Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,792 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

Nigerian Living In Tanzania - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Living In Tanzania (29878 Views)

Nigerians No Longer Eligible For Visa On Arrival In Tanzania / Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Strive: 8:37am On Oct 06, 2017
Nwebele:
Truth about Tanzanians

1. They are very patriotic. They love their country and their countrymen. They respect their infractustures. No vandalism. They keep their environment very clean. There has been ban of satchet waters due to litterings. They frown at any one who litters. There are paid labourers sweeping even untarred roads. Tanzanians love themselves. Thats why they have a general mode of addressing one another as brothers (kaka) or (dada) sisters. A tanzanian would see his brother robbing you and would turn his eyes away. They would never take sides with you no matter what the brother doe[sup][/sup]s to you.

2. Recourse to public funds. Govt keeps the responsibilty of providing them basic infractures eg constant light, pipe borne water (though clean but not healthy for drinking) and good roads. Their BRT project is long completed with high standard. Continous repairs on major roads etc.

3. Tanzanians do not welcome influx of migrants who seek employment. The new president introduced a policy that makes it hard for foreigners to get easy documentation and or renewal of old documentation. They prefer to rather employ their own people and feel threatened that foreigners would render their citizens jobless. A great percentage of expatriates were denied work permit renewal and many have left Tanzania in the recent past.

Tanzanians have a very strong Beaureaucracy. It is very difficult to enjoy the system as an illegal. There are many willing snipers and informants who would tell on you. The law enforcement agents are always cracking down on such, especially around the business area. Even people who live in regions (outside major cities) are always arrested at home at odd hours. Your documents should always be with you as you are very likely to be stopped and searched at any time. It is hard to beat their system and be comfortable, especially in densely commercial areas. Hence, you should try to be documented properly.

Due to increased illiteracy and attendant joblessess, there are many cases of petty stealing, bag snatching, house and shop burgles, phone snatching. They can even snatch your phone and sell it back to you. Despite all these, there are few cases of armed robbery attack and rapes unlike some African countries where armed robbery is a nightmare and bloody.

Religious tolerance. They even intermarry though majority in the city are moslems

Business is good in tanzania but Tanzanians dont welcome foreign counterparts in business areas. They can connive with insiders or staff to raid business owners and nothing would come out of it.

Nevertheless, with God on one's side and a good host who must be your own person that has established against all odds, being your guide, tanzania is a blessed commercial place. Not for work. They dont appreciate your skill. They prefer you train their people and leave. No work. You can school and leave. Few die hard nigerians chose to stay, suffered major setbacks, bounced back and have made it big from Tanzania.

May God bless our hustles

Bro you just did the needful, God bless you. My brother how can I sell my returning flight ticket to Nigeria here in Tanzania,

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Strive: 8:50am On Oct 06, 2017
Nwebele:
Truth about Tanzanians

1. They are very patriotic. They love their country and their countrymen. They respect their infractustures. No vandalism. They keep their environment very clean. There has been ban of satchet waters due to litterings. They frown at any one who litters. There are paid labourers sweeping even untarred roads. Tanzanians love themselves. Thats why they have a general mode of addressing one another as brothers (kaka) or (dada) sisters. A tanzanian would see his brother robbing you and would turn his eyes away. They would never take sides with you no matter what the brother doe[sup][/sup]s to you.

2. Recourse to public funds. Govt keeps the responsibilty of providing them basic infractures eg constant light, pipe borne water (though clean but not healthy for drinking) and good roads. Their BRT project is long completed with high standard. Continous repairs on major roads etc.

3. Tanzanians do not welcome influx of migrants who seek employment. The new president introduced a policy that makes it hard for foreigners to get easy documentation and or renewal of old documentation. They prefer to rather employ their own people and feel threatened that foreigners would render their citizens jobless. A great percentage of expatriates were denied work permit renewal and many have left Tanzania in the recent past.

Tanzanians have a very strong Beaureaucracy. It is very difficult to enjoy the system as an illegal. There are many willing snipers and informants who would tell on you. The law enforcement agents are always cracking down on such, especially around the business area. Even people who live in regions (outside major cities) are always arrested at home at odd hours. Your documents should always be with you as you are very likely to be stopped and searched at any time. It is hard to beat their system and be comfortable, especially in densely commercial areas. Hence, you should try to be documented properly.

Due to increased illiteracy and attendant joblessess, there are many cases of petty stealing, bag snatching, house and shop burgles, phone snatching. They can even snatch your phone and sell it back to you. Despite all these, there are few cases of armed robbery attack and rapes unlike some African countries where armed robbery is a nightmare and bloody.

Religious tolerance. They even intermarry though majority in the city are moslems

Business is good in tanzania but Tanzanians dont welcome foreign counterparts in business areas. They can connive with insiders or staff to raid business owners and nothing would come out of it.

Nevertheless, with God on one's side and a good host who must be your own person that has established against all odds, being your guide, tanzania is a blessed commercial place. Not for work. They dont appreciate your skill. They prefer you train their people and leave. No work. You can school and leave. Few die hard nigerians chose to stay, suffered major setbacks, bounced back and have made it big from Tanzania.

