Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. (4203 Views)

Reasons Why A Lot Of Ladies Who Seek To Marry Still Remain Single / Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single. / Matured Woman Are Better Then The Younger Girls In A Relationship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:03am On Nov 29, 2009
is this your cheap way of getting back at me?
oh please!
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by brooklyn99: 7:06am On Nov 29, 2009
lol. yes. cus u an annoyn cunt!!! geez, do u ever leave ur computer? i bet u fat as Bleep!!! if u in NY lemme know. i knw some dudes who got a fetish for fat hos.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by bufflevy: 7:18am On Nov 29, 2009
the real reason  black men date white women is because they are easy, cheap and goes with anything as compared to black women. no matter how ugly black woman is, she value herself. she doesn't just throw her self cheaply at guys, we know what we want, that is why a lot of people called black women loud and strong. we are not loud, we just know what we want and men do not take us for a bow ride, as a result, black men have look for at alternative, white women give them sex easily, and as we all know our black men like to act like GOD  they like to be in control, and white women are easily control. poster I think you may like to take some note down  [quote][/quote]

yeah right,dont decieve your self nene like black women are queen of virtue and all bull shit.The difference between blacks(especially naija) and white girl when you talk of sex is that blacks dont give sex for the sake of pleasure or love white girls ,they believe it is their bargaining power and  they must be something to gain something first .And most of the time ,it isnt love so don't start getting all worked up about virtue and shit.Naija girls are as loose and as can do even nastier things to men in the bedroom, if there are mostly financial or some other material benefits .its very rare to see a naija girl give it up for just love ,it happens but it is rare and so  pls tell me who is  worse , girl who give it for love or girl who give it up for money or connection/prestige etc.White women on the other hand like women of all races have the tendency to be materialistic,I agree but not as much as black (naija) women.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by martin1(m): 10:39am On Nov 29, 2009
white/black wahala--i believe there r more single white women than black women.
white women relationship don't last--they fall out easily
truth be told,if not 4 kpali,most africans will not be with whites.
i could go on and on,but i believe we all know wetin dey.
forget other people's wahala. . . hook up with ur choice.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by bridget007(f): 10:55am On Nov 29, 2009
OMG, what stupid stereotypes there are about white women, I am one and I am not cheap, easy, stupid, ugly or fat. I am a beautiful, curvy in the right places, PHD holding, FT working, self respecting mother and white woman. I have never slept around and wouldn't and expect a man to treat me right and he'll get treated right in return.

I was in a relationship with a nigerian and I'm not stereotyping across all africans or nigerians, he treated me well to begin but then as soon as we decided to settle down, get married and have a child he changed. He wanted a subserviant woman, cooking, cleaning, caring for kids, working FT and with the attutude what's his is his and whats mine is his too-he cheated, abused me, deprived me of sex, didn't financially contribute and became the coldest human being possible. He got another woman pregnant, who probably was the type of white woman you talk of seeing as she was pregnant within 2 week of meeting him-if a woman doesn't use condoms when she first sees someone in my book I would class her as a LovePeddler!

I learnt how to cook nigerian food, watched nollywood films with him, welcomed his friends, had his mother stay with us and looked after her, did all I could to please him, nothing I did was ever good enough and he would always say anyother ex GF would take him back like that, apparently the woman who had his baby was an ex friend!!! who he slept with after we had a fall out, seems like she wanted a mixed race baby from him and organised it well,

Anyway, this white woman may feel like an idiot in believing in him but it hasn't killed me or changed the person I am. I still live in hope there are genuine men out there irregardless of race and where they come from.

