Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Now That Banom Is Born Again: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Now That Banom Is Born Again: (4582 Views)

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That Banom Is Born Again: by kristonium(m): 10:18am On Nov 30, 2009
NOW THAT BANOM IS A BORN AGAIN CHRSITIAN,I WANT TO USE THIS MEDIUM TO MAKE A CLARION CALL TO

OTHERS

WHO HAVE NOT YET KNOWN CHRIST TO MAKE A DECISION TODAY ACCEPT JESUS.THE SAME JESUS THAT SAVED

BANOM

IS EQUALLY READY TO SAVE U.NO MATTER HOW FAR U VE GONE IN SINS,HIS BLOOD IS STILL MUCH MORE POTENT

TO WASH U CLEAN.BY NOW MANY OF U WOULD HAVE BEEN PRICKED IN UR HEART BUT PRIDE WOULDNT ALLOW U

TO

SURRENDER ALL LIKE BANOM JUST DID.IF U DONT KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT,IM AVAILABLE TO LEAD U TO JESUS

AND ALSO PRAY ALONG WITH U.PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME ON:xtianebhoma@yahoo.com,07025405591.

REMEMBER,DELAY IS DANGEROUS!
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by Tudor6(f): 11:01am On Nov 30, 2009
What EXACTLY do I need to be saved from? Why do I need salvation? What do I gain from salvation?
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by noetic15(m): 12:31pm On Nov 30, 2009
Tudór:

What EXACTLY do I need to be saved from? Why do I need salvation? What do I gain from salvation?

you dont need salvation. . . . .HELL suits and fits u perfectly. . . , why change ur destiny? shocked shocked
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by mazaje(m): 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2009
noetic15:

you dont need salvation. . . . .HELL suits and fits u perfectly. . .  ,  why change your destiny?  shocked shocked

Do you have any evidence for this mythical hell? grin. . . .Heaven and hell both have an apparent straightforward purpose, and that is to motivate people to believe, keep believing and to evangelize to "save" other people according to the religion they subscribe to(Christianity or Islam). It is the carrot-and-stick method of persuasion. The carrot and stick are only imagined, but the proposed reward and punishment are both extreme enough to compensate for the lack of evidence and sensibility of the myth.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:21pm On Nov 30, 2009
[size=13pt]What a heck you christians think you are. . . .Banom choose to be a Christian doens't give you  the  right to disturb other atheist , Satanist and  the Unbelievers in your God(s) or that so called Jesus who has been the root of all these nonsense. . . I wasn't supprise with Banom's decision because i knew most people are Confussed and maybe someway , somehow out of fustraction he make up his mind to be a christian.  I dont mean to go against his new path but please do not disturb others with your noise . We're already saved.

Christianity isn't all in life. . . I've been from a Christian Background but why dont you ask why i choose to be Atheistic Satanism. . .Yes, of course i have read the Christian Bible and i think all written inside all planed Lies and stolen histories.
[/size]
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by banom(m): 1:36pm On Nov 30, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]What a heck you christians think you are. . . .Banom choose to be a Christian doens't give you  the  right to disturb other atheist , Satanist and  the Unbelievers in your God(s) or that so called Jesus who has been the root of all these nonsense. . . I wasn't supprise with Banom's decision because i knew [b]most people are Confussed and maybe someway , somehow out of fustraction he make up his mind to be a christian.[/b]  I dont mean to go against his new path but please do not disturb others with your noise . We're already saved.

Christianity isn't all in life. . . I've been from a Christian Background but why dont you ask why i choose to be Atheistic Satanism. . .Yes, of course i have read the Christian Bible and i think all written inside all planed Lies and stolen histories.
[/size]

Ogaga you are sounding too funny today, what confusion are you talking about ? and what pressure is it that could be frustrating me to push me back to God, perhaps that is yoUr own meaning to it , but not realLy the truth, It was actualLy confusion and anger of my fathers death that Pushed me into Atheism, but i regret it, i am back To God now and will not reverse till eternity , I am now a man of faith.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by wirinet(m): 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2009
banom:

Ogaga you are sounding too funny today,  what confusion are you talking about ? and what pressure is it that  could be frustrating me to push me back to God,  perhaps that is yoUr own meaning to it , but not  realLy the truth,  It was actualLy confusion and anger of my fathers death that Pushed me into Atheism, but i regret it, i am back To God now and will not reverse till eternity , I am now a man of faith.

