Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693364 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chinewon88(m): 11:26pm On May 06, 2017
Silva094:
Please does someone's TOEFL score affects his or her admission?

Hi Silva094,
If someone scores 40/120 on the TOEFL for instance, what does that say about their communication skills?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chinewon88(m): 11:33pm On May 06, 2017
Biggy911:
@lagosismyhome
@electronic
@Walspring
@fredoricko
Gurus in the house
if a graduate applicant using WES evaluation reports want to upload a copy on a University application page.
Are we required to upload university official transcripts again along with the WES Evaluation Report ?

OK, everything you upload on the application portal is unofficial. I was asked to upload both by one of the schools I applied to. I was lucky I had someone make photocopy for me before it was sent to WES as schools generally don't hand transcripts to students. So, it depends on the graduate schools policy. So ask your admissions office.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyday: 11:37pm On May 06, 2017
Silva094:
Please does someone's TOEFL score affects his or her admission?

It only shows you won't struggle to study among native English students. So yes, it might affect admission if e.g. your Speaking or Reading is too low.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyday: 11:39pm On May 06, 2017
Chinewon88:

Hi Silva094,
If someone scores 40/120 on the TOEFL for instance, what does that say about their communication skills?

They might not be in their best form on test day, s/he should consider a retake.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyday: 11:42pm On May 06, 2017
djavu82:
Dear House, please at what point do u defer an American admission for M.sc.
Is it after u obtain ur I-20 or before it.

Kindly advise

Tell them the moment you got the admission decision.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 12:43am On May 07, 2017
Igbonerd did his graduation today. Congratulations bro!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 3:11am On May 07, 2017
adewotired:

I have a couple of guys that applied there and expecting some word on the scholarship decisions... You found anything?

SAT score of 1310 & above gets you a full scholarship.
SAT score of 1120-1300 gets you a $7,500 scholarship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 4:24am On May 07, 2017
Chinewon88:

Hi Silva094,

Just forget you took that exam. Study well and re-write, or don't even show that if it's not a school requirement.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 6:40am On May 07, 2017
OluDare01:
Igbonerd did his graduation today. Congratulations bro!
That's great. I remember his moniker from part 7 if I'm not mistaken.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ukijioma: 7:38am On May 07, 2017
please brother can you send me your whatsapp number. we need to talk. i would love to know how you applied for the school. thanks
filypo:
Dear VO,

First, in November 2003 I attended an interview at the US consulate in
Lagos, I was denied visa. Currently I'm in Dubai and in 2016 July I attended
an F1 visa interview here but was denied visa. The situation now is in 2003
my DOB was 01.07.1977 but my current passport is 01.07.1981 and my Form
I-20. I was asked by the VO the reason why there was a change of year in my
passport and before I could answer the question I was disqualified on that
ground.

How do I salvage the situation as the same school have re-enroll me with a
full tuition waiver and assistanship to work while studying. How do I defend
this misfortune that has befell me and has been plaguing me since that last
visa denial.

Can I use a lawyer? any information will be of great help.

Thank you in anticipation, waiting for your favorable response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ukijioma: 7:43am On May 07, 2017
bro can i mhave your whatsapp contact?
Brian10:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chinewon88(m): 8:01am On May 07, 2017
biikeys:

Just forget you took that exam. Study well and re-write, or don't even show that if it's not a school requirement.

My point is, a low TOEFL score can affect an admission decision for schools that care about the test.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adewotired: 8:06am On May 07, 2017
Brian10:

I know that. I mean have you gotten their decision on whether you've gotten the scholarship or not?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 8:29am On May 07, 2017
Chai, So visa fee is now N64k. which kind tin be this na...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by akins2016: 8:47am On May 07, 2017
shayhune:

Yesso. Boss Kunle cheesy
You even know my name already lol.. I told Amaka to tell you to contact me but you never did.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by akins2016: 8:59am On May 07, 2017
So Dr Craig Z told you you are on the waitlist ?
reDazey:

I sent you a PM with this moniker(my new moniker).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shayhune: 9:08am On May 07, 2017
akins2016:

You even know my name already lol.. I told Amaka to tell you to contact me but you never did.

