Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Religion(christianity And Islam) Sucks. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion(christianity And Islam) Sucks. (557 Views)

Masquerade Converts To Christianity And Becomes An Evangelist In 6 Months(photo) / Religion/christianity Is All About Mind Control. / Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion(christianity And Islam) Sucks. by saintgp(m): 10:37am On Jan 22, 2017
Over a decade now,i have come to realize the rot in religious organization.simply put religion sucks for they play a led role in the current upheavals that nigerians/nigeria as a country is going through.

(1)PRAYER;all my enemies die by fire:
(Relatively)Every church in Nigeria seems to be praying that pray.pastor A and his member will be praying for their enemies who are members of pastor-B's church to die by fire,while pastor-B and his members will be doing thesame thing....i wanna ask:
(a)are they praying to thesame God?
(b)has the part of the bible that admonished Christians to pray for their enemies wishing them WELL been abolished?

(2)ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE:
Immam,alfa and other Islamic scholars keep saying that Islam is a religion of peace yet killings,suicide bombings,militancy etc happens to be the hobbies of its members.
(a)could it be true that they are killing so as to merit 7virgins?
(b)could it be that Islam has metamorphose from religion of peace to that of violence?

(3)RAPE,CHILD ABUSE AND WOMEN MOLESTATION:
Its no longer a surprising news to hear of rape,child abuse and molesting of women by clergy men,alfa,immam,islamic scholars etc..this their nefarious but nebulous acts has cause so much problems in so many families,communities,states and nation at large.as such am move to ask:
(a)could this be people directed by God almighty or possessed humans who have been able to deceive gullible nigerians?
(b)why has "bible"prophecies decide to fulfill in this ugly manner (and in my parochial mind):why fulfil during my time?
(4)RELIGIOUS LEADERS AND POLITICIANS:
Every day we read/watch how somebody(politician(s)) is being accused of embezzling huge amount of money and the next time u see that person on tv/news is in the church or mosque doing thanks giving.at the detriment of the "always suffering and smiling masses".
(a)are these clergy men,lslamic scholars,immam etc leaving in moon so as to say they ain't aware of this politicians that grace their church/mosque's nefarious acts to humanity?
(b)do they even ask them about the source of their wealth,or will it not be logical to conclude that they share in the embezzlement?

(5)SCHOOLS:
About 60% of all the Universities in Nigeria is either owned by church or a clergy man,immam,alhaji.etc.sad enough this universities despite getting a high percentage of its money from members of the church/mosque always place a colossal amount as school fees thereby making it difficult for its poor members to attend.
(a)is their any justifiable reason for that?
(b)is the church/mosque now a business empire?

All these questions not only beg for answers but has pummelled me to conclude that religion is part of our major problem.
Re: Religion(christianity And Islam) Sucks. by Horlufemi(m): 10:43am On Jan 22, 2017
Jesus > Religion (Islam & Christianity)
Re: Religion(christianity And Islam) Sucks. by saintgp(m): 1:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
Horlufemi:
Jesus > Religion (Islam & Christianity)
meaning?
Re: Religion(christianity And Islam) Sucks. by onetrack(m): 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
saintgp:

meaning?

Atheist here. I bet he's going to tell you that following Jesus is not a religion, and that no True Christian would behave like the pastors do these days. Just like Muslims will tell you that Islam is not a religion, it's a way of life.

It's just another way of confusing people by changing definitions of Christianity and Islam, which is what religious people specialize in (confusing people).
Re: Religion(christianity And Islam) Sucks. by saintgp(m): 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2017
onetrack:

Atheist here. I bet he's going to tell you that following Jesus is not a religion, and that no True Christian would behave like the pastors do these days. Just like Muslims will tell you that Islam is not a religion, it's a way of life.

It's just another way of confusing people by changing definitions of Christianity and Islam, which is what religious people specialize in (confusing people).
hmmm

(1) (Reply)

How Curse And Oath Taking Came To Earth / Could The Apostle Suleiman Sex Scandal Be Blackmail? / Do You Need Prayer Partner/ Request?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.