Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,979 members, 7,956,656 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:22 PM

Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? (18950 Views)

Poll: Can you marry a woman who used to be a prostitute?

Yes, maybe, it depends.: 60% (68 votes)
Over my dead body!!: 39% (44 votes)
This poll has ended

"My Wife Is A Prostitute" - Husband / My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell / Please Help!!! My Aunt Is Becoming A Prostitute In Her Husband House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 14, 2007
Can You Marry A Repented Prostitute?

Can you walk down the aisle with a self confessed and repented aristo? Men! I'm seeing this shit rearing its ugly head before me. Even if I forrgive her for Love's sake, will my parents and entire extended family forgive her?
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by deguy1(f): 4:07pm On Jan 15, 2007
Who is talking abt ur family here? in love u dont see ur family, but what will make u happy for the rest of ur life, nt what will make ur family happy, because ur family wit nt stay wit u wife,
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by naijacutee(f): 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2007
Behold, if any man [or prostitute] be in Christ, old things are passed away and all things are made new. If God can forgive her, why can't you/your family/friends?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by prinzgeini(m): 4:16pm On Jan 15, 2007
naijacutee:

Behold, if any man [or prostitute] be in Christ, old things are passed away and all things are made new. If God can forgive her, why can't you/your family/friends?

r u a repented prostitute? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 16, 2007
@ prizgeini

prinzgeini:

You harsh no be small, take am easy abeg, na new year be dis.
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by Busta(f): 3:01pm On Jan 16, 2007
at least the prostitute is repented. Good enuff.
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by Radiant(f): 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2007
prinzgeini:

This is why I hate Nairalanders sometimes. What gives you the impression that Naijacutie is an ex-pros from her post? She gave her simple and very honest reply. Why would you lousy Perro draw up such a lame conclusion in ya brain-dead head and ask her that stupid question? Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by mamaput(f): 4:11pm On Jan 16, 2007
Hiss
Radiant:

This is why I hate Nairalanders sometimes. What gives you the impression that Naijacutie is an ex-pros from her post? She gave her simple and very honest reply. Why would you lousy Perro draw up such a lame conclusion in ya brain-dead head and ask her that stupid question? Nonsense!

i second that
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by mrpataki(m): 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2007
Some peeps just know how to make a thread highly un-interesting!

Imagine asking are you a repented prostitute? Very lame mind!

Well i can marry her but there will have to be a lot that goes along with it.
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by otoidea(m): 4:21pm On Jan 16, 2007
look on the bright side, sheld have enuf sexperience grin
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by prinzgeini(m): 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2007
mrpataki:

Some peeps just know how to make a thread highly un-interesting!

Imagine asking are you a repented prostitute? Very lame mind!

Well i can marry her but there will have to be a lot that goes along with it.

mann ur just trying to impress the ladie's mann
that's not 2 gud 4 a real man think mann
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by ikamefa(f): 8:06pm On Jan 16, 2007
" grin " subscribing cheesy
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 17, 2007
@ posters
please no war. let's revert to the status quo. What if she is tempted again! Once a soldier, always a soldier.
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by McKren(m): 1:49pm On Jan 17, 2007
prinzgeini:

prinzgeini:

Hey lady what's your stress
see
listen up
every naira lander's hav a right to say , wht eva don't let us hav a beef
i don't beef ladie's

not sure this forum was designed for people to abuse others. How does what naijacutee said demand the sort of reply you gave. That is the most uncooked question I have seen a guy ask a lady in most recent times and I think you should bury your head in shame.

@fynewaka
I have seen just two of your threads and both have to do with prostitute, can you please shed more light on the motivation behind that.
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by Easyy(m): 2:36pm On Jan 17, 2007
I could never consider marrying ANY prostitute; repented or not, but then that the me.

Old boy, I no fit advise you to marry ashewo wey uncountable men don mount o shocked
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by fellow(m): 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2007
well a repented prostitute!!!!!!!! Wonders shall never end with all this so called grammar. For me its no. I was at a place one day and a guy walked in so sad. He was like guys you need to witness what happened at the wedding i went to today.
He was like at the wedding, when it was the turn of the hubby and the wifey to kiss each other, one of the guys he was sitting beside told the second one
"you know i have slept with that girl 4 or 5 times", of which the second one replied him saying "oh i thought i was the only one that did that".
And before you could say JACK ROBINSON 6 different guys confessed to have slept with the girl and this was been talked about on her wedding day.Imagine been a laughing stock of the society

HAI

I would not want that to happen to me so i say no to "AS YOU GUYS SAID IT" a repented prostitute
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by Onyibaby(f): 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2007
Yes am a girl, but would not advice my brother to marry such, tho i would be happy for the lady that she no longer do such. men with all the diseases, no way
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by naijacutee(f): 5:10pm On Jan 17, 2007
prinzgeini:

