Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,303 members, 7,811,897 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? (16652 Views)

Contentment: Sign Of A True Believer / Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? / Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity& Virginity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by segyemaro(m): 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2009
I stays in the north and i am always at maiduguri for business,The hotel were i usualy Lodge women,i mean muslim women with full Hijab comes to that hotel for customers.Initially i never knew,until when i asked the hotel managers who were these women looking for and he told me that they were there to hussle for me. I thought he was joking,i called one of them,she came then we started bargaining for her ass. Since then i stoped respecting any muslim that uses Hijab. So i dont know what your own take on this issue is?
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by Lagosboy: 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2009
The hijab itself is not a sign of purity rather it is an identity of a muslim woman as commanded by the most high.

purity of faith is in the heart and translates into action (good deeds) after the professing with the toungue.

In every scheme of life you have people with weak faith and iman and the iman of every single soul does fluctuate and it is not static. Prostitution has been since the creation of man and it would forever remain even in the most strict environments.

The fact of you seeing these should not make you lose your respect for ladies in the hijab in the least because you dont judge a nation by the actions of some elements. There would always be bad eggs in every scheme of life and it is the same way these women sleep around some religious men also sleep around for whateve reason. The women alone should not be castigated as if there is no market for them they would have found other means of survival.

Its a shame the economy is terrible and most of these women dont have any men to tkae care of them and no viable means of income. These women need rehabilitaion and vocational training to give them a dignified life.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2009
Good explanation from Lagosboy there, only that I'm not comfortable with the mention of economy. No matter how bad an economy is, there is no justification for unchastity.
However let me call the poster's attention to the fact that in the north, even the non-Muslims wear hijab. I'm not concluding that the women he saw are non-Muslims though.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by segyemaro(m): 6:23pm On Feb 24, 2009
Lagosboy,you have realy spoken well.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by segyemaro(m): 6:25pm On Feb 24, 2009
the non muslims that wears hijab are those working with mostly muslims and a muslim organisation. and also those living in a muslim populated area.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by Lagosboy: 6:32pm On Feb 24, 2009
Jarus thats a good point and i did not intend to implicitly give excuse for prostitution. The economy should not lead women to prostitution but it inflames an already weak eeman.

The Caliph Umar (RA) said poverty is next to kufr - this really means a lot and the prophet (SAw) use to make d dua "llahumo inni audhubika minnal Kufri wal Faqri" Oh Allah i seek refuge with you from Disbelief and poverty.

There is a reason why he linked the two and it is because shaitan uses poverty to capitalise on a weak eeman.

May Allah strenghten our eeman and turn us away from poverty and turn poverty away from us.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by Lagosboy: 6:36pm On Feb 24, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-233135.0.html

This thread is a christian lady who likes the muslim women's mode of dressing. You can all contribute.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by Nobody: 2:43am On Feb 25, 2009
@OP,
For crying out loud. You should be mature enough to know that a number of people in any group carrying out bad deeds, should not be enough reason to write off the entire group as a whole. I assume you are a christian. As one, have you stopped respecting all the pastors in the world because of what that pastor in Aba state did to those children he accused of witchcraft?
And to all, please lets get along, every religious thread does not have to be an avenue for venting hatred.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by segyemaro(m): 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2009
yea,but what i sued to believe is that Hijab is a sign of purity,i am not condeming anybody,but just trying to set the record straight.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by segyemaro(m): 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2009
just trying to set the record straight.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by babs787(m): 7:47pm On Feb 27, 2009
What record sir? Is it champions' league record or what grin
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by segyemaro(m): 7:06pm On Feb 28, 2009
pls be serious.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by babs787(m): 7:28pm On Feb 28, 2009
Am damn serious, what record are you setting straight please?
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by eghosaobas: 9:04pm On Mar 01, 2009
the to know if Hijab is realy a sign of purity.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by Mustay(m): 10:43pm On Mar 01, 2009
Outward display doesn't disclose inner feelings.

As long as your conscience is aware of your deeds, your intentions matter more.

May we not advertise products without value.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by segyemaro(m): 8:13pm On Mar 02, 2009
thank you
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by Lagosboy: 7:36am On Mar 03, 2009
@ segyemaro

Are u muslim or christian?
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by segyemaro(m): 12:38pm On Mar 03, 2009
why do want to know?
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by Lagosboy: 1:03pm On Mar 03, 2009
Nigerian answering a qustion with a question lols. grin I am just curious simple as that I am a muslim if you want to know and just curious abt your faith.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by segyemaro(m): 10:10pm On Mar 04, 2009
i am a christain,so what do you want to hear from me?
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by ayinba1(f): 1:45am On Mar 05, 2009
@segyemro,
hijab is not a sign of purity but I see it as an outward attempt to comply with the injunctions of Islamic dressing, intentions of the heart on the other hand are known only to The Most High
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by Mustay(m): 10:11am On Mar 08, 2009
If I relate to you the atrocities that are committed these days with hijab as a cover-up, you would be disgusted.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by MrCrackles(m): 10:18am On Mar 08, 2009
Na wa ooo!
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 08, 2009
Mustay, there is really no need for that.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by arramyjay: 11:28am On Mar 08, 2009
No it is nt.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 08, 2009
ayinba1:

@segyemro,
hijab is not a sign of purity but I see it as an outward attempt to comply with the injunctions of Islamic dressing, intentions of the heart on the other hand are known only to The Most High
Well said. Hijab, like any other outward Islamic symbol, does not automatically translate to purity. But that is not an excuse not to use it as a Muslim female. Only Allah sees the heart and it is not for us to probe on the purity or not of the wearer. But , again, it is not an automatic sign of purity. A user, like any other human, is not immuned from misdemeanor.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by marvisjoy: 8:53pm On Mar 09, 2009
thanks
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by shafiyah: 11:54pm On Mar 10, 2009
Yes hi jab is a sign of obeying the commandment of ALLAH and the sunna.but out of hundred hijab sisters you would find one carrying out bad deeds while out of hundred that were not you will find ninety-nine carrying out bad deeds.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by Lagosboy: 7:45am On Mar 11, 2009
shafiyah:

Yes hi jab is a sign of obeying the commandment of ALLAH and the sunna.but out of hundred hijab sisters you would find one carrying out bad deeds while out of hundred that were not you will find ninety-nine carrying out bad deeds.

True talk!
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by auwal87(m): 6:49pm On Mar 14, 2009
@ Poster

Most Christian Ladies do wear cross on their necks "even the prostitutes" but that does not make them purified, right?

If I am right on the above, then you should also agree that, Muslim Lady that does not wear Hijab may be more purified than the one that wears the Hijab. This is a matter of "Faith" only Allah knows how purified one's heart is.

Were they wearing Niqab (i.e. covering their faces as well)? If their faces are covered then most likely they are trying to hide themselves from people that knew them, because they know what they are doing may tarnish their image in their community. Those women may then be regarded as "Hypocrites".

May Almighty Allah guide them to the rightful way, Amin.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by segyemaro(m): 5:17pm On Mar 16, 2009
Auwal 87,you have just hit the nail on the head.
Re: Is Hijab A Sign Of Purity? by marvisjoy: 9:29am On Mar 21, 2009
i also use to believe that Hijab wearing is the sign of PURITY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Can Someone From The North Explain The Conflicts With Shiites? / Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. / Major Shirk And Minor Shirk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.