Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem (26206 Views)

RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday / Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property / Redeemed Church Opens Inside Beer Parlour In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by mvem(m): 3:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
The vision came late......break in transmission
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by Laredojohn(m): 3:45pm On Jan 24, 2017
HMMM this should have come earlier....it took them soo long to speak against it, even when its clear this scheme is a get rich syndrome , no single investment and there is a promise of returns...how possible is that, our churches take too much time to act on things ...hope next time this is done earlier ....
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by diva90: 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2017
Na so pples money don go be that. Sad crash
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by curvilicious: 3:55pm On Jan 24, 2017
Too late
Are they saying they just found out?
D whole Nigeria saw this pic midlastyear
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by 9jatatafo(m): 4:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
After goat rope don cut and goat don runaway.
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by donbenie(m): 4:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
wellmax:
He who has an ear let him hear.
The ear has already been removed with the head,to late with their warning..
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by Goovo(m): 4:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
The real deal, check my signature
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by ikemesit4477: 4:30pm On Jan 24, 2017
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by DonCortino: 4:47pm On Jan 24, 2017
nightingalee:
How late!

Lol
I taya o!
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by MARKETfund: 4:52pm On Jan 24, 2017
xynerise:

They have not declared their financial statement for the year yet
Hahahaha!

Pa Antelope you're still here? shocked
You'll never change - do like your sense of humour man.
At least the reccession didnt take that away from you grin
Quite a while though wink
How's Skydeep?
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 24, 2017
There is this saying...
something about no better time to lock the stable than when the horse has run out undecided
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by xynerise: 5:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
MARKETfund:

Hahahaha!

Pa Antelope you're still here? shocked
You'll never change - do like your sense of humour man.
At least the reccession didnt take that away from you grin
Quite a while though wink
How's Skydeep?

Who be this? grin

Skydeep is fine
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by NaWetinDey(m): 5:10pm On Jan 24, 2017
thesicilian:

Why did you have to spoil what would have been a very beautiful conversation...

Hahahaha. Didn't see your username though. But, seriously, MMM is back and functioning. Maybe you should consider putting in some of those money you want to use in taking one of your girls to cinema only to enjoy popcorn and large screen. Or what do you think sir?
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by VictorRomanov: 5:37pm On Jan 24, 2017
thesicilian:
Its now they want to warn, when everything has crashed.

What can they do na? If they warn before e crash, they will ask them, 'is it your money'? Or even tell them that church should not meddle in peoples hustle. Now they have mouth na, since it has crashed.

1 Like

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by davonny: 5:42pm On Jan 24, 2017
my fellow Nigerians, let's think deep before we crucify our brothers. what exactly is the aim of mavrodi for creating MMM. I listened to him on utube where he talked about his ideology. IF he is sincere about his ideology, then, I can say MMM is in deed a movement that will revolutionise our banking system, insurance companies, pensions etc.
Note, I'm not justifying or supporting MMM, but the question I ask myself all the time is, did mavrodi collect all this money. if no, what does he stand to gain, I still don't understand. Why did he say 'contribute your spare money. Don't contribute all your savings '
I want to believe the man, mavrodi is trying to correct or change something in the world financial system, maybe he's doing it wrongly. For instance, both banks and insurance companies are using the principle of MMM to flourish but they are only paying back very few people after they have collected money from every body. MMM wants to pay back everyone that has contributed.
once again, what does mavrodi want to achieve by creating MMM if he doesn't collect a kobo from anybody.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by jozz(m): 6:27pm On Jan 24, 2017
Montaque:
after the damage has been done.

When this scheme came on board, i looked for spiritual opinion from our MOG. I wanted a stronger reason to give the many people that accosted me to join. On my facebook timeline, twitter, and whatsapp, i tagged churches, MOG, WOG, pastors, Rev. and Apostle, but i did not get a voice. The day i gave up was when i saw the picture of RCCG woman doing MMM seminar in Church. Even the sunday school teacher on one sunday service stylishly avoided my questions on this. i asked for biblical and spiritual explanation on this issue. its seemed only JW replied, and later released a statement warning members and advising them. Now, that things has changed, even the vilest sinner knows the dangers of MMM. So there is really no need giving out sermon now, co when it was required, you guys did not match up.

I wonder what was more direct and important to us between warning Nigerians about future MMM dangers and the many general prophecies that greeted us in January?

WHERE ARE THE ELIJAHS, JEREMIAHS AND EZEKIELS IN NIGERIA?

what did u expect? The same essence as mmm is what the Churches promote : prosperity,prosperity, prosperity without work, and deceit of gullible minds. now things changed they are trying to save face.
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by tibro(m): 7:28pm On Jan 24, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:
Medicine after death. Why warn them after the scheme don crash finish and 70 percent of the church members don put their life savings there? Redeemed been dey sleep all this while?
They have been scammed already.
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by lonelydora: 7:33pm On Jan 24, 2017
thesicilian:
Its now they want to warn, when everything has crashed.

