Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Are Curses Effective? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Curses Effective? (12777 Views)

Is 3 O'Clock The Most Effective Hour To Pray?? / Bishop Oyedepo Curses Boko Haram, Miyetti Allah Over Suicide Bomber At Winners / Are Curses Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Curses Effective? by riczy(m): 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
One time oba of Benin kingdom cursed a community I heard till now they ar still hunted!!!
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Nobleking1994(m): 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
Zenlife:
Hi

Good or bad is relative.
But there are general standards that are acceptable all over the world.
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Nobleking1994(m): 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
Zenlife:
Hi

Good or bad is relative.
Re: Are Curses Effective? by FearFactor1: 6:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
KAYD007:

You mess akara wear coat angry

Ur scatter scatter teeth like commando last bullet... lipsrsealed
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:27pm On Jan 22, 2017
angry then why does it seems that your conscience is disturbing you If she took it serious, a simple apology would have solve the whole problem smiley
Adasun:
i was turning akpu for my muma,a lady passed nd call me a lady's name.i took it as a joke nd jokely went nd lock her in the toiletgrin grin

thinking i was playing,after some tym i unluck her laughing bt she took seriously,ranting upon ranting,cursing upon cursing.bt i no send because na play we dey play bfor she take am seriously.undecided undecided

Re: Are Curses Effective? by fowosh: 8:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
lemme ask the government
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Zenlife: 12:04am On Jan 23, 2017
Nobleking1994:

Reall?

Not true.

There's a part of the world that has no affinity of time... 24 hrs clock.

The so called general standards is enslaving.

The white man and his religion continues to take advantage of your disunity and ignorance and you contnously are a sucker for it.
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 23, 2017
Nope
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Nobleking1994(m): 5:42am On Jan 23, 2017
Zenlife:

Reall?

Not true.

There's a part of the world that has no affinity of time... 24 hrs clock.

The so called general standards is enslaving.

The white man and his religion continues to take advantage of your disunity and ignorance and you contnously are a sucker for it.

What I meant by general standards is that no matter your time zone or location is it not acceptable by any religion, culture and values. for example murder, rape, and drug trafficking this actions are not acceptable anywhere .
Likewise love, kindness and generosity are accepted worldwide.
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Zenlife: 8:41am On Jan 23, 2017
Nobleking1994:

What I meant by general standards is that no matter your time zone or location is it not acceptable by any religion, culture and values. for example murder, rape, and drug trafficking this actions are not acceptable anywhere .
Likewise love, kindness and generosity are accepted worldwide.

Many lives have been lost due to love, kindness and generosity.
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Uyi168: 9:45pm On Jan 23, 2017
martineverest:
uyiosa,i greet u
dormo sir..
Re: Are Curses Effective? by martineverest(m): 9:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
Uyi168:
dormo sir..
esan man speaking here
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Uyi168: 9:59pm On Jan 23, 2017
martineverest:
esan man speaking here
its the same thing..we are all edolites..u do undstnd edo lang,dnt u?
Re: Are Curses Effective? by martineverest(m): 10:05pm On Jan 23, 2017
Uyi168:
its the same thing..we are all edolites..u do undstnd edo lang,dnt u?
yes,bro
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Uyi168: 10:33pm On Jan 23, 2017
martineverest:
yes,bro
..naxo baba..
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Collyno82(m): 6:39am On Jan 24, 2017
1stCitizen:
I never believed in curses until I looked at Nigeria from another perspective.

Nigeria is cursed. We pray the most and are very religious yet suffer the most. Kidnapping, rape, corruption, ritual murders, armed robbery, very bad economy,violence inciting imams and Pastors, Ethnic hate, evil citizens and last it is cursed with bad rulers. Shows that the churches and mosques are filled with evil people whose prayers are an abomination to God.

Nigeria is cursed.
Nigeria is not cursed! Ur the cause, we are the cause
Re: Are Curses Effective? by akintom(m): 6:41am On Jan 24, 2017
Copied

Are Curses Real?