As in all cultures there are some good and bad people irregardless of the colour of their skin.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by Gabry(f): 11:06am On Nov 29, 2009
Guys, you better stop generalizing. In every single race and ethnicity, there boud to be smart, stupid, lazy, hardworking, beautiful, ugly people. . . Like they always say, It takes many different types of people to make up the world
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by agathamari(f): 11:08am On Nov 29, 2009
sweetpie23:

the real reason  black men date white women is because they are easy, cheap and goes with anything as compared to black women. no matter how ugly black woman is, she value herself. she doesn't just throw her self cheaply at guys, we know what we want, that is why a lot of people called black women loud and strong. we are not loud, we just know what we want and men do not take us for a bow ride, as a result, black men have look for at alternative, white women give them sex easily, and as we all know our black men like to act like GOD tongue they like to be in control, and white women are easily control. poster I think you may like to take some note down tongue tongue tongue
i see you base your stereotype on the show "gils of the playboy mansion".  i dont know what white women you are talking about cause most dont take shit from men just like most black women in the west.  try telling a white woman she cant do something and turn around to see her doing it to prove you cant control her.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:21pm On Nov 29, 2009
attack of the white girls in this thread!!
oyinbo pepe!!! grin
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by agathamari(f): 3:59pm On Nov 29, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

attack of the white girls in this thread!!
oyinbo pepe!!! grin
hahahaha we have to defend ourselves now. tongue
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 29, 2009
@ poster, I wonder the type of black ladies you ve been attracting to ur self
But as they say, likes attracts likes. You should check yourself,
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by nene1: 5:08pm On Nov 29, 2009
bufflevy:

the real reason black men date white women is because they are easy, cheap and goes with anything as compared to black women. no matter how ugly black woman is, she value herself. she doesn't just throw her self cheaply at guys, we know what we want, that is why a lot of people called black women loud and strong. we are not loud, we just know what we want and men do not take us for a bow ride, as a result, black men have look for at alternative, white women give them sex easily, and as we all know our black men like to act like GOD they like to be in control, and white women are easily control. poster I think you may like to take some note down

yeah right,dont decieve your self nene like black women are queen of virtue and all bull shit.The difference between blacks(especially naija) and white girl when you talk of sex is that blacks dont give sex for the sake of pleasure or love white girls ,they believe it is their bargaining power and they must be something to gain something first .And most of the time ,it isnt love so don't start getting all worked up about virtue and shit.Naija girls are as loose and as can do even nastier things to men in the bedroom, if there are mostly financial or some other material benefits .its very rare to see a naija girl give it up for just love ,it happens but it is rare and so pls tell me who is worse , girl who give it for love or girl who give it up for money or connection/prestige etc.White women on the other hand like women of all races have the tendency to be materialistic,I agree but not as much as black (naija) women.

that was not my post u were responding to.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by newakata(f): 10:14am On Nov 30, 2009
@TOPIC:. This sounds more like a problem that African American Women have.

I think you just wanted to vent and justify why you wanna date outside your race/culture.

I don't think this applies to most Nigerians.

I learned a lot from Nigerians about how to be submissive and supportive wife. And since being in Naija I have had a LOT more practice in serving my husband. Its not as bad as I use to think. A wife who can submit (not cowardly or by obligation or fear) but by choice is indeed a powerful and influential woman (in my opinion)

BUT I TOTALLY AGREE with the points int he original post. (except the white woman thing)
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by giddysgold: 10:52am On Nov 30, 2009
My point exactly. This is an AMERICAN issue. Most african women are NOT single. Most african men marry african women. It's akata men that are running off to oyinbo.

hmmmm,

shred of truth, but what about the naija men who leave wife and kids back home to travel abroad to london, or US and come back with another wife or don't come back, and yes o , they marry "akata" (what an ugly word) women for greencard or at least that's what they tell u and seven years pass and then b4 u know it, him papa dey tell ur mama, his son can't marry u again, and to top it, he will be home in one month with new "akata" wife or Oyinbo wife and babes,

this happens everywhere, but the point is that a woman is a woman,
vagina is vagina, human being is human being, and besides the arrogance of thinking that one race is better than the next is so last year and truly part of the problem, like it or not, black Americans come from Africa and had the same culture as most Africans until this lil thing called "slavery" , read up on it u'll learn a lot, and o , black women used to think like this too,

And for this post to be made, somebody's doing something with somebody and one of em aint a nigerian,
too much pls, vry funny 2 me this topic
lol
we are often blinded by the prejudice of our own ignorance
-anonymous

Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2009
dont mind the poster, i agree with newakata, he is probably just tryna find reasons to run off to another race since he left the coutry or whatever he did.
blah, NEXT!!
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by giddysgold: 3:41pm On Nov 30, 2009
amaka lol
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by nene1: 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2009
giddysgold:

My point exactly. This is an AMERICAN issue. Most african women are NOT single. Most african men marry african women. It's akata men that are running off to oyinbo.

hmmmm,

shred of truth,  but what about the naija men who leave wife and kids back home to travel abroad to london, or US and come back with another wife or don't come back,  and yes o ,  they marry "akata" (what an ugly word) women for greencard or at least that's what they tell u and seven years pass and then b4 u know it,  him papa dey tell your mama, his son can't marry u again,  and to top it, he will be home in one month with new "akata" wife or Oyinbo wife and babes, 

this happens everywhere,  but the point is that a woman is a woman, 
vagina is vagina, human being is human being,  and besides the arrogance of thinking that one race is better than the next is so last year and truly part of the problem,  like it or not, black Americans come from Africa and had the same culture as most Africans until this lil thing called "slavery" ,  read up on it u'll learn a lot,  and o ,  black women used to think like this too, 

And for this post to be made,  somebody's doing something with somebody and one of em aint a nigerian, 
too much pls,  vry funny 2 me this topic
lol
                 we are often blinded by the prejudice of our own ignorance
                                -anonymous

lol,  I did not say there was anything wrong about marrying an akata or black american, whicever you want to use. I was just simply stating that the problem the poster mentions applies to AMERICAN BLACK women and NOT AFRICAN BLACK women. I did not say anything about african men marrying black american women. I was saying that black american men are the ones who chase white women more than african men do, although they do it as well.

But since you did bring up the topic, I don't see anything wrong with african men marrying black american women since they are an extension of his african sisters. It is marrying oyinbo that I have a problem with, but hey who am I to judge. People will be with whoever they want to be with. It's their life and their business. Maybe if black men stop obsessing over oyinbo and chasing after them so many AMERICAN black women won't be single.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by BloodShed1: 1:02am On Dec 01, 2009
lol

You cant tell Black women anything, they cant take any criticism. Just let it go.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by newakata(f): 1:06pm On Dec 01, 2009
@giddysgold: The simplest way to TOTALLY PISS OFF some nairalanders is to compose a sentence using the words

"Nigerian men + Black american women + any positive adjective whatsoever."

If you write: A black american woman was thankful a nigerian man helped her,  Londoner Someone will reply "Do you think yuo are so special that Nigerian men only wait all day looking for a chance to help an akata. He's been helping more deserving naija women all day!"

And if you wrote: "the Akata will give birth to a baby while in Nigeria- a[b]men[/b]" , You're sure to get insulted for that too.

it doesn't matter what the sentence actually says, 

Certain people here will have their eyes turn green with envy and they will be raging mad,  and begin to put you down for points you NEVER made, but they think you were thinking it - so you'll be guilty of a lot of wrong deeds here.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by Princek12(m): 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2009
nairaland is not the appropriate forum to post this topic.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by whitelexi(m): 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2009
Princek12:

nairaland is not the appropriate forum to post this topic.

