Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement (40273 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Reacts To Apostle Suleman’s Private Jet / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Apostle Suleman’s Private Jet / Igbo Boys In Malaysia Respond To Apostle Suleman's Tithe Sermon & Yahoo Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by egobetatoday: 1:06pm On Jan 25, 2017
saaedlee:

Do we have animal rights in this country, from the little I gained from my primary school, dogs and baboons are animals and not humans (though I latter got to know that they are higher animals)

I apologize for discussing with a kid then. Pls accept my apology.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by saaedlee: 1:06pm On Jan 25, 2017
ehie:
what about the people who commit murder

Read chapter 4 of the Nigerian Constitution
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by Built2last: 1:07pm On Jan 25, 2017
duni04:

One of the factors causing the escalation of this Fulani herdsmen massacres is ignorance and misinformation. The Fulani herdsmen are not killing Christians and burning churches, their conflict is about grazing land. All the communities you mentioned where the Fulani have killed people had land disputes with the Fulani over grazing rights. The local farmers always complain that Fulani invade their farms and eat off all their crops. They then retaliate and kill the cows of the Fulani. The Fulani then retaliate and kill members of the community. That is the source of the conflict. I've never heard of any case where the herdsmen entered a community and just went to burn a church or kill Christians. We can't solve a problem unless we identify its causes. Let us stop listening to the likes of Fayose and Suileman that apostle of darkness and evil who are trying to turn this into a religious conflict, it is not! It is about grazing land!

Don't be silly in this new year.

Did you read your comments above or are you just discombobulated?

so Fulani is looking for grazing land, and when their cows graze crops, we should not attack the cow because if we do. we pay with our lives.

are you suggesting that human life equates that of a cow? Now you boldly posit that Fulanis only retaliate when their cows are killed.

Fulani leave their own land to another mans land for grazing and you don't see that as trespass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by MakeADifference: 1:09pm On Jan 25, 2017
ylaa:
Have you ever seen any, I mean, any Islamic Teacher, openly saying kill all the Christians? Even though, we know terrorism and violence is synonymous to Islam, I have still not seen one ( I stand to be corrected). They do it in their closets.

they do it in their closet hmmmmm
closet or openset, its wrong
thanks

One cool evening years ago, in the capital of one of the states in the South West, Muslims went on rampage. They attacked the home of an innocent teenager. Others fled. The boy was asleep at home. They killed him in his sleep. Why? Because the young chaps were pasting posters of Reinhard Bonnke crusade.

When I remember, tears come to my eyes. Nobody was brought to justice for that killing by that Muslim mob.

Quote me anywhere, the religion is hate by nature. They don't even need to preach it in the open. They are born into it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by duni04(m): 1:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
Built2last:

Don't be silly in this new year.

Did you read your comments above or are you just discombobulated?

so Fulani is looking for grazing land, and when their cows graze crops, we should not attack the cow because if we do. we pay with our lives.

are you suggesting that human life equates that of a cow? Now you boldly posit that Fulanis only retaliate when their cows are killed.

Fulani leave their own land to another mans land for grazing and you don't see that as trespass.

Exactly my friend! These are the kinds of arguments we should be having! Do we allow them settle in these communities and build ranches for them there like the Benue State government just did in Agatu, or do we send them back to their communities with their cattle to build ranches for them there? These are the important questions! Not listening to the likes of Fayose and Suileman who want a religious war over something that has absolutely nothing to do with religion.
Hope you see my point now.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by saaedlee: 1:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
egobetatoday:

I apologize for discussing with a kid then. Pls accept my apology.

