Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,168 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities (47235 Views)

Non-academic staff begin Protests, Fresh strike looms in Nigeria Universities / Aspirate Of Unilorin From Ondo State / Ekiti State Students Survive Accident While Returning From Academic Trip. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by lexy2014: 10:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
lagosrd:

Its a public place now and anytime I have anything to do in that cesspit called school o just pity all the Innocent academic prisoners. Even the zoo is located right on the entrance of the school gate as if it's not part of the school map. Fuel station babu. Thy started build operate and transfer and look at the result nobody seems interested. Employing indigines that are not competent and sometimes lecturers that want to sleep with their students by all means. Yeye gathering.
u seem really pained about something. What exactly is d issue. Even Hillary Clinton didn't feel this bad when she lost to Donald trump

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by proudlyYoruba(m): 10:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
Neyoor:

Yes o. It was Non-academic Staff's strike last week and I enjoyed the few days at home.
when we do test. Some lecturers mad gan.
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
Airoflaw:
you sure said you dey school.. dem no tell you say una dey take lecture...abi you don face tanke

No be only Tanke I face na Eyenkorin wink cheesy we do have our classes in the Lab and since the NASU people don lock the Lab na voluntary holiday for us tongue tongue.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
proudlyYoruba:
when we do test. Some lecturers mad gan.

Lol! Our own test na this week
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by proudlyYoruba(m): 10:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
Mouthgag:
Very good development

That unilorin is a very useless school. They should shut down the stupid school completely. Their bigotry is overwhelming. They don't give admissions to non-indigenes "except"... It's worse for staff and non-Muslims.
Useless school.
I don't know how many times u have tried unilorin. I am not mocking the fact is every uni has its catchment zone which means unilorin's own is north central which is kwara situated in the north central pre dominantly dominated by muslims. So, wen get in there u will see igbos and non muslims there. Moreover connection is very important.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by ekele1(m): 10:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hmm

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by usj(m): 10:16pm On Jan 22, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by rowbee(m): 10:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
DrOluwatobhy:
The quote "Think before you talk" should always be noted.
he's actually very correct. Do you think any university can survive alone? Take your own advice bro
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by rowbee(m): 10:24pm On Jan 22, 2017
piagetskinner:
But who the hell is ASUU to ban unilorin from academic activities....? Unilorin never gave a hoot about them for the past 16 years, even though it cost some few good eggs their jobs.
And this wouldn't be any different...
ASUU asked it's members not to have anything to do with UNILORIN. You guys will keep operating as an island. Now, UNILORIN is a good school but we all know how important interactions are to higher institutions. Staying as an island will invariably bring UNILORIN down. I'm just sad for my homie there sha. cry cry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Matthew4sure(m): 10:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
ASUU you better forgive them o before they will islamise the school ehen.
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
HCF:
Does ASUU have the legal right to impose those sanctions?. I think NUC as a regulatory body is in a better position to do that. Besides, Unilorin still has a choice-they can make use of Academics in private universities
ASUU does not have the legal right but they do have leverage because ASUU is somewhat a cabal and they could very well unite to try and hurt Unilorin. However, could still tilt towards private unis like CU, ABUAD for peer review and research collaborations
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by tosingcfr(m): 10:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
It's obvious many of the students commenting do not know the implications of these sanctions if truly they can be effected by ASUU. Ask your lecturers,they know better. Part of it is that it means no promotion for many of them cos they won't have the chance to write in many local journals and they will also need to get senior lecturers from other countries for the post graduate defense of the PG students and even external assessment for professorial cadre

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
olasaad:

And what are the implications oo? And also remember to add the impact of the ASUU strikes on the affected schools.
For a starter unilorin may not be able to promote its qualified staff members to the professorial cadre. The lecturers won't be able to collaborate with other Unis to produce highly impactful journals, peer review becomes difficult. Basically, they are trying to ostracize unilorin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by DrOluwatobhy(m): 10:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
234ng44uk:

What! It's your miserable father in that God forsaken cocoa plantation that doesn't think before he talks. It would have been better that you were aborted than become what you are, plus one mouth to feed. I'm sure your father keeps telling you that.
Sorry it was just an advice.ko ye kaja.
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by tosingcfr(m): 10:55pm On Jan 22, 2017
Statsocial:

For a starter unilorin may not be able to promote its qualified staff members to the professorial cadre. The lecturers won't be able to collaborate with other Unis to produce highly impactful journals, peer review becomes difficult. Basically, they are trying to ostracize unilorin

Exactly, many of the undergraduates don't know. The post graduate students will know better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by femidejulius(m): 10:55pm On Jan 22, 2017
kalindaminda:

Lol sorry you didn't get admission eeyah

Lol! Sorry. You weren't offered admission. Eeyah.

