Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (696545 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Johnolukolade(m): 9:13am On Jun 19, 2017
eddyme:
Please i need some help here..I have some issue with my waec result...Date of birth is supose to be oct but is august in my waec and rest of my document are all october...can it be change or should i just change my passport DOB to match with my weac...i never saw it before i did my passport last 6years and i need to renew it now...if i leave it like that will it affect during application to USA colleges ?..

Really need advice on this fast
thanks

I've got the same issue. Actual month of birth is July but it's June that popped up on my cert. It's their fault brov. Na to go their office be that o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 9:16am On Jun 19, 2017
Thanks alot guyz. My Student visa got approved few mins ago.

14 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:18am On Jun 19, 2017
Wisely007:

Sir I beg link me up i no want make someone job me, grant me the permission to pm you thanks in anticipation.

Send me pm and i reply you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:18am On Jun 19, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Shuoo u dont want me to be serious

Guess that a hint that i spend way too much time on NL grin for someone with all of the above

Not really because you need to be serious and no time to waste ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:19am On Jun 19, 2017
Johnolukolade:
Hello buddies, I wanna make an inquiry bout the SEVIS fee. Do I need to pay the fee before I can get my I-20?

You pay sevis fee after you have been granted admission and your i20 has been issued

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Airich01(m): 9:19am On Jun 19, 2017
chinemomah2020:
Airich01:

After much denial i was fed up and just didn't want to apply again,but my brother urged me. I did,and this time i was FURIOUS and determined.

vo:good morning.
me:how are you today?
vo:fine and you?
me:i'm fine sir.
vo:so,why are you going to the USA?
me: To pursue my bachelor's degree in Construction management.
vo: why US?
me: The USA is a country that is well fecognized for it's academic excellence and enhanced learning experienced,also the USA has one of the best educational system in the world offering flexible educational opportunities accross 4000 institutions.
vo:tell me abut your school....
me:...I did,explicitly.
vo: why your school??
me: i chiose this school because their contruction management course is accredited by the American Council For Construction Education,which is a global advocate for construction education.Also,at this school i'd get to learn management skills which will enable me learn how to manage and coordinate policies ,equipment,budget and schedule as well as the safety of general public and employees,also i picked this school because i was given scholarship and their tuition is affordable.
vo:tell me about your school
me: this school is a public four year university,located in... they are part of the xyz state colleges and universities system,they also have over 125 student bodies and they offer 75 majors.Established in...., its is part of the tric-college university system...
vo.... i am going to approve your visa.

Big Congrats Bro.. God really did it for you and for those who don' t believe in prayers on visa stuff i think this is a very good example for them. Also there is these part part i really love so much (if you prove to be smart then there's no space for God). Bro go and enjoy the goodness of God.

Thanks.... God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 9:19am On Jun 19, 2017
happney65:

Paper scarce?Paper dey my house for Apete naa... grin grin

Lol... I no dey for this oo since nah government property

Abi nah the A4 paper you get wey you think say you get paper

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Biggy911(m): 9:22am On Jun 19, 2017
/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Airich01(m): 9:30am On Jun 19, 2017
imperiouxx:

How does it feel when you read "what is sop", "ivy league", "I-20", whereas these terms were gotten online and www.google.com is always online? It's like one step forward, two steps back. Just open a damn new tab on chrome and type those words.

I have to say that the people asking those questions don't get the point Bro.... You will have to do research and research and research just to answer a question about your traveling, and besides who wants to go abroad and does not know ivy league? I don't get the point or idea... If they think you, Walspring, LagosismyHome and the rest will do their research they are joking.... I know because that was why I first failed.... Texrem said he was going to check school website for me to help make the point on which I chose my school better... But guess what, he also told me that he was busy... I played dumb and was pressing phone... Lol. I saw the result. If we can't know the school or why we picked them.... Even without visa interview, then there's no point in traveling for studies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shabol54(f): 10:06am On Jun 19, 2017
Folsy:
Congrats dear

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mjksho(m): 10:12am On Jun 19, 2017
shabol54:

Thanks alot for the tips, really appreciate. He has work experience in his field. You've been rly helpful

You are welcome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phdmscbsc: 10:20am On Jun 19, 2017
Folsy:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 10:23am On Jun 19, 2017
And I was at the Lagos Consulate this morning.. ..but those guys didn't allow me to leave the place with my passport oo, it was only my passport jacket they permitted me to go back with..... grin grin

Details coming shortly .. ..

