Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours (34207 Views)

"If You Both Make The Money & He Decides How It's Spent, You're A Doormat"- Lady / What Is The Most Annoying Punishment A Man Thinks He Can Give His Wife? / My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by nwabobo: 3:43am On Jan 29, 2017
sisisioge:

See question! You should ask where it's a rule for a man to pay the children's school fees, house rent, food and supplies , etc. Abi you heard from our papas and their papas before them say Na women dey pay am?

I live in a 'civilised' world and it's a joint effort.

In the days of our grand father's where the man was sole provider, the women were stay at home mum's and never worked nor earned income.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by dingbang(m): 5:11am On Jan 29, 2017
airminem:

I think it should be OUR money regardless if both parties are working or not. I totally understand where you're coming from and am also looking to the answers people respond with.
the worst parr is that u are still arguing its ur money.. Continue

1 Like

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by dingbang(m): 5:13am On Jan 29, 2017
airminem:

Sometimes Men Just Don't Get The Fact We Are Workin At Home... We Just Don't Get A Paycheck For It, Okay.
u call taking care of ur own children "work"... Look nobody will pity u in this thread trust me...

1 Like

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by repogirl(f): 5:19am On Jan 29, 2017
airminem:

Sometimes Men Just Don't Get The Fact We Are Workin At Home... We Just Don't Get A Paycheck For It, Okay.
I can relate with you OP being a stay at home mom but ive been married for longer than you have.

Yes, his money should be both your money but the reality is he might not see it that way and forcing him to see it from your angle won't help. Just make some of your own money and be claiming this is your money also.

If you say you are not ready to go back to work then you are going to have to live with his bickering for a while. Over a few years he might get to understand that being a stay at home mom is equally a full time job but till then, as long as you have no source of income, this is what you will have to endure.

3 Likes

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by mayoor15(m): 5:38am On Jan 29, 2017
airminem:

Abusive Man. Hmmm
Answer the question now, when you were single and in your papa house, you no dey work and do house duties, why you no ask for paycheck. Now you got married and all of a sudden the things you ought to do for free are things you want pay for... hahaha..... I don't blame the man that is the price of marrying a lazy woman, I don't see a hard working woman that will complain about house duties and sit down at home for months. Get a job and have your own money and contribute to things in the home then you will know how it feels.

1 Like

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by BigIyanga: 5:39am On Jan 29, 2017
airminem:

I think it should be OUR money regardless if both parties are working or not. I totally understand where you're coming from and am also looking to the answers people respond with.
Sounds like you ain't in Naija? Then it would be our money, but in Naija, it's his money and yours is yours when u start making money again.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by 1kinggy(m): 5:39am On Jan 29, 2017
How long do you think it takes to become a liability? Site, go find a work or do some business. Make some money then observe the change.

You'd be happier.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by emi14: 6:18am On Jan 29, 2017
You're lazing around seeking for self-pity. Are you talking of second job or no job at all? My sister is a teacher and a poultry farmer in port Harcourt. My mum retired teacher with a nursery primary. Sit and wait for our money. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Jollymich(m): 6:26am On Jan 29, 2017
I wish my wife is a nairalander
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by uzoexcel(m): 6:45am On Jan 29, 2017
Paperlace for president
PaperLace:
My sister, 1yr and half? it's Buhari's economy.
Everyone is getting worked up, we're not getting value for our money and hardwork.

We should be more bothered 'bout how you can make some money, while still having time for you baby.

Modified: it seems you really want us to blame the man, and we have refused...lols. Okay, his money is una money, but you have a better idea of what he earns_ less the incessant hike in prices of recurrent expenditure from it and you'll understand why he is angry.
Have you bothered to ask what he thinks he should have achieved? Maybe he planned buying a land in 2016, this is 2017, no land-no savings. Men naturally get angry when they are not meeting their target.

I didn't advise you to jump back into teaching because the average teaching jobs doesn't pay that much. It may not give your family's financial condition the required boost. There are so many things you can do from home to earn better than the average teacher. If you really want a career in teaching, you can do certification(s) while at home, that way...you'll be relevant upon your return.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by uzoexcel(m): 6:48am On Jan 29, 2017
I wonder where ur grandfather was from cos in the days of my own grandfather and forefathers...women engaged in selling, trading by barter and all...NOT STQYING AT HOME
nwabobo:

I live in a 'civilised' world and it's a joint effort.

