Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? (3812 Views)

Female Virginity In Islam / Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? / Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? by eghosaobas: 10:49pm On Nov 29, 2009
I know this topic came up earlier and it was somehow block while people have not finished contributing their own quota. So is HIJAB a sign of purity&virginity?
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? by maedan(f): 11:43pm On Nov 29, 2009
Of purity? Naaah. Tonight I just heard a my hijab'd young neighbor use some nasty swear words just bc a cousin "borrowed" her expensive gloves without permission. They'll tie head and neck but have some seriously filthy mouths/minds. But they might be virgins shaa undecided tongue.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? by IbrahimB: 11:55pm On Nov 29, 2009
So is HIJAB a sign of purity&virginity?

The Hijab is not a sign of virginity.

Nor was it required by Islam for this purpose.

Rather it was meant to make women appear in a decent covering and protect them from harassment.

Frankly, there are only minor differences between the nun's dressing and the Hijab.

That some Muslim women do abuse the Hijab is entirely another issue.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? by eghosaobas: 6:44am On Nov 30, 2009
Na wa
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? by eghosaobas: 9:13pm On Dec 01, 2009
Were are all the muslims?are you all scared of dis topic?
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? by Elytoblatojelory: 9:33pm On Dec 01, 2009
Hijab is not a sign of virginity.Those people using hijab should not be fully trusted and we don't know their past
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? by eghosaobas: 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2009
Thank you
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? by segyemaro(m): 6:00pm On Dec 05, 2009
maedan:

Of purity? Naaah. Tonight I just heard a my hijab'd young neighbor use some nasty swear words just bc a cousin "borrowed" her expensive gloves without permission. They'll tie head and neck but have some seriously filthy mouths/minds. But they might be virgins shaa undecided tongue.
na wah
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? by eghosaobas: 2:55pm On Dec 18, 2009
they pretend alot
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? by deols(f): 5:46pm On Dec 19, 2009
What nonsense have you all been saying? Hijab is definitely not a sign of virginity as it is used by married and unmarried women.

A sign of purity? YES! to some extent because you definitely cannot compare them in terms of modesty to some girls who are only too happy to express themselves only with the raglike stuffs they put on.

If you say some girls where Hijab and still behave in some unexpected ways, then am telling you they are only showcasing the human nature which is not without fault.(not that am in support)

And no matter what you say, muslim girls are still the most decent and are at a higher probability of being virgins @ marriage.

1 Like

Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? by segyemaro(m): 9:26am On Dec 22, 2009
Deols are u sure? Becuse i stays in the north,and i will willingly disagree with ur submission.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? by zayhal(f): 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2009
You stay in the north, so what? Who told you northerners are models for Islam? infact a lot of northern women wear the hijab more as just a cultural dressing than for being a muslimah. so you can't use the characters of those kinds to judge.

Anyone who takes on the hijab willingly, and wears it correctly can never be compared with those who don't. No one is created perfectly, and even with the hijab, human lapses are bound to occur every now and then but the truth is that the one who wears hijab is more courteous, feels more remorseful and strives to behave better than her counterparts.

Hijab isn't a sign of virginity as even a former prostitute who sincerely repents to Allah can begin to wear the hijab. A woman who hasn't been wearing it can begin to wear it at any age.

No one can deny the fact that the number of women wearing hijab and commiting atrocities is far far negligible to the number of the non-wearing ones commiting different forms atrocities in the world today.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? by Orikinla(m): 1:26pm On Apr 12, 2010
The HIJAB came before ISLAM.
As the Black Stone of Kaaba came before Islam.

I know the origins of Islam than 99.9 of all those who claim to be Muslims.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? by chakula: 3:22pm On Apr 12, 2010
@orikinla,

The HIJAB came before ISLAM.
As the Black Stone of Kaaba came before Islam.

I know the origins of Islam than 99.9 of all those who claim to be Muslims.

[quote][/quote]

This simply implied to me that you be acquainted with nonentity in the research field, please get intouched with any grassland that you don't have knowledge in it before you commented.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? by Deen4me(m): 11:19am On Apr 15, 2010
This seems to be heading towards a Hijab / Muslimah Bashing thread

Allah says in the Quran

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show

off their adornment except only that which is apparent , and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to

reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their

brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male

servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their

adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful”

[al-Noor 24:31]

The verse above guides all believing women worldwide on how to dress in front of people who are not relatives

Take note that the verse did not say all virgin believing women.

That being said,

Hijab is not a sign of virginity

It does however show that the person wearing it,respects herself enough to know that her body is not for everyone to look at.

Only her Husband and the people listed in the verse above are permitted to see her without her Hijab

1 Like

Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? by Nobody: 11:12am On May 29, 2010
Deen4me:

This seems to be heading towards a Hijab / Muslimah Bashing thread

Allah says in the Quran

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show

off their adornment except only that which is apparent , and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to

reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their

brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male

servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine intimacy. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their

adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful”

[al-Noor 24:31]

The verse above guides all believing women worldwide on how to dress in front of people who are not relatives

Take note that the verse did not say all virgin believing women.

That being said,

Hijab is not a sign of virginity

It does however show that the person wearing it,respects herself enough to know that her body is not for everyone to look at.

Only her Husband and the people listed in the verse above are permitted to see her without her Hijab

GBAM.@OP ARE U NOW SATISFIED?
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? by mimi321(f): 7:26pm On Jul 20, 2012
no hijab is not a sign of purtiy and virginity for example a girl can wear hijab but still be a slut s there is no difference

(1) (Reply)

Truth, Disbelief And Renewal Of Faith / List Of Female Muslim Names And Their Meanings / Keeping Company With People/friends Engaging In Haram (unlawful) Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.