25 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phdmscbsc: 10:23am On Jun 19, 2017
chinemomah2020:
Airich01:

After much denial i was fed up and just didn't want to apply again,but my brother urged me. I did,and this time i was FURIOUS and determined.

me: The USA is a country that is well fecognized for it's academic excellence and enhanced learning experienced,also the USA has one of the best educational system in the world offering flexible educational opportunities accross 4000 institutions.
me:...I did,explicitly.
vo: why your school??
me: i chiose this school because their contruction management course is accredited by the American Council For Construction Education,which is a global advocate for construction education.Also,at this school i'd get to learn management skills which will enable me learn how to manage and coordinate policies ,equipment,budget and schedule as well as the safety of general public and employees,also i picked this school because i was given scholarship and their tuition is affordable.
vo:tell me about your school
me: this school is a public four year university,located in... they are part of the xyz state colleges and universities system,they also have over 125 student bodies and they offer 75 majors.Established in...., its is part of the tric-college university system...
vo.... i am going to approve your visa.

Big Congrats Bro.. God really did it for you and for those who don' t believe in prayers on visa stuff i think this is a very good example for them. Also there is these part part i really love so much (if you prove to be smart then there's no space for God). Bro go and enjoy the goodness of God.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mjksho(m): 10:29am On Jun 19, 2017
Senatorbee:

I need schools that will accept unofficial document to issue admission so as to minimize financial resourses.
I have searched through Google but only see university that offer the course at undergraduate level and receive unofficial documents. your recommendations will be highly appreciated

I don't know if they have your course but I know for sure that these schools accept scanned copies.

1. Michigan Tech. (don't apply if funding is a top priority and you are going for Masters. School is stingy. Maybe PhD sha)
2. Ohio University, Oxford
3. New Mexico state university
4. North Carolina A&T
5. TAMUK.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by einsteino(m): 10:30am On Jun 19, 2017
please who has evaluated their University of Nigeria transcript using WES? I need to know how long it took UNN to confirm WES verification. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phdmscbsc: 10:36am On Jun 19, 2017
seeker88:
And I was at the Lagos Consulate this morning.. ..but those guys didn't allow me to leave the place with my passport oo, it was only my passport jacket they permitted me to go back with..... grin grin

congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:39am On Jun 19, 2017
seeker88:

Ehnnn why didnt u scatter the place that you must have your passport back and immediately tongue .....na wa for u oo. So u like better thing like thing, to walk away without your passport

Congrats ...great news .. God bless your new journey

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phdmscbsc: 10:43am On Jun 19, 2017
Drocks:
Congrats bro, I rejoice with you. Your testimony is inspiring. I have been denied 4times but I am not giving up! I live at igando, Akesan bus stop precisely. Pleas :Pe, can we hook up?

It is well, you shall share your own success transcript here very soon. Never relent, but u can share your transcript and let the guru help.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shabol54(f): 10:44am On Jun 19, 2017
seeker88:

Congratulations grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phdmscbsc: 10:47am On Jun 19, 2017
murtadha5004:
Visa Approved this morning, thanks to Allah, thanks to my boss Walspring.
, thanks to nairalanders.
6:30 appointment window 6, first to be attended to by the VO.

Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 10:56am On Jun 19, 2017
i'd like to say a very thanks to u guyz.. Part 10 transcript helped alot; especially with reference to answering the question 'Y that school'.. Which I learnt how to answer by using the tips from this platform. I was advised to answer, stating that I was encouraged to attend a certain school by a graduate from the school who is currently utilizing the skills and knowledge he acquired in Nigeria, secondly I also stated research work that's currently been done in my department and my excitement in been part of that.
And above all, thanks to God.

Me: Good morning.. . ( passed my passport and i20 already, didn't wait to be asked)
VO: y ETSU
Me: While working as a medical doctor at INEC, I had the privilege of working with the medical director who happens to be an ETSU graduate hence galvanized me to study public health with a concentration in Epidemiology as he has done and contributed significantly to the reduction in the incidence rate of Child health morbidity and morality. He worked with the current Epidemiology HOD at ETSU in a research titled..
Secondly, EtSu is recognized for it's research skills recognized by its collaboration with John Hopkins University in a reaseach aimed at reducing COPD incidence rate.
(at this point, he had already started typing and I guess approving my visa application )
VO: who's sponsoring u?
Me: dad, myself, EtSu and a very close family friend who played a vital role in funding my medical school training.
VO: I can c u currently have a visiting visa but it was gotten in Ghana, y?
Me: ( I chuckled) I schooled in Ghana for 6 years and worked for2years.
VO: ur visa has been approved.. .(hands me some documents for pick up)

I'd say what really helped was my 1st response to his question.
Prior to my interview, he had rejected several peeps and I prayed to God that I shouldnt be sent to him; but hey.. . God took control.
From what I over heard in the denials b4 me, corrections will be; it's better ur sponsor does not currently have a sufficient balance for ur tuition but rather has an active account with money going in and out well than a sudden deposit of money, as 1 of the applicant was questioned for close to 15mins based on a sudden deposit of 19 million naira into her dads account.
Also, try not to repeat the VOs question b4 u answer him/her; rather listen to the question, think about it for a sec, compose urself and then answer strategically ad they may not be willing to listen to all ur reasons so bring the most important 1 first.
Also, don't show any doc if u haven't been asked to show it; it only shows ur nervous.
So when I was asked about who will be my sponsor, I answered and didn't show any bank statement.
Above all, trust God and remain calm, just because the 7 or so peeps that were in front of u were rejected, doesn't mean u will b rejected, as was in my case.
Here's wishing u guyz all the best.
God richly bless the organizers of this group.
#signing out....

