Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (696082 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by amanze15(m): 2:39am On Feb 05, 2017
slimmy2005:
Nna, I'm tired. Any goodies?
Odogwu grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:24am On Feb 05, 2017
TWoods:

Your post is no different from the very thing you claim to be caterwauling about.

I frankly don't take 95% of the folks here seriously at all. What i see here aren't students, but economic migrants looking for any means possible to run away from Nigeria. School just happens to be the easy route for now. So not surprising, people tend to lash out when you make a comment. Its mostly out of desperation... you're simply on that side because you're in the same boat. Simple. Nigerians are not used to people being blunt with them... we are a nation of sickening sycophants, even when we are in the wrong, we still expect people to "respect" us, hail us, kiss our feet and baby us. Its why James Ibori is getting a heroes welcome in his hometown today. Good luck.

There no difference between you and those who want to run away .....at the end of the day all are economic migrants just on different path . Your post most times seems so condescending of others. Yes they might want to Flee Nigeria (who can blame them with the current state ) but u are guilty of the same...

Character wise .....DO BETTER

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 6:32am On Feb 05, 2017
LagosismyHome:

There no difference between you and those who want to run away .....at the end of the day all are economic migrants just on different path . Your post most times seems so condescending of others. Yes they might want to Flee Nigeria (who can blame them with the current state ) but u are guilty of the same...

Character wise .....DO BETTER

Yes ma'am.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:44am On Feb 05, 2017
TWoods:

Yes ma'am.

grin ..lol
Enjoy the rest of the weekend ....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 7:31am On Feb 05, 2017
LagosismyHome:

grin ..lol
Enjoy the rest of the weekend ....

Doing exactly that... enjoy your weekend as well. wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 8:03am On Feb 05, 2017
ganiyuadeoye:
If u decide to write IELTS as ur English proficiency test you can PM me,so I can send u some relevant material to prep with.

Best of luck!

Have been trying to PM u boss not going through
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by saninwa: 10:19am On Feb 05, 2017
TWoods:

Your post is no different from the very thing you claim to be caterwauling about.

I frankly don't take 95% of the folks here seriously at all. What i see here aren't students, but economic migrants looking for any means possible to run away from Nigeria. School just happens to be the easy route for now. So not surprising, people tend to lash out when you make a comment. Its mostly out of desperation... you're simply on that side because you're in the same boat. Simple. Nigerians are not used to people being blunt with them... we are a nation of sickening sycophants, even when we are in the wrong, we still expect people to "respect" us, hail us, kiss our feet and baby us. Its why James Ibori is getting a heroes welcome in his hometown today. Good luck.

What are you still doing in the states? You should have returned home to contribute to Nigeria after your studies if you are not an Economic Migrant.
People deceiving People.

23 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 12:17pm On Feb 05, 2017
electronic:

Twoods...Twoods....as usual.. smiley cheesy cheesy
Baba na celebrity o. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 12:57pm On Feb 05, 2017
Hushee:

Baba na celebrity o. grin grin
#TwoodisHardCore... cool

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Qhalifah: 2:23pm On Feb 05, 2017
Please I would like to know if I am to make photocopies of the financial statement I obtained from the bank or I would have to keep telling my parents to get a new statement from the bank each time I want to send it to the different schools I chose.

CC: Everyone and anyone. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 2:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
Qhalifah:
Please I would like to know if I am to make photocopies of the financial statement I obtained from the bank or I would have to keep telling my parents to get a new statement from the bank each time I want to send it to the different schools I chose.

CC: Everyone and anyone. Cheers!
new ones bro they only accept original copies just try and print the amount you feel you need at once.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by hublot(m): 2:48pm On Feb 05, 2017
How ambitious is University of Colorado Boulder Interdisciplinary Telecom Program for MSc? and how difficult is it to get a RA placement?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Qhalifah: 3:39pm On Feb 05, 2017
Teedawg:
new ones bro they only accept original copies just try and print the amount you feel you need at once.
Bro I believe what you saying in essence is that for every school i want to send a financial doc to, I would go to the bank for a new statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
Qhalifah:
Bro I believe what you saying in essence is that for every school i want to send a financial doc to, I would go to the bank for a new statement.
yea but you can still talk to some schools ask them if you can scan it to them until after admission is given and when you decide you wanna go there before you mail the originals
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by signature2012(m): 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
[quote author=TWoods post=53428010]

I frankly don't take 95% of the folks here seriously at all. What i see here aren't students, but economic migrants looking for any means possible to run away from Nigeria. School just happens to be the easy route for now. So not surprising, people tend to lash out when you make a comment. Its mostly out of desperation... you're simply on that side because you're in the same boat. Simple. Nigerians are not used to people being blunt with them... we are a nation of sickening sycophants, even when we are in the wrong, we still expect people to "respect" us, hail us, kiss our feet and baby us. Its why James Ibori is getting a heroes welcome in his hometown.

Pot calling kettle black.#Epka.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Qhalifah: 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2017
Teedawg:
yea but you can still talk to some schools ask them if you can scan it to them until after admission is given and when you decide you wanna go there before you mail the originals
Thanks a lot man.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 4:32pm On Feb 05, 2017
Awesu122:

Thanks for the suggestion, yeah choose it because of the tuition then because it's a school of management and sciences , but I think am gonna look further , don't wanna choose another school in california so as not to give VO impression that I have. Special businsss in california as a whole . Thinking of applying to Cleveland state uni and would see how it goes

You're just making sense.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 5:26pm On Feb 05, 2017
sirRiddy:
*in Asari Dokubo's voice* Oh my God! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Me I aff seen alert o grin shocked tongue tongue
and na turbotax ooo. Which one is tax fraud again?
Guys here have been using turbo sha for ages and a couple
are citizens now. If IRS like make them ask for refund, na them sabi.
Turbo gave me all my federal back.

As a student, you will always get your federal tax withheld back.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 5:51pm On Feb 05, 2017
slimmy2005:
I met one that came last Fall semester with GRE score of 311. With few mins of conversing with him I knew he was a product of these so called agents. He doesn't know about his course, he doesn't even have an undergraduate degree. I guess the VO was carried away by his GRE score. I see no reason why someone with such high GRE score would act so ignorant as not to know the course or any professor in his department. Google is free

There was a time they caught Nigerians and Chinese doing this GRE runs shiit. GRE needs to be given low priority when considering students for admission into grad level course. Applicant's GRE score should be paired with grades from undergrad courses which are directly related to the grad course applied to.

Like in medical field, your performance in listed undergrad prerequisites and test score are both considered at the same time. In MD/DO, it's MCAT + prereqs while dentistry is DAT + prereqs and PA is GRE + prereqs. Acing one and slacking in the other will lead to rejection. Well, I won't blame most grad schools adcomm, they always think the standard of GRE venue in US is the same elsewhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 05, 2017
TWoods:

Living in the same country as people like you would be the definition of torture.
This personification is totally wrong and uncalled for. You guys shouldn't take this too far.

Please not everybody in Nigeria is suffering.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 7:13pm On Feb 05, 2017
femi321:
yes, it keeps increasing as black market increases..it was 440 last week black market is 500 now. May God help us,This change has finished us

grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by amanze15(m): 7:40pm On Feb 05, 2017
hublot:
How ambitious is University of Colorado Boulder Interdisciplinary Telecom Program for MSc? and how difficult is it to get a RA placement?
schools Up there tend to be a bit too competitive for reasons known to them, but an outstanding profile should be good enough for you. just get in touch with a professor in charge of that research program which most interdisciplinary program seems to be

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.