Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Now That Banom Is Born Again: - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Now That Banom Is Born Again: (4588 Views)

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by bawomolo(m): 7:24pm On Nov 30, 2009
davidylan:

Frankly you're pretty much a sideshow on this board.

Go on. tell us how you really feel
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

But wait. . . Is there really anything like born-again
How can one be born again

I'm sure John chapter 3 still exists in your copy of the bible. Read it there. Enough of this false pretense.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by MrCrackles(m): 7:26pm On Nov 30, 2009
davidylan:

I'm sure John chapter 3 still exists in your copy of the bible. Read it there. Enough of this false pretense.
Ok i will be back after reading. . .
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by kristonium(m): 7:57pm On Nov 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

To be born again is to repent from one's sinful lifestyles and denounce the devil and his ways.u then accept Jesus

Christ as ur Lord and personal Saviour.for more help on our to go about it,contact me

on:xtianebhoma@yahoo.com,07025405591
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

Even i know John 3 isnt 700 verses long.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by kristonium(m): 8:01pm On Nov 30, 2009
davidylan:

Pls be a bit gentle on some of this people.it might interest u that so many of them dnt even know how to be born

again.sincerely!!!
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by MrCrackles(m): 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2009
kristonium:

To be born again is to repent from one's sinful lifestyles and denounce the devil and his ways.u then accept Jesus

Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour.for more help on our to go about it,contact me

on:xtianebhoma@yahoo.com,07025405591
Ok thank you. . . But watz da deal with you email address and phone number
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by MrCrackles(m): 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2009
davidylan:

Even i know John 3 isnt 700 verses long.
I didnt say it was 1400 verses long. . . . cool
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by kristonium(m): 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

Ok thank you. . . But watz da deal with you email address and phone number

are u really sure u truly want to give ur life to Christ?if yes,better do that now because time is short.Delay is

dangerous!!!
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by MrCrackles(m): 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2009
kristonium:

are u really sure u truly want to give your life to Christ?if yes,better do that now because time is short.Delay is

dangerous!!!
My life is in the hands of GOD who created Jesus! cool
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2009
and does crackles know the answer to his "question" now?
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by MrCrackles(m): 8:56pm On Nov 30, 2009
davidylan:

and does crackles know the answer to his "question" now?
Yes sir. . . wink
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by modupe01: 9:50pm On Nov 30, 2009
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by mavenbox: 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2009
Wow, this thread has made my day, after being away from NL for so long, Now let me go over to Banom's thread and make my comment,
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by toneyb: 1:26pm On Dec 01, 2009
davidylan:

There is ample evidence from you and others that atheism is PRIMARILY a state of being in permanent, violent, revulsive conflict SPECIFICALLY with the God of the bible.

There many lies you deluded people tell yourselves so that you can sleep comfortably at night while playing the persecution card. All the atheist here were former christians so the bible god and the christian myth and stories is all we know. There are quite a handful of ex-moslem sites on the internet and the ex-moslems ONLY use attack the koran and allah when talking about the non existence of god. By the way there are quite a number of atheist here like Tudor, Mazaje, bomowolo that are always engaging the moslem its just that your delusion makes you too blind to see anything.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by jagunlabi(m): 1:29pm On Dec 01, 2009
Banom "going back" to christianity?I thought the guy was a muslim in disguise all along.Besides he never come across to me as an atheist.
I guess it is back to the brainwashing programme coven with him.Oh well . . . to each his own.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by toneyb: 1:32pm On Dec 01, 2009
davidylan:

Even you claim to have also "engaged" others . . . in what exactly?  undecided

you "support" the deletion of the islamic section but not once have we seen you fools set up threads on the islamic section throwing your vile insults at allah.

Here is one for you, you don't have to keep lying all the time.Mazaje is one of the most avowed atheist on NL and he has on so many occasion displayed his disgust for Islam and the Islamic deity, Here is one

mazaje:

You are a foolish animal abuzola. . , Bleep allah and mohammed and piss on them. . . .stupid idiot. . . . . . . .

But you are too blinded by your ridiculous delusion to ever see anything. Were you not the same person that was supporting mazaje on another thread when he was showing the scientific inaccuracies of the Koran? What a pathetic goon
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by mazaje(m): 1:49pm On Dec 01, 2009
0hsisi:

Sharrap already

Be quite thou deluded woman. . . . .

Why didn't you question his reasons for being an atheist when he was one?

To my understanding he was never an atheist you can read his previous posts they are there for you to read he was more angry with the so called men of god and sometimes use to question the veracity of the bible.