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phdmscbsc: 10:58am On Jun 19, 2017
Airich01:
November 17. This was the day i had my first interview and i flopped. I prayed a little tapped my phone around,texrem was busy he was able to only help with about one or two mocks ,so i revised alone but that wasn't the cause of the failure. The inability to adequately defend what i was going abroad for was the cause of the failure.My sister said we should fast ,i cut our fasting inbetween it was dry fast. The first interview went thus;
me: good morning sir.
vo:good morning
vo: why are you going abroad ?
me:for my bachelor's degree in Consrtuction management.
vo: why this school:
me:i choose this school because of their.... because of the way their syllabus is structured.
(i felt i had killed it before he killed me too)
vo:how is the course's syllabus structured?
me:opens mouth,searching my mind like google. i finally said it is structured in. a way that it helps me....and thats's how he said he can't approve it.That i haven't proven that i'm going as an immigrant.i got the blue paper.i got a damn blue paper.
Interview 2.... January.
what messed this up for me?
This time around i wasn't prepared mentally,emotionally,spiritually or prepared at all. My dad was in the hospital bed after slipping on the staircase and falling and i was attending to him,and i slept at 12 woke up at 4,....someone who's taken care of a neurosurgical patient will understand. On the day of the interview i didn't pray,i was bitter,unprepared and all sorts. i got to Walter Carrington.
And here's how me and the vo conversed......
me:good morning
me:..... i did,explicitly.
vo: Is your brother in the US?
me: yes,he is a.... (now pause,had i shut my fat beak here i'd be in the US already. i saw it in his eyes he wanted to give me so bad,but what...check out my stupid response after the 'yes' where i should have shut up.) ...he is a citizen and he is living well...He works for bla...bla...bla... and i am not going there because of him but to pursue my career. Now in what sense is this wrong In the sense that my education isn't the career.
So he moved his hands down picked that same useless blue paper making it number 2,....

Wow... Thanks for sharing this

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phdmscbsc: 11:04am On Jun 19, 2017
Folsy:
i'd like to say a very thanks to u guyz.. Part 10 transcript helped alot; especially with reference to answering the question 'Y that school'.. Which I learnt how to answer by using the tips from this platform. I was advised to answer, stating that I was encouraged to attend a certain school by a graduate from the school who is currently utilizing the skills and knowledge he acquired in Nigeria, secondly I also stated research work that's currently been done in my department and my excitement in been part of that.

Me: Good morning.. . ( passed my passport and i20 already, didn't wait to be asked)
Me: While working as a medical doctor at INEC, I had the privilege of working with the medical director who happens to be an ETSU graduate hence galvanized me to study public health with a concentration in Epidemiology as he has done and contributed significantly to the reduction in the incidence rate of Child health morbidity and morality. He worked with the current Epidemiology HOD at ETSU in a research titled..
Secondly, EtSu is recognized for it's research skills recognized by its collaboration with John Hopkins University in a reaseach aimed at reducing COPD incidence rate.
(at this point, he had already started typing and I guess approving my visa application )
Me: dad, myself, EtSu and a very close family friend who played a vital role in funding my medical school training.

Prior to my interview, he had rejected several peeps and I prayed to God that I shouldnt be sent to him; but hey.. . God took control.
From what I over heard in the denials b4 me, corrections will be; it's better ur sponsor does not currently have a sufficient balance for ur tuition but rather has an active account with money going in and out well than a sudden deposit of money, as 1 of the applicant was questioned for close to 15mins based on a sudden deposit of 19 million naira into her dads account.
Also, try not to repeat the VOs question b4 u answer him/her; rather listen to the question, think about it for a sec, compose urself and then answer strategically ad they may not be willing to listen to all ur reasons so bring the most important 1 first.
Also, don't show any doc if u haven't been asked to show it; it only shows ur nervous.
So when I was asked about who will be my sponsor, I answered and didn't show any bank statement.
Above all, trust God and remain calm, just because the 7 or so peeps that were in front of u were rejected, doesn't mean u will b rejected, as was in my case.
#signing out....