Banom, you reserve to the right to chose any faith or no faith at all, and you do not owe anybody any apology. People are only trying to understand why you flip - flop beliefs.  And to my understanding of your explanations, you flip to became a nominal atheist after a tragedy and after you realize that atheism does not provide succour, you flop back to Christ after the pain has eased. I hope you do not flip-flop again after another major tragedy because tragedies are sometimes an inevitable part of our existence. Our success depends on how we are able to handle them when they surface.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by mazaje(m): 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2009
banom:

Ogaga you are sounding too funny today,  what confusion are you talking about ? and what pressure is it that  could be frustrating me to push me back to God,  perhaps that is yoUr own meaning to it , but not  realLy the truth,  It was actualLy confusion and anger of my fathers death that Pushed me into Atheism, but i regret it, i am back To God now and will not reverse till eternity , I am now a man of faith.

So you became an atheist because you were angry your father died? . . . Sorry for your loss but that is a very very silly and senseless reason for one to become an atheist. . . Every body must die no?
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by MissyB1(m): 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2009
This brings the story of 'Paul' to mind. Light will always subjugate.

One down . . . You're next?  cool
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by banom(m): 3:49pm On Nov 30, 2009
mazaje:

So you became an atheist because you were angry your father died? . . . Sorry for your loss but that is a very very silly and senseless reason for one to become an atheist. . . Every body must die no?

Well not just because of his death, but in the manner in which he died, do you know that we did not bury my fathers real body ? that was what made me to hate God, despite all my daddy did for their church.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by mazaje(m): 3:58pm On Nov 30, 2009
banom:

Well not just because of his death, but in the manner in which he died, do you know that we did not bury my fathers real body ? that was what made me to hate God, despite all my daddy did for their church.  

Again sorry for your lost but that is NOT a reason to become an atheist. . . .People face a lot of tragedy ALL the time. . .There are MANY stories of christian missionaries who died in ghastly motor accidents on their way to evangelize and were burnt beyond recognition all over the internet. . .Atheism is not being a state of anger with god/gods but a lack of belief in god/gods. . .Keep up your new faith if that will give you the happiness you need. . . . I wish you all the best. . . . . wink
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by bawomolo(m): 4:17pm On Nov 30, 2009
mazaje:

Again sorry for your lost but that is NOT a reason to become an atheist. . . .People face a lot of tragedy ALL the time. . .There are MANY stories of christian missionaries who died in ghastly motor accidents on their way to evangelize and were burnt beyond recognition all over the internet. . .Atheism is not being a state of anger with god/gods but a lack of belief in god/gods. . .Keep up your new faith if that will give you the happiness you need. . . . I wish you all the best. . . . . wink

I agree.

i have one problem with banom's conversion though, why does he believe in Christianity and not some other religion. Is the church the only place to find faith?
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by JeSoul(f): 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2009
mazaje:

Au contraire. On NL atheism is unquestionably and undeniably defined as being in a state of anger with God, christianity, islam, and any and every thing religous/spiritual.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by noetic15(m): 5:10pm On Nov 30, 2009
mazaje:

Do you have any evidence for this mythical hell? grin. . . .Heaven and hell both have an apparent straightforward purpose, and that is to motivate people to believe, keep believing and to evangelize to "save" other people according to the religion they subscribe to(Christianity or Islam). It is the carrot-and-stick method of persuasion. The carrot and stick are only imagined, but the proposed reward and punishment are both extreme enough to compensate for the lack of evidence and sensibility of the myth.

where is ANY evidence that backs up the above? . . . , . . shocked grin
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by wirinet(m): 5:26pm On Nov 30, 2009
Missy B:

This brings the story of 'Paul' to mind. Light will always subjugate.

One down . . . You're next?  cool

Comparing Banon's reconversion to Paul's conversion is like comparing oranges to blackberry cakes. Paul was alleged to be persecuting Christians and was on his way to persecuting more Christians when Jesus physically accosted him and stuck him blind and had to convert to regain his sight.

