Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) (58078 Views)

Iroko Tree Bursts Into Fire Itself In Lagos (Photo) / Boy Begging A Lady That Carries Oxygen To Survive, Burst Into Tears (Pics) / Massive Queue At Ojota Pedestrian Bridge Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by mxplosvtoluene(m): 11:33pm On Jan 23, 2017
Happens all around Lagos. My mom owns a shop at tipper garage ketu and at least 5 diff people gives her bad looks everyday cos she's identified most of them in that area and bursted each of their balls
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by toprealman: 12:00am On Jan 24, 2017
Producers should get him a role in nollywood as a crying hustler. He probably lost the money again.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by ReneeNuttall(f): 1:26am On Jan 24, 2017
eezeribe:

Read the story very well and the twitter comments
I did read it well,i still believe the guy is feeling sober over d loss of his own personal money
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by ReneeNuttall(f): 1:27am On Jan 24, 2017
Aarenaija:

I have been seening this guy all over Lagos for about five years now cry.....................doing the same thing; crying over what is not lost jus to scam people
Ehn!
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by ReneeNuttall(f): 1:28am On Jan 24, 2017
[quote author=esosuo2 post=53063695] Wailing isn't an easy labour oh. lol abi

1 Like

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by ReneeNuttall(f): 1:29am On Jan 24, 2017
vodutive:

....to someone pretending to have lost money gained from hard labour
hmm I tot otherwise
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Tominiola: 2:56am On Jan 24, 2017
lomaxbien:
November 2015, a man approached me and begged for money to eat...i gave him N500.
30 minutes later I went to a bar with some of my friends...i met him at the same bar with a cold bottle of Goldberg and a plate of asun (goat meat)...i almost fainted.
angry
shocked lol some ppl ehn
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Tominiola: 2:59am On Jan 24, 2017
dominique:
He's definitely working for someone, he probly has a target he has to deliver to his boss on a daily basis.

Now this kind of fraud does not surprise me, it has been in existence for over a decade just that now they're involving children. During my undergraduate days (first year), there was this fat woman that we ran into our lecture hall wailing that her son (who is also a student) is terribly sick at the school health center and she has spent all the money on her and he's dying. You need to see the big big denominations flying towards her direction. We were over a hundred in that hall and almost everybody dropped something. Fast forward a few months later (second year), I was in engineering lecture thearter with some friends only to see this same woman again, same cloth same story shocked. As usual, people jumped and dropped huge amounts of cash. I was only able to stop those around me, one guy didn't even believe me and he ran forward to donate N500. During my final year, this woman came again to my faulty with the same sob story angry. Good thing I wasn't the only one that recognised her, most of us just remained on our seats and watched her perform film show. Anyone that attended UNILAG around 2003 to 2008 must have encountered this woman at least once.

Some people can't make an honest naira even if their lives depend on it.

Wow! This is rather sad! That lady is piece of woek
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Tominiola: 3:04am On Jan 24, 2017
whizcartel:
They are everywhere in Lagos.

I can remember two experiences.

First was along Funsho Williams avenue. Two guys saw me walking towards them, before I passed them, one of the drew my attention.

He told me they were going to fadeyi and they have no money on them. so I gave them enough to take them there.

Fast forward to like three weeks later. This same guys met me, one the same Funsho Williams avenue and they still told me the same cock and bull story. I just laughed and told them I ain't gat none. They were kinda smart too because you they switched this time, thinking I won't remember their faces.

The Second one was in C. M. S. A well spoken man approached me in a bus Going to the mainland. He kinda was well dressed too. He told me he doesn't have money to pay for his "t-fare"to Obalende. So I gave him.

The next day this same man met me in the same C. M. S. And he told me another cool story... Omo I change am for am o!

What they also do now. Is that, they will get on the bus with you, and form like they have lost their money, then they will beg you to pay for them. They are all over Mushin and Oyingbo. Some Lagosians Ehn.

