Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,961 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693513 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Gunnerson: 9:56pm On Apr 06, 2017
ponpon:
Alariwo me I know sey na you be this. No be so life be ooh... Well God go do my own... Na Ejanla be this.... Nice one bro.. I sha tap from your anointing....

Lol oga mi, I humble sir. I go buzz you for whatsapp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
Gunnerson:

Wawu... I never thought if this answer tho.
Just talk from your heart bro.
You will be fine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ziggy3579: 10:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
Hi everyone, school is resuming May 8th.....i hope it's not too late to apply for visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 06, 2017
ziggy3579:
Hi everyone, school is resuming May 8th.....i hope it's not too late to apply for visa?

Not at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Toppytek(m): 11:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
Gurus in the house.. pls I want to know how possible is it for someone with a low undergraduate CGPA (2.5 to 3.0) on the scale of 5.0 to go for masters in the US. for a course like project management... has anybody witnessed this .. pls I need to be enlightened.

thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:52am On Apr 07, 2017
Gunnerson:

What then would you advise then? Fill unemployed? Or employed and go and face the story? Edakun... School resumes in September

Fill unemployed when you are employed.??.. Never

Just fill in your employment and focus on having good response to all the questions and speak of your love for chemistry.... that should be able to stand out and shine through

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 4:52am On Apr 07, 2017
greetings, pls i would like to know. is there any masters applicant for any of the semesters form Fall 17 with an HND from a nigerian polytechnic who has been admitted by any university? pls anyone who has received an admit or knows someone who has, pls i need to ask few questions.
Also i need to know if the WES report to schools has any page or part that where it is statded that the evaluated result is or is not equivalent to the US bachelors.i will also like to speak with someone who recently completed an HND result evaluation. pls i really need help on this.Thank you in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 5:00am On Apr 07, 2017
cseejhay:
greetings, pls i would like to know. is there any masters applicant for any of the semesters form Fall 17 with an HND from a nigerian polytechnic who has been admitted by any university? pls anyone who has received an admit or knows someone who has, pls i need to ask few questions.
Also i need to know if the WES report to schools has any page or part that where it is statded that the evaluated result is or is not equivalent to the US bachelors .i will also like to speak with someone who recently completed an HND result evaluation. pls i really need help on this.Thank you in anticipation.

At bolded. Yes its stated on your wes report that's it is equivalent to US bachelor's
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Toppytek(m): 6:33am On Apr 07, 2017
Toppytek:
Gurus in the house.. pls I want to know how possible is it for someone with a low undergraduate CGPA (2.5 to 3.0) on the scale of 5.0 to go for masters in the US. for a course like project management... has anybody witnessed this .. pls I need to be enlightened.

thanks in advance

need info about this pls.. someone should be help me out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Gunnerson: 7:48am On Apr 07, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Fill unemployed when you are employed.??.. Never

Just fill in your employment and focus on having good response to all the questions and speak of your love for chemistry.... that should be able to stand out and shine through

Advise noted. Thank you very much. God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by naijatisumi: 9:26am On Apr 07, 2017
House i just got my i20 last week and make payment for sevis thru money order fee today thru a friend in US...Wanna ask how many days will it take to effect on their system and hope is not too late to pay for VISA fee as my resumption date is June 8th...Summer admission
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by naijatisumi: 9:29am On Apr 07, 2017
Congrats Man...I key in to your testimony ans i will also come here to give testimony In JESUS NAME
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 9:57am On Apr 07, 2017
YorubaNigga:

cc fredoricko

Okay. If I use one SOA for admission and obtaining of i-20, would I have to update the same SOA again to latest month right before taking it to d embassy for interview?
to the best of my knowledge they no longer require bank statements at the embassy but since it has become a tradition for us now its advisable to take a more updated one if you have to..this because they said they don't want to grant visas based on your financial stand but rather based on merit

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 9:58am On Apr 07, 2017
naijatisumi:
House i just got my i20 last week and make payment for sevis thru money order fee today thru a friend in US...Wanna ask how many days will it take to effect on their system and hope is not too late to pay for VISA fee as my resumption date is June 8th...Summer admission
thru money order it should take max of five days I think you can pay your visa fee anytime advisable you should pay in may and schedule your visa appointment 1st week of may If you want
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 10:34am On Apr 07, 2017
Toppytek:

thanks in advance

Toppytek:

need info about this pls.. someone should be help me out.

