Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,794 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) (58077 Views)

Iroko Tree Bursts Into Fire Itself In Lagos (Photo) / Boy Begging A Lady That Carries Oxygen To Survive, Burst Into Tears (Pics) / Massive Queue At Ojota Pedestrian Bridge Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2017
majekdom2:
do you have to leave and come back? You are taking failure as an option already.
Failure? How? Is it because I want to leave fatherland or because I planned on coming back?
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by wayne4loan: 5:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
idupaul:
I have met this same boy before and wanted to help till one motorist alerted me to forget him that he was a certified scammer
the hustle is real
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2017
soath:
Una no dey go anywhere. We gather dey here together tongue

Oyo
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2017
soath:
No run nah grin
Haha, I'm not running.. We still gather full ground.. grin
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2017
bqlekan:

Chai... God help us.

Leave God out of this matter o lol

1 Like

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by wayne4loan: 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2017
dealslip:
i know that boy very well. He has been loosing money from pure water proceeds for more than 4 years now. He keeps changing location. He is so talented, there is no way you wont pity him, i fell for him once on Falomo bridge, only to see him again at Bonny camp and Adeniji Adele crying again. I think Nollywood should help him, he is very good.
with this kind attitude .. Who would want to render help to a stranger?

1 Like

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by segzie2012: 5:06pm On Jan 23, 2017
Dem plenty[color=#550000][/color] They are plenty out there now to even identify the one to help

Well Givers neva LAck
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by esosuo2: 5:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
there's nothing as painful as loosing proceeds gotten from hard labour. :-
Wailing isn't an easy labour oh. cheesy grin
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by soath(m): 5:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Oyo
For your mind grin
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 5:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Leave God out of this matter o lol
Egbami o.. God don offend you?
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bomijuwon(m): 5:08pm On Jan 23, 2017
Auntie Betty, this boy has been crying (begging) since 5 year. My first contact with him was at Maryland in 2012 again it was at Bolade, Oshodi and now in Lekki...

1 Like

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by godquality: 5:10pm On Jan 23, 2017
Technically, she gave him only some I repeat some of the money and not all. So he had to continue crying na. Abi you no want am to recover the complete money plus profit?

1 Like

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by wayne4loan: 5:10pm On Jan 23, 2017
lomaxbien:
November 2015, a man approached me and begged for money to eat...i gave him N500.
30 minutes later I went to a bar with some of my friends...i met him at the same bar with a cold bottle of Goldberg and a plate of asun (goat meat)...i almost fainted.
angry
lol .. u for follow am enjoy the pepper soup .. U payed for it bro
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by 2shur: 5:11pm On Jan 23, 2017
ogbeni.
oju titi lajowa.
every naija got his or her own local format
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by mumihaja(f): 5:12pm On Jan 23, 2017
The one in PH now has big tummy like a Nigerian Brewery manager, I've spotted him at different locations with same story line and his targets are usually people who just withdrew money from ATM

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by dominique(f): 5:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
He's definitely working for someone, he probly has a target he has to deliver to his boss on a daily basis.

Now this kind of fraud does not surprise me, it has been in existence for over a decade just that now they're involving children. During my undergraduate days (first year), there was this fat woman that we ran into our lecture hall wailing that her son (who is also a student) is terribly sick at the school health center and she has spent all the money on her and he's dying. You need to see the big big denominations flying towards her direction. We were over a hundred in that hall and almost everybody dropped something. Fast forward a few months later (second year), I was in engineering lecture thearter with some friends only to see this same woman again, same cloth same story shocked. As usual, people jumped and dropped huge amounts of cash. I was only able to stop those around me, one guy didn't even believe me and he ran forward to donate N500. During my final year, this woman came again to my faulty with the same sob story angry. Good thing I wasn't the only one that recognised her, most of us just remained on our seats and watched her perform film show. Anyone that attended UNILAG around 2003 to 2008 must have encountered this woman at least once.

Some people can't make an honest naira even if their lives depend on it.