Eko Ile ogban
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by metallisc(m): 5:46am On Jan 24, 2017
bqlekan:

Asin ehn.. But the truth is Nigerians are getting lazier by the day. We are now engaging in dubious means to make money.. Just look at how many Nigerians MMM, megawealth, pennywise duped. Look at how many of our youths engage in fraudulent activities. I get an average of four fraudulent sms per month, asking me to upgrade my BVN in other to unblock my ATM card. For God sake, I don't even use one.

Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by emi14: 6:10am On Jan 24, 2017
Ishilove:
A neatly dressed kid, about 10 years of age shyly approached me in Opebi. He told me his mother left home without cooking and he was hungry.

I felt moved by his story and gave him N200 to go and buy food. He thanked me and left.

About an hour later, I saw the same boy 'shyly' approaching another fellow, a dude this time.

The man gave him N500. By the time I left the area he had approached some others who also gave him money.

Our children are now expert con artists.

The fact remains his a beggar possibly because of economic situation in ur country
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by pressplay411(m): 6:20am On Jan 24, 2017
This is why chivalry is dying everyday. Scammers ruining it for every one.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 6:37am On Jan 24, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
hmm I tot otherwise
na wa oooO,this now the new way
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by esau0007(m): 7:19am On Jan 24, 2017
He lost like 50 sachets of water and u are givin him mini 4 one,omo he must meet 50 people jooo
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by esau0007(m): 7:20am On Jan 24, 2017
He lost like 50 sachets of water and u are givin him moni 4 one,omo he must meet 50 people jooo
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Chiefobdk1: 7:35am On Jan 24, 2017
Some beggars re millionaire...
I kno a beggar who my brother give N500 every day. For years
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by marve777: 8:06am On Jan 24, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
Ishilove:
A neatly dressed kid, about 10 years of age shyly approached me in Opebi. He told me his mother left home without cooking and he was hungry.

I felt moved by his story and gave him N200 to go and buy food. He thanked me and left.

About an hour later, I saw the same boy 'shyly' approaching another fellow, a dude this time.

The man gave him N500. By the time I left the area he had approached some others who also gave him money.

Our children are now expert con artists.

Their children not ours
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Physika(f): 9:30am On Jan 24, 2017
bqlekan:
oh I'm sorry, deeply sorry bro..
Don't be sorry, tosyne2much just lied to you.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by jackie35(m): 10:03am On Jan 24, 2017
Ishilove:
Jeeze...so we now have professional wailers?? shocked

Betty Irabor, wife of Sunny Irabor and a reappearing young wailer. grin

I have lived in Lagos all my life and I thought I have seen it all, but this one is off da shizzle. undecided

The guy na scammer, na so him dey do. He no lost any moni
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by tosyne2much(m): 10:41am On Jan 24, 2017
Physika:

Don't be sorry, tosyne'2much just lied to you.
You found something like that in my siggy? Abeg fear God nah
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 1:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
Physika:

Don't be sorry, tosyne2much just lied to you.
Lol, well, I could not prove it, I had to apologise.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by tosyne2much(m): 2:35pm On Jan 24, 2017
bqlekan:

Lol, well, I could not prove it, I had to apologise.
To be very sincere, if you said I participated in it I wouldn't deny but as for the siggy, I never put up such cool
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
tosyne2much:
To be very sincere, if you said I participated in it I wouldn't deny but as for the siggy, I never put up such cool
Lol, it is okay bro.. No hard feelings.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Joshrob(m): 9:50pm On Jan 27, 2017
ritababe:

Joshua my love grin
My small winch.. send me message on whatsapp,i change my phone. lost all my contact.
Re: Between Betty Irabor And A Boy Begging At Onikan, Lagos (Photo) by Joshrob(m): 9:51pm On Jan 27, 2017
ritababe:

Joshua my love grin
My small winch.. send me message on whatsapp,i change my phone. lost all my contact.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Ending For Adekunle Adebisi, My #Madeofblack Hero / How To Keep Your Home From Snake This Raining Season / Origin: Who Is The Brain Behind #10YearsChallenge?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.