First, you will need to do some US GPA equivalent (evaluation) for your grade to be converted to a 4.0 scale. Having done that, you'll know your stand in applying to US Schools "GPA-wise". You can use the WES free iGPA Calculator to get a rough estimate/figure OR you could go hard by sending your credentials to WES for evaluation proper.

That being said, once you know your GPA, you go ahead and scout for schools via google; check out their requirements and see which school you can meet up with. You should consider writing standardized tests (GRE,TOEFL/IELTS) and blast to compensate your GPA then you can go from there!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 1:38pm On Apr 07, 2017
Recently I've been seeing: tapping, tapping, tapped; tap from; tap into; key in; key into; connect in

It seems this is what goes in Nigeria now when people wish for something.

My favorite is tapping, tapping, tapped grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by WilliamKhan(m): 3:02pm On Apr 07, 2017
My Oga them... Una Weh don.

Please I applied and secured admission to ball state University in Indiana.

My course is supposed to start in may,and as such I ought to have secured my visa as at this point.

My problem now is till this moment, my I-20 still hasn't arrived.
I contacted the school last month and they acknowledged that there was a delay of some sort, but promised that I'd receive it shortly.
As of today I'm still waiting for e-shipGlobal(or their Nigerian partners) to knock on my gate.

Please is there any other thing I could do to hasten the process?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by WilliamKhan(m): 3:05pm On Apr 07, 2017
ziggy3579:

What school please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DimmyCho(m): 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2017
Good day peeps, . Pls I need help here. Had 3rejection for b1 /b2 3 times(year 2012, 2015 n 2016 Jan). Now I'm planning on securing admission for my master's degree in film making @ New York film academy(a year course). Will my previous apps be a challenge? Or a fresh look will be given to it. Also , would be glad if anyone here is inline if my study so we could talk more as I have read from part 1 till date, just a man who went for a short course @ NYFA....pls help a brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Toppytek(m): 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2017
omoluabiguy:

First, you will need to do some US GPA equivalent (evaluation) for your grade to be converted to a 4.0 scale. Having done that, you'll know your stand in applying to US Schools "GPA-wise". You can use the WES free iGPA Calculator to get a rough estimate/figure OR you could go hard by sending your credentials to WES for evaluation proper.

That being said, once you know your GPA, you go ahead and scout for schools via google; check out their requirements and see which school you can meet up with. You should consider writing standardized tests (GRE,TOEFL/IELTS) and blast to compensate your GPA then you can go from there!!!

wow .. thanks so much for this.. God bless.. amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 4:16pm On Apr 07, 2017
WilliamKhan:

My course is supposed to start in may,and as such I ought to have secured my visa as at this point.

I contacted the school last month and they acknowledged that there was a delay of some sort , but promised that I'd receive it shortly.
As of today I'm still waiting for e-shipGlobal(or their Nigerian partners) to knock on my gate.

This is what happens when you apply to wack schools. If truly the bolded is a response from the school, then you need to demand for explanation of what they mean and if you don't get your I-20 by the end of this month, just defer the admission to next semester;

which school is that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by WilliamKhan(m): 4:25pm On Apr 07, 2017
omoluabiguy:

This is what happens when you apply to wack schools. If truly the bolded is a response from the school, then you need to demand for explanation of what they mean and if you don't get your I-20 by the end of this month, just defer the admission to next semester;

which school is that?

Ball State University, sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 4:43pm On Apr 07, 2017
WilliamKhan:

Ball State University, sir.

Please get intouch with their office of international admission and demand for explanation as you have to start preparing for your visa application. If you don't get your I20 by April Ending, you should defer the admission or apply to another school if you can (as a backup plan). Some schools are still accepting application for fall
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 07, 2017
Teedawg:
to the best of my knowledge they no longer require bank statements at the embassy but since it has become a tradition for us now its advisable to take a more updated one if you have to..this because they said they don't want to grant visas based on your financial stand but rather based on merit

Please expatriate more. I am interested in the statement part. Cos mine is also old. What if it is requested, how does one reply? Though I have heard LAGOS NIV say the same
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:34pm On Apr 07, 2017
WilliamKhan:

I contacted the school last month and they acknowledged that there was a delay of some sort, but promised that I'd receive it shortly.

Have you paid for the shipping and where you given a tracking number.....because if it taking a month that would mean it has not been shipped ... then that a different conversation .

