Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? (24218 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th / Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? / Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by fotadmowmend(m): 10:41am On Jan 25, 2017
Which kind of question is this??
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by redsceptic: 10:44am On Jan 25, 2017
steppin:

Oh! It's now a collective responsibility abi?
In 2015, most of you were threatening to kill people from the east and South South because they refused to vote for change.
Right now, you want the same people whom you threatened to help you correct your mistakes.

Please shut up.

Jonathan was ruining Nigeria then just like Buhari is now; only in a different way.

People that voted for change are better than people that wanted us to continue with PDP
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by ptolemy247(m): 10:48am On Jan 25, 2017
luvinhubby:
I did my own protest by refusing to vote for APC, those who voted for this govt should do their own protest this time around.

I NO DO !
Best answer so far. The best form of protest is through voting

2 Likes

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by iamfearless(m): 10:50am On Jan 25, 2017
I'll protest o. Wia e go hold?
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by czaratwork: 10:52am On Jan 25, 2017
Tuface is involved. Fulani herdsmen are depopulating his state.
JennieCutie4U:
lol... I saw this on Tuface's Instagram post this morning and am like would this really work? well, they could give it a try! Nigerians hv been soo pushed to d wall and I think its a point where they need to do something... if protesting would work or bring about a little positive change, why not.
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Rockstar2014(m): 10:52am On Jan 25, 2017
This is a good idea but my observation and worries are:

1. Presently, Nigeria is like a keg of gun powder as there is so much suffering, hunger and anger in the land.

2. Any call for a protest against the government might be hugely answered.

3. This might be an opportunity for the people particularly the youths to express their anger.

4. The outcome and consequences might also cause huge damage and may become counterproductive.

5. My fear is, what if it gets out of control, lending to innocent deaths which might be occasioned by the usual unprofessional ways our security operatives handles issues of this nature?

6. Are we truly mature both on the side of the protesters and security agencies to be civil in doing this?

7. Please let us be careful so as to remain alive for our families and loved ones in case we decide to partake.

1 Like

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by ojimbo(m): 10:53am On Jan 25, 2017
Akshow:
Tribalism and nepotism go let us unite stage protest? He is my brother, he is from my state, we local govt na same, he is a Christian, he is a muslim etc, will never let us unite. Meanwhile up there, among the ruling elites, they are United in stealing national wealth and religion or tribe ain't a factor. Can't wait to leave this phucking country.
leave the country if you can. It is full of dumb and illiterat citizens. No have sense of reasoning

3 Likes

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by bamdelarf(m): 10:53am On Jan 25, 2017
protest kee...abi yu tink nija police na ur friend...na teargas go finish evritin...our best protest is true voting...btvd prob s ao to spot d gud ones ....nija matter don tire evribody. ...
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by bamdelarf(m): 10:54am On Jan 25, 2017
protest kee...abi yu tink nija police na ur friend...na teargas go finish evritin...our best protest is true voting...bt d prob s ao to spot d gud ones ....nija matter don tire evribody. ...
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Sunnycliff(m): 10:54am On Jan 25, 2017
Afonjas will lead the protest while we ipobians will mind our business.

Buhari is a disaster

1 Like

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:56am On Jan 25, 2017
the op asking if we are ready is quite disheartening... must we keep waiting and be consume by this wicked crop of politicians..if our voice isn't heard, fine but it takes just one man to bring Arab spring in 2012..Check Mohammed Bouazizi and you will see what it takes to speak...
protest in this sense isn't about noise,ranting etc..the kinda protest done in Turkey is welcome here.. adequate silence and solemn marching around will amaze the security agents and they will be Left to do nothing..

after all... I'm in for the protest March
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by NNVanguard(m): 10:56am On Jan 25, 2017
tejpot:
Yes, I am in for it.

But one thing i am sure of is that I will never again support this foooolish set of people in politics recycling there generation for political positions and jumping from one hell fire to another in the name of decamping.

If the youth cannot come together in the spirit of strength and vigour, then I should work my way to become a president. Since it seems we are yet to see the peak of this colossal failure by the old and frailed generation.

Join us in the New Nigeria Vanguard, we share same vision as portrayed in our signature

1 Like

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by dingbang(m): 10:56am On Jan 25, 2017
We are suddenly behind you Tu face....
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by ozimec(m): 10:57am On Jan 25, 2017
luvinhubby:
I did my own protest by refusing to vote for APC, those who voted for this govt should do their own protest this time around.

I NO DO !

Bros a beg now. You people should forgive us that voted for this government and join us to protest. We didn't know it was going to be like this.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:59am On Jan 25, 2017
hypocrites like to hide in the comfort of their room to talk though about the state of the nation but when the opportunity to protest present itself they go into exile and look for excuses not to come out and protest. Nigeria have millions of such hypocrites that why politicians will keep climbing our heads.
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by czaratwork: 11:00am On Jan 25, 2017
It may be likely that those who sponsored the January 2012 protest thinking that when there is change in government, they will own the country are still behind this one as they were schemed out of event.

Dont let people use you unnecessarily. Like earlier said let those who voted this government go and protest against it.

I have said it before good governance is not about political party, it is about individual. Is it not the same people who have been leading us that are still in power changing party like women change underwears.

Are they saying that we cannot have youths that will lead us to the promised land.