There is no better place to post it ohhhh grin grin grin
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by Orikinla(m): 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2009
I read it.
One fact is, Black women know what they want in a Man.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by Pittbaby(f): 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2009
Not sure how this applies to Naija people. How many Naija men do you see dating white women Please dont forget this is Nairaland not a AA blog site.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2009
lol like i said before and ill say it again
this is probably the poster's way of finding something wrong with the black race to start dating oyinbos since he left the shores of Nigeria.
if he wants to go and date them, FINE! but not making dumb excuses for his own defense. a lot of them naija cats are like him.
but who cares. . .
again this is a black american issue not a nigerian issue. . .
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2009
I think this is an African-American problem though.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by giddysgold: 4:15pm On Dec 01, 2009
the sad thing about that tho is that either AA or Nigerian- all are black- and maybe some of u are still in Naija self but if you have been so fortunate enough to travel abroad to US states like New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Washington, DC, then u will what am talking, I've either been to or lived in some of these states and I know what I've seen there. Many Nigerian or African men period with white women- this may make ur eyes shine bright green or whatever but this is definitely a Nigerian issue and has started within the last decade- look at Pres. Obama- Mama white- daddy African- Look at Sade (the famous Jazz singer from London) moma white- daddy from Nigeria (wow) those are a few of the successful ones but to be perfectly honest here the big issue that no one may want to face is that America accepts with open arms the brothers and sisters from Africa and the women usually do good and find jobs and really help out a lot in the community, but "some" not all but still most and these men are mainly from Nigeria and are either Igbo or Yoruba- they marry either Oyinbo or Black American for papers. Now US has taken lots of measures to cut down on greencard marriages and in order to prove that the marriage is real, you have to live with the person, get joint bank accounts, file taxes together and the more, thereby making the fraud nearly impossible unless u r truly devious and can fake to the girl that u love her, and will be sleeping with her, getting her pregnant, then get ur papers and leaves, that leaves behind millions of mixbreed Nigerians is the US cos it is happening in massive numbers. That is why it is getting harder and harder for African men to get greencard in US, Seems off topic but is right on target- I can't tell u the number of fatherless children in America today becos a guy from Naija pull 419 on one helpless girl to get paper, Then go abroad to call her akata and diminish her value. The shame here is that in most states "akata" culture is very similar to Nigeria- anybody know who olaudah equiano is or gustava vassa- a nigerian native taken as a slave- many southern Americanas are his descendant. There is a lot that happens in US and then the Man comes home with money and throw big party, but that money came from 419 marriage to Oyinbo abroad, just go and look at the beautiful brown sun kissed skin and broad noses that these babies have, they will be raised as akata and cos the mother may change the name after the father left u might never know u are calling ur own cousin or nephew akata, this is a Nigerian issue o, I cry everytime I see it, Cos prejudice has blinded reason and logic and watered down the truth, but what will happen when all these kids want to grow up and come to Naija to see where they are from, It's gonna be a big issue one day o, and NL is the best place for this, don't u know that many if not most AA have either Cameroon or Nigerian blood running thru their veins, open ur eyes the sky is not a blue in Naija as think,
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by newakata(f): 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2009
^^^^ Dang- that was a lot of food for thought. Preach!
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by Pittbaby(f): 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2009
the sad thing about that tho is that either AA or Nigerian- all are black- and maybe some of u are still in Naija self but if you have been so fortunate enough to travel abroad to US states like New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Washington, DC, then u will what am talking, I've either been to or lived in some of these states and I know what I've seen there. Many Nigerian or African men period with white women- this may make your eyes shine bright green or whatever but this is definitely a Nigerian issue and has started within the last decade- look at Pres. Obama- Mama white- daddy African- Look at Sade (the famous Jazz singer from London) moma white- daddy from Nigeria (wow) those are a few of the successful ones but to be perfectly honest here the big issue that no one may want to face is that America accepts with open arms the brothers and sisters from Africa and the women usually do good and find jobs and really help out a lot in the community, but "some" not all but still most and these men are mainly from Nigeria and are either Igbo or Yoruba- they marry either Oyinbo or Black American for papers. Now US has taken lots of measures to cut down on greencard marriages and in order to prove that the marriage is real, you have to live with the person, get joint bank accounts, file taxes together and the more, thereby making the fraud nearly impossible unless u r truly devious and can fake to the girl that u love her, and will be sleeping with her, getting her pregnant, then get your papers and leaves, that leaves behind millions of mixbreed Nigerians is the US cos it is happening in massive numbers. That is why it is getting harder and harder for African men to get greencard in US, Seems off topic but is right on target- I can't tell u the number of fatherless children in America today becos a guy from Naija pull 419 on one helpless girl to get paper, Then go abroad to call her akata and diminish her value. The shame here is that in most states "akata" culture is very similar to Nigeria- anybody know who olaudah equiano is or gustava vassa- a nigerian native taken as a slave- many southern Americanas are his descendant. There is a lot that happens in US and then the Man comes home with money and throw big party, but that money came from 419 marriage to Oyinbo abroad, just go and look at the beautiful brown sun kissed skin and broad noses that these babies have, they will be raised as akata and cos the mother may change the name after the father left u might never know u are calling your own cousin or nephew akata, this is a Nigerian issue o, I cry everytime I see it, Cos prejudice has blinded reason and logic and watered down the truth, but what will happen when all these kids want to grow up and come to Naija to see where they are from, It's gonna be a big issue one day o, and NL is the best place for this, don't u know that many if not most AA have either Cameroon or Nigerian blood running thru their veins, open your eyes the sky is not a blue in Naija as think,