Who are you to determine why people believe what they choose to believe or lack of belief

Again shut up and be quite. . . . Is this not the same fool that is ALWAYS on the Islamic section constantly questioning the moslems and what they believe? I can't believe you are asking me this question since that is what you do ALL the time on the Islamic section.

The guy says he has weighed atheism in the balance and found it wanting and has hereby thrashed it and rededicated his life to Christ and you want to kill yourself.
get thee behind him thou son of lucifer!

I can now conclude that you are a senseless fool, did you bother to read my post at all or where you too much in a hurry to sound stupid as you always do all the time? Did you not read where I ENCOURAGED him to keep up with his new faith and wished him well? Where did this Foolish fool get the Idea that I was ''trying to kill my self'' . . . .
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by mazaje(m): 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2009
davidylan:

Because stupid[b], i dont see any of you fools bawling on the islamic threads about allah's existence or not[/b]. I dont see any of you foaming in the mouth trying to explain why Ifa doesnt exist. Because i notice the only religious book you all deal with is the bible . . .

The same old deluded lies. . . . .
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by toneyb: 2:29pm On Dec 01, 2009
Banom you left Christianity because your father died? Is that a reason for leaving a religion?
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by toneyb: 3:23pm On Dec 01, 2009
Au contraire. [b]On NL atheism is unquestionably and undeniably defined as being in a state of anger with God, [/b]christianity, islam, and any and every thing religous/spiritual.

Jesoul this assumption is entirely false. Moslems believe all the Christains that visit the Islamic religion forum completely hate allah and mohammed, but Christians do not see it that way, Christians go there to point out the flaws in the moslem hypothesis by mocking allah, mohammed and pointing out the obvious flaws of the moslem beliefs but the moslems do not see it that way at all. all they see is that any body that questions their belief is "hating" them, their god and their way of life which is not necessarily the case. This is the same thing that you the Christian do all the time, when atheist mock your own beliefs and point out the ridiculous assertions you bandy as truths. Let me use a quote from Richard Dawkins book the god delusion. Here is what he says in the book about the Old testament god.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

This will sounds pretty hateful to the believer since his beliefs and life revolves around believing in the hypothesis that the god of the bible is loving and kind, but expressing a hateful point of view isn't the intent. He uses that particular phrase and phraseology to humorously point out that the Christian god isn't strictly peace and love but the idea of the christian god comes from a somewhat less benign tradition and culture. This is very true because the expressed nature of the god of the Old Testament is indeed demonstrably similar to the way he characterizes him by means of a simple reading of the book. That doesn't mean that saying such things demonstrates hatred at all even though you believers have been wired and conditioned to believe that who ever questions your belief or points out to the flaws of your hypothesis hates your god and you guys in general, but that is NOT the case at all. I know you guys will all love to believe that atheist hate your god because that belief it self gives you guys some sense of comfort. Go visit the middle east most of the moslems there believe that christians hate them and their god because of the way christains are constantly criticizing them and their way of life.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by JeSoul(f): 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2009
^Toneyb my dude! smiley how hast thou been?

toneyb:

Jesoul this assumption is entirely false.
Entirely false Toney? common now, I know you know that ain't true.

Moslems believe all the Christains that visit the Islamic religion forum completely hate allah and mohammed, but Christians do not see it that way, Christians go there to point out the flaws in the moslem hypothesis by mocking allah, mohammed and pointing out the obvious flaws of the moslem beliefs but the moslems do not see it that way at all. all they see is that any body that questions their belief is "hating" them, their god and their way of life which is not necessarily the case. This is the same thing that you the Christian do all the time, when atheist mock your own beliefs and point out the ridiculous assertions you bandy as truths. Let me use a quote from Richard Dawkins book the god delusion. Here is what he says in the book about the Old testament god.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

This will sounds pretty hateful to the believer since his beliefs and life revolves around believing in the hypothesis that the god of the bible is loving and kind, but expressing a hateful point of view isn't the intent. He uses that particular phrase and phraseology to humorously point out that the Christian god isn't strictly peace and love but the idea of the christian god comes from a somewhat less benign tradition and culture. This is very true because the expressed nature of the god of the Old Testament is indeed demonstrably similar to the way he characterizes him by means of a simple reading of the book. That doesn't mean that saying such things demonstrates hatred at all even though you believers have been wired and conditioned to believe that who ever questions your belief or points out to the flaws of your hypothesis hates your god and you guys in general, but that is NOT the case at all. I know you guys will all love to believe that atheist hate your god because that belief it self gives you guys some sense of comfort. Go visit the middle east most of the moslems there believe that christians hate them and their god because of the way christains are constantly criticizing them and their way of life.

