Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (696284 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 12:41am On Mar 17, 2017
LagosismyHome:

The person just needs to go with his/her passport and go to the airline check in desk .... The airline staff should be able to retrieve the ticket based on the name , check the person in and give a boarding pass .

@bold... With Last name and PNR
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 12:44am On Mar 17, 2017
blacksony:
Abeg anybody wey don visit MMIA lagos. is there a self service check on option at the airport for E-Ticket.
Whats the check in process when one book flight online at Murtala Muhammed Internation Airport (MMIA)?

Check in process is your International passport and flight ticket for both security check and airline check

If you have more than one person accompanying you just make sure they have the own international passport because your passport can only allow one person to follow you inside the airport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 12:47am On Mar 17, 2017
Chinewon88:
Hello guys, does anyone know how to set up a Skype for Business account? I have an interview with my program director in a few days. Guidelines I've seen online hasn't been helpful enough. Anyone, please?

CC Walspring Lagosismyhome Slimmy2005 Mekurexx

Just create Skype account and send your user name to the person to add you or you add the person same procedure for BBM but features differs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 12:48am On Mar 17, 2017
Kevoki:
Good evening all. Pls i want to ask If its possible to get funding after i-20 has been issued.

Thanks for your continued support.
Cc:walspring

Yes and it depend on schools, maybe no funds when it was issued and if funds are available then an updated I20 will be reissue to you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 12:50am On Mar 17, 2017
strictlynaija:
US school give you admission, them never decide funding....abeg that one na admission

Two different office... Just go and chill for now till decision on fund is concluded
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by paulsir: 2:28am On Mar 17, 2017
hello guys, wonderful jobs you are doing here. pls how can i register for GRE and axe the exam once. I will need how to register if it works like ielts and probably practise questions. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mathsquanta: 3:22am On Mar 17, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

Contact slimmy he is our able US thread aboki

Thanks boss. I'd do that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 6:17am On Mar 17, 2017
If you want to pay application fee, please let me know. Not exceeding $65, I'll make the payment here while you pay me in naira. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kevoki(m): 6:56am On Mar 17, 2017
Walspring:

Yes and it depend on schools, maybe no funds when it was issued and if funds are available then an updated I20 will be reissue to you
Thank you so much boss. Meaning I'll apply for scholarship as my program is starting in Oct 2017.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 7:13am On Mar 17, 2017
Hello y'll.. GM

Please does any1 have an idea about pursuing an MPH program at East Tennessee State University in terms of; off campus accommodation and living expenses including how friendly the environment is to foreigners (nigerians in particular) compared to texas that is nigerian predominant?

thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mathsquanta: 7:21am On Mar 17, 2017
Southern Arkansas university fellows, can we talk pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 17, 2017
Folsy:
Hello y'll.. GM

Please does any1 have an idea about pursuing an MPH program at East Tennessee State University in terms of; off campus accommodation and living expenses including how friendly the environment is to foreigners (nigerians in particular) compared to texas that is nigerian predominant?

thanks.
You won't have any problem with any. Accommodation and living expense are cheap. They are very friendly. We have more than 40 Nigerians schooling here, so you won't have a problem spotting one or two person to relate with.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chinewon88(m): 8:02am On Mar 17, 2017
Walspring:

Just create Skype account and send your user name to the person to add you or you add the person same procedure for BBM but features differs

I know and have the normal Skype. I think Skype for Business works differently. It has something to do with Lync and Office 365.
Thanks all the same Slimmy2005 and Walspring.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 9:58am On Mar 17, 2017
really? great!

a rough estimate of an off campus accommodation + feeding per month will be?

do you mind a PC? sent u an email already.

slimmy2005:
You won't have any problem with any. Accommodation and living expense are cheap. They are very friendly. We have more than 40 Nigerians schooling here, so you won't have a problem spotting one or two person to relate with.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kallowdean(m): 10:17am On Mar 17, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 10:24am On Mar 17, 2017
kallowdean:
Gurus in the House, Please advice:

Can I take a Teaching Assistantship Offer without prior experience?
Like if a department if offering one, but you know you've got no teaching experience.
I actually applied for GA.

Please advice further.

Yes you can. There's probability you'll get a brief training before you start teaching and you should be good in few months into teaching. Just take the first step. Teaching experience has to start from somewhere and somehow anyway!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 11:16am On Mar 17, 2017
Good morning house,

I am filling out my DS-160. The part on 'point of contact' in the US, can I use my program co-ordinator for this because I heard that it must be a permanent resident of the US. Please 'house masters', kindly help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by thacokeboy: 1:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
Mathsquanta:
Southern Arkansas university fellows, can we talk pls?
YO seeking admission too?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 17, 2017
Jesusbabygirl:
Good morning house,

I am filling out my DS-160. The part on 'point of contact' in the US, can I use my program co-ordinator for this because I heard that it must be a permanent resident of the US. Please 'house masters', kindly help.
your contact person should be your DSO, the information is contained in your I-20. I mean your international office contact person of your school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 17, 2017
Folsy:

really? great!

a rough estimate of an off campus accommodation + feeding per month will be?

do you mind a PC? sent u an email already.

monthly rent for 2bed room apt maximum won't cost more than $600 monthly. With roomate you get to pay $300. Bills include light and wifi (both wouldn't exceed more than $130 monthly on your part). With $100 you should be fine with feeding. That's all I can offer for now. Can't respond to PMs, I'm busy.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 2:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
slimmy2005:
your contact person should be your DSO, the information is contained in your I-20. I mean your international office contact person of your school
Thank you very much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 2:54pm On Mar 17, 2017
Chinewon88:

I know and have the normal Skype. I think Skype for Business works differently. It has something to do with Lync and Office 365.
Thanks all the same Slimmy2005 and Walspring.

You don't need the whole office365 package anymore (that used to be the case)...Lync is also already obsolete. You just need to download the standalone installer from Microsoft website. Btw..It's used for communication within staff in organisations and usually you need a work domain sign on..your normal Skype user account won't work. You should let whoever is telling you about that that you can't use it, since you don't have a domain account with their organisation.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Beelad(f): 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
Please anyone in Oklahoma state University?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 10:24pm On Mar 17, 2017
thanks alot

slimmy2005:
monthly rent for 2bed room apt maximum won't cost more than $600 monthly. With roomate you get to pay $300. Bills include light and wifi (both wouldn't exceed more than $130 monthly on your part). With $100 you should be fine with feeding. That's all I can offer for now. Can't respond to PMs, I'm busy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 10:34pm On Mar 17, 2017
If you didnt get any scholarship/ fellowship from the school, go ahead and request. Or if you got a small amount you can request for an increase.
I did and got an offer.
We pray those waiting get admissions + funding.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mathsquanta: 10:56pm On Mar 17, 2017
thacokeboy:
YO seeking admission too?
Admission sealed boss. Now trying to do the needful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Abigalbee98(f): 12:19am On Mar 18, 2017
@sirriddy........am very happy for u been in Kansas nw...u finally make it.......my long Tym runaway husband..... its been long we talk......not sure that i still av ur num,will check my phone tho.....how is d weather dere..

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.