Please they should ban people that have held public offices and their relations they stole for from participating in Nigerian politics and allow People with integrity govern us.

1 Like

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 25, 2017
drss2:
i said dis before n i will say it again: THOSE WHO VOTED DIS GOVT SHOULD BE D ONES TO DO D PROTEST.

And when the gains that results from the so called protest come, would ONLY those people who voted in the present govt enjoy them?

Apparently, you are still pained by the elction loss of GEJ. PLS MOVE ON! Neither Buhari nor GEJ is the decider of your fate. Your future is in your hands! Take responsibility for your successes and failures. Act now! Do something!
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 25, 2017
drss2:
i said dis before n i will say it again: THOSE WHO VOTED DIS GOVT SHOULD BE D ONES TO DO D PROTEST.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Airoflaw(m): 11:02am On Jan 25, 2017
let them gather I'm very sure one gunshot in the air will scatter everyone.. naija no wan die..we ar not like Egypt
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by drss2(m): 11:02am On Jan 25, 2017
Teekrayne:

Bro, d deed has been done. Any oda person might have done worse wen in power. Lets not start blaming one anoda. Solution is all we crave for sir
nigeria does not need protest. wat d con3 need is REVOLUTION. unfortunately, we have not seen pipul with balls dat can organize a revolution.
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 25, 2017
NameChecker:
All I know is that every protest do end up with some protesters losing their lives
***A word is enough for the wise***

Chicken heart! You are already dead even before the real death comes if you live as a half-human!
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by repogirl(f): 11:03am On Jan 25, 2017
OP this is not the first protest in Nigeria's history. It's the law enforcement agencies that we should be wary of and not the civilians who have a right to engage in peaceful protestations.

Nigerians have always protested in previous administrations and forced the government into a compromise but this Buhari led administration see protesting as against the law which is why the law enforcement agencies manhandle, injure and kill protesters. The worst part of it is they get away with these murders.

Where in the world is the military deployed in their own country against unarmed civilians? Where?

The problem is not with the civilians, it is with the government.

2 Likes

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by JennieCutie4U(f): 11:07am On Jan 25, 2017
czaratwork:
Tuface is involved. Fulani herdsmen are depopulating his state.
yea I know and I feel sorry about that. dats y I said if protesting would help, then why not.
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Iamabraham(m): 11:09am On Jan 25, 2017
luvinhubby:

I NO DO !

this is beyond party affiliation, my brother.

it is not about voting APC/PDP/apga/kowa

this is about demanding accountability from this government (federal and state)

all of them are thieves; they are only interested in their own pockets.
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by ufumes(m): 11:11am On Jan 25, 2017
Active participation in elections are the best form of protest. Don't sell your vote. Vote wisely. Protest will give many hoodlums opportunity to operate, am sure many will be busy picking pockets during such protest. We aren't civilized to that extent yet. We don't even love Nigeria or believe in Nigeria to carry out such rally. We are still very selfish and after only our individual pockets. Rallies are for people that really believe in a cause.

2 Likes

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Arewa12: 11:14am On Jan 25, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

So you all know how divided the country is and yet keep shouting "one Nigeria"

I am not!!! I have never bin a party to it
Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by lonelydora: 11:15am On Jan 25, 2017
MaKe una no go kill una sef for nothing. Fulani soldiers full everywhere ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by nicolosam(m): 11:16am On Jan 25, 2017
It is so pathetic that Nigeria has degenerated into a stateless society as it is. No doubt, freedom is never given but u go for it. we can not sit back and fold our arms, we must rise to this challenge via bloodless revolution and if need be, bloody! we must say NO to decimation in all ramifications and with all intents and purposes should this be done! Yea, it is political revolution but should be with determined mind and not the funding of any major political parties.

1 Like

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Elan83(m): 11:19am On Jan 25, 2017
nigeria is cursed beyond redemption,,wt those northern oil well owners & islamic estrmists in nigeria,,diz con3 will perpetuate in pains, sorrows & bckwrdness,, d only solution 4 bokoharam to change there senseless killin of poor impovirished northerners & start killin politicians,,lyk wise all over d country,,gorrila killers shuld shuld spring up & kill these satanic bastards,,i've canvassed 4 this b4,,kill them by all means pssble,,use big trucks run into there convoys,,u can kill a govnor very easy wt a big truck even d president,,just recruit ppl wt suicidal tendencies,,run into there convoys wt a heavy duty trucks & crush there dirty God 4saken skulls,,target there moves alwes,,pls i implore u all bokoharam members,,pls help us kill these baboons in low & high places of dis hopless dungeon called a con3,,i'm ready to lead in my own geo-political zone!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by sweetlaw: 11:20am On Jan 25, 2017
drss2:

U are right jare.... Just same they were all foolishly shouting 'sai baba' they should also all go out and shout whatever they can shout., we dey there backs

2 Likes

Re: Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 25, 2017
...crucial QUESTION to some d.umb/myopic posts above.....
So those who didn't vote apc are not affected by the economic downturn abi?
This da.mn country is doomed but i know buhari n cohorts will meet their waterloo sooner than later!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ohikwe Ahmed Relocates To Cemetery Over Edward Onoja's Abuse Of Power / Tinubu Arrives Venue Of APC Presidential Campaign In Kwara / Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.