Dude, they didn't teach you punctuation in high school? You are the same with the guy whose faults you pointed out
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by khristal87(m): 10:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
Undergraduate students ll b shouting ASUU leave us alone, d postgraduate school ll suffer heavy blow.......u may nt understand d implications nw

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 22, 2017
femidejulius:

Lol! Sorry. You weren't offered admission. Eeyah.

Dude, they didn't teach you punctuation in high school? You are the same with the guy whose faults you pointed out

Lol is an English word now? L.O.L. Hahahaha. Ok.
You tried
Continue
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by tosingcfr(m): 11:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
khristal87:
Undergraduate students ll b shouting ASUU leave us alone, d postgraduate school ll suffer heavy blow.......u may nt understand d implications nw

Maybe the external supervisors will be coming from Neighboring countries. LOL.
That's exactly my point, the post graduate students and the Associate Professors will feel it more.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by piagetskinner(m): 11:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
rowbee:
ASUU asked it's members not to have anything to do with UNILORIN. You guys will keep operating as an island. Now, UNILORIN is a good school but we all know how important interactions are to higher institutions. Staying as an island will invariably bring UNILORIN down. I'm just sad for my homie there sha. cry cry[color=#990000][/color]
I don't really see how that affects me personally...it has been my alma mata for a while now Bsc nd Msc. I'm just concerned about my contacts over there. I just hope this doesn't become the Achilles' heel of that remarkable institution.
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by 1stdammy: 11:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
Statsocial:
They should resolve it quickly. Those sanctions can hurt Unilorin badly on university rankings.
O boy, I dey teeeeell U. This is heavy!!!. Unilorin gat no choice on this.
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by rotexteymie(f): 11:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
Neyoor:

Yes o. It was Non-academic Staff's strike last week and I enjoyed the few days at home.
l.. there was lecture through out last week shocked shocked
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by 1stdammy: 11:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
khristal87:
Leave them, don't know why Unilorin is that sturbon. Since 2001 faa........but i gusse this one is heavy this time around, dem no fit carry this one for head else won maa pa lori mehn.
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by rotexteymie(f): 11:21pm On Jan 22, 2017
Debikanty:
Poor school, full with aboki
Where are you from??
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by SMREXY(m): 11:24pm On Jan 22, 2017
Baseema:
ASUU should leave my Alma mater alone.

it is not by force to join undecided
At times I do wish all universities could be like Unilorin, but guess what... the standard of tertiary education system in Nigeria would have been just 10% of what is left.
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by 1stdammy: 11:25pm On Jan 22, 2017
Statsocial:

In summary, won ti pa won lapa saye.........lol

1 Like

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by sexyellency(m): 11:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
kalindaminda:

Lecturer? With this English? Hahahahaha

Me just dey pity his students faa... he thought unilorin will employ him with all the bombs in his letter for employment? so he can bomb the whole school.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
Matthew4sure:
ASUU you better forgive them o before they will islamise the school ehen.
Hahaaaaaaa.we not forgive them .after our last meeting in Bayero University kano, we have resolve to deal with them.hahaaaaaa
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by abdulkabirO(m): 11:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
Mouthgag:
Very good development

That unilorin is a very useless school. They should shut down the stupid school completely. Their bigotry is overwhelming. They don't give admissions to non-indigenes "except"... It's worse for staff and non-Muslims.
Useless school.
you are a big fool,how come you just come on social media to say just what you feel like saying,any small thing you people will bring religion into it,
back to your baseless point,every school has their own way of giving admission,you dont expect UNIZIK to give an osun indigene admission b4 any enegu citizens or even any eastern state,more so this is ilorin where christians re even no where to be found in their history,infact our current SU president is a christians,so pls if this can happen in a city dominated by muslims what else do u want,i knew how ibos treat muslims in the east,take religion outta it abeeg

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by khristal87(m): 11:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
1stdammy:
Leave them, don't know why Unilorin is that sturbon. Since 2001 faa........but i gusse this one is heavy this time around, dem no fit carry this one for head else won maa pa lori mehn.
Internal politics in dt skul s too mch...i support assu 100pacent
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by freethinker01: 11:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
kalindaminda:

Indeed. And yet those of us who are not "lecturers" don't find it difficult to write correctly without cracking our brains grin
when did your brain turn to walnut or coconut that you're cracking it You rather wrack your brain. cool
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Temysteve(m): 12:02am On Jan 23, 2017
Efriday1:
Yes. Better by far my a$$ grin
Wow! Can't believe it. I just hit FP.
you pple don' av respect for #ConstitutedAuthority. Anyway, go beg Ajimobi if u want ur sch to be re-open.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where To Download Textbooks Pdf/ebooks / Ikechukwu Nwachukwu Dikko Wins US President's Award, Gets Letter From Trump / Benjamin Ola. Akande Appointed As President Of Champlain College In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.