Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities (47241 Views)

Non-academic staff begin Protests, Fresh strike looms in Nigeria Universities / Aspirate Of Unilorin From Ondo State / Ekiti State Students Survive Accident While Returning From Academic Trip. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by April4(f): 12:11am On Jan 23, 2017
MrOra:
ASUU should leave us alone.. If you read it well you'll see that it is the money Unilorin is not paying them that is paining them
hmmm
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Aydesmond(m): 12:16am On Jan 23, 2017
Mouthgag:
Very good development

That unilorin is a very useless school. They should shut down the stupid school completely. Their bigotry is overwhelming. They don't give admissions to non-indigenes "except"... It's worse for staff and non-Muslims.
Useless school.
Hiyaaaaa Unilorin make una cun give this guy admission ooo.....lwkmd....maybe because u didnt pass ur jamb well.....or maybe na 4 sitting you dey use.....am from ondo state and i didnt know anybody there wen i wrote the post utme and i was admitted ...goan read for jamb ehn, score 264 and ey will admit you lmao

abeg make una no strike ooo....i only av few months to go....ah must convocate this october

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Aydesmond(m): 12:20am On Jan 23, 2017
lagosrd:

Why won't you like it like that since you're part of the problem. A school where students are treated like trash and the security men harasses students anyhow even at times mistakenly harass visitors. A university where the rules of coming in for a post graduate program changes without prior knowledge or refund or apology. A school where students graduates without morals and proper gender interaction . A religiously nepotic university where religion and indigineship comes before common sense. That is just the beginning you never see anything.
some people sha want to talk....lmao....this guyz sound like person wey face tanke wen hin dey unilorin.....i dont know people with religion in ilorin...if u wan go christian sch den choose bowen O DE

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Aydesmond(m): 12:22am On Jan 23, 2017
Musty856:
Unilorin used to be great, but these days, they love money more than anything (scammers) I think they deserve whatever shit they get. Unilorin cant even keep up on its ranking any more... Too busy looking for more ways to get money from students.
Som1 shud come and give this guy a TABLET.....lwkmd paying 14K as school fees and u talk say em like money......next time eat b4 u type ehn...PADI MI....NO OFFENCE OOO

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Raheemzee(m): 12:29am On Jan 23, 2017
A.B.U, Naturally Ahead!!
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Akjwyzepal(m): 1:00am On Jan 23, 2017
Glorified secondary school. Producing half baked graduates. Very tribalistic school, only filled with Muslim and indegenes. The worst federal university so far in terms of admission process. The school website has been hacked times without number. Imagine them they use joomla web installer. Very poor school I pity the potential half baked undergraduate and graduates of this glorious secondary school.
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Mouthgag: 1:04am On Jan 23, 2017
abdulkabirO:

you are a big fool,how come you just come on social media to say just what you feel like saying,any small thing you people will bring religion into it,
back to your baseless point,every school has their own way of giving admission,you dont expect UNIZIK to give an osun indigene admission b4 any enegu citizens or even any eastern state,more so this is ilorin where christians re even no where to be found in their history,infact our current SU president is a christians,so pls if this can happen in a city dominated by muslims what else do u want,i knew how ibos treat muslims in the east,take religion outta it abeeg
Your father is a big fool
Your mother is a whôre
You're a bastard retârd
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Jammiiee(m): 1:16am On Jan 23, 2017
Left
olasaad:
Lol ASUU and threats all the time. Is high time ASUU leave Unilorin alone. we like it this way than to join ur association
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Jammiiee(m): 2:08am On Jan 23, 2017
Racking , u don't crack ur brain, else it will scatter. It's not nuts angry angry
kalindaminda:

Indeed. And yet those of us who are not "lecturers" don't find it difficult to write correctly without cracking our brains grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Nobody: 2:22am On Jan 23, 2017
freethinker01:
when did your brain turn to walnut or coconut that you're cracking it You rather wrack your brain. cool
Jammiiee:
Racking , u don't crack ur brain, else it will scatter. It's not nuts angry angry

sorry try again

1 Like

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by dfrost: 4:47am On Jan 23, 2017
saqo:
All I smell here is jealousy.

