Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (695865 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 11:32am On May 18, 2017
Walspring haven't heard from you o concerning that TOEFL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Biggy911(m): 11:32am On May 18, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by beejhay69: 11:32am On May 18, 2017
mzjennypher:

ok thanks
got ur þm, i'v mailed ßäçk. Tanx.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Everest1989(m): 11:34am On May 18, 2017
Tunnyz:

You don't need to wait to hear from the embassy after paying visa fees. If you've paid all other fees and ready you can go ahead and schedule an interview appointment
okay thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 11:46am On May 18, 2017
Tunnyz:
Walspring haven't heard from you o concerning that TOEFL
brother. Just register for online toefl tutorials and everyday study materials will be sent to your mail for free. I remember when i took toefl i was able to score 107 with their help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by akins2016: 12:29pm On May 18, 2017
PrinceDekunle:

Only a VO knows who deserves a visa. Nobody has a clue on who to and who not to be granted a visa. Let's be mindful of our predictions. What if he ends up getting a visa and someday re-read this comment of yours? He'll only smile at your ignorance
That's what I was trying to prove to him. They just come here and conclude as if they are the VO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PrinceDekunle: 12:37pm On May 18, 2017
Mayflowa:

Granted, the eventual decision lies on VOs but some of us that have stayed here for long know when a red flag is waved. That is why we are able to help people prepare here. And I said "hardly". That isn't a foreclosure.

I disagree with you. The fact that you were granted a visa and living in the US doesn't mean you have any knowledge of how the US diplomatic mission works. You are a "foreign student" in the US who was given access to study in the US because the VO found you eligible. NOT a diplomat! Let's advise people on possible solutions to their problems and not predicting who gets a visa or not. You are not in any position to say such.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 1:19pm On May 18, 2017
Mayflowa:

Granted, the eventual decision lies on VOs but some of us that have stayed here for long know when a red flag is waved. That is why we are able to help people prepare here. And I said "hardly". That isn't a foreclosure.
Why you dey stress yourself LEAVE AM....the VO go grant am VISA.... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 1:21pm On May 18, 2017
PrinceDekunle:

Only a VO knows who deserves a visa. Nobody has a clue on who to and who not to be granted a visa. Let's be mindful of our predictions. What if he ends up getting a visa and someday re-read this comment of yours? He'll only smile at your ignorance
I don't think you understand why most people on this platform get their VISA, if you did you wont be replying in that manner. I miss TWOODS .. cry cry
to increase your chances, you must identify every possible RED Flag! and try to understand how to work it out.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ToluexCA(m): 1:26pm On May 18, 2017
Biggy911:

GURUS IN THE HOUSE:
Please help look into the meaning of this letter received from my Program Cord and what's the best response.

Dear XXXX,

Thank you so much for the update. While it is quite a bit past the deadline, I will read your file and include it on our waitlist should a Graduate Assistantship become available.

DR. XXXXXX

means you applied for the graduate assistantshipor admission as the case maybe after the deadline but he/she will go through your application and put you on waitlist ( a situation where you have not been formally admitted but placed on a list pending a space opens up then you might be considered out of the pool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 1:26pm On May 18, 2017
electronic:

I don't think you understand why most people on this platform get their VISA, if you did you wont be replying in that manner. I miss TWOODS .. cry cry
to increase your chances, you must identify every possible RED Flag! and try to understand how to work it out.

Where thatboss sef
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PrinceDekunle: 1:29pm On May 18, 2017
electronic:

I am not rooting for some kind of arguments. I just try to correct people not to predict who gets a visa or not. Anyone can be given a visa depending on how the VO feels about the person. Some are qualified and got denied visas, some got visa just because the VO likes their face and composure, others get it because they did their work right. It varies and not too serious of a thing to be predicting who gets it or not

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by VisaOfficer: 1:32pm On May 18, 2017
towbaynah:

Yeah. I want to be as honest as possible. That way, it'll be easier to answer questions thrown at me.

Better to be refused on the truth than issued on a lie. Lies will catch up with you sooner or later. A single lie could jeopardize any chance of you or your family going to the U.S. in the future.

Honesty and sincerity go a long, long way during the interviews.

