Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,876 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

What Happens When You Declare Your Currency At The Airport?????????????????????? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Happens When You Declare Your Currency At The Airport?????????????????????? (6073 Views)

Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City / This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) / Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When You Declare Your Currency At The Airport?????????????????????? by magicminister: 9:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
Lets assume you are flying into Nigeria with foreign currencies above the 10,000 dollar non-declared limit.

What will happen if you declare your currency?
Will it still get seized by the customs?
Will they tax it or what

I am really curious to know what happens when one declares the currency they are travelling with.
I believe we all know what happens to people that do not declare their currency if they are caught. The money will be seized and they might be arrested for money laundering.
Re: What Happens When You Declare Your Currency At The Airport?????????????????????? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 22, 2017
Nothing happens. They are making sure you are laundering funds. It's recorded though
Re: What Happens When You Declare Your Currency At The Airport?????????????????????? by magicminister: 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
Logician:
Nothing happens. They are making sure you are laundering funds. It's recorded though

are you sure about this?
so, lets say you declare huge amount of money...
As long as it's declared, they will let you keep moving no questions asked?
no tax, no nothing
Re: What Happens When You Declare Your Currency At The Airport?????????????????????? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
magicminister:

are you sure about this?
so, lets say you declare huge amount of money... say 300k usd cash..
As long as it's declared, they will let you keep moving no questions asked?
no tax, no nothing

Nothing but why carry that amount in cash. Personally I have never traveled with that much anyway.... I haven't exceeded 20k USD and normally. Nigerian immigration will want you to part with 100usd but it's left for you to give them. I just tell them it's not my money after a little delay they will leave you before your plane will depart. I don't know about that much amount but declaration is just to stop money laundering. When you travel frequently and always travelling out with huge cash. Then they know something is amiss. It's recorded. But I will advise you to find alternative means to transfer anything about 100kusd though it will cost you money but security first
Re: What Happens When You Declare Your Currency At The Airport?????????????????????? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
Worst case scenario they will ask you to part with 1kusd for that amount of you are coming to Nigeria or leaving Nigeria. But if you are going to China, don't border declaring to Chinese immigration but it's not possible to leave with such amount in cash from China. My point is that it depends on where you are going
Re: What Happens When You Declare Your Currency At The Airport?????????????????????? by claremont(m): 9:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
In civilised countries, you will be asked to show that the money was legitimately earned, you have paid all taxes due, and a sensible reason why you chose to carry cash rather than use conventional means of money transfer.
Re: What Happens When You Declare Your Currency At The Airport?????????????????????? by okonja(m): 10:01pm On Jan 22, 2017
If your destination is USA, just buy bitcoin worth the amount from locals here in naija and when you get to the state, look for bitcoin ATM to withdraw your cash.

You can move as much as you can out of this country although fx rates you traveling with might be slight different from bitcoin rates

3 Likes

Re: What Happens When You Declare Your Currency At The Airport?????????????????????? by magicminister: 10:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
okonja:
If your destination is USA, just buy bitcoin worth the amount from locals here in naija and when you get to the state, look for bitcoin ATM to withdraw your cash.

You can move as much as you can out of this country although fx rates you traveling with might be slight different from bitcoin rates

Im actually bringing in from U.S to Naija.
Does the bit coin thingy work in Nigeria?
I mean, do i get a better value than what western union is offering me?
Re: What Happens When You Declare Your Currency At The Airport?????????????????????? by otikpoko(m): 7:30am On Jan 23, 2017
magicminister:

Im actually bringing in from U.S to Naija.
Does the bit coin thingy work in Nigeria?
I mean, do i get a better value than what western union is offering me?

Be very careful when it comes to Bitcoins.
A lot has been scammed and be very careful with Nigerians...very careful!