A small portion of the enquiries I receive are from distressed visitors, who are convinced someone has cursed them because they’ve had a series of unfortunate events happen to them recently. In this article I want to talk about what curses really are and how they can happen.

Are curses even real? Or are you just paranoid?

First of all, yes, curses are real. People do place them on one another (although it is fairly rare and nowhere near as scary as people tend to think).

In this article, I will talk about some common scenarios of how curses get placed.

What are curses and how do people place them?

Have you ever felt so angry or mistreated by someone that you wanted some kind of revenge? In our darkest moments, we can utter words like ‘I hope he suffers like I have’. Any time we wish ill on another person and when we put energy and emotion behind it (even if it’s only in that moment), that is real curse energy .

Creating curses isn’t rare. After all, people get in conflict with one another, hate one another, have moments of anger and get resentful about things that happen. Curse energy goes out to people. That’s no big deal.

But here’s when it becomes a big deal…
…When the person who has been cursed decides to take on that curse energy into their energy field.

That doesn’t happen that often, but it can happen in one of two ways:

1. When the cursed person feels they deserve the curse because they feel guilty about something.

Here’s an example: let’s say Mary is dating a guy called Rob. They have been in a relationship for six months and Mary is crazy about Rob and Rob seems to be crazy about her. She is convinced that she has found ‘the one’. He seems to feel the same way. Then a few months later by chance she finds out he already has a fiancée and has had one the whole time they were seeing each other. She is gutted, but above all, incredibly angry that he deceived her.

Rob is a bit of a ratbag so although he feels a bit guilty, he doesn’t do much to say sorry. He just disappears off the scene, which makes Mary even angrier. She wants revenge. At her angriest, Mary wishes Rob a very unhappy married life with his fiancée.

Rob feels guilty that he deceived Mary and that he never really apologized to her, and on an unconscious level, accepts the energy of that curse into his energy field.

If he’s very sensitive or perceptive, he may actually have some conscious awareness of having taken the angry curse energy from Mary somehow. He may notice that it is dragging him down a little and he may feel it weighing on him.

His sense of guilt and responsibility for her anger acts as a receptor for the curse energy she sent him.

So that’s one common scenario for curses. There is one more receptor for real curse energy and that is fear.

2. When someone is really scared

Let me give you an example of this:

Let’s say Mary joins an evangelical church that is very controlling. The people in the church want to dictate how she dresses, who she spends time with, the work she does. It’s all a bit cultish. She begins to freak out and decides to leave. The people in the church attempt to re-enlist her in their church, saying that God is angry with her and that she needs to do as they say (this is a true story and actually happened to me. )
The next bit is not a true story though…

Lets say even though Mary is really scared, she decides not to have anything to do with the church again and ignores their calls and invitations. One of them gets angry and asks God to curse her for her sins. God doesn’t oblige so he goes ahead and curses her himself. Mary is at a real all-time low in her life – she is scared of these people, she is vulnerable and her defences are down. She has a panic attack. That fear acts as a receptor for the curse energy because she doesn’t have much control over her own energy field at that moment. The curse energy attaches to her simply because she believes it has real power over her.

That is really the key here – curses can only affect you if you believe they can OR if you believe you deserve the curse.

When You are Probably Not Cursed

Sometimes people write to me because a ‘psychic’ has told them that they have been cursed and that they need to pay a fee to remove it. This happens a lot online, especially when free readings are advertised – you hand over your email address and the person gives you a general cold reading that is sent out to everyone. You think it might be real. Then the intuitive starts to harass you day after day, telling you that you’re cursed and for $50 they’ll remove the curse. These ‘psychics’ aren’t psychic – they’re scammers. This has happened to me online several years ago (I got hounded every day by a psychic who wanted to convince me I was cursed) and it’s what often happens when you enter your email address into a form for a free reading.
Re: Are Curses Effective? by akintom(m): 6:53am On Jan 24, 2017
1. Deliverance from generational curse by preachermen.

2. Cleansing of curse through "rituals" by the alfas, babalawo and all kinds of charlatans.

Are scam, sold on fear and retained on fear.