valid point but seperate issue from poster, if we are talking about naijas marrying for green card , that one is not new news , both men and women do it , it is an economic choice not a racial one. The poster is talking about Black men who marry white women cos of the "attitude of black women".

As far as I am concerned when it comes to the bread and butter naija man, its more he goes home to choose a bride, rather than marry the Naija woman here cos they are to independent, no skin of my nose on that one , will not marry that kind of man anyway cos we will have nothing in common.

As for the american raised naija man marrying a white or black woman is no biggy, he was raised in a mixed society and is more likely to marry from another race because he was most likely raised in a mixed neighbourhood. Several of my relations who have lived here for a long time have their kids dating different races cos in most cases they are one of a few black kids in their high school class or college
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by brooklyn99: 3:11am On Dec 03, 2009
@bridgette007 if u say ure white, and curvy in the right places the damn truth is URE FATTTT!!!maybe, a little, but u re still fat. next, u didnt learn how to cook nigerian food. dont deceive urself. what u cooked was unbearable to the sight not to talk of swallowing thats why his mother hated u. ive tried, for 23 yrs to learn how to cook NIgerian food and i never got it right, so i doubt u did either. grin lemme tell u the real reason he left u and got ur gal pregnant, he got tired of u using the word 'IRREGARDLESS' instead of 'REGARDLESS'. guys hate that sorta thing u know grin grin grin
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:17am On Dec 03, 2009
^^^
LMAO!! what are you on about?
that was funny though
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by GL(f): 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

I think this is an African-American problem though.

i agree, it's an african american problem. doesn't reflect nigerian women AT ALL.
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by oyinda3(f): 6:35am On Dec 11, 2009
because most of the time, black girls are better off being single!!! take care of yourself and live your life rather than destroying yourself esteem/debasing yourself, sacrificing your time and life for guy who has a high chance of being an asshole!!
I have black guy friends and they are mostly huge perverts who sleep around and boast about it and don't have any shame in flirting aggressively with any girl. the white girls that are falling for their tricks are just naive, IMO either that or they just want to have fun with a "bad boy."

anyways i think white girls are extremely blessed and lucky they don't know what they have. really. white guys are generally very nice.
i know there are asshole and nice guys in all races but the proportion is most certainly different. I have black guy friends that are nice too and i appreciate them very much because i know they are not very common.

I was in a relationship with a nigerian and I'm not stereotyping across all africans or nigerians, he treated me well to begin but then as soon as we decided to settle down, get married and have a child he changed. He wanted a subserviant woman, cooking, cleaning, caring for kids, working FT and with the attutude what's his is his and whats mine is his too-he cheated, abused me, deprived me of sex, didn't financially contribute and became the coldest human being possible. He got another woman pregnant, who probably was the type of white woman you talk of seeing as she was pregnant within 2 week of meeting him-if a woman doesn't use condoms when she first sees someone in my book I would class her as a LovePeddler!

your story is very commonplace. your not unique srry
Re: Why A Lot Of Black Woman Are Single. by nevachange(f): 8:17pm On Dec 11, 2009
they mouth repel men, they feel they can talk , so we let them talk till they are 35 or 30 grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Know If The Lady You Are Dating Is Your Wife. / Live Snake Found In Woman’s Vagina (VIDEO) / Please Help Me, My Husband Eats My Panties During Sex, Woman Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.