Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

What Are Those Superstitious Beliefs You Once Believed In While Growing Up? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are Those Superstitious Beliefs You Once Believed In While Growing Up? (655 Views)

What's A Famous Myth U Once Believed / Uganda Ekyogero Traditional Bath Is Believed To Bring Goodluck And Wade Away... / The Igala Kingdom: Their Culture, Beliefs, Marriage, And History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are Those Superstitious Beliefs You Once Believed In While Growing Up? by shizzlin: 2:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
While growing up, we must have had some superstitions we believed in or still believe in. Good or bad.
Well, here's mine:

1. If you sit on a mortar, you won't grow tall.
Mehn back then, I wanted to grow taller so I avoided this like a plague.

2. People who eat lots of beans later grow tall.
Still on the height matter. Maybe this is how my love for beans started...lol
cool

3. If you're sitting down with your legs outstretched and someone else walks across over them, you better tell the person to walk across back or else you won't give birth in future!
Hmmm
lipsrsealed

4. If you sleep by lying down flat facing the ceiling, you'd have nightmares! Because that's how corpses lie.
The first time I heard this was from my roommates during my first night in the university. This marked the beginning of the end of my superstitious beliefs because that was how I usually slept before university and there were no nightmares. And that's how I still sleep!

Feel free to add yours... cool

(1) (Reply)

Sonyere Anyị Ka Anyị Wetara Gị Akụkọ Ụwa N'asụsụ IGBO / Ancestry Quest / This Could Be The Real Reason Oba Of Lagos Snubbed Ooni Of Ife (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.