In the days of our grand father's where the man was sole provider, the women were stay at home mum's and never worked nor earned income.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by IMASTEX: 6:50am On Jan 29, 2017
Joavid:

Why are you seeing this from "his money, our money" thing?
its just talk from a tired man.

The issue you should focus on is the family eating deep into his finances and he can barely save.

Have you taken into consideration how much he earns?

Do you know how frustrating it is working and having little to zero savings
Abeg tell them jooo. The only thing most women does is spending. And no questions are asked concerning what sacrfice brought the money in. Thereby leading to spending without priorities.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Ssthorm(f): 6:53am On Jan 29, 2017
U cn imagne...now dese men want a woman to work wia she gets paid?? Stayn @home takin care of a bby is work as wel,its jst an unpaid job. Its d responsibility of d man to take care of d home,wedr she has money or not. U all shudnt make it sound like its an obligatn upon d woman to work fo money wen she has a husbnd. N im nt sayn she shudnt hustle fo money bt idealy...its a mans troble to do dat in d fam. N his money shud b diers....
Dont switch d roles,funy enuf d same men wud begn to rant bout "not being a woman" wen dey r axd to help wt chores @home

1 Like

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 29, 2017
My Man Thinks That "The Money He Earns Is His" And Not Ours
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Rossikki: 7:07am On Jan 29, 2017
OP, why are you crying?

As if you will not be even more wicked to him if it was YOU making the money and he was depending on you. FUC.KING EVIL WOMEN. Abeg go siddon make we hear something...

Look. ANY MAN that finds himself depending on a woman for anything, will know that day the true nature of women. Evil to the core. That is why I don't feel sorry for them when they are in this sort of situation. Those who feel sorry for them are people who are still young and don't know women. Women have no conscience. They are devils. If you don't know, one day you will know.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 29, 2017
airminem:
I am a stay at home mom, for now. I was laid off from a teaching job while pregnant and decided to use this time to care for our 8months son. In the beginning there was never an issue with one persons money being his or hers it was always ours.

Now after a year and a half anything I spend becomes an issue. When we talk about money he talks about working his a.s.s off, having nothing to show for it, because I'm spending HIS money.

Surprisingly, I don't even shop. Every once in a while I may purchase something for the home or something our kid need. I'm almost tempted to go on back to work, but I would like to stay out one more year until our son is of preschool age. I don't know if I will be able to make it that long.

It just seems like when you become a stay at home mom and don't earn an income you become less than, not equal, and nothing is truly yours because you didn't earn it. Just because we are at home doesn't mean we don't work, we just don't get paid for it.

Your story is similar to my aunt's.

I used to live with her and I can say for a fact that her decision to "stay at home and take care of the kids" was because of her laziness.

I only hope that for your husband's and son case,you're nothing like that.

1 Like

Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by ststyreal(f): 7:13am On Jan 29, 2017
peacemara54:
Am in ekiti state but we supply from adamawa from cameroun. check my thread on agriculture, business, family and more. we supply nothing but raw honey directly from the bees we deliver to states in nigeria.. See a lot of nairalander that have ordered. They keep coming because our honey passed the quality test in flying colours,
I think you can check my signature for whatsapp chat. Any information you need pls contact me tru whatsapp or this forum better still. Try to reach me on sun if you have interest buying because we have few jericans left. Original honey is scarce now. we will sell the last honey available to buyers on mon, after, we wont be having honey till march. Contact me 2mrw if you need honey.
So how do you sell it and for how much, am interested. Thanks. Will call you
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Nkepris(f): 7:17am On Jan 29, 2017
Hmmm
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Nkepris(f): 7:19am On Jan 29, 2017
Na wa o
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Prinzofparis: 7:26am On Jan 29, 2017
PaperLace:
My sister, 1yr and half? it's Buhari's economy.
Everyone is getting worked up, we're not getting value for our money and hardwork.

We should be more bothered 'bout how you can make some money, while still having time for you baby.

Modified: it seems you really want us to blame the man, and we have refused...lols. Okay, his money is una money, but you have a better idea of what he earns_ less the incessant hike in prices of recurrent expenditure from it and you'll understand why he is angry.
Have you bothered to ask what he thinks he should have achieved? Maybe he planned buying a land in 2016, this is 2017, no land-no savings. Men naturally get angry when they are not meeting their target.