Banom was born a born again and a happy one at that, but was annoyed when his dad perished in a horrible way while doing the work of Jesus. So in frustration he God angry at Jesus and God. But after his anger had died down, he went back to the Jesus he had always believed after extensive meditation. He never said Jesus physically accosted him and punished him for his rebellion. I am sure the if jesus should repeat the paul experience with even Ogaga, he would abandon satan Immediately.

bawomolo:

I agree. 

i  have one problem with banom's conversion though, why does he believe in Christianity and not some other religion.   Is the church the only place to find faith?

Because he was born and bread into Christianity and never really stopped being a Christian, he was only angry and was getting back at God until he realized it was a fruitless exercise.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by MrCrackles(m): 5:27pm On Nov 30, 2009
Topic
OGAGA is next. . . . cool
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by noetic15(m): 5:48pm On Nov 30, 2009
wirinet:

Comparing Banon's reconversion to Paul's conversion is like comparing oranges to blackberry cakes. Paul was alleged to be persecuting Christians and was on his way to persecuting more Christians when Jesus physically accosted him and stuck him blind and had to convert to regain his sight.

Banom was born a born again and a happy one at that, but was annoyed when his dad perished in a horrible way while doing the work of Jesus. So in frustration he God angry at Jesus and God. But after his anger had died down, he went back to the Jesus he had always believed after extensive meditation. He never said Jesus physically accosted him and punished him for his rebellion. I am sure the if jesus should repeat the paul experience with even Ogaga, he would abandon satan Immediately.

Because he was born and bread into Christianity and never really stopped being a Christian, he was only angry and was getting back at God until he realized it was a fruitless exercise.

I would ordinarily have ignored this. . . . .but let me draw your attention to certain facts u are missing in comparing the biblical Paul, Banom and ogaga.

1. Paul (when he was saul) in the bible was not a novice, satanist or atheist. Saul was a Pharisee religionist who obeyed all the laws of moses to the level of an hypocrite. Paul was knowledgeable in the things of God and he stood by it. Paul lived in an era where there was a physical and spiritual transmissions from the era of the law to an era of salvation through Jesus. Paul like every one of his time was expecting a messiah. their pre-conceived imaginative expectations of a messiah was not was Jesus represented. just like your understanding of God is a far cry from His true ontology. . hence your belief that He does not exist.

Paul was a Godly young man who considered any suggestion of a resurrected Jesus to be blasphemy. he had the licence to kill anyone who preached in Jesus name.
This made it IMPOSSIBLE for Jesus disciples to preach the gospel to him (paul). who else would have preached to Paul other than Jesus.

2. Banom simply backslided for known reasons. his best means of expressing his frustration was to deny the existence of God and hate everything of God. Banom had the knowledge of God which he has NEVER rationally doubted either as a xtian or as an atheist (based on his posts on NL).  Banom needed no insight or convincing from anyone to understand the pertinent issues of Christ salvation. . this were facts he knew but REJECTED cos of the demise of his father.

3. Ogaga has consciously CHOSEN satan over God. This is a very very conscious decision. he has rejected the salvation of Jesus Christ, not because he finds it unconvincing but because he loves the company of satan. And I can infer from his previous posts that he knows what hell looks like. . he claims satan has already shown him. . ,  . .so ogaga is at a point of self realization where he has REJECTED Jesus and he is also aware of the eternal damnation that awaits him.

4. the likes of u and other non-believers have continued to hear the gospel every single day . . . but have chosen to reject it. your choice will stand for/against u when u die and face the throne of judgement.

5. There is a huge difference between the biblical Paul, ogaga and banom.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2009
mazaje:

There is ample evidence from you and others that atheism is PRIMARILY a state of being in permanent, violent, revulsive conflict SPECIFICALLY with the God of the bible.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by bountyxs: 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2009
Which yeye Banom. Like the Oyakhilome comic series, u wan dey foolus abi?This make belief world of fantasy no tire u? Who be Banom?Who know am from Adam? Keep lying,
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by noetic15(m): 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2009
davidylan:

There is ample evidence from you and others that atheism is PRIMARILY a state of being in permanent, violent, revulsive conflict SPECIFICALLY with the God of the bible.