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When You Declare Your Currency At The Airport?????????????????????? by Laird(m): 3:35am On Jan 24, 2017
Ask one of the accredited changers on the currency thread for transacting options

Better still look for car dealers, contact abokis or ask someone in Nigeria to contact all those Alade, airport currency aboki, or Importers and do direct trade with them carefully

Or companies like shopify and mall for africa that help Nigerians buy things abroad.... They should need dollars and should have naira to xchange

You meet their link abroad..They meet your link in Naija

Also ask a kind of honest Nairaland currency exchange Member Tabbaz....He can advice YOU

Choose one or more of the many options

I have no personal. commercial or business relationship with Tabbaz. I am Just trying to help You with information because I have met You before and we were cool

Good to know You are good

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When You Declare Your Currency At The Airport?????????????????????? by CanadianNurse: 7:40pm On Jan 24, 2017
Can u please post a link on the currency thread you mentioned thanks
Laird:
Ask one of the accredited changers on the currency thread for transacting options

Better still look for car dealers, contact abokis or ask someone in Nigeria to contact all those Alade, airport currency aboki, or Importers and do direct trade with them carefully

Or companies like shopify and mall for africa that help Nigerians buy things abroad.... They should need dollars and should have naira to xchange

You meet their link abroad..They meet your link in Naija

Also ask a kind of honest Nairaland currency exchange Member Tabbaz....He can advice YOU

Choose one or more of the many options

I have no personal. commercial or business relationship with Tabbaz. I am Just trying to help You with information because I have met You before and we were cool

Good to know You are good

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You Declare Your Currency At The Airport?????????????????????? by Laird(m): 11:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Can u please post a link on the currency thread you mentioned thanks

@Canadian Nurse, this is the link of the most trusted e-currency dealer on nairaland...his name is tabbaz and he also has a thread where he posts and reports and exposes people caught trying to dupe other people

https://www.nairaland.com/3190496/currency-e-currency-market-deals/1255#53049559

I have no connection and no business relationship and I have no financial and no material benefits from Him and he doe snot even know me and i have never done a business transaction with him

But his good works exposing fraudsters in his posts, helping people by being the middleman (escrow services) because his nairaland profile is well known

and he also trades bitcoins, payoneer and maybe some other e-currencies

your best option to transfer money to Nigeria might be to buy bitcoin or an e-currency overseas and to sell to a trusted nairaland e-currency exchanger maybe tabbaz or ladyF online while they credit your nigerian accounts in naira

HOWEVER read through their respective profiles and their contacts on their profiles, also read posts and mentions about both tabbaz and ladyF and then DECIDE ON YOUR OWN FREE WILL IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT THEM VIA THEIR PROFILE CONTACT NUMBERS AND DISCUSS OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR EXCHANGING YOUR FUNDS TO Naira

i have no financial stake, commission or kickback from any of the people I mentioned in this post. Do Your research on their I.D profiles, posts, mentions and comments and decide and choose personally if You want to transact business with them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens When You Declare Your Currency At The Airport?????????????????????? by CanadianNurse: 12:52am On Jan 26, 2017
Acknowledged with utmost appreciation
Laird:

@Canadian Nurse, this is the link of the most trusted e-currency dealer on nairaland...his name is tabbaz and he also has a thread where he posts and reports and exposes people caught trying to dupe other people

https://www.nairaland.com/3190496/currency-e-currency-market-deals/1255#53049559

I have no connection and no business relationship and I have no financial and no material benefits from Him and he doe snot even know me and i have never done a business transaction with him

But his good works exposing fraudsters in his posts, helping people by being the middleman (escrow services) because his nairaland profile is well known

and he also trades bitcoins, payoneer and maybe some other e-currencies

your best option to transfer money to Nigeria might be to buy bitcoin or an e-currency overseas and to sell to a trusted nairaland e-currency exchanger maybe tabbaz or ladyF online while they credit your nigerian accounts in naira

HOWEVER read through their respective profiles and their contacts on their profiles, also read posts and mentions about both tabbaz and ladyF and then DECIDE ON YOUR OWN FREE WILL IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT THEM VIA THEIR PROFILE CONTACT NUMBERS AND DISCUSS OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR EXCHANGING YOUR FUNDS TO Naira

i have no financial stake, commission or kickback from any of the people I mentioned in this post. Do Your research on their I.D profiles, posts, mentions and comments and decide and choose personally if You want to transact business with them

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You Declare Your Currency At The Airport?????????????????????? by olowoba2: 12:07am On Aug 08, 2022
[quote author=magicminister post=53042315][b]Lets assume you are flying into Nigeria with foreign currencies above the 10,000 dollar non-decl

(1) (Reply)

Woman Missing For 6Years Found Inside Her Car Under River In U.S(Pics) / Where Do I Get Yellow Fever Vaccination Card For Traveling, In Lagos / Information For An American Coming To Nigeria To Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.