Really? So UI, UNILAG are jealous of UNILORIN too?cheesy grin
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by olasaad(f): 5:54am On Jan 23, 2017
Statsocial:

For a starter unilorin may not be able to promote its qualified staff members to the professorial cadre. The lecturers won't be able to collaborate with other Unis to produce highly impactful journals, peer review becomes difficult. Basically, they are trying to ostracize unilorin

don't mind them all this thing is just in writing. do you know Some lecturers from other universities are eager to work in unilorin and tell me why they we not help with all this ur point.

See ASUU are just being selfish and all they know is there interest they never care about the affected students. Because I still don't know why they don't mediates when there is internal crisis in the members school. Take LAUTECH for example and they called themselves a union. Oga is high time we call a spade a spade and stop claiming ASUU was right all the time.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by deejaysoft: 6:13am On Jan 23, 2017
dey shud ban unilag too...so management will bring back ulsu
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Olarajee(m): 6:19am On Jan 23, 2017
Mouthgag:
Very good development

That unilorin is a very useless school. They should shut down the stupid school completely. Their bigotry is overwhelming. They don't give admissions to non-indigenes "except"... It's worse for staff and non-Muslims.
Useless school.

Why have you let hatred to consume you this much? You think the ASUU issue started today? They keep recycling their threats and bans every other year whilst we've been soaring higher.

Go learn to pass exams properly if you wan enter Unilorin by force. If you're not good enough don't result to blackmailing. Pele

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Olarajee(m): 6:21am On Jan 23, 2017
National ASUU and their sanction sha. Let them tell the world why they turned down every genuine efforts made by people elected Exco on ground to ensure reconciliation. Let them tell the world why they resorted to gangsterism by attacking academics from unilorin whenever these individuals go out to other universities for non-union related activities when they know sanction is there. Let them tell the world why they accept assessment verdict of Unilorin profs when it comes to their promotion instead of sanctioning those assessor and by extension their own promotion. Let them tell the world why they are sending their children and wards to study here because of our stable academic calendar instead of encouraging them to reap the fruits of their unnecessary strikes in some occasions? Let them tell the world why it must be ASUU Exco populated by individuals who were not here when the 2001 crisis was on as against the other populated people with undiluted knowledge of the struggle.

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Mouthgag: 6:22am On Jan 23, 2017
Olarajee:

Why have you let hatred to consume you this much? You think the ASUU issue started today? They keep recycling their threats and bans every other year whilst we've been soaring higher.

Go learn to pass exams properly if you wan enter Unilorin by force. If you're not good enough don't result to blackmailing. Pele
Weyrey
I teach in a federal government university...
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by chiefoluigwe(m): 6:32am On Jan 23, 2017
It is just because UNILORIN has refused to join ASUU

1 Like

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by saqo(m): 6:46am On Jan 23, 2017
Olarajee:
National ASUU and their sanction sha. Let them tell the world why they turned down every genuine efforts made by people elected Exco on ground to ensure reconciliation. Let them tell the world why they resorted to gangsterism by attacking academics from unilorin whenever these individuals go out to other universities for non-union related activities when they know sanction is there. Let them tell the world why they accept assessment verdict of Unilorin profs when it comes to their promotion instead of sanctioning those assessor and by
extension their own promotion. Let them tell the world why they are sending their children and wards to study here because of our stable academic calendar instead of encouraging them to reap the fruits of their unnecessary strikes in some occasions? Let them tell the world why it must be ASUU Exco populated by individuals who were not here when the 2001 crisis was on as against the other populated people with undiluted knowledge of the struggle.
Pls ask them o

1 Like

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by timmykaydude: 7:04am On Jan 23, 2017
olasaad:

Lol. Why h8t. are u from LAUTECH
well done,kontinue.
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Oluwaremythe(m): 7:37am On Jan 23, 2017
INTERMAN:
LOL UNILORIN THE BETRAYER

grin unilorin d snitch

1 Like

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by olasaad(f): 7:51am On Jan 23, 2017
Mouthgag:

Weyrey
I teach in a federal government university...

