Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (695089 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kendrix69(m): 6:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
Which school is this abeg?
EdwardSnowden14:
Hello,
Please i have been accepted in one of the universities in the us for undergraduate studies with a generous scholarship of 20000.
I didn't write any test and i want to know if that's gonna be an hindrance.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kendrix69(m): 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
Guys please i need ur help, want to prepare for the sat and TOEFL, how do i go about it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Emmyirab(m): 6:37pm On Apr 23, 2017
Kendrix69:
Guys please i need ur help, want to prepare for the sat and TOEFL, how do i go about it
For toefl, go to notefull.com, then select ''complete toefl training''.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 6:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
Kendrix69:
You can download sat study materials from college board website, You can also use khlan academy website to prepare.
For the toefl, if you register at BY matif, you will get a free kaplan study material which is very helpful.. You can also get useful materials online but the kaplan is very broad and it covers everything.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Helkayklassic(m): 6:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
God bless this bro @Walspring.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Gretter: 7:25pm On Apr 23, 2017
Hello house I have just been admitted in one of the university in us please how is the interview like for students visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adewotired: 8:25pm On Apr 23, 2017
Kendrix69:

For SAT, use the khanacademy.org and work with about 2 SAT textbooks of your choice.

For the TOEFL, just carry the Kaplan and watch video tutorials for each section.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Analytics: 8:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
sirRiddy:

Nigerians and bad records sha.
One thing I experienced while applying there was that Nigeria was banned from paying the application fee from Nigeria. bigFrancis21 had to help me pay the fee and I still got a big fat reject.
But I have seen a few Nigerians being accepted into the school. The school is in Alabama, so I am sure na Trump people go full there anyway.
They admitted some Nigerians just to meet up with diversity quota. They rather have international black students than black Americans. Alabama is racist state. They've had bad experience with Nigerians. UNiversity of Alabama at Birmingham and Alabama A&M(99% black) accepts a lot of international student.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
Analytics:
If that's what you can deduce, then fine. I have passed my message

You type very similar to slimmy2005 ....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by emmy994: 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
Pls can I get admission into utep with a GRE score of 286 for an MSc programme.? Secondly I also applied at Stevens Institute of Technology but am yet to send my official GRE scores to them, would this by any means affect my chance of being admitted?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Analytics: 9:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
LagosismyHome:

You type very similar to slimmy2005 ....
so wtf?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by emmy994: 9:41pm On Apr 23, 2017
Thanks @femi321
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by emmy994: 9:50pm On Apr 23, 2017
ponpon:
Yes you can and even 320 and above doesn't determine funding. It's dependent on its availability, what you are bringing to the department and many other stuff. Departmental funding is competitive and you sometimes need a competitive profile to get it or luckily a prof is interested in having you. Outside the department you can hustle to get other admin GA.

Thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 10:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
EdwardSnowden14:
Hello,
Please i have been accepted in one of the universities in the us for undergraduate studies with a generous scholarship of 20000.
I didn't write any test and i want to know if that's gonna be an hindrance.
Thanks

And what's the original tuition you were supposed to pay?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by emmy994: 10:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
But without funding is it advisable to proceed with the admission probably go there and work or retake the exam while over there and reapply for admission. Thanks for ur opinion
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by chuksGilb: 10:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
sirRiddy:

Lol congratulations.
But that Auburn is one useless school. With your scores, they still waitlisted you. O ga. Good luck in your interview

Na dem sabi. I got a very decent offer from Syracuse. That's where I am headed come fall 2017 by Gods grace once visa clicks. I must say, I have benefited immensely from a number of your posts among those by other awesome members of the GRE thread and US student visa thread. I am new to making posts on this forum, I tried setting up correspondence with you yesterday; would like to get a few tips on the life of a Phd student from this part of the world over there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 11:51pm On Apr 23, 2017
smithsydny:
wch country u try before?
esti
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 12:02am On Apr 24, 2017
emmy994:
But without funding is it advisable to proceed with the admission probably go there and work or retake the exam while over there and reapply for admission. Thanks for ur opinion

All what you said will throw you out of status, meaning you become undocumented immediately.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by amanze15(m): 12:22am On Apr 24, 2017
Auburn University, Charles Barkley undecided
chuksGilb:

Thank you so much for your contributions. Thanks to you too, LagosismyHome and Analytics. I think I would opt for the May interview date. It gives me more time to prepare especially with regards to getting really good air fares.

My profile:
GRE: 317
GPA:4.86/5
Schools: Auburn University(Waitlisted), University of Toledo(Accepted) and Syracuse(Accepted).

I have gone through some of the transcripts posted on previous parts. I am concerned however, with my chances of getting my visa approved since most of the ties I have with Nigeria is in the form of my relationships (family and friends).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by nellyalph: 4:17am On Apr 24, 2017
Is it possible to get visa(visiting visa) to US from another country other than your country of origin?? The person is on student visa in Australia.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 5:00am On Apr 24, 2017
nellyalph:
Is it possible to get visa(visiting visa) to US from another country other than your country of origin?? The person is on student visa in Australia.
Very possible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:05am On Apr 24, 2017
nellyalph:

Yes a friend got hers from Trinidad, you just need to follow what ever rules or how it done in that country. In her case she was told to pay her school fees and send the receipt and nigerian passport back to the embassy before the visa was issued...... also a previous post here by someone in another country was asked to submit bank statements .......but these are done like this in Nigeria ... So different countries slightly different processes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by nellyalph: 6:45am On Apr 24, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Yes a friend got hers from Trinidad, you just need to follow what ever rules or how it done in that country. In her case she was told to pay her school fees and send the receipt and nigerian passport back to the embassy before the visa was issued...... also a previous post here by someone in another country was asked to submit bank statements .......but these are done like this in Nigeria ... So different countries slightly different processes.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by nellyalph: 6:45am On Apr 24, 2017
OluDare01:

Very possible

Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 24, 2017
sobastical:

esti
Mk we dey push dey go
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by hurricanesgrace: 7:49am On Apr 24, 2017
Good morning everyone,
Is there anybody in d hous studying at Texas southern university. Let's link up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by naijatisumi: 7:58am On Apr 24, 2017
SURE YOU CAN GET ADMITTED ... MY WIFE 269 SEF GET ADMISSION...JUST APPLY AND BE PRAYERFUL OBATAN
emmy994:
Pls can I be admitted into any school in US wit a GRE score of 286: verbal 141 and quantitative 145. I have applied to utep and Stevens Institute of Technology. Is there hope with this score?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by atrapon(m): 9:31am On Apr 24, 2017
I love this thread, Gurus please help me with schools that are not blacklisted by USA embassy with less tedious admission process for masters degree program. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 10:45am On Apr 24, 2017
atrapon:
I love this thread, Gurus please help me with schools that are not blacklisted by USA embassy with less tedious admission process for masters degree program. Thank you

You have to search for schools by yourself but don't try viu, devry, phoenix, calums, technical schools etc. Others can add to this list.

Best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 11:08am On Apr 24, 2017
smithsydny:
Mk we dey push dey go
Na so baba
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dannyjumbo(m): 11:21am On Apr 24, 2017
kallowdean:

WES iCAP all the way... Just do it ($205).
shipping to address ($7) and subsequent sending of reports to schools XYZ ($30/sch),
Hint: Start early and use a US family Home address to receive your Final report...

Good Luck...
pls I sent my transcript to WES so they reply and saidba copy of my photocopy of my transcript is been sent to my school in Nigeria for verification a and that my whole stuf is on hold stil my school replies.pls wjo do you guyz tink am I on the right track?

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.