Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 (50541 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu In Dublin, Ireland For Igbo Summer Cultural Fiesta (Photos) / FFK And Wife, Precious Arrive Enugu For Igbo And Yoruba Summit / Ikoyi $43 Million: Magu, Presidency In Dilemma Over The Discovered Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Paretomaster(m): 3:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
carmag:

to make it simply ! are you in support of actualization of biafra or not ?

you were sounding good initially but it seems you want to dabble into excuses

just a simple question: are you in support of biafra to go

thanks..

Bro, I will be more than happy to see u ppl leave, and actualize ur dream, but not in dis manner..
the Question is are u ppl ready to leave?

am sure if u are all asked to leave today,many will kick against it.

just put ur house in order first, and tow the part of peace...u can't keep calling us names, insulting us, and still expect us to welcome u as Foreigners.....

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 25, 2017
Paretomaster:

Bro, I will be more than happy to see u ppl leave, and actualize ur dream, but not in dis manner..
the Question is are u ppl ready to leave?

am sure if u are all asked to leave today,many will kick against it.

just put ur house in order first, and tow the part of peace...u can't keep calling us names, insulting us, and still expect us to welcome u as Foreigners.....

Good !! Good !! Now you are talking

your question about if we are ready to leave lets leave it for another day because since 1966 it was the same agitation to leave that provoked Nigeria/Biafra war, though you were not yet born by then but history must have enlightened you

..from 1966~2017 that is roughly 51yrs ..habbaa pls support Biafra bro. .Nigeria nation is a big setback to the Igbos

look at how the clueless or Nigeria leaders have turned the country to a laughing stock in the committee of other nations
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by lexy2014: 4:46pm On Jan 25, 2017
carmag:

the most important resources in a country blessed with huge population like Nigeria should be human capital development if well harnessed, countries like China, Japan, Germany, Britain and host of others have been assisting Nigeria both financial and military equipment despite the overrated Nigeria's crude oil
my brother u are a great man.u are so on point.d other resource I have in mind is land.d prob is we are more interested in d minerals in d land.apart from crude oil,which mineral is making any significant contribution to d economy?none. only 7 states or so out of 36 have oil.but all d states have land and human resources. There's no law that prevents states from exploiting their land for agriculture and using that to boost state revenue.afterall,cocoa ,groundnut&palm oil were used to build universities, roads,hospitals and provide scholarship in d 60s.like u rightly noted, d likes of Japan, Britain,Germany and Switzerland who have no resource to control are far better than Nigeria cos they exploited d talents and knowledge of their human resources. D UAE has oil but its more known for other things than oil.so resource control makes more money available for our lazy governors and regional leaders to chop. So y are we fighting over "resource control" when there's more than enough resources at d disposal of states and regions?
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Paretomaster(m): 5:09pm On Jan 25, 2017
carmag:

your question about if we are ready to leave lets leave it for another day because since 1966 it was the same agitation to leave that provoked Nigeria/Biafra war, though you were not yet born by then but history must have enlightened you

..from 1966~2017 that is roughly 51yrs ..habbaa pls support Biafra bro. .Nigeria nation is a big setback to the Igbos

look at how the clueless or Nigeria leaders have turned the country to a laughing stock in the committee of other nations

If u want to start trading blame, I can tell u ur ppl are d reason we r here today, hate, tribalism, disunity greed, all can be traced to ur ppl before the first Coup, and civil war, the number of easterners occupying various key position, and the population of them outside their above, shows how tolerant other tribes are to them.

Even Nzeogwu was so accommodated, and accepted that he have to adopt Kaduna as part of his name...

You ppl just can't be contented, gv u an inch, and u already taking a mile...u keep acting like u r d only set of ppl facing hardship in d country......

You not to secede, fine, but do it d proper way...
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 25, 2017
This clown Thief obasanjo is a master of insincerity , Twice in history as he was preparing to handover power, he had an opportunity (especially as a n outgoing military ruler in 1979) to pick, support or recommend an an Igbo presidential candidate to succeed him, but on both occasions he opted for Northerners.

Only now when he has no power and seeking relevance that he starts drumming for Igbo presidency apparently.

I Hate this rotten virus of a man. angry
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 25, 2017
Paretomaster:

If u want to start trading blame, I can tell u ur ppl are d reason we r here today, hate, tribalism, disunity greed, all can be traced to ur ppl before the first Coup, and civil war, the number of easterners occupying various key position, and the population of them outside their above, shows how tolerant other tribes are to them.

Even Nzeogwu was so accommodated, and accepted that he have to adopt Kaduna as part of his name...

You ppl just can't be contented, gv u an inch, and u already taking a mile...u keep acting like u r d only set of ppl facing hardship in d country......