I didn't advise you to jump back into teaching because the average teaching jobs doesn't pay that much. It may not give your family's financial condition the required boost. There are so many things you can do from home to earn better than the average teacher. If you really want a career in teaching, you can do certification(s) while at home, that way...you'll be relevant upon your return.

rare gem, with this post, I can say you are one very smart rational Lady. #nice.... spoke my mind
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by Faslite(m): 7:32am On Jan 29, 2017
I tink all these as a result of d bad leadership n d economy recession, things are very hard now so everyone are frustrating wt d hardship

since u've been supporting b4 u stop working definitely he will feel it somehow hard now d best tink u can do is to resume back to work dts d best solution everyman want to be giving money.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by boiz2men(m): 8:58am On Jan 29, 2017
pcguru1:

There's this stuff called Prepclass where you can create course material and people can pay to subscribe for it. You can look it up. If I have more information I will share. I think your husband is just getting cranky about work and the economy.

Bros enlighten me about prepclss

I have been having the idea

Didn't know there was a name for it
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by YourWife(f): 9:07am On Jan 29, 2017
airminem:

How much does it cost to employ a house help that would do all those work u do at home? 20k? 30k??
Well... How much would u earn monthly if u were to go get a job? Do your calculations and come to a conclussion. Don't go looking for money in ur husband's pocket, it doesn't make d family any better. Source for d money from another persons pocket, and ur family has an extra income, no matter how little d money might be.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by airminem(f): 9:07am On Jan 29, 2017
mayoor15:
Answer the question now, when you were single and in your papa house, you no dey work and do house duties, why you no ask for paycheck. Now you got married and all of a sudden the things you ought to do for free are things you want pay for... hahaha..... I don't blame the man that is the price of marrying a lazy woman, I don't see a hard working woman that will complain about house duties and sit down at home for months. Get a job and have your own money and contribute to things in the home then you will know how it feels.

Are You Married?
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by airminem(f): 9:09am On Jan 29, 2017
dingbang:
u call taking care of ur own children "work"... Look nobody will pity u in this thread trust me...

Sentiments Are Fine.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by airminem(f): 9:13am On Jan 29, 2017
dingbang:
the worst parr is that u are still arguing its ur money.. Continue

Because You Are Not Seeing The Point Of View I Am Coming Okay.
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by airminem(f): 9:15am On Jan 29, 2017
1kinggy:
How long do you think it takes to become a liability? Site, go find a work or do some business. Make some money then observe the change.

You'd be happier.

Thanks For The Opinion.
I Guess You Are Honest
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by airminem(f): 9:19am On Jan 29, 2017
Ssthorm:
U cn imagne...now dese men want a woman to work wia she gets paid?? Stayn @home takin care of a bby is work as wel,its jst an unpaid job. Its d responsibility of d man to take care of d home,wedr she has money or not. U all shudnt make it sound like its an obligatn upon d woman to work fo money wen she has a husbnd. N im nt sayn she shudnt hustle fo money bt idealy...its a mans troble to do dat in d fam. N his money shud b diers....
Dont switch d roles,funy enuf d same men wud begn to rant bout "not being a woman" wen dey r axd to help wt chores @home

Honestly
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by klevotino: 9:28am On Jan 29, 2017
Joavid:

No one begged you to be a mum.

No one said being a mum would be easy.

We have working mum's everywhere.

If you're waiting for your hubby to give you credit for being a mum, you might not get i

ok, maybe you're not feeling appreciated, I'm sorry about that. you can discuss your feelings with him.

You are full of wisdom Ma......
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by airminem(f): 9:28am On Jan 29, 2017
YourWife:

How much does it cost to employ a house help that would do all those work u do at home? 20k? 30k??
Well... How much would u earn monthly if u were to go get a job? Do your calculations and come to a conclussion. Don't go looking for money in ur husband's pocket, it doesn't make d family any better. Source for d money from another persons pocket, and ur family has an extra income, no matter how little d money might be.

Alright, Thank You
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by dingbang(m): 9:28am On Jan 29, 2017
airminem:

Because You Are Not Seeing The Point Of View I Am Coming Okay.
almost 95percent of people commenting in ur threads are confessing that you are the problem but u won't listen... Continue... U want empathy abi? No wahala.. The worst part is majority of the advice coming Ur fellow women against u.., so man up and accept that u are the problem
Re: My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours by MabraO: 9:41am On Jan 29, 2017
airminem:

Ur way of seeing things is very wrong
No wonder ur husby see his money as his
Cos u placing too much importance on irrelevant things
Wot is wrong if he calls his money his?

A very wrong idea u ve

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Derick Omari Shows His Mother As He Meets Queen Elizabeth - Pictures / Arranged Marriages Were Better Than Modern Marriages. / Unfaithful Wife Renders Husband Impotent In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.