Oh, sorry man. I logged in a bit late. Even if I was a repented prostitute, would you be any better than me?
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by debosky(m): 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2007
@ fellow

do you think it would also be a shame if 6 girls said they had slept with the groom? I doubt it,

and that smacks of a lil double standard to me: men are allowed to be promiscuous while women are not? probably for another thread

anyways, back to topic can i marry a repented prostitute? before it gets to marriage stage, I must love her, and If I love her, then yes i can marry her. No doubt some issues and complications will need taking care of, but once we agree on the main things, then I dont see the barrier. Many people who aren't called 'prostitutes' have done worse things, so as long as it is true repentance, carry go!
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2007
OK!ok o!!Unh!Unh,unh!!EH!!!Eh,eh! OK oooooooooooooooo ooooo o
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 17, 2007
OK!ok o!!Unh!Unh,unh!!EH!!!Eh,eh! OK oooooooooooooooo ooooo o!!!!!!!REPENTED?PROSTITUTE??
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by fellow(m): 6:19pm On Jan 17, 2007
debosky:

@ fellow

do you think it would also be a shame if 6 girls said they had slept with the groom? I doubt it,

and that smacks of a lil double standard to me: men are allowed to be promiscuous while women are not? probably for another thread

Well i think for a man, society allows it though it is uncalled for. But for a lady i think its frowned at. Imagine if the hubby had overheard those guys talking about his wife (not even girlfriend), i think that would have been the end of the marriage, don't you think so?

To your other topic, well i think it would be a nice thing to talk about and i look forward to it.
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by mrpataki(m): 7:21pm On Jan 17, 2007
@ fynewaka,
I thought you lived a life of war grin grin grin grin grin grin

At the other guy,
Which girl do i want to be a ladies man for here?
So saying my mind means am seeking for attention from a lady

Sorry everyone can't reason in a demented manner as you!
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by naijacutee(f): 8:20pm On Jan 17, 2007
fellow:

Well i think for a man, society allows it though it is uncalled for. But for a lady i think its frowned at. Imagine if the hubby had overheard those guys talking about his wife (not even girlfriend), i think that would have been the end of the marriage, don't you think so?

To your other topic, well i think it would be a nice thing to talk about and i look forward to it.

. . . Which is why HIV will not go away. See : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-35765.0.html
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by Easyy(m): 11:05pm On Jan 17, 2007
naijacutee:

. . . Which is why HIV will not go away. See : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-35765.0.html

So it's only promiscuous men who spread HIV? 
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by debosky(m): 11:07pm On Jan 17, 2007
thanks naijacutee,

in this day and age we need to properly define what being a 'real man' means,

and its not sticking your junior anywhere it will be accepted, or talking trash about other people like a certain prinzestupid did a few posts back! angry

@easy in Africa (the most endemic place for HIV) women have little or no sexual rights, so the men decide who they sleep with and when. so in a manner of speaking YES!! Men are by far the largest cause of the spread of HIV.
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by Easyy(m): 11:13pm On Jan 17, 2007
debosky:

thanks naijacutee,

in this day and age we need to properly define what being a 'real man' means,

and its not sticking your junior anywhere it will be accepted, or talking trash about other people like a certain prinzestupid did a few posts back! angry

@easy in Africa (the most endemic place for HIV) women have little or no sexual rights, so the men decide who they sleep with and when. so in a manner of speaking YES!! Men are by far the largest cause of the spread of HIV.

The largest cause; NOT the reason HIV will not go away
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by debosky(m): 11:36pm On Jan 17, 2007
largest cause = reason it will not go away

IF the so called 'men' refuse to change their ways it WILL NOT go away, it will only get worse.

we are digressing anyways, back to topic!
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by LadyT(f): 12:46am On Jan 18, 2007
Wait a second.

What is the difference between a girl who sleeps with men for money and a guy who does it for fun
At least the girl is paid for it

Why can men do it and get away with it.

As far as I am concerned they are both prostitutes. Bad situations make people do things. I think you must be desperate or plain greedy to sleep with any nonesense that gives you the eye. Its a disgusting profession (all sorts of men different shapes and sizes and smells poking you sad) and anyone who turns away from it should be praised not blasted.

Men are sexual preditors they made a market for prostitutes yet they are the first to say they would not marry one but you would f**k one.

Baba nla nonsense
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by Olufidu(m): 1:11am On Jan 18, 2007
. . . difficult but not impossible!!!

just need to stand up to your decision wink
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by ninelives(m): 2:16am On Jan 18, 2007
men God forbid but if i were in the hubby's shoes i'll go ahead with the wedding and act like nothing happened.then i figure out a way to pay her back
Re: Can You Marry A Former Prostitute? by Bulga(m): 2:42am On Jan 18, 2007
@ fynewaka
I know what I want in life and the kind of upbringing I would like to give my kids. I won't befriend any chick I know that she is or was a prostitute talkless of marrying one. I don't care about repentance this time and I don't want to know what forced the person into the dirty business. The worst mistake one can make is to marry out of pity. I have no cogent reason to marry someone who carries such a stigma when there are so many chicks on earth. I am fully aware that nothing is perfect, but I will do my best to find myself a decent girl. Tell me, who doesn't like decency?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Getting Married Without A Job / Who Is The Head Of The Family? Husband, Wife Or Both / Who Is A Responsible Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.