May God bless our hustles

Bro you just did the needful, God bless you. My brother how can I sell my returning flight ticket to Nigeria here in Tanzania,
mbano:
@Nwebele you are quite on point. Everything you wrote here is FACT.
mbano:
@Sassyp you just hit the nail on the head!. I was reading with keen interest until i read your thread and it came in just the way it really is. Tanzania is not what it used to be. The new president has changed everything. I dont need to say more, bcoz you have said it all. i have been going there since 2011 and i was there even in April this year eventhough I have RP .

@mbano nwoke ukwu,how do I sell my returning flight ticket to Nigeria here in Tanzania, and also where do I get Nigeria restaurant around.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by cutieme(m): 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
Strive:

O boy,how thatt side be now?From your own experience,how is the place ,how life there ,feed us more pls.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 26, 2017
cutieme:
O boy,how thatt side be now?From your own experience,how is the place ,how life there ,feed us more pls.

grin smh
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by cutieme(m): 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2017
Pidgin2:

grin smh
Stop this,i beg of u.lDon't stalk me again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by quinine24: 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
angelusbrut:
please..I want my boy to come their and join a football academy.do u think it's possible?I want to sponsor every thing.she lived with my mum and that's his settlement. kindly advice
Kindly google and contact Azam football academy,they will give you exactly what is suitable for your kid football carrier.
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by omoiyamayor(m): 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2017
Tanzania is frustrating I was there for a month,many Nigerians are suffering there just walking around.u can buy bread with 50000.but TZ is good for visit
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by cutieme(m): 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2017
omoiyamayor:
Tanzania is frustrating I was there for a month,many Nigerians are suffering there just walking around.u can buy bread with 50000.but TZ is good for visit
Really?This is serious!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2017
Nwebele:

Why are people so wicked. You cook up lies just selfish gains not minding what the victims of your scam might suffer. A lot of Nigerians are in prison in Tanzania with no one to help bail them out. Their only crime being falling prey to scam adverts like this only to get to tanzania and have the little with them taken.

Tanzania is peaceful to some extent, yes. The higher percentage of them are not literate hence jobless or doing menial jobs. Other handful percentage are in the commercial hub doing business (Kariakoo). The only difference btw a Tanzanian and Nigerian businessman is that the maintain good profit margin unlike nigerians who compete senselessly.

Tanzanians hate foreigners (fact). No matter how nice you are to them or how much they smile with you, their major preocupation is how to get rid of you even if they have to burgle your warehouse. They do that in conspiracy and their police cover them. They dont want you to invade their system at their detriment. They would rather allow you make mistakes and losses than teach you their swahili. It is best if you have someone who is eztablished already there who can help you integrate into the system. Otherwise, you get waisted. They are snitches/snipers everywhere in the business place. You would think the world is against you when police and immigration always get hold of you. You would have to bribe your way out and when you are milked dry, they can throw you into their prison to rot away or pity you and deport you.

HIV prevalence is very high here and they see aids like ordinary malaria. Dont mess with their women' s heart or the set you up and f*ck your life up with immi and police.
You cant get any benefit by marrying their ladies.

You are only a little free if you come to Tanzania as a student and lead a quiet life. Or you have huge capital that can cover between dollars 2k-3.5k permit for business and that is not even easy to get. Even with permit, you still get harrased for work permit which is about 1.5k before you can peacefully do busiiness. Be ready to have your documentation for your goods sources or police and tra will not let you rest. Again, taxes you have to pay for all goods sold. Tanzania is not easy. Only good to come for sightseeing. They hate Nigerians with a passion.

I stand to be corrected
You just killed tanzania with that post cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Biamoz(m): 6:55pm On Oct 26, 2017
I have been to TZ for a week visit. The structures is very nice. It's a nice place to do business thou you need a enough capital. They have market force like naija. Many neighboring countries like Zambia ,Malawi , Mozambique comes to buy goods from there. They have nice hotels thou I really miss naija food during my stay there because I couldn't get naija restaurant

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Sassyp(m): 2:50am On Oct 28, 2017
do u mean "mia tano" or "elfu tano"?
omoiyamayor:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Kilewani: 8:23pm On Oct 28, 2017
omoiyamayor:

Don't mislead people!

How can you buy bread for almost 24 USD?

In fact, food stuffs are cheapest in TZ, especially in big cities such as Dar. Welcome all to Tz, the land of Kilimanjaro Mountain and Serengeti National Park.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by omoiyamayor(m): 11:43pm On Oct 28, 2017
Kilewani:

Don't mislead people!

How can you buy bread for almost 24 USD?

