acquaint with the differeces.

[/s]

Oh shut up already. If you're asked to explain how they're different you'll fail woefully so shut up and go and learn.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo, Standing Before The Senate For Confirmation, The Most Impressive / Covid-19: Nnamdi Kanu Releases 300m / Peter Obi Is Unfit For Any Elective Position In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.