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shabol54(f): 11:13am On Jun 19, 2017
Folsy:

#signing out....
Very short interview, congratulations once again.... ETSU here we come cool grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phdmscbsc: 11:18am On Jun 19, 2017
teamf:

read this

Hello everyone. i saw this thread last week just days before my interview. Was at d embassy on friday 5th December. Here is how it went down.
V0: Hi good morning and smiling to me
Me: Good morning i replied smiling back at her
V0: How was ur nite
Me: It was fine thanks and urs?
V0: It was great.
V0: So ur goin to university of xyz
me: Yes i am for my undergraduate degree in xyz
V0: ok. How did u get to know about the school
me: my professor referred the school to me due to the school 's ongoing research on my field of study and i also went online to research further on the
school (for my mind i knew that was a lie buh anything to make my case look strong would be chipped in)
V0: When did u finish ur secondary education
me: 2006
V0: So wat have u bin doing since then? ( i was prepared for this question since i was going for my 2nd undergraduate degree)
me: Well, i finished my secondary education in 2006, gained admission to a reputable federal university
in d western part of Nigeria also in 2006, graduated in 2011, went for the mandatory national youth service in 2012, finished it in 2013 and started writing my professional exams in my new field.
V0: So you have bin under continuous educational environment since you finished your secondary education in 2006
me: Yes i have
V0: How many schools did you apply to
me: 5 schools
V0: Oh really? Which schools
me: i recited the schools like a poem
V0: So why did you choose this particular school
ME: The school is d best ranked among the 5 schools that i applied to in my field of study and am also particularly interested in the school 's ongoing research in the area of forensic and fraud as it relates to business management and internal control.
V0: Wow. Am impressed. So who is going to sponsor you
me: My dad
V0: what does he do
me: he is a business executive at xyz multinational company in Ogun state
V0: Oh really? **Punches her keyboard for some time**Your going to need this at other stages during your travel and stay in the United States so keep it safe alright***returns my i -20 to me while smiling** and your visa will be ready in... (at this point i wasn't even sure what else she was saying cos of happiness)
me: Ok thanks. i then collected the 2 white papers that she gave me. one was address of pick up location and the other was a flyer on orientation at the embassy for intending students.
NB// i wasn't asked why i wanted to do a second undergraduate degree, or my toefl or ielts or what is the salary of my dad or his bank account or proof of his ability to sponsor me. i believe from the little i saw that embassy must have already made up their minds at least 50% on whether to issue a Visa or not and d interview is just to convince and confirm their initial assessment of the application. However, the most important factor is God. If he says yes, no one can say no. God bless you all. Success to others.

Like seriously...
The Lord shall grant everyone of us looking forward to such testimony. We shall all see favour and get our visa approved in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by align360: 11:21am On Jun 19, 2017
Folsy:

#signing out....

Congrats dear..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by align360: 11:26am On Jun 19, 2017
These testimonies are pointer to the fact that some persons here are rendering selfless service and God Almighty is with US..
To those doing the under ground work(selfless services) God bless and replenish you richly..WATCH OUT FOR MINE SOON!! SPRING '18. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:46am On Jun 19, 2017
Airich01:

I have to say that the people asking those questions don't get the point Bro.... You will have to do research and research and research just to answer a question about your traveling, and besides who wants to go abroad and does not know ivy league? I don't get the point or idea... If they think you, Walspring, LagosismyHome and the rest will do their research they are joking.... I know because that was why I first failed.... Texrem said he was going to check school website for me to help make the point on which I chose my school better... But guess what, he also told me that he was busy... I played dumb and was pressing phone... Lol. I saw the result. If we can't know the school or why we picked them.... Even without visa interview, then there's no point in traveling for studies.

my head has a limited amount of information (many things outside NL school matter dey to think about) , so its really the same hand I use to type in google anyone else can type as well

So much to learn out there once someone starts to research online .......... I recommend everyone to use online info online first before asking for questions here

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by align360: 11:46am On Jun 19, 2017
Emmanuelson:
Good day everyone
Here is my profile :
Ugrad: 3.53/5 ( computer engineering)
GRE: 310(VR150, QR: 160) AW :3
TOELF: 110

I'm applying for Msc computer science spring 2018 at the following schools

Kent state university
Midwestern university
University of Bridgeport
City university of New York new paltz

I'm hoping I can get full funding with this profile from this schools...anyone who can suggest other schools that Can offer full funding with this profile will be really appreciated..

Kindly check your mail and revert back pls ....... i dropped a contact for you to beep. tkns
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by align360: 11:55am On Jun 19, 2017
LagosismyHome:

my head has a limited amount of information (many things outside NL school matter dey to think about grin) , so its really the same hand I use to type in google anyone else can type as well

So much to learn out there once someone starts to research online .......... I recommend everyone to use online info online first before asking for questions here

@ the bolded... grin grin grin grin grin
You are doing a great job.. God will reward you!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.