Keep to yourself your apologies, cuz you'll need them when your murder a citizen of this country, because a religious leader asked you to. I happen to know the likes of you, that's why I brought in the animal rights joke!
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by saaedlee: 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2017
zinny377:

Meaning what Oga? What exactly has d govt done about this so called Fulani slaughtering innocent pple all over d nation...mtcheww undecided

Can you prove to me, that the Federal Government hasn't done anything in response to the senseless killings by Some Fulani Herdsman?
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by robosky02(m): 1:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
saaedlee:
Do people know that's it's against to law to incite someone to kill another?

and its not against the law to kill your fellow humans that have a different opinion or religion from yours

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by saaedlee: 1:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
onstelly:

Yes it might be but definitely not a crime to keep on killing innocent Christians abi.
Mtcheww

Congratulations
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by Xcelinteriors(f): 1:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
enigmaticlion:
you must be sick in your brain dead head of yours. When fulani herdsmen slaughtered several innocent Christians and their children, babies like sheep. No Muslim has come out on TV to condemn this animalistic behavior. It's obvious the failed plan of islamization is in full throttle and it will fail. For so long Christians because of the teaching of the Holy Bible reject retaliation and violence but no more will they sit idle while Muslims try to wipe them of the map. Let them try it in Lagos nau and they'll know that there's only one life and there's no Virgin waiting for them in hell!
You don't have to insult me. I am a Christan and condemn what the Fulani herdsmen are doing but can retaliation solve the problem? Instead let's pray that anyone behind it should die miserably. Even Christ ask us to pray for our enemies
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by MakeADifference: 1:17pm On Jan 25, 2017
saaedlee:

Can you prove to me, that the Federal Government hasn't done anything in response to the senseless killings by Some Fulani Herdsman?

Can you see how the same govt treated Niger Delta militants, IPOB protesters, and Zakzaky's IMN?

But the 3rd or 4th most deadly terrorist group in the world is rather pacified with money by El Rufai.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 25, 2017
Xcelinteriors:
Let's unite together and pray for Nigeria. Retaliation is not the answer

check my signature for classy and beautiful window blind
The ones wey una dey do since na wetin? Play?
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by ylaa(f): 1:21pm On Jan 25, 2017
cry no more my brother
their reward awaits them
he who kills by sword will and must surely
die same way

MakeADifference:

One cool evening years ago, in the capital of one of the states in the South West, Muslims went on rampage. They attacked the home of an innocent teenager. Others fled. The boy was asleep at home. They killed him in his sleep. Why? Because the young chaps were pasting posters of Reinhard Bonnke crusade.

When I remember, tears come to my eyes. Nobody was brought to justice for that killing by that Muslim mob.

Quote me anywhere, the religion is hate by nature. They don't even need to preach it in the open. They are born into it.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by NaMeAboki: 1:23pm On Jan 25, 2017
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

After the baboons and the dog's did their thing, who am I to judge a televanpreneur?

Pls stop spreading lies through this much misquoted nonsense about baboons and dogs; in fact explain what you understand from the said Hausa proverb 'kare jini biri jini' and prove you too were not following and using it blindly just like so many ignorant bigots.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 25, 2017
duni04:

One of the factors causing the escalation of this Fulani herdsmen massacres is ignorance and misinformation. The Fulani herdsmen are not killing Christians and burning churches, their conflict is about grazing land. All the communities you mentioned where the Fulani have killed people had land disputes with the Fulani over grazing rights. The local farmers always complain that Fulani invade their farms and eat off all their crops. They then retaliate and kill the cows of the Fulani. The Fulani then retaliate and kill members of the community. That is the source of the conflict. I've never heard of any case where the herdsmen entered a community and just went to burn a church or kill Christians. We can't solve a problem unless we identify its causes. Let us stop listening to the likes of Fayose and Suileman that apostle of darkness and evil who are trying to turn this into a religious conflict, it is not! It is about grazing land!
The own stabbing students early in the morning is what?
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by MakeADifference: 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
The 'arguments' we need to have is how herdsman get the right to carry AK47 in the first instance and who sponsors their armoury. A more massive security threat than Boko Haram is nomadic terror.

But then if you Google you will see as usual Christians have been largely targeted. So please it is now 80% religion+ethnic and 20% grazing.

duni04:

Exactly my friend! These are the kinds of arguments we should be having! Do we allow them settle in these communities and build ranches for them there like the Benue State government just did in Agatu, or do we send them back to their communities with their cattle to build ranches for them there? These are the important questions! Not listening to the likes of Fayose and Suileman who want a religious war over something that has absolutely nothing to do with religion.
Hope you see my point now.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by chuose2: 1:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
robosky02:

are you ok

why call daddy G.O

into this

A True man of God will never give his blessings to a jihadi person becoming president.

