Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only (51826 Views)

Madonna University Bans Tablets / Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) / I Need Help With My Direct Entry At Umar Musa Yaradua University, Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:57am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:
Does covenant,redeemers university etc allow muslim gathering

U just want to make trouble where nd when there is none.

I passs

Was Covenant university built with government money?

Are you just ignorant or pretending to be?

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 9:57am On Jan 22, 2017
lukency:
Gather your fact b4 comenting pls.Umar musa university is not a federal institution.

Bottom line : it is a government owned uni not private.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Babamama: 9:57am On Jan 22, 2017
This is wickedness from the school authority; that school needs to be shut down,
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by betterABIAstate: 9:57am On Jan 22, 2017
lukency:
Gather your fact b4 comenting pls.Umar musa university is not a federal institution.
even at that, is just like asking abia state university to ban Muslim organization, it doesn't sound right. After all, Muslim religion harbour terrotists and not Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by mvem(m): 9:58am On Jan 22, 2017
Asiwaju9ja:

It is a Katsina State Problem. If it is not a problem to them and they accept it, Why take Panadol for another person Headache?
...thats a wrong mentality...so if katsina gov wakeup one day as says no church in katsina u will still say its a katsina state problem....You fail to know that even the most core-northern states have large christain population and kastina is no exception and i mean indigeneous population....so they cant be free in there state school....

5 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Imyourex(m): 9:58am On Jan 22, 2017
Shafiiimran99:

because we are the rejected stone...Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: "'The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes'?

Thank God you know Jesus, you will believe in him one day, and he shall set you free

4 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by klbakare(m): 9:58am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs

You are fool and a very stupid individual to have said this. Are those schools government owned? May your hate destroy you! Amen!

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Spidermon: 9:59am On Jan 22, 2017
The way Nigeria is going, I just want to hustle enough cash to be able to ship out comfortably and perharps buy citizenship of another country like St kitts and Nevis.

Nigeria don cast.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by melejo(m): 9:59am On Jan 22, 2017
mvem:
They never banned christain gathering or churches...from the memo they said only the muslim association is allowed but the topic does not reflect that....Am not supporting what it says but try not to misinform people...i see no ban of worship from the memo only ban of religious association...
Your problem is not difficult to decode, you lack basic approach to understanding

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by just2endowed: 10:00am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs

U are a clown. Its a federal government property not private.

Solution: students should seek court solution and write letter to the ministry of education

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Asiwaju9ja(m): 10:00am On Jan 22, 2017
mvem:
...thats a wrong mentality...so if katsina gov wakeup one day as says no church in katsina u will still say its a katsina state problem....You fail to know that even the most core-northern states have large christain population and kastina is no exception and i mean indigeneous population....so they cant be free in there state school....

I reiterate it is a Katsina Problem. There is No Church in Mecca, yet there is a Church in Rome. If they say no Church? then No church. Then if you like say no mosque in our Southern States. Like I said again it is a matter of choice.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by neonly: 10:01am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs

Ode dat a private university own by Christian
Goat
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jhidey08(m): 10:01am On Jan 22, 2017
mvem:
....Is a lie and a very big one...state and federal constitution are not different...Nigeria been secular is reflected in all states wether sokoto, gombe or Abia.....this is no church or muslim institution.It is a gov institution....This is no saudi or sudan
grin do u know there is provision for the enforcement of Sharia law in those states? We're too hypocrytical in this country. Carry your bottle of gulder or ask your babe to dress anyhow in Kano and tell them you're a Nigerian, hence, you can wear whatever you deem okay anywhere. grin

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by just2endowed: 10:01am On Jan 22, 2017
Even in nairaland, the admin and owner promote it.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 10:01am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
now you're shifting from "it's a Fed Uni to a Gov Uni now ba", since it's a state owned Uni i don't think there should be any problems with whatever they want.

And where do the states draw their funds from? That monthly allocation to states is from where? Are there no Christians in that state? Has the constitution designated any state in Nigeria as bound by any one religion?

You don't there should be any problem? How about if they also ban churches and all non muslim organisations state-wide, u feel there's no problem right? Please be objective! It will not kill u to admit the truth once in a while no matter ur political and religious leaning.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by ikemesit4477: 10:02am On Jan 22, 2017
Built2last:
Why will a University in a secular state ban freedom of Religion in school and publish their bias for all to see.

I make bold to ask, Is Nigeria an Islamic State?

Before you answer? Note. Every Federal government agency in Abuja has an original in-built mosque from inception. Name them-CBN, SEC, FIRS, University of Abuja, PTDF, FCDA, Federal Secretariat etc.

Aso Rock villa was modelled After Moroccan kings palace. With 3 standard mosques.

OBJ built a chapel in 2004 and All hell was almost let loose.

Now a FEDERAL university built with Tax payers money issues a memo making it obvious
I rather die than to be a Muslim, after they will claim they are religion of peace!

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by melejo(m): 10:02am On Jan 22, 2017
lukency:
Do you have muslim associations in madona university,redeemers university,land mark university,convenant university and host of other christian owned universities.Some will not even give admision to muslims
Is the school in question a Muslim school?

