Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,391 members, 7,830,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? (24217 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th / Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? / Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by sweetlaw: 11:22am On Jan 25, 2017
drss2:
i said dis before n i will say it again: THOSE WHO VOTED DIS GOVT SHOULD BE D ONES TO DO D PROTEST.

U are right jare.... Just the same waythey were all foolishly shouting 'sai baba' they should also all go out and shout whatever they can shout., we dey there backs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 25, 2017
If this where Egypt, Algeria or any of the Arab nations, I would have jumped up and be first in line cos I know it will be a serious affair. Protest in Nigeria? Forget it

Some people will come out protesting against your protest against the government. You know who I'm talking about

1 Like

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 25, 2017
Naija is overdue for a Rawling's revolution!

1 Like

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Mcowubaba: 11:25am On Jan 25, 2017
On point..
But my reservations are
1) Hope hoodlums will not hijack the "peaceful" protest and use it as an avenue to loot, maim or destroy properties.
2) Hope Igbos will not use the protest to seek for their own agenda, this may not go well with the ideology and motives of this protest.
3) Most Importantly, hope Nigerian's useless Security illiterate operatives, will not have a fun filled day shooting sporadically at the protesters as USUAL..

AMENSTY International, local and other international media agencies should monitor the protest in each Locality.
Video it all..

Buhari is the worst Thing to happen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 25, 2017
realone2012:
PART OF THE REASON THE PROTEST CAN NOT BE SUCCESSFUL. NIGERIANS ALWAYS SHYING AWAY FROM RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUICK TO BLAME OTHERS
Did most Nigerians supported nlc on the fuel hike? Weren't they laughing at them because they are divided?
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by drss2(m): 11:39am On Jan 25, 2017
BandAid:

And when the gains that results from the so called protest come, would ONLY those people who voted in the present govt enjoy them?

Apparently, you are still pained by the elction loss of GEJ. PLS MOVE ON! Neither Buhari nor GEJ is the decider of your fate. Your future is in your hands! Take responsibility for your successes and failures. Act now! Do something!
REVOLUTION is wat nigeria need not protest. any protest geared towards petty tings like good governance, corruption, economic calamity etc without fundamental surgery of d con3's economic n political structure n nigeria's current feeding bottle system will be a complete waste of time.
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 25, 2017
drss2:
REVOLUTION is wat nigeria need not protest. any protest geared towards petty tings like good governance, corruption, economic calamity etc without fundamental surgery of d con3's economic n political structure n nigeria's current feeding bottle system will be a complete waste of time.

Can you please educate me on the distinction between a revolution and a protest? How do you bring about revolution in a democratic setting as Nigeria without a protest? I don't want to believe you are just playing to the gallery here.
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Lovechyld101(m): 11:45am On Jan 25, 2017
They have pushed us to the wall we don even dey chill inside the wall. I believe one man can change the world. This protest will have a ripple effect. If we don't fight now what will our children eat.
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by me69: 11:48am On Jan 25, 2017
winningwinner:
I received a mail this morning calling all well meaning Nigerians to come out and protest government's insensitivity to the plight of the conmon man. Reading down the message I saw some sensible and salient issues being addreesed, but what came to my mind threw a chill to my spines. Will Nigerians behave properly during the said protest? Will they conduct themselves properly without giving room to hoodlums to loot, destroy and render innocent people's property useless? Will they have the support of the general populace? Will the law enforcement agencies not have a field day as they waste innocent blood at the slightest provocation? Will the government honour the intentions of the protesters and use it to form opinions and address obnoxious policies?
If the above issues can be addressed and understanding reached, I think the protesters have my support. I don't know about you...

Exerpt:
FIRST MASSIVE NATIONWIDE PROTESTS ON THE 5TH OF FEBRUARY, 2017.

A call for good governance.

A call for urgent explanation into the reckless economic downturn nationwide.

A call for nationwide protests as we say No to the Executive, No to legislatures, No to judiciary... You have all failed us.

We the people are tired. We can no longer continue with all of you. All your excuses and mistakes are not funny. We do not wish to continue with a system and government that is not working but afflicting the people. We the people of this country not living under the privileges of government allowances and remuneration have now accepted to take the bull by the horn to come out and protest this obnoxious and baseless policies and excuses of the government of the day.

Where are the recovered looted funds?

Why do we still have the executive arms and legislatures still enjoying their salaries and allowances while we hear there's no money to pay workers?

Why do we still see ceaseless power failures with no explanation and hope of getting out of it unlike before?

Why do we keep seeing peace talks in Niger Delta, fulani heardsmen and ipob without any solutions being reached, while the strategies keeps aggravating the people involved as political leaders stage forums to extort funds in the name of addressing their subjects?

Why did we have petrol price rise to 145 for the sake of global oil price crash and removal of subsidy but such price is still being maintained despite significant re-awakening of the oil price from $30/barrel to $56/barrel?