In fact, food stuffs are cheapest in TZ, especially in big cities such as Dar. Welcome all to Tz, the land of Kilimanjaro Mountain and Serengeti National Park.
you will be the one misleading cus TZ is not destination for Nigeria greener pasture seekers, lol and I heard they even deport Nigerians, dat dirty country.naija don surfer
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by quinine24: 12:24pm On Nov 23, 2017
omoiyamayor:
This is a typical lie,a big bread worth Tsh 1500/=(equivalent to 0.6 usd)
A box of 1ltr ok of milk is Tsh 3000/=(1.2 usd)
Karibu sana Bongo dogo.
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Dollarpee49: 11:09am On Dec 12, 2017
good morning house, please can someone put through how to apply for Tanzania visa because i don't want to fall victim of agents anymore
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Kilewani: 3:39pm On Dec 12, 2017
Dollarpee49:
good morning house, please can someone put through how to apply for Tanzania visa because i don't want to fall victim of agents anymore

You get your visa on arrival. About 50 USD.

Welcome to Bongoland!
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Dollarpee49: 7:30pm On Dec 12, 2017
Kilewani:

Welcome to Bongoland!

thanks for your reply, does that mean I will just book fight, because I don't understand the process
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Dollarpee49: 7:50pm On Dec 12, 2017
Kilewani:

Welcome to Bongoland!

thanks for your reply, does that mean I will just book fight, because I don't understand the process
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by owoyemi101(m): 11:42am On Dec 16, 2017
Please have been here in TZ 3 days , i dont see any Nigeria . if you are here please let meet .

Dollarpee49:

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by MCzubby247(m): 12:55pm On Dec 16, 2017
Dollarpee49:
my broda,
save yourself the agony and stay back or better find another African country to go else is a better of times you will thank me.

human life is worth nothing in Tz.
I'm speaking from experience
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by cutieme(m): 12:57pm On Dec 16, 2017
owoyemi101:
Please have been here in TZ 3 days , i dont see any Nigeria . if you are here please let meet .

@Owoyemi,pls how much did u get your visa and the ticket?How also the country like?Share with us please.
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by MCzubby247(m): 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2017
owoyemi101:

go to kariakoo where dey sell computer ask about a "Nigeria" the will direct you but if it's what I'm thinking you are there to do go to Uganda is better that country is wicked in everything that has to do with a Nigeria person

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by MCzubby247(m): 1:13pm On Dec 16, 2017
cutieme:
@Owoyemi,pls how much did u get your visa and the ticket?How also the country like?Share with us please.
from frying pan to fire.
most of you will come back to give testimony after your 3 months is done 98%of Nigerians in tz are suffering with no way out

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by cutieme(m): 2:07pm On Dec 16, 2017
MCzubby247:

from frying pan to fire.
most of you will come back to give testimony after your 3 months is done 98%of Nigerians in tz are suffering with no way out
How do u mean?
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by MCzubby247(m): 3:12pm On Dec 16, 2017
cutieme:
How do u mean?
Tz is not a country for Nigerians living there. I personally know Nigeria guys in over 2 years jail just for overstaying. an average Tz things a foreigner is a maga to scam. bros, ask me anything I will give you first hand detail.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by cutieme(m): 9:46am On Dec 17, 2017
MCzubby247:
Tz is not a country for Nigerians living there. I personally know Nigeria guys in over 2 years jail just for overstaying. an average Tz things a foreigner is a maga to scam. bros, ask me anything I will give you first hand detail.
Tell me more pls.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2017
Tanzawhat shocked nawa Naija done suffer. Werrin Una dey go find for Tanzania ?Na so person dey tell me say e wan relocate go Vietnam. Are you mad
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by olystic: 11:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
Anybody can go for vacation in Tanzania but not for business. Instead do the business in naija. Tanzania no dey speak English and dem dey live simple life like Aboki. Their food will not taste well to a naija person. Their ewa no be am. And d average naija business person will do well there but dem go back stab u that one is sure because of envy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by bedspread: 11:28pm On Jan 01, 2018
Shonhairtaipei:
does tanzania hv sea port,i want to relocate there and what about used car tyres is it ok to sell there,would like to be bringing it in from taiwan over there
They sure hv a seaport... I think in Zanzibar, Dar re Salaam and may be one or two places... the greatest challenge here is the language.... I am presently

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by bedspread: 11:40pm On Jan 01, 2018
omoiyamayor:
dts a lie... bread here is 1200tzs for small size and 2500tzs for big..... don't exaggerate things u don't know
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by cutieme(m): 11:41pm On Jan 01, 2018
bedspread:
They sure hv a seaport... I think in Zanzibar, Dar re Salaam and may be one or two places... the greatest challenge here is the language.... I am presently
How is immigration issues there and permit too?
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by bedspread: 11:45pm On Jan 01, 2018
MCzubby247:

from frying pan to fire.
how do u mean suffering with no way out... Didn't you travel with a Return ticket?? If it's not favorable for u why not u not just get back to Nigeria.....
If u are a Godly and Honest person in Tz nobody can humiliate u...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maria Uchenna Raphael: Truck Crushes Taekwondo Athlete To Death In Nasarawa / Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses POS For Collecting Fares (Video) / Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.