2 Likes

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Ishilove: 5:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
bomijuwon:
Auntie Betty, this boy has been crying (begging) since 5 year. My first contact with him was at Maryland in 2012 again it was at Bolade, Oshodi and now in Lekki...
He is an itinerant wailer
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
lomaxbien:
November 2015, a man approached me and begged for money to eat...i gave him N500.
30 minutes later I went to a bar with some of my friends...i met him at the same bar with a cold bottle of Goldberg and a plate of asun (goat meat)...i almost fainted.
angry
Asun no be food? grin
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by loganx: 5:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ran into him about 2 or 3 yrs ago around bush street (street linking anthony village with mende, maryland) sitting by the roadside during traffic jam, I had this feeling he was a fraud. I didn't fall for him, about a month later, he had changed position still within a 100 yard radius. Omo, na so i screamed at him to get the F$%k out of there before i pounced on him. na so the guy take off like say tiger dey chase am. He always had tears flowing like a stream down his entire face

1 Like

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by akanbiaa(m): 5:21pm On Jan 23, 2017
BoleAndFish:
Wawu. This is all shades of wrong. He's too young for this. Hope to meet him soon to talk to him and change his mindset.
He must have had a very bad hurting experience (maybe lost his parents) which he harnesses to take advantage of people's compassion.

There's one dirty looking young girl I believe should be in her early or mid twenties. You'll always see her backing a baby around kpako bus stop, Dopemu begging for transport every single day. Sigh
Talking to him might do little but Rehabilitation might do a lot and know the root cause and empower him or his parents or Guardians who take care of him with a manageable job
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:21pm On Jan 23, 2017
bqlekan:

Egbami o.. God don offend you?

At all o..... but look our country na...As we call God reach,how e be? Lol.....
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by fergieboy: 5:22pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hahah a woman in my area.. Her format is.. She will approach you.. Tell you that her slippers cut.. We gave her 100box..

Then I saw her again telling other people same story

I just laff
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Equal2DeTask(m): 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
Country full of Wailers.... Cant wait for My beloved Biafra...Loading tongue
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 5:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

At all o..... but look our country na...As we call God reach,how e be? Lol.....
we dey call God but we no dey follow his way.. The killings too much my brother. The people of Sodom and Gomorah were not as lucky as we are. God's patience came at a price. We are still paying.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

we know... you done dey talk am since

1 Like

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Intrepid01(m): 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2017
Na wa for that Lady o.....when did it become a crime to work at the branch office (Onikan) in the morning and retire to Head Office (V.I) later in the day?.....account must balance naa. ..lol
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
bqlekan:
we dey call God but we no dey follow his way.. The killings too much my brother. The people of Sodom and Gomorah were not as lucky as we are. God's patience came at a price. We are still paying.

Meanwhile countries wey no carry God for head like us dey prosper.

1 Like

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 23, 2017
bqlekan:
God's patience came at a price. We are still paying.

Hmmmm.... So na the price for God patient we dey pay now...... make him anger kuku come make everything start afresh

1 Like

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Burgerlomo: 5:44pm On Jan 23, 2017
bqlekan:
¥

Hahaha, I can't laugh abeg.. Bro, you and I might be needed at the helm of affairs in this country someday. The fate of the country might lie in our hands. We have to come back. We are Nigerians.

Yep, you're damn right we are all Nigerians and there is no place like home, but the security situation in the Country is one of the major concerns for some people that refuse to come till things get better by the grace of God.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by LockDown69(m): 5:44pm On Jan 23, 2017
grin this is Lagos.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by EmekaBlue(m): 5:51pm On Jan 23, 2017
grin d guy need more na
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by tosyne2much(m): 5:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
bqlekan:

I smell sarcasm in your question.. Well I don't know who/what ultimate cycler is.. cheesy you can ask the tosyne2much, saw it on his siggy sometime ago
My siggy ke? shocked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Ending For Adekunle Adebisi, My #Madeofblack Hero / How To Keep Your Home From Snake This Raining Season / Origin: Who Is The Brain Behind #10YearsChallenge?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.