Toney I have zero problem with opposition to my faith. Infact I find these challenges profitable because they allow those of us of faith to think critically and consider things we might not originally consider, discuss issues we might otherwise shy away from.

Now that being said, there is a very fine line between what you stated above and the extremely acidic, caustic, vitriolic and downright deplorable nature of the posts of most NL atheists towards religion and in particular christianity. Not all, but most. For instance I don't recall seeing any posts from[b] Bawo [/b] that have been provocative in nature, which is why I will jump at any chance to engage with him, but others seem to be locked in a tight competition with each other, seeing who can post the most vile in quality and frequency.

I have no issue with anyone who is anti-religion, what is unfortunate is the bitterness and  they seem to carry around and spew at any and every opportunity.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by toneyb: 3:58pm On Dec 01, 2009
JeSoul:

^Toneyb my dude! smiley how hast thou been?

Thou hast been fine, Thou hast been very busy lately.

Entirely false Toney? common now, I know you know that ain't true.

I retract that statement grin.

Now that being said, there is a very fine line between what you stated above and the extremely acidic, caustic, vitriolic and downright deplorable nature of the posts of most NL atheists towards religion and in particular christianity. Not all, but most. For instance I don't recall seeing any posts from[b] Bawo [/b] that have been provocative in nature, which is why I will jump at any chance to engage with him, but others seem to be locked in a tight competition with each other, seeing who can post the most vile in quality and frequency.

The same could be said of the Christians judging from their post on the Islamic section, Moslems see it only as vitriolic, bitter and pure angry towards them and their religion. A simple question of who wrote the koran might generate a lot of passions from the moslems. The Christians equally post vile and vitriolic comments here. Example davidylan and neotic there others also. The blame goes both ways. Noetic even acknowledge the pure spiteful and vile nature of his post against the atheist and moslems and apologized.

I have no issue with anyone who is anti-religion, what is unfortunate is the bitterness and  they seem to carry around and spew at any and every opportunity.

This is where we will disagree. Has any atheist ever insulted you here on NL? I bet the only persons atheist insult are davidylan and neotic ever asked yourself why? The "bitterness" is being spewed on all sides.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by JeSoul(f): 4:19pm On Dec 01, 2009
toneyb:

Thou hast been fine, Thou hast been very busy lately.
I feel you jare, just take it easy  smiley

I retract that statement grin.
I already know say you be correct boy  cool

The same could be said of the Christians judging from their post on the Islamic section, Moslems see it only as vitriolic, bitter and pure angry towards them and their religion. A simple question of who wrote the koran might generate a lot of passions from the moslems. The Christians equally post vile and vitriolic comments here. Example davidylan and neotic there others also. The blame goes both ways. Noetic even acknowledge the pure spiteful and vile nature of his post against the atheist and moslems and apologized.
On that you are right. Personally I love Noetic, David, Osisi and others and I wish they would tone it down several notches sometimes. But honestly the most horrible of languages I have witnessed has come from a few atheists.

This is where we will disagree. Has any atheist ever insulted you here on NL? I bet the only persons atheist insult are davidylan and neotic ever asked yourself why? The "bitterness" is being spewed on all sides.
I wouldn't say insulted but oftentimes the tone and vile quality of the language used in the discussion was enough to make me exit. But you're right, we can all do a better job of being civil towards each other.

. . . but the thing is NL is more 'fun' and sees more traffic when we're all fighting against each other. Abi no be so? lol
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by toneyb: 4:32pm On Dec 01, 2009
JeSoul:

I feel you jare, just take it easy  smiley

No problem I will take it really easy, easy like sunday morning grin

I already know say you be correct boy  cool

This is very true cheesy

On that you are right. Personally I love Noetic, David, Osisi and others and I wish they would tone it down several notches sometimes. But honestly the most horrible of languages I have witnessed has come from a few atheists.
I wouldn't say insulted but oftentimes the tone and vile quality of the language used in the discussion was enough to make me exit. But you're right, we can all do a better job of being civil towards each other.

This is another correct statement.

. . . but the thing is NL is more 'fun' and sees more traffic when we're all fighting against each other. Abi no be so? lol

There is no lie in this statement grin
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by DeepSight(m): 4:40pm On Dec 01, 2009
JeSoul:

. Personally I love Noetic, David, Osisi and others

David i must single out as the most trashy talker, reminiscent of a motor park tout or agbero. He is singularly the most insulting and boastful, has no ethics, etiquette or gentlemanliness whatsoever, is unspeakably childish and of mediocre intellect and unlike Noetic does not make any attempt to apologize or tone down. I think he is anything but a christian, the lousiest ambassador for Christ ever.