She didn't deliver your message oo. I'll pm you now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by reDazey(f): 9:38am On May 07, 2017
akins2016:
So Dr Craig Z told you you are on the waitlist ?
Hello akins2016, shayhune told me about you yesterday. And dramaka too.

Dr Z told me I was in one dangerous wait-list.
I was left speechless with the rank cry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:35am On May 07, 2017
Chapecoense:
Chai, So visa fee is now N64k. which kind tin be this na...

Ah! This is unbelievable. I can't but think about how much the consulate rakes in daily from Visa application. All prospective applicants had better be thoroughly prepared so that words such as "refire", " reapply " becomes nonexistent. I wish all fall 2017 visa applicants success!

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by akins2016: 10:59am On May 07, 2017
reDazey:

Hello akins2016, shayhune told me about you yesterday. And dramaka too.

Dr Z told me I was in one dangerous wait-list.
I was left speechless with the rank cry.
Hmmmm why Dr Z dey do like this now... and they increased our stipend for the next fall ooo. Anyways let's talk when you can.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:00am On May 07, 2017
adewotired:

I know that. I mean have you gotten their decision on whether you've gotten the scholarship or not?
Not yet
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 11:17am On May 07, 2017
fredoricko:

Ah! This is unbelievable. I can't but think about how much the consulate rakes in daily from Visa application. All prospective applicants had better be thoroughly prepared so that words such as "refire", " reapply " becomes nonexistent. I wish all fall 2017 visa applicants success!
Baba the strange thing is not even the N64k, its the expiry date attached. Which means after 12th of may, It might go higher.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:46am On May 07, 2017
Chapecoense:

Baba the strange thing is not even the N64k, its the expiry date attached. Which means after 12th of may, It might go higher.

That because our government never do their work so anyone can get away with anything...shame and sad

How can the embassy be using 400 naira to a dollar when black market and abokifix is not up 400. That extortion because ideally it should be "official" rate used. Naija government we hail thee ooo angry angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shabol54(f): 11:51am On May 07, 2017
Chapecoense:

I replied your pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 11:59am On May 07, 2017
Chapecoense:

Please what does this statement means? Explain better I beg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by BigBUMBUM: 12:03pm On May 07, 2017
Tunnyz7:
WLU CIS
k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Bibiakonure: 12:12pm On May 07, 2017
sotall:
Hello guys, I need your advise on what to do as regards sending my transcript from University of Benin to ETSU where I intend doing my masters program.

I travelled from Lagos to Benin earlier this year to request for my B.Sc certificate as well as my transcript to help facilitate my application. I learnt application and processing of transcript is now done online via ET-Xchange ( an online transcript processing firm) . I registered on the site and filled the online form, ordered and paid for the transcript on March 22nd and it was clearly written it will take three weeks to apply and send the transcript to ETSU.
To my surprise , after three weeks, the status was still on "processing". I called their customer care and they seem not to know the reason for their incapability.
Now its already six weeks and no explanation from them.
Now I am really confused on what to do. Is there any other method I can use to send my official transcript from uniben to ETSU?
Those who have done it should please advice.
send me a PM. I finished from uniben and i have my transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 12:31pm On May 07, 2017
LagosismyHome:

That because our government never do their work so anyone can get away with anything...shame and sad

How can the embassy be using 400 naira to a dollar when black market and abokifix is not up 400. That extortion because ideally it should be "official" rate used. Naija government we hail thee ooo angry angry
my GOD.. Daylight robbery... How do we report this to CBN? I feel its GTbank thats the culprint here.. Taking the exchange rate to N400 from N306 in just days. And Embassy even went to put expiry date. We need explanations o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 12:33pm On May 07, 2017
Awesu122:

Please what does this statement means? Explain better I beg
Honestly I have no idea..
Just say today that the visa fee is now N64,000. And the new exchange rate is N400- $1 (expires 12th may)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by reDazey(f): 12:43pm On May 07, 2017
akins2016:

Hmmmm why Dr Z dey do like this now... and they increased our stipend for the next fall ooo. Anyways let's talk when you can.

Please, I just sent you a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by filypo: 1:20pm On May 07, 2017
Is there any possibility to my case? It's just the year of birth that's different. The day and month is accurate. Is there any chance of me getting a visa? How should I order my answer if the question arises.

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.