Who is to be held accountable for the sudden and continuous hike in price of commodities in the market, where for the first time in history, Nigeria is suddenly selling kerosene at 400 naira per litre as against 50 naira per litre, diesel at 300 naira per litre as against 100 naira per litre and petrol from 87 naira to 145 naira? Yet maintaining the same systems, environment and maybe a lesser money spending government.

There's need for Nigerians to rise against what is happening in this country having waited patiently for the legislatures that were elected to represent the people all to no avail.

How can there be rise in cost of living all of a sudden and no one is telling us what is actually happening? Not even a single person in power to address the challenges in the various sectors and introduce palliative measures by the government to cushion the effects?

We call on all Nigerians of good conscience to rise against this inhumanity against mankind, dehumanization and heartlesness living in high places piloting the affairs of this country while we're yet to drawn into a deep blue sea.

To this cause, we the masses wish to use this medium to alert ourselves that on the 5th of February, 2017 , there shall be a nationwide massive protest from state to state, local government to local government, ward to ward and kindred to kindred.

For the first time, all Nigerians shall match out of their houses to the streets with placards displaying what displeases you in the Nigeria of today both in the executive, legislatures and judiciary arms of government.

Cars shall carry green leaves to display the unhappiness we the masses have towards the economic uncertainties in Nigeria and the displeasure of hearing of excuses and mistakes here and there in governance.

Nobody said anybody is above resignation if he cannot meet up the yearnings of the people like David Cameron of United kingdom.

We are tired of getting surprises whenever we visit the market and yet no shake up in government spending amidst the dwindling economic reserve. Our governors and top government functionaries keep living flamboyant lifestyle, building mansions and buying up properties abroad at the most expensive locations in the world and they end up going away with it once they identify with government or political party of the day.

Enough is enough.

We have been pushed to the wall, we have reached our crossroads and our last hope before we are drawned in silence without notice is a massive protest and a vote of no confidence on the people we voted to pilot the affairs of our nation.

May we rise to demand a bann on the following:

Security votes of every government functionaries. Why do we spend extra while their security operatives rely on their normal salaries, why even continue this scheme in a dwindling economy as this in Nigeria today?

Oversight functions.

Excessive allowances like health and travelling allowances abroad, etc.

New yearly furniture allowances, rentals and kitchens for government houses, etc...

And the need to start owing governors salaries etc.

The need to stop local government allocations till they start functioning constitutionally.

The need to channel youth empowerment programs towards youth friendly programs such as sports, information technology, entertainment, innovations, inventions and not just agriculture or farming.

We call on state of emergency on power, bad roads, poor governance, dead local government areas, electoral frauds etc.

God help Nigeria as we rise on the 5th of February, 2017.

Long live the people of the federal republic of Nigeria.

Pls pass it on till it gets to over 145million Nigerians suffering from the current hardship that is capable of turning this country into a living hell if nothing is done about it NOW.

Encourage growth, encourage development, encourage stability to all.

Help us to fight with our own voices now.
The question here is, will you protest?
How do I know you are not sponsored by the opposition party?
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by bidexmat(m): 11:55am On Jan 25, 2017
The dude is already sounding like a coward
realone2012:
PART OF THE REASON THE PROTEST CAN NOT BE SUCCESSFUL. NIGERIANS ALWAYS SHYING AWAY FROM RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUICK TO BLAME OTHERS
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Ruggedpen: 11:58am On Jan 25, 2017
realone2012:
T
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by DaudaAbu(m): 11:59am On Jan 25, 2017
There are more effective ways of protesting

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by troymesh(m): 12:01pm On Jan 25, 2017
it is time to act! let the world know the present hardship Nigerians are facing!
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Ruggedpen: 12:03pm On Jan 25, 2017
realone2012:
The main reason the protest will not hold is that the same politicians have divided us with ethnic and political hatred so that we cannot unit against them again, we now see things as APC OR PDP member, even when things are going wrong we solution as been politicize.
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Abudu2000(m): 12:07pm On Jan 25, 2017
This is the kind of thread I have been waiting for ever since

COUNT ME IN

And to those cowards that claims they can't and the cows liking their comments, d zoo is the perfect place for a monkey not nairaland....
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by jstan360(m): 12:10pm On Jan 25, 2017
REVOLUTION IS THE ONLY WAY OUT!!! :::::
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Abudu2000(m): 12:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
Milonis:
If this where Egypt, Algeria or any of the Arab nations, I would have jumped up and be first in line cos I know it will be a serious affair. Protest in Nigeria? Forget it

Some people will come out protesting against your protest against the government. You know who I'm talking about
bro con e are the days when protest required the whole masses, all you need now is a small group of persons and your smartphone, if up to 10 different scenes can be uploaded on youtube,thats enough to pass the message, no one even needs to call the press, they will come by themselves
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Cchuks27(m): 12:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
I support the protest ... fuuk this government and the leaders (PDP/APC)
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by steppin: 12:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
redsceptic:

Please shut up.