Go back to the school and clarify the exact status and if its been shipped, ask for the tracking number and track to see delivery date....eship global is not cheap so it is trackable online with an ETA ...... What if its been delivered and someone else signed for it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:43pm On Apr 07, 2017
DimmyCho:
Good day peeps, . Pls I need help here. Had 3rejection for b1 /b2 3 times(year 2012, 2015 n 2016 Jan). Now I'm planning on securing admission for my master's degree in film making @ New York film academy(a year course). Will my previous apps be a challenge? Or a fresh look will be given to it. Also , would be glad if anyone here is inline if my study so we could talk more as I have read from part 1 till date, just a man who went for a short course @ NYFA....pls help a brother

I dint know if someone can give you an advice fully...(without a full transcrip ) .... we dont know the full history behind these rejections.. it could be through an agent and inconsistencies were posted or it could be just lack of home ties or many things...so to answer your exact question. Yes your previous can be looked at for sure. .....

If you been rejected several times then maybe you need to chill first and not try america in a while. Everytime you go to the VO. They pull up your history and i dont know what they are seeing. ........ although there have been others who were rejected several times and finally given. It does happen but nobody can predict that for you

Also what was ur undegrad in or work experience...is it in media film....and is this school in NY a properly accredited institutions/university. For someone who been rejected multiple time then if you are going for a degree it has to be a credible school to enhance your credibilty ......

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Have you paid for the shipping and where you given a tracking number.....because if it taking a month that would mean it has not been shipped ... then that a different conversation .

Go back to the school and clarify the exact status and if its been shipped, ask for the tracking number and track to see delivery date....eship global is not cheap so it is trackable online with an ETA ...... What if its been delivered and someone else signed for it

Pls how much does the shipping cost, and what service do you think is most affordable and reliable?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:47pm On Apr 07, 2017
neurosci:

Pls how much does the shipping cost, and what service do you this is most affordable and reliable?

E shipping is expensive for what they provide but most schools tend to use it... it like $110 or so range. Don't have the exact figure . ...but when you pay you have the option to pick dhl , fedex or ups as the shipper

Here i have seen advice that if you have someone in the usa. You can ask the school to send it to that person for free and then the person can send it to you using USPS Express service for half of that $110 .

Most are reliable as long as they have online tracking service so you can monitor it and you are advice in advance ETA. (estimated time of arrival..)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 5:53pm On Apr 07, 2017
LagosismyHome:

E shipping is expensive for what they provide but most schools tend to use it... it like $110 or so range. Don't have the exact figure . ...but when you pay you have the option to pick dhl , fedex or ups as the shipper

Here i have seen advice that if you have someone in the usa. You can ask the school to send it to that person for free and then the person can send it to you using USPS Express service for half of that $110 .

Jeez!!! To go to Yankee no be small thing o! After spending a lot on app fees, WES evaluation, GRE, TOEFL, score report, transcript, SEVIS, and i-20 shipping, one VO will now come and deny person of visa again Na wa o!
Thanks for the info @lagosismyhome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DimmyCho(m): 6:03pm On Apr 07, 2017
[quote author=LagosismyHome post=55357786]

I dint know if someone can give you an advice fully...(without a full transcrip ) .... we dont know the full history behind these rejections.. it could be through an agent and inconsistencies were posted or it could be just lack of home ties or many things...so to answer your exact question. Yes your previous can be looked at for sure. .....

If you been rejected several times then maybe you need to chill first and not try america in a while. Everytime you go to the VO. They pull up your history and i dont know what they are seeing. ........ although there have been others who were rejected several times and finally given. It does happen but nobody can predict that for you

Also what was ur undegrad in or work experience...is it in media film....and is this school in NY a properly accredited institutions/university. For someone who been rejected multiple time then if you are going for a degree it has to be a credible school to enhance your credibilty ......

Thanks for your response,i was the guy who sent you PM. For the rejection, it was based on visiting and I was giving the 214(b) blue paper. The first was through and agent(2012) before I entered Uni. While the last two was to attend my brother's wedding. I have a diploma in performing and media arts from Pefti and a Bachelor's of Art in Theatre and Media Arts. Did my internships at NTA, Ait and other private film companies. Im workongbas a production manager since Oct later years after my grad. New York film academy is one of the best film schools in US where pple like Stephnie Okereke, Jungle Afolayan, bank w, Dr. Sid , producer of Ije and Kemi Adetiba ( Director or Wedding Party, all studied .Seeing these people's works, i fell on love with the schools that's why I wish to do my Masters there. Just want to do it right that's why I came to make enquiries.
You're appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.