I only bother to state these because of his extremely and excessively distasteful nature: i do not believe in casting stones - normally i would reserve my comments.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by JeSoul(f): 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2009
toneyb:

No problem I will take it really easy, easy like sunday morning grin

This is very true cheesy

This is another correct statement.

There is no lie in this statement grin
  a christian and an atheist agreeing?  shocked  what is this world coming to?  grin

Deep Sight:

David i must single out as the most trashy talker, reminiscent of a motor park tout or agbero. He is singularly the most insulting and boastful, has no ethics, etiquette or gentlemanliness whatsoever, is unspeakably childish and of mediocre intellect and unlike Noetic does not make any attempt to apologize or tone down. I think he is anything but a christian, the lousiest ambassador for Christ ever.

I only bother to state these because of his extremely and excessively distasteful nature: i do not believe in casting stones - normally i would reserve my comments.
I'm not trying to defend David (or maybe just a little), but I will say he's sometimes brash and harsh mostly here in the Religion section because of the constant recycled assault on christianity and honestly sometimes I share his anger and frustration. He's very direct and sometimes sarcastic but he's also shown he has a fantastic sense of humor. I recall he's promised in the past to try to do better.

He is very intelligent though . . . I have butted heads with him in the politics section but I still like him a lot and I hope he does better in future exchanges he may have with you and others in here.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by toneyb: 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2009
JeSoul:

a christian and an atheist agreeing?  shocked  what is this world coming to?  grin

The world is coming to an end grin

I'm not trying to defend David (or maybe just a little), but I will say he's sometimes brash and harsh mostly here in the Religion section because of the constant recycled assault on christianity and honestly sometimes I share his anger and frustration. He's very direct and sometimes sarcastic but he's also shown he has a fantastic sense of humor. I recall he's promised in the past to try to do better

See where the problem lies, You agree with him when he assults islam and moslems but when the same is done to you its a problem. Davidylan is not only brash and harsh on the religious section alone, He is every where even on the political front. There was a time a video of Jamaican woman whose grand child was stolen by a Nigerian doctor was put there in one of the other sections and his only comment was that the woman looks and talks like a monkey. I am only trying to show you what a very poor personality he has.

He is very intelligent though . . . I have butted heads with him in the politics section but I still like him a lot and I hope he does better in future exchanges he may have with you and others in here.

Not that I care about his very poor personality, I have since learn to talk to him in the only language he understands as others like mazaje have noted.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 01, 2009
Deep Sight:

You havent said anything you and your merry band of atheists havent repeated ad nauseum.

I suppose a lot of you assume "intellect" is akin to long long meaningless posts . . . on that basis i agree i am of mediocre intellect.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by JeSoul(f): 5:21pm On Dec 01, 2009
toneyb:

The world is coming to an end grin

See where the problem lies, You agree with him when he assults islam and moslems but when the same is done to you its a problem. Davidylan is not only brash and harsh on the religious section alone, He is every where even on the political front. There was a time a video of Jamaican woman whose grand child was stolen by a Nigerian doctor was put there in one of the other sections and his only comment was that the woman looks and talks like a monkey. I am only trying to show you what a very poor personality he has.

Not that I care about his very poor personality, I have since learn to talk to him in the only language he understands as others like mazaje have noted.
Ah ah now Toney, I already said it is a problem for all of us, we can all do better. I was just trying to say his abrasive responses were returns for the usual provocations here in this section - and likewise, Abuzola's recent rampage is revenge for what he believes are insults to islam - and honestly I wouldn't know what goes on in there, I don't go there.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by Reasonably(m): 3:05am On Dec 02, 2009
If the fooled doesn't know, the one who fools knows. But something I'm sure of is that no reasonable person leaves xtianity and go back to it.NEVER. I'll accept a challenge on why Banom had to go back to xtianity. A CHALLENGE.
Re: Now That Banom Is Born Again: by banom(m): 10:47am On Dec 02, 2009
Reasonably:

If the fooled doesn't know, the one who fools knows. But something I'm sure of is that no reasonable person leaves xtianity and go back to it.NEVER. I'll accept a challenge on why Banom had to go back to xtianity. A CHALLENGE.

Perhaps you have seeing one today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Angel Shaped Cloud Over Ghana / Pls Who's Going To Scoan? I Need The Faith Bracelet. / Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.