Adeboye did.

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:26pm On Jan 25, 2017
Built2last:
Our problem is that we don't understand English.

Apostle Suleiman told his members and body guards. If you see a Fulani man approaching this premises or getting close to me. Kill him, behead him.

The last time I attended English language class. The word "if" remains a conditional word. If Fulani is approaching the church premises. Kill him.

We all know what Fulani does to churches when they approach.

Fulani weilds AK 47. Am I suppose to arrest him if I have opportunity to kill him....

Can anybody point the prison where any Fulani man arrested has been kept.

No arrest from all killings in Agatu, Nassarawa, Enugu. Ogun, Ondo. Etc. If you talk DSS headed by core Fulani will come after you.

DSS wrote a report on judges and went ahead to arrest them. DSS wrote a report on SGF and Buhari mandated the Attorney General, another Fulani to investigate and report back. Imagine the nonsense. Minister investigating Magu' s report from DSS. What do you expect.
@ bolded. The Fulani herdsmen are not from Nigeria. Then I wonder why will the DSS not protect Nigerians but choose to protect the herdsmen from other countries
Sarrki, the voltron, defender of PMB on Nairaland, may be you can help clarify this question.

Thank you

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by MakeADifference: 1:32pm On Jan 25, 2017
ylaa:
cry no more my brother
their reward awaits them
he who kills by sword will and must surely
die same way

Amen, Amen, Thanks.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by robosky02(m): 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2017
chuose2:

A True man of God will never give his blessings to a jihadi person becoming president.

Adeboye did.

come be serious

he called the man of God

ok

so does that implies giving his blessing? undecided
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by Born2Breed(f): 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2017
saaedlee:

Just listen to yourself. Has anyone been arrested and prosecuted for these brutal terror?

Fulani herdsmen are the 3rd most dangerous killers in the world and majority of the killing are in Nigeria,yet none has been apprehended. It should bother you that these herdsmen are being protected by the government.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by chuose2: 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2017
robosky02:

come be serious

he called the man of God

ok

so does that implies giving his blessing? undecided

Read the Paragraph just under Adeboye's pic.
it's and I quote
An aide to the retired general said Adeboye gave his blessing over the phone and wished Buhari and Osinbajo a successful election campaign.
http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/17/buhari-calls-pastor-adeboye-seek-his-blessing-announcing-osinbajo-running-mate

In other words Adeboye sold us to islam.

Watch this clip and see that Adeboye is secretly aiding islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by DeadWrong: 1:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
Acidosis:
Apostle Suleiman has done nothing WRONG.

He never said people should go out on the street and kill whoever they suspect to be criminal or terrorist.

All he has said lie in the context of self-defense.

Do people expect everyone to close their eyes and watch them beheaded. I really pity some apologetic idio.ts here. Its obvious you all have never watch how islamist terror groups butcher and slaughter human beings in their dedicated abattoir.

We can not all remain f00ls and watch some idio.ts kill and dominate whoever they see in the name of stupidit.y turn religion. If I were in Suleiman's shoes, I'd say exact same words. Whoever has been to Auchi here should know the population of these Fulani herdsmen and the potential hazard awaiting the innocent people of the town.

Ride on Suleiman, Oyedepo, and other brave MOG. I am equally a radical Christian who would turn my cheek for a second slap, but on a third count, you'd either lose your sight or your right hand.
lol... I love your last sentence.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by saaedlee: 1:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
robosky02:

and its not against the law to kill your fellow humans that have a different opinion or religion from yours

Going by your statement, I can deduce that it is absolutely right to kill someone of different religious views
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by DozieInc(m): 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2017
saaedlee:

You just quoted a segment of the speech El Rufai made.