Jonathan was ruining Nigeria then just like Buhari is now; only in a different way.

People that voted for change are better than people that wanted us to continue with PDP
You shut up! You're even worse. You voted in someone who has nothing to offer, just because you wanted change.
If your people weren't blinded with tribalism and hate, they would have rejected Buhari even before the polls.
That protest will end up a huge disaster. The army will use your people for target practice, just like they have done to IPOB.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by lollmaolol(m): 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
luvinhubby:
I did my own protest by refusing to vote for APC, those who voted for this govt should do their own protest this time around.

I NO DO !

sad
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Ruggedpen: 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
you will graduate from school no work, start something how ? when there is no money, to load card self is a war, at 30 u are still with ur parents, when u try to secure N60,000. you hardly rent house with the money, even if u rent house u can't buy basic things, such as home theater, television or foam from the money because inflation cause by uselessness of the people that think that the best way to settle political party member is involved them in a post even when they Know he/she knows nothing about the the post. shame on this country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 25, 2017
izzou:
grin

To me, our only hope is 2019. This is because zombies won't let this protest work.

Let's just be patient till 2019 and vote.

I want to beg Sarrki to attend the protest
So who are you going to vote in 2019?, the same corrupt people with different name? the thing is we are all corrupt in nigeria and unpatriotic and divided and deluded. i think it's better the country get split because one nigeria will not work and I believe that should be what we should be after and not some fruitless protest. let me also add that we are suffering from mental slavery, the idea of the protests came from #WomanMarch USA. i doubts if this country is eventually given the youths of today, the gonaa destroy it than their fathers did because they lack the capability to think for themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Cchuks27(m): 12:20pm On Jan 25, 2017
Leaders LEAD Cowards COWER ...
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by puritygen: 12:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
No sensible SE/SS will fall for this, Yoruba must and some Northerns must see to it, you people called us names, betrayed us in 2015 now that the die is cast you now know we are humans ...... impossible

We have our own problems, we have been fighting for it, but this time around we will be the spectators while you guys will be the actors, let's see if fulani will use you guys for shooting practice

4 Likes

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by lekbel09(m): 12:37pm On Jan 25, 2017
Some weaklings are saying rubbish about being sponsored by opposition parties, but the truth is this,this is not a protest to challenge APC or PDP. This is a protest to show this political hoodlums that we nigerians are not weak we know wat is happening as there is so much hunger in the land. I don't care if I die in the process of protesting because I don't want my children to suffer the same hardships we are suffering in this country.I don't belong to any political party or any rubbish buh I jus want to make us to realise that this is 2much and unless we rise up against this madnesss we might all die of hunger

2 Likes

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by eunisam: 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2017
winningwinner winningwinner winningwinner

how many times did I called? Nigerians are not yet provoked enough for this protest. if they are provoked enough , they will call for peaceful or bloody revolution and not just a protest that will not make a lasting positive change.

for now I will join the 5% that will seat at home.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Princedapace(m): 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2017
Akshow:
Tribalism and nepotism go let us unite stage protest? He is my brother, he is from my state, we local govt na same, he is a Christian, he is a muslim etc, will never let us unite. Meanwhile up there, among the ruling elites, they are United in stealing national wealth and religion or tribe ain't a factor. Can't wait to leave this phucking country.

That is why we need regional govt or complete break up. We need to force these greedy leaders to regionalise this country. We are too divided for a unitary system of govt

1 Like

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 25, 2017
Abudu2000:
bro con e are the days when protest required the whole masses, all you need now is a small group of persons and your smartphone, if up to 10 different scenes can be uploaded on youtube,thats enough to pass the message, no one even needs to call the press, they will come by themselves

The liberal media you mean? Nope, bro, the media are the biggest enemies of the nation. They have been bought and they will always look the other way.....the few independent outlets willing and ready to do it are being cowed and attacked
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 25, 2017
eunisam:
winningwinner winningwinner winningwinner

how many times did I called? Nigerians are not yet provoked enough for this protest. if they are provoked enough , they will call for peaceful or bloody revolution and not just a protest that will not make a lasting positive change.

Like the Arab spring (the Arab awakening) of 2011 that swept through North Africa and the Middle East. That's what we need
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by FreeGlobe(f): 12:44pm On Jan 25, 2017
luvinhubby:
I did my own protest by refusing to vote for APC, those who voted for this govt should do their own protest this time around.

I NO DO !
Gbam!!!!!
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
DaudaAbu:
There are more effective ways of protesting

The very best!
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by FreeGlobe(f): 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
I already did my protest in 2015.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Signing "Not Too Young To Run" Bill Into Law (Photos) / Reno Omokri Resorts To Blocking / APC United Front To Tinubu: Don't Destroy Party With Your Selfish Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.