Oga teacher which one is weyrey here. So this is how you talk to ur students. That is the doctrinal most of u that doesn't attend unilorin lack
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Olarajee(m): 9:23am On Jan 23, 2017
Experience from previous uncountable sanctions shows that they are usually the first people to violate the sanctions.

Very soon you will be seeing them on our campus begging for sabbatical leaves, attending conferences, admission placement for their children etc.

*Who no like good thing?*

1 Like

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Olarajee(m): 9:30am On Jan 23, 2017
In 2001 when they first came with their sanctions, they told Nigerians that Unilorin certificates would not be recognised. ...that our exams were not moderated.

Little they know that their members who saw nothing wrong with Unilorin came from UI, OAU, LAG,BUK,PHC,ABU, UNIBEN,ZIK,UDUS, etc moderated the exams. Interesting we saw many of their children and wives that wrote the exams. Are they not using the certificates?

*Where are the sanctions?*

1 Like

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by abdulmalik3(m): 10:55am On Jan 23, 2017
Mouthgag:
Very good development

Useless school.
it will be better to write another jamb rather than condemning unilorin,you can hardly see 4 indigene in 10 of unilorin student...you have no point.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by navite: 12:30pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hahahaha. Yes o Unilorin doesn't give admission to potential dull students!!!
kalindaminda:

Lol sorry you didn't get admission eeyah

1 Like

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by lagosrd: 12:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
Aydesmond:

some people sha want to talk....lmao....this guyz sound like person wey face tanke wen hin dey unilorin.....i dont know people with religion in ilorin...if u wan go christian sch den choose bowen O DE

I don't insult you hear. I graduated even before your finished primary school and am living fine. I attended a university and what you did I think should be called a post secondary school boarding facility.
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 23, 2017
rotexteymie:

l.. there was lecture through out last week shocked shocked

Yes for ur dept but those in life sciences and in higher levels whose lectures do take place in the lab would relate with what I'm saying. Don't tell me you don't know that all the Labs and libraries in the school were closed during the Nasu strike

1 Like

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Scholar01: 7:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
This thread dry like an about-to-be-raped-puccy
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Dhoneymix(m): 9:59pm On Jan 23, 2017
People wey sabi as e dey go with ASUU and unilorin dey watch as una dey comment. Dem just dey observe!
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by rotexteymie(f): 11:38pm On Jan 23, 2017
Neyoor:

Yes for ur dept but those in life sciences and in higher levels whose lectures do take place in the lab would relate with what I'm saying. Don't tell me you don't know that all the Labs and libraries in the school were closed during the Nasu strike

grin grin grin bros don't para now...... I also didn't want to attend lectures and I wish it happened like that in my department.. But funny enough all my lectures held last week
Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Ubermind: 6:37am On Jan 24, 2017
UNILORIN should understand that it won't enjoy support from an Association its not part of. What ASSU did is completely normal.
The problem is that there is too many influence in the school from federal politicians. Hence, they control what happens in the school. Leaving some of the staffs at the mercy of some politicians.
Not joining ASUU means they are satisfied with the educational state of Nigeria and want no development that can foster development. E.g through increase in grants for research, improvent in learning environment, increase in salaries of lecturers, e.t.c.
UNILORIN is no doubt a good school (Not the best in the country though). I hope people taking sides with UNILORIN can understand this.
#justsaying #myobservation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 24, 2017
rotexteymie:

grin grin grin bros don't para now...... I also didn't want to attend lectures and I wish it happened like that in my department.. But funny enough all my lectures held last week

Lol! Lazy geh tongue I'm not para-ing jur. Which dept r u?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Words You’d Find In Both The Igbo And Yoruba Languages, But Different Meaning / Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation / Ayodele Dada Honoured By House Of Reps (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.