If you perceived, that the hurt you did someone is hunting you, go meet the folk and apologize.

And if you can't (for obvious reasons. You certainly wouldn't go tell a man that you raced his wife), forgive your stupidity and move on unto good behavior.
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Nobleking1994(m): 7:44pm On Jan 25, 2017
Zenlife:

Many lives have been lost due to love, kindness and generosity.

Does loosing many lives because of generosity, kindness and love means that they are bad?
Explain to me how lives is being lost because of generosity, love and kindness
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Zenlife: 8:35pm On Jan 25, 2017
Nobleking1994:

Does loosing many lives because of generosity, kindness and love means that they are bad?
Explain to me how lives is being lost because of generosity, love and kindness

Poor judgement
Poor assessment
Unguarded trust
Envy of others
Curses....
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 25, 2017
L0velyn:
how effective can a curse be? are curses even real?

Yes very effective especially if there is a reason for it.
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 26, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

Yes very effective especially if there is a reason for it.
ok
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 26, 2017
L0velyn:
ok

You can also easily walk over it if you know some higher truth
Re: Are Curses Effective? by WachsComedy: 12:01am On Jan 31, 2017
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Adasun(m): 1:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
L0velyn:

you are cursed cheesy
heheh na she born me?
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Adasun(m): 1:29pm On Feb 04, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
angry then why does it seems that your conscience is disturbing you If she took it serious, a simple apology would have solve the whole problem smiley
it was clear,it was just a joke play,besides we always play with each other dats all.
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
sad Apologies over what the other party termed seriousness will not reduce you
Adasun:
it was clear,it was just a joke play,besides we always play with each other dats all.
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Adasun(m): 2:13pm On Feb 04, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
sad Apologies over what the other party termed seriousness will not reduce you
i don't blame u,she is a female like u,so y woun't u defend her.

Da suprise dat she was raising her voice on me did nt help matters.
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
Adasun:
i don't blame u,she is a female like u,so y woun't u defend her.

Da suprise dat she was raising her voice on me did nt help matters.
My Dear I don't even know this person angry

Okay let's look at it this way, apologise, you will get her attention, then in the process you will also tell her what she did wrong.

It's a win win situation. You get to have your friend back. Most importantly you will feel at peace.

Okay
Re: Are Curses Effective? by Adasun(m): 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

My Dear I don't even know this person angry

Okay let's look at it this way, apologise, you will get her attention, then in the process you will also tell her what she did wrong.

It's a win win situation. You get to have your friend back. Most importantly you will feel at peace.

Okay
[b]hmmm.......... Now listen.

You had a friend u joke alot with and a faithful day she said something unpleasant to u while going to da toilet.

U knowing hw playful u guys can be decided to play a pranks with her and lock her in da toilet for few miniutes.she started begging u to open da door.after laughing a little u open da toilet and she started ranting.

I felt suprise at first,ar u taking it to heart

Is she my mate,she had heard dat am wicked bt never knew(dis one pain me die,just dat word "wicked"wink.i will c,i will cum nd beg her one day because of what i did.

I never xpect her to rant like dat,nd base on hw far we have been as neigbour.some word no mata hw angry u ar shouldn't be use on some people.

Am nt saying dis to you to gain anything because u don't add or take anything frm me but knw dis.

Dat word "wicked" nah nah nah.

She tried to cum around,acting friendly,bt am off her already.nd dat thing really teach me some lesson.:minimize hw u play with any lady,they want a hard steel personality,dat way u wil be celebrated.

Know dis,i never took dat word or curse into heart,because it aren't doing anything to me.dat was when i was 17 or so.
[/b]
Re: Are Curses Effective? by TheAviator: 5:06am On Dec 25, 2019
Shortyy:
if your mother or father or an elderly curses you, you are done for.

Please, I would like to ask you some questions with regard to this point you made. Can I DM you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Hack The Church To Manifest Your Desires! / TB Joshua’s SCOAN Must Face Trial – Court Rules / Church Robbers Beg God For Forgiveness In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.