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Shafiiimran99: 10:03am On Jan 22, 2017
0gbeni:

Do u have proof of what you just posted ? if not ,shut up and focus on the topic

there's so much madness in Nigeria
What about ur colonial masters did they not deny Muslims their right in the name of Christianity
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by SIRmanjar(m): 10:03am On Jan 22, 2017
Asiwaju9ja:

Why una dey like Formenting trouble like this? As if when d Gbege start now una go dey there? Anyways here is my take again from my previous Post.

"Exactly My Questions, If it is a FEDERAL Government University that is being funded by our Collective Tax Payers Money, So That we can take it to the NUC, NA if it is Constitutional? Then we know what to do in our Southern Universities. But if, it is a Privately owned Muslim or Islamic University you do not have a say as it is the same thing with Covenant University and other Privately owned Christian Universities"
Must u talk like a balless coward bfore u make ur point..If dem call us coward or slave now we go dey vex.

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by mvem(m): 10:03am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
baba, I'm not trying to justifu their action o. But i think they have the jurisdiction to inculcate Sharia law into the governance of the school if they deem it fit. I think Kwara State University allow their Indigenes to pay lesser school fees compared to non-indigenes, this in my opinion falls under the same category with banning of any Christian Activities around the school. My submission
....they have indigenous christains in all core northern states...I live in the core north and sharia law is hardly practised and very optional and is not inforced on non-muslim......katsina do have a large christain population that are indigenous, so i see no reason how u can inforce that on the christain population....To do that they should just name the school an islamic institution so that all doubts will be cleared

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by kbanty22(m): 10:03am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
those are private universities not federal. A federal university should be secular
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by emaoke7: 10:04am On Jan 22, 2017
May God punish those behind this. No agenda to Islamize Nigeria shall stand in Jesus name. May God forbid evil religion in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 22, 2017
sekundosekundo:
I only pity those that are insulting Igbos, there's nothing like one Nigeria.
Ipob should 1st ask their govs,senators n reps 2request for a referrendum before calling for war
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jhidey08(m): 10:05am On Jan 22, 2017
Asiwaju9ja:

Are the non-indigenes not NIGERIANS?
exactly what I'm saying, why didn't they say because they're Nigerians they should the same fees with Indigenes. The State Universities choses whatever comforms with their law, as long as it's in the confinement of their laws (Sharia and our Constitution)
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 10:05am On Jan 22, 2017
lukency:
Do you have muslim associations in madona university,redeemers university,land mark university,convenant university and host of other christian owned universities.Some will not even give admision to muslims

Those are private universities not government/public universities like tye one in question. How can u compare both?
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Odkosh: 10:05am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
are you stupid or your just a brainwashed muhamed zombie? Are those schools looks like federal schools? Do they look like muslim schools. Why don't UI, FUTA, OAU, FUTO, UNIPORT and other federal schools in south ban muslim association. Does al hikman university allowed christian association. You must be very stupid for not using ur tiny brain. undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Shafiiimran99: 10:06am On Jan 22, 2017
Imyourex:

Thank God you know Jesus, you will believe in him one day, and he shall set you free
I believe him more than u do only if u ndastand what I meant
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Osu175(m): 10:06am On Jan 22, 2017
Asiwaju9ja:

I Understand what you are saying, But remember you have a choice? If they try to impose their way of Life on US in our PLACE. Then we have a problem. I can't Come to your House and wear my Shoes into your Sitting Room, when your Rule is no shoes in the sitting Room.
Thats still what am saying you wont understand.

they are already in the south like fulani herds men. Just watch in 10 year to come and see what dimension these fulani men ll take if we dont stop this.
I pity Christians if buhari go for a second term.
I spent more than 25 years in zaria and av seem all this coming since 2007. Where a preacher will tell is followers openly that anyone who vote GEJ has sin against allah, so it does not suprise me.

What kills me is when i read comments here and nobody take things like this serious

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by emeka2847: 10:06am On Jan 22, 2017
Is this a ban on Christians? Do you realise that there are many other Muslim groups part from MSS?

Op, you're ignorant

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by obyrich(m): 10:07am On Jan 22, 2017
kennybabs1980:
That university is owned by Katsina State Government
I know. I am very sure there are Christians who are indigenes of Kastina State. This is a gross violation of their right to freedom of worship and should be taken up by rights groups until it is reversed. Islamic State of Katsina loading...
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by wa5lly: 10:07am On Jan 22, 2017
I wonder if Nigerian Muslims are strangers in their father's land. If anything happens to Muslims in this country, nothing happened but if it affects Nigerian Christians the whole Nation would be set ablaze. The Nigerian Christians should learn how to live and cohabit peacefully with their Muslim counterparts. Muslims are denied so many opportunities in our tertiary institutions yet we kept mute so that the peaceful atmoshphere would not be distorted. As long as I would not subscribed to denying the christians their rights which I considered injustice if that happens the same is equally applied to Muslims. God does not make mistake to put us under one roof.

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 22, 2017
sekundosekundo:
I only pity those that are insulting Igbos, there's nothing like one Nigeria.
Ipob should 1st ask their govs,senators n reps 2request for a referrendum before calling for war
No one except muslims would love fulani/hausa oligarchy n d corruption they enjoy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

19 Everyday Things We Never Knew Had A Name / 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) / UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 243
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.