You not to secede, fine, but do it d proper way...

proper way as in...

for the records the recent face of biafra have been through peaceful demonstration even in the face of attacks by the security forces

which other proper way are you referring to

from your judgement biafrans are the enemies of Nigeria and this is why they should be allowed to go so that others can be in peace

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 25, 2017
Nnamdi Azikwe was the first and only Igbo president all though in those days the role of the president was mainly ceremonial and power resided with the prime minister who was Balewa .
Wiseandtrue:

57 years of Nigerian existence. They have not ruled the country that they are part of .

OBJ is right on this one.
Any party zoning the presidential position to the North again is only inviting anarchy.
We need peace!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by cheruv: 5:55pm On Jan 25, 2017
einsteine:

God forbid Anioma being a part of the South East. There is a huge difference in culture once you cross the river Niger to Anambra. Agbor, Asaba, Kwale, Abor, none of these places have ever been seriously associated with the region known as the south east.
Stop being stupid!!!! angry
The reason I added that plebiscite tag is to use it and shut up the mouths of vocal minorities like you angry just as our fathers voted by an overwhelming majority to leave Western region, that's how I together with other like minded Anioma sons would ensure that the British mistake of 1939 was corrected with the realignment of the Western Igbo clans to their brothers East of the river

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by manikspears: 6:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
CoolFreeday:
I support an Igbo President but I don't think they themselves to be president especially their youth, because if you want to be a President of Nigeria, you should be drawing other ethnic groups to you and not driving them away.
You have a big point there. They are forming biafra now, will they still form biafra then? If they stop their biafra failed, d.o.a nonsense how would they feel if one northerner starts behaving like nnamdi kanu. Until we change our backward tribalistic mentality, this country won't move forward. It is not about your tribe, it is about your ability to perform.
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by disumusa: 6:18pm On Jan 25, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Remind me again, how long did he rule
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by biz2get(m): 6:22pm On Jan 25, 2017
come to think of it, if an igbo man ruled Nigeria.

he will kuku ma just grant them biafra or what they wan and be chilling... shocked
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Newmanluckyman(m): 6:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
sanandreas:

That is where Nigerian youths get it wrong. Until individualism and professionalism be at the helm of affairs we would not forge ahead. I am not Igbo but I think they would rule well. Let's give it a try.
... At the bolded, when you voted obj, Shehu shagari, Buhari and yaradua of the blessed memory did you ever consider given them a trial? Didn't you vote expressly? You guys are funny! Let me tell you one thing :the igbo nation is not a savage Kingdom or a nation begging for political position but takes what belongs to them at the right time.
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by manikspears: 6:31pm On Jan 25, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
... At the bolded, when you voted obj, Shehu shagari, Buhari and yaradua of the blessed memory did you ever consider given them a trial? Didn't you vote expressly? You guys are funny! Let me tell you one thing :the igbo nation is not a savage Kingdom or a nation begging for political position but takes what belongs to them at the right time.
Like the coup abi. Bros let's think and create a better tomorrow for our children. Breaking apart won't bring us anything good. Has any country tried such and not go through agony? If you are banking on southsouth for because of their oil or port , them go sly you so te.
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Newmanluckyman(m): 7:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
manikspears:

Like the coup abi. Bros let's think and create a better tomorrow for our children. Breaking apart won't bring us anything good. Has any country tried such and not go through agony? If you are banking on southsouth for because of their oil or port , them go sly you so te.
... You are going astray right now. Stick to the topic. We are not enthusiastic about the presidency. Even HAUSA man has not been an elected president before. I am in for a total restructuring of the system whereby there is justice, mutual respect, peace, egalitarianism and Development. If all these are elusive then option B should be the answer.
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by manikspears: 7:48pm On Jan 25, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
... You are going astray right now. Stick to the topic. We are not enthusiastic about the presidency. Even HAUSA man has not been an elected president before. I am in for a total restructuring of the system whereby there is justice, mutual respect, peace, egalitarianism and Development. If all these are elusive then option B should be the answer.
I want us to focus on option a alone,pls. I sleep every night hoping I will wake up the next day and option a will tell me good morning.
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Newmanluckyman(m): 7:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
manikspears:

I want us to focus on option a alone,pls. I sleep every night hoping I will wake up the next day and option a will tell me good morning.
... Yea you are right but it's not happening. So what do we do?
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by manikspears: 8:36pm On Jan 25, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
... Yea you are right but it's not happening. So what do we do?
No matter what, let's stay together. Focus on the benefits of having each other .we all need each other. Yes I know some people are getting greedy and those are the enemy of progress.
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by barcaboi(m): 9:31pm On Jan 25, 2017
imhotep:
They are coneheads usually grin grin
hmm...guess the west is what u referring to
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by ofwest47(m): 10:17pm On Jan 25, 2017
Oh! conspiracy wherefore will thou hide thy eyebrows___
Shakespeare Julius Caesar.
What the Igbos believed befell them in the country today are the architects of their own misfortunes
Recollect: "I WILL GO TO THE WEST " Daily Times Newspaper caption of that day in 1962 when the then Premier of the Eastern Region Michael Okpara was advised to keep off and not to go and fish in the trouble waters of the West during the Action Group party crisis of 1962. " The result of I will go to the west" was the declaration of State of Emergency in the West on 19th May 1962 and by 1963 the sentencing of Obafemi Awolowo to 10years imprisonment for hooked up treasonable felony charge.
Again it will be recalled, Obafemi Awolowo had proposed the creation of three additional regions of Mid West from the West , Middle Belt Region from the North and Calabar Ogoja Rivers ( COR) Region from the East.
And by 1963 The Midwest Region was created from the West with Denis Osadebey from the Igbo speaking area of the region of what we know as Delta state today.
While it was possible to create the Mid West, the creation of COR region from the East and the creation Middle Belt from the North became an impossibility and a no go area despite the serious agitation to that effect by the like of Joseph Tarka for the Middle Belt and the likes of Ken Sarowiwa, The Brigg brothers Wenike and Lulu Briggs for the Calabar Ogoja Rivers region. What ended the life of those mentioned and their supporters are well known to all and sundry.
All that are happening to day, Boko Haram in the N E Fulani herds men, insurgency in South South and the S E would have been avoided to day if the needful had been done when it was supposed to be done before now but for tribal and ethnic
politics of those yesteryears and is where we found ourselves today.

The solution to Nigeria problem is to back to the basis of six regions as originally proposed by Obafemi Awolowo to achieve the lasting peace in the country
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by cuminside: 5:52am On Jan 26, 2017
lastpage:

Yea!..... since 1967! and still counting! grin grin grin

Chest beaters ehn!?
shocked shocked grin grin

Lastpage!

BTW: After Buhari's Presidency, you dont need a prophet to tell you where the next President of Nigeria will come from.
Eewu-Yiibo is no-where to be found. tongue tongue

After slavery was abolished by law in the united states by Abraham Lincoln, it took the black Americans 100 years to actually realize it, though the law guaranteed their freedom 100 years back. 1967 to 2017 is not up to 100 years ok you illiterate that have accepted your slavery status. Biafra will continue to hunt Nigeria till we leave. We will never share the same country with cursed subhumans. We are different breed of blacks in the entire world so we need to stay on our own. So go to hell
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by lastpage: 12:28pm On Jan 26, 2017
carmag:

Sharrap and get the phuck back to your wasteland of Biafra!

Nobody is tying you down with rope!

You'all go to your village every Xmas and New Year yet would pay through your nose to come back to the South-West!
Imagine paying #13,000 per seat on Chisco Bus, even for a small child...... just to come back to Lagos?

Why dont you just stay back and declare your Biafra immediately.

Leave kor, Left nii.

Just be honest, GREED for other people's land and FEAR of the future cannot allow you to even dare to do what you want.
grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by lastpage: 12:34pm On Jan 26, 2017
cuminside:

After slavery was abolished by law in the united states by Abraham Lincoln, it took the black Americans 100 years to actually realize it, though the law guaranteed their freedom 100 years back. 1967 to 2017 is not up to 100 years ok you illiterate that have accepted your slavery status. Biafra will continue to hunt Nigeria till we leave. We will never share the same country with cursed subhumans. We are different breed of blacks in the entire world so we need to stay on our own. So go to hell

Look at this child of Anger and Hate!

Okay, if you say Yorubas are slaves...

Since 1967, count how many Yorubas have ruled this country as Presidents or Head of State.
Now, tell me if you can count a SINGLE Yiibo that has ruled this country or your phatom Biafra?
grin grin

Now, you know who is the real slave in Nigeria, begging Yorubas to support them so they can regain freedom from Hausa grin undecided undecided

Slaves dont rule overe their masters. Yorubas have been ruling Nigeria but you slaves will never smell Aso Rock!
Even minorities like South-South are far ahead of you and have tasted Aso Rock!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by agobentim: 12:48pm On Jan 26, 2017
You both are ANIMALS, ETHNIC JINGOIST with IRREDENTIST BLOOD.
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 26, 2017
lastpage:

You'all go to your village every Xmas and New Year yet would pay through your nose to come back to the South-West!
Imagine paying #13,000 per seat on Chisco Bus, even for a small child...... just to come back to Lagos?

Leave kor, Left nii.

Just be honest, GREED for other people's land and FEAR of the future cannot allow you to even dare to do what you want.
grin grin

Lastpage!