You man of little faith. grin grin Everyday I log in and check how my Mavro is growing astronomically. grin

It won't crash until I get my 50k.
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by rabzy: 7:34pm On Jan 24, 2017
Montaque:
after the damage has been done.

When this scheme came on board, i looked for spiritual opinion from our MOG. I wanted a stronger reason to give the many people that accosted me to join. On my facebook timeline, twitter, and whatsapp, i tagged churches, MOG, WOG, pastors, Rev. and Apostle, but i did not get a voice. The day i gave up was when i saw the picture of RCCG woman doing MMM seminar in Church. Even the sunday school teacher on one sunday service stylishly avoided my questions on this. i asked for biblical and spiritual explanation on this issue. its seemed only JW replied, and later released a statement warning members and advising them. Now, that things has changed, even the vilest sinner knows the dangers of MMM. So there is really no need giving out sermon now, co when it was required, you guys did not match up.

I wonder what was more direct and important to us between warning Nigerians about future MMM dangers and the many general prophecies that greeted us in January?

WHERE ARE THE ELIJAHS, JEREMIAHS AND EZEKIELS IN NIGERIA?

The JWs did not reply you. They sent a letter to all the congregations in 2008, warning against pyramid schemes and how it shows greed. When MMM came on board last year, they wrote a new letter referring to their earlier warning and still ask their members not to engage in such schemes. And if anyone persists, disciplinary measures can be taken.
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by Talk2nanro(m): 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2017
If you need a sure income , no story then check my signature
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by Kingbuhari(m): 9:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
your warning came too late , after u must have collected tithe
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by MARKETfund: 9:39pm On Jan 24, 2017
xynerise:

Who be this? grin

Skydeep is fine

I'll leave that for you to figure out.
Clues: Who calls you old papa and you call him antelope? It goes without saying that you hated being called that grin

Happy to hear about skydeep. How are the kids?
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by rejoice4eva(m): 9:42pm On Jan 24, 2017
dorox:
The statement that the Redeemed church does not support get rich quick schemes is kind of ironic considering the fact that the church gets its wealth by asking members to donate their all with a promise of multiple folds payback from God.
It may be that you are ignorant or deliberately mischevious . May God have mercy on you
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by xynerise: 9:47pm On Jan 24, 2017
MARKETfund:

I'll leave that for you to figure out.
Clues: Who calls you old papa and you call him antelope? It goes without saying that you hated being called that grin

Happy to hear about skydeep. How are the kids?

Cmon bro, I call everybody Antelope including Seun undecided

Kids are now adults now grin
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by MARKETfund: 10:16pm On Jan 24, 2017
xynerise:

Cmon bro, I call everybody Antelope including Seun undecided

Kids are now adults now grin

Yeah you practically call everyone that wink

I figured they're grown now. Proud of ya bro
Guess you can now acknowledge the designation: Old papa youngy grin
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by Sairuwa: 11:09pm On Jan 24, 2017
Is it only MMM that people see and make it a topic of every day, time, and moment?

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by xynerise: 11:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
MARKETfund:

Yeah you practically call everyone that including wink

I figured they're grown now. Proud of ya bro
Guess you can now acknowledge the designation: Old papa youngy grin

AKA Osuofia grin
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by Arrester171(m): 5:26am On Jan 25, 2017
You that is criticism MMM what effort have put in to help Nigeria in dis hardship? We can't do anything but when someone try to make an inpact in the society we only know how to bring that person down. Dis woman way dey say MMM na scam, she go denie say she never chop MMM money be? All the offering way dem dey put for basket where she tink say e dey com from abi na tights way dem dey pay for, and still dem she go collect am chop.
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by MARKETfund: 7:21am On Jan 25, 2017
xynerise:

AKA Osuofia grin

You'll never change grin grin grin grin

Pls modify the quote to remove my name
Don't want some old acquaintances sniffing on me abeg. Need me a quite sojourn here bro. You know I gat many friends and foes here grin
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by xynerise: 7:47am On Jan 25, 2017
MARKETfund:

You'll never change grin grin grin grin

Pls modify the quote to remove my name
Don't want some old acquaintances sniffing on me abeg. Need me a quite sojourn here bro. You know I gat many friends and foes here grin

Done grin

Erm....what's with the "MARKETfund" moniker, are you into scamming now? undecided
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by dorox(m): 8:17am On Jan 25, 2017
rejoice4eva:

It may be that you are ignorant or deliberately mischevious . May God have mercy on you

How is my comment ignorant or deliberately mischievous? Address the point I made instead of throwing accusatory words at me.
So, tell me how your pastor asking you to "sow a seed" with the promise of magical returns any less of a get rich quick scheme than mmm?
Or how stupid can one be to fall for Daddy G.O Adeboye's wicked and evil statement that the best and easiest way out of poverty is by paying tithe when it should be obvious that that paying tithe offers no economic benefits to anyone but the pastors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What If All These Things Are Really True? / Bishop David Abioye: "Don't Vote For People That Value Cow More Than Life" / Newman Emmanuel Edward: "If You Are Rich & Don't Help Pastors, You Will Die"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.