Regards,
VO

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Biggy911(m): 1:32pm On May 18, 2017

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 1:33pm On May 18, 2017
Is there any member of this thread studying education in the US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 18, 2017
Hi. I applied for master's in industrial engineering at North Carolina A&T uni. I have my i20 with me now.
I'm yet to book my visa appointment .. Please can anybody help me with a mock embassy interview ..
thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PrinceDekunle: 2:06pm On May 18, 2017
Iblad0994:
Hi. I applied for master's in industrial engineering at North Carolina A&T uni. I have my i20 with me now.
I'm yet to book my visa appointment .. Please can anybody help me with a mock embassy interview ..
thanks in advance
Pm me smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 18, 2017
PrinceDekunle:

Pm me smiley

Pm sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:16pm On May 18, 2017
Uncle TWOODS i hail ooo although i dont know if its Uncle or Aunty

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by van909: 2:21pm On May 18, 2017
Gurus in the house please advice i graduated 2009 though working, i wanted to apply for my masters programme but g.p is low and i decided to go for undergraduate program with a different course. A friend told me that VO's hardly give visa to applicants who have been working and applying for 2nd degree. Please how true is this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ToluexCA(m): 2:31pm On May 18, 2017
VisaOfficer:

Better to be refused on the truth than issued on a lie. Lies will catch up with you sooner or later. A single lie could jeopardize any chance of you or your family going to the U.S. in the future.

Regards,
VO

welcome back Sir /Ma it's been a while that I saw your post..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PrinceDekunle: 2:34pm On May 18, 2017
Iblad0994:

Pm sent

Replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ToluexCA(m): 2:38pm On May 18, 2017
van909:
Gurus in the house please advice i graduated 2009 though working, i wanted to apply for my masters programme but g.p is low and i decided to go for undergraduate program with a different course. A friend told me that VO's hardly give visa to applicants who have been working and applying for 2nd degree. Please how true is this?

thing is something's are better left unsaid. since you'd be going for the undergrad I'm sure the VO or nobody can know unless you say it or you've once applied for graduate study.
I'd advise you apply without stating weather you once had a degree or worked - it's like having a fresh start, but be ready to convince the VO why you are just about to study considering that have graduated since 2009 and apparently you'd be using your wassce which will be much earlier

ball is in your court.. ciao
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adewotired: 2:46pm On May 18, 2017
PrinceDekunle:

Pm me smiley

I also sent a pm... I need a mock interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PrinceDekunle: 2:48pm On May 18, 2017
adewotired:

I also sent a pm... I need a mock interview

Replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 18, 2017
PrinceDekunle:

Replied
Hi bro , I don't think I know how this pm works .. I sent you an e-message but I can't find your reply to my message ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 18, 2017
Hi guru's in the house.. I got admitted to North Carolina A&T state uni for master's in industrial engineering. I already have my I-20 with me and I will be booking my visa interview soon. I haven't completed my NYSC yet . I'll be completing by October . Please if the VO ask me at the visa interview where I'm working or if I completed NYSC , please what should be the ideal response .
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Dominic147(m): 3:00pm On May 18, 2017
Good day everyone i just received my i20 document from arkansas state university and on my educational level *others: graduate certificate* and the duration of program is 2 years. pls i will need better clarification on this. thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PrinceDekunle: 3:08pm On May 18, 2017
Iblad0994:

Hi bro , I don't think I know how this pm works .. I sent you an e-message but I can't find your reply to my message ..
Email keeps bouncing back
***Edited***
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ToluexCA(m): 3:12pm On May 18, 2017
Dominic147:
Good day everyone i just received my i20 document from arkansas state university and on my educational level *others: graduate certificate* and the duration of program is 2 years. pls i will need better clarification on this. thanks in advance

it's simple... it means that the graduate study you're about to start will take 2years to complete.. I believe you applied by yourself so you should know how many years it will take you to finish the program..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DoTheNeedful: 3:13pm On May 18, 2017
VisaOfficer:

Regards,
VO

Hello V.O,

I just realized that I made a mistake while filling my DS-160 form. I mistakenly entered my current place of residence as my place of birth. I have my place of birth correctly entered on my passport but as it is now, what I have on my DS-160 form is different in that regard.
I have already booked a date for my visa interview with this same DS-160 form. I will like to know your opinion about this. Will it affect my visa application negatively? What can I do? My place of birth is Ogun but I mistakenly entered Lagos.
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ToluexCA(m): 3:14pm On May 18, 2017
DoTheNeedful:

Hello V.O,

I just realized that I made a mistake while filling my DS-160 form. I mistakenly entered my current place of residence as my place of birth. I have my place of birth correctly entered on my passport but as it is now, what I have on my DS-160 form is different in that regard.
I have already booked a date for my visa interview with this same DS-160 form. I will like to know your opinion about this. Will it affect my visa application negatively? What can I do? My place of birth is Ogun but I mistakenly entered Lagos.
Thank you.

good you are going the needful

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.