""Sharaap""

pls can you explain what you mean by that term so I can know if you deserve my attention

i was busy with the gentleman i quoted for the whole day in a very matured manner until I saw your post

thank you
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 26, 2017
lastpage:

Leave kor, Left nii.

grin grin

Lastpage!

lol.. insolence will only attract your likes
constructive engagement is a sign of maturity
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by einsteine(m): 9:45pm On Jan 27, 2017
cheruv:

Stop being stupid!!!! angry
The reason I added that plebiscite tag is to use it and shut up the mouths of vocal minorities like you angry just as our fathers voted by an overwhelming majority to leave Western region, that's how I together with other like minded Anioma sons would ensure that the British mistake of 1939 was corrected with the realignment of the Western Igbo clans to their brothers East of the river

You are an idiot for calling me stupid. In short, you are lacking a functional brain if you think an overwhelming majority of so called Anioma citizens would want to join the south east that's been unable to make any serious progress despite its high degree of homogeneity. The joke is actually on you as there are only two types of people who want an Anioma State that would be with the South East. 1. Confused tribalists like you 2. Those who want political power and think such an arrangement would help them.

The vast majority of Ika and Ndokwa people would rather remain in the South South. Good luck with your deranged mission that would never be actualized.

To cap it all, let me reiterate that you are a confused fool.
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by cheruv: 9:58pm On Jan 27, 2017
einsteine:

You are an idiot for calling me stupid. In short, you are lacking a functional brain if you think an overwhelming majority of so called Anioma citizens would want to join the south east that's been unable to make any serious progress despite its high degree of homogeneity. The joke is actually on you as there are only two types of people who want an Anioma State that would be with the South East. 1. Confused tribalists like you 2. Those who want political power and think such an arrangement would help them.

The vast majority of Ika and Ndokwa people would rather remain in the South South. Good luck with your deranged mission that would never be actualized.

To cap it all, let me reiterate that you are a confused fool.
Rantings from a non Anioma undecided
Biko lemme jump and pass...I no get time for person wey get identity crisis cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by einsteine(m): 10:06pm On Jan 27, 2017
cheruv:

Rantings from a non Anioma undecided
Biko lemme jump and pass...I no get time for person wey get identity crisis cheesy

I am from Emu-unor in Ndokwa West Lga of Delta state. You are the one with identity crises since you think you are from the south east of Nigeria. Have you been to Anambra state to hear what they call people like you? I guess not.
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by juman(m): 8:44am On Jan 28, 2017
Stingman:

What did OBJ and GEJ do for their people?

OBJ and GEJ did nothing for their people.
Both only enriched themselves and their few close friends.
Thats why we common man should much more concern about good governance than any thing else.

The main thing done by buhari for his fulani people is they have more free hand to commit big crimes.
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by cheruv: 9:52am On Jan 28, 2017
einsteine:

I am from Emu-unor in Ndokwa West Lga of Delta state. You are the one with identity crises since you think you are from the south east of Nigeria. Have you been to Anambra state to hear what they call people like you? I guess not.
Am from ndokwa East but I live in the East... Aba specifically
Whatever Anambra people call isn't my biz after all na them get their mouth grin
Am building a consensus on this Anioma issue among Easterners... So just watch and see. angry
Moreover its people like yours that prevented ohaneze from submitting Anioma along with Abia and Enugwu to IBB as states to be created in '91. Now we're trying to erase that mentality but nonentities like you are trying hard to reinforce that image with the possible consequences it'd have on our working together with the Easterners to achieve our common goals
People like you never learn from history undecided
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:53am On Jan 28, 2017
naijaking1:
No Igbo president until Igbos have equal number of states, otherwise he will just be a slave under hostage
Give me 10 reasons--- reasonable ones, not stu*pid ones --- why your tiny region deserves equal number of states. Please, just state 10 benefits why this should be so. Remember, tribalism and hate are not reasons.

Go.
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by einsteine(m): 11:11am On Jan 28, 2017
cheruv:

Am from ndokwa East but I live in the East... Aba specifically
Whatever Anambra people call isn't my biz after all na them get their mouth grin
Am building a consensus on this Anioma issue among Easterners... So just watch and see. angry
Moreover its people like yours that prevented ohaneze from submitting Anioma along with Abia and Enugwu to IBB as states to be created in '91. Now we're trying to erase that mentality but nonentities like you are trying hard to reinforce that image with the possible consequences it'd have on our working together with the Easterners to achieve our common goals
People like you never learn from history undecided

Keep being an idiot and trying to force yourself on a group of people who consider you inferior. What is there to learn from history? What special achievements have the eastern people achieved that would make one ally with them?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Benin City On Lockdown For Peter Obi / Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.