Seconded.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by 0hsisi: 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2009
mazaje:

Sharrap already
Why didn't you question his reasons for being an atheist when he was one?
Who are you to determine why people believe what they choose to believe or lack of belief

The guy says he has weighed atheism in the balance and found it wanting and has hereby thrashed it and rededicated his life to Christ and you want to kill yourself.
get thee behind him thou son of lucifer!
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by 0hsisi: 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2009
banom:

Ogaga you are sounding too funny today, what confusion are you talking about ? and what pressure is it that could be frustrating me to push me back to God, perhaps that is yoUr own meaning to it , but not realLy the truth, It was actualLy confusion and anger of my fathers death that Pushed me into Atheism, but i regret it, [size=24pt]i am back To God now and will not reverse till eternity , I am now a man of faith[/size].

and I say a resounding [size=48pt]AMEN![/size]as they say in nollywood
To God be the glory
God is a indeed merciful.If your father was  Christian,you'll see him again someday in glory.
Don't let these noisemakers move you.
The devil works through people.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by bawomolo(m): 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2009
davidylan:

why solely the God of the bible and not God(s) in general?

wirinet:

basically he became atheist for the wrong reasons.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2009
bawomolo:

why solely the God of the bible and not God(s) in general?

Because stupid, i dont see any of you fools bawling on the islamic threads about allah's existence or not. I dont see any of you foaming in the mouth trying to explain why Ifa doesnt exist. Because i notice the only religious book you all deal with is the bible . . .
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by bawomolo(m): 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2009
davidylan:

Because stupid, i dont see any of you fools bawling on the islamic threads about allah's existence or not. I dont see any of you foaming in the mouth trying to explain why Ifa doesnt exist. Because i notice the only religious book you all deal with is the bible . . .

I guess you missed the posts where i engaged the likes of deepsight, olabowale and abuzola. I've even supported deleting the islamic section. I've argued against the existence of juju in the politics section.

You are obviously defensive when it comes to Christianity. This persecution complex of yours is sickening. Keep up with your usual insults though.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by manmustwac(m): 6:57pm On Nov 30, 2009
@banom
thought u were pulling some kind of stunt here, didn't know u were serious.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 30, 2009
bawomolo:

I guess you missed the posts where i engaged the likes of deepsight, olabowale and abuzola. I've even supported deleting the islamic section.

Even you claim to have also "engaged" others . . . in what exactly? undecided

you "support" the deletion of the islamic section but not once have we seen you fools set up threads on the islamic section throwing your vile insults at allah.

bawomolo:

You are obviously defensive when it comes to Christianity. This persecution complex of yours is sickening. Keep up with your usual insults though.

the usual red herring . . . its nothing to do with a "persecution complex" . . . i could care less what your opinions on the christian God is. I'm only repulsed by those who claim to be against the concept of "god" but are focused mainly on the God of the bible.

If by "insults" you mean a factual assessment of your post then so be it.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by bawomolo(m): 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2009
davidylan:

you "support" the deletion of the islamic section but not once have we seen you fools set up threads on the islamic section throwing your vile insults at allah.

look at my post history before arguing blindly.

If by "insults" you mean a factual assessment of your post then so be it.

Yeah the claim that atheists are focused on the God of the bible is factual? classic david. You are always right.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 30, 2009
bawomolo:

look at my post history before arguing blindly.

dont abuse the word "engage" pls. Reserve it for more cerebral atheists, not you.

bawomolo:

Yeah the claim that atheists are focused on the God of the bible is factual? classic david. You are always right.

We dont need to look too far . . . read the atheist threads here. But of course keep your head firmly buried in the sands of denial if it suits you.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by bawomolo(m): 7:10pm On Nov 30, 2009
davidylan:

dont abuse the word "engage" pls. Reserve it for more cerebral atheists, not you.

Aren't we all inferior in the presence of Davidylan PHD
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 30, 2009
bawomolo:

Aren't we all inferior in the presence of Davidylan PHD

If that makes you feel better sure by all means. I would wager the likes of KAG, Huxley and even the annoying Toneyb have much more substance to boast of.

Frankly you're pretty much a sideshow on this board.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by MrCrackles(m): 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2009
But wait. . . Is there really anything like born-again
How can one be born again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Metaphysical Stores Address / Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? / Pls Who's Going To Scoan? I Need The Faith Bracelet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.