Buhari never asked his followers to kill anybody if they came near his Church or Mosque. If you attributed that statement to meaning that, it shows how barbaric you are and in no way justifies the fact that a Religious man of God who ought to be an ambassador of peace is instead inciting his followers to kill someone irrespective of tribe and occupation who comes near his Church.
If he loses an election... same thing.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by Askubur(m): 2:06pm On Jan 25, 2017
Alzakzaky is more powerful and influential than you yet he was arrested and nothing happened,why did you call fayose for safety?
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by egobetatoday: 2:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
saaedlee:

Keep to yourself your apologies, cuz you'll need them when your murder a citizen of this country, because a religious leader asked you to. I happen to know the likes of you, that's why I brought in the animal rights joke!

hiohiohiohiohio
kid, this joke is dry. hiohiohehehehehahahaha
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by robosky02(m): 2:53pm On Jan 25, 2017
saaedlee:

You just quoted a segment of the speech El Rufai made.

Buhari never asked his followers to kill anybody if they came near his Church or Mosque. If you attributed that statement to meaning that, it shows how barbaric you are and in no way justifies the fact that a Religious man of God who ought to be an ambassador of peace is instead inciting his followers to kill someone irrespective of tribe and occupation who comes near his Church.

but he once said

"the dog and the baboo will be soaked in blood"

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/2015-ll-be-bloody-if-buhari/

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by Shy001: 3:05pm On Jan 25, 2017
Xcelinteriors:
Let's unite together and pray for Nigeria. Retaliation is not the answer

check my signature for classy and beautiful window blind

Listen to yourself plz, when the people involved do not want peace...!! Don't want for it to happen to you before you learn. If Christians don't stop this genocide now, it will affect other in no longer time.
[b][/b]We better stop this shit... Enough of the killing of Christians!!
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by duni04(m): 3:07pm On Jan 25, 2017
MakeADifference:
The 'arguments' we need to have is how herdsman get the right to carry AK47 in the first instance and who sponsors their armoury. A more massive security threat than Boko Haram is nomadic terror.

But then if you Google you will see as usual Christians have been largely targeted. So please it is now 80% religion+ethnic and 20% grazing.

This is a lie. I even indulged you and googled and found nothing of such. This farmer - pastoralist conflict has been on since the 90's. It has taken a more dire and bloodied turn recently, especially since the Jonathan administration and after the boko haram insurgency in the north because the conflicts there and the scarcity of water has forced pastoralists to move south with their cattle in search of grazing land.
We all did this in secondary school. In the dry season pastoralists/herders move south in search of pasture and in the rainy season they move back North when there's more pasture up north and to avoid tsetse flies.
With climate change reducing water availability especially with the drying up of the lake chad, these pastoralists have been forced to move permanently south. A migration pattern that used to be seasonal has now turned permanent.
I remember reading a report by the US AFRICA COMMAND (AFRICOM) in 2007 in which they were forecasting future sources of conflict in Africa. Somalia was mentioned in East Africa, and then they mentioned pastoralists and farmer conflicts in West Africa because of the drying up of major rivers and lakes in West Africa especially the Lake Chad.
So my friend, this is a conflict that is not particular to Nigeria. Its affecting all the countries bordering the lake chad and experiencing water scarcity induced by climate change. How do we resolve this conflict? By using the Ayo Fayose method and turning it into a hate and religious conflict, crying that people are killing Christians which is a lie that even he himself knows?
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by themanderon: 3:08pm On Jan 25, 2017
saaedlee:

But its not against the law for the marauding demons to kill innocent people while the same government that is meant to protect them turns the other way. let's face it the law in Nigeria doesn't exist for all rather it exists for people like you that will still come out to defend the indefensible. Nigeria has no laws cos even your government does not obey the law. Nigeria is a banana republic and the earlier we accept that the better prepared we are for any eventuality cos I know the killings cannot continue, something has to give.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by mascutech(m): 3:10pm On Jan 25, 2017
saaedlee:
but is not against the law to kill. Those that are killing innocent ones are free but the one that is telling his kinsmen to defend themselves is now a traitor. The earlier we say the truth, the better for the unity of this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday / Have You Purchase Your Anointed Water From T.b Joshua? / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.