Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee (6523 Views)

Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs / PHOTOS: Gov Ambode Inaugurates Lagos State Consumer Protection Agency / Prof Sagay Resigns As Chairman Presidential Advisory Committee On Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by CeoNewshelm(m): 5:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State has inaugurated a 12-member Economic Advisory Committee headed by renowned accountant and financial expert, Bode Agusto to spearhead the State Government’s drive to improve the business environment and advance the economic development of the State.

This was disclosed in a statement issued by the Secretary to the State Government, Tunji Bello after the State Executive Council meeting at the Lagos House, Alausa, Ikeja.

In his words: “the Economic Advisory Team is expected to bring an independent perspective to economic and business issues with the primary role of offering advice to the State Government for the purposes of fostering and advancing economic and business opportunities; provide an effective mechanism for engaging the private sector on matters relating to economic development of the State as well as provide advice and strategic direction along the lines of the Lagos State Development Plan.”

The Economic team is saddled with the responsibility of specifically advising on the overall finance strategy to bridge the massive infrastructure gap in the state; analyzing any issue, economic or otherwise, referred to it by the Governor and to act as champions for certain initiatives.

The SSG stated that it had become imperative, especially in this period of strong economic ‘head winds’ for the Government to better engage the private sector to get independent views on economic and business issues in delivering the government’s mandate to the people.

Other members of the Committee are

1. Kehinde Durosinmi-Etti,

2. Kenneth Igbokwe,

3. Nimi Akinkugbe,

4. Adenike Ogunlana,

5. Laolu Mudashiru,

6. Omobola Johnson,

7. Moruf Oseni and

8. Yetunde Akinluyi who would serve as the Secretary.

The State Government would be represented by:

9. Commissioners for Finance, Akinyemi Ashade,

10. Energy and Mineral Resources, Olawale Oluwo, and

11. Commerce and Industry and Cooperatives, Rotimi Ogunleye.

According to Bello, the private sector members of the committee were carefully selected based on their known track record of integrity, independence of thought and outlook as well as diverse industry experience.

He added that members of the Committee would be expected to commit to serve for at least two year while they would meet regularly and send reports to the State Executive Council, adding that the team would be allowed to invite industry experts to provide support during its deliberations.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/01/ambode-inaugurates-12-member-economic.html

cc lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by JBismarck(m): 5:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
Ok. Wait! Is that not the same Omobola Johnson that served as minister during Yar'Adua presidency?

Lalasticlala Mogidi Mynd44
Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 25, 2017
Good move, but it is high time we start seeking our own economic and financial independence. Check my signature a recession proof investment.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by naijablood: 7:26am On Jan 26, 2017
G
Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by Trapnews: 7:27am On Jan 26, 2017
undecided
Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by TANKDESTROYER(m): 7:27am On Jan 26, 2017
the dawn is near
Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by greatboom(m): 7:28am On Jan 26, 2017
hallelujah
Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by chibuzorAbia: 7:28am On Jan 26, 2017
What is Igbokwe doing there? This Ambode is falling my hand!

The stupidity of Yoruba leaders continues.

11 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by DeadWrong: 7:30am On Jan 26, 2017
igbokwe ke...a flattino from the erosion region. da fck

8 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by ohosi4real(m): 7:31am On Jan 26, 2017
I think the governor is working but appointments should b in all tribe in Nigeria because lagos is not own by yoruba's only thanks. I don talk my own

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by kubumilano(m): 7:32am On Jan 26, 2017
JBismarck:
Ok. Wait! Is that not the same Omobola Johnson that served as minister during Yar'Adua presidency?

I thought as much

1 Like

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by kubumilano(m): 7:32am On Jan 26, 2017
chibuzorAbia:

it is nt the same Joe igbokwe u know
Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by datola: 7:32am On Jan 26, 2017
chibuzorAbia:

How? Ambode should be commended for appointing a non Yoruba as member. In fact he is supposed not to be praised self but encouraged to appoint more 'non indegenes' into economic development committee of a cosmopolitan state like Lagos.

We are happy when America and other developed countries appoint Nigerians into key positions but are averse to appointing the same Nigeriand from other states.

How do we move forward like this or you are joking?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by chibuzorAbia: 7:34am On Jan 26, 2017
ohosi4real:
I think the governor is working but appointments should b in all tribe in Nigeria because lagos is not own by yoruba's only thanks. I don talk my own

You no go die well for that statement! Which part of Lagos is your papa from? Better head to your erosion land East of the Niger. And we prefer northerners anytime.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by stsinner: 7:36am On Jan 26, 2017
JBismarck:

Omobola Johnson was ICT minister during GEJ's presidency not yaradua's

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by Pavore9: 7:37am On Jan 26, 2017
ohosi4real:

Lagos maybe cosmopolitan but it is in Yorubaland, geographically and culturally.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by ednut1(m): 7:48am On Jan 26, 2017
Being wandering where Omobola Johnson go hide since.
Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by Lushore1: 7:55am On Jan 26, 2017
Our brother from the east will soon start telling us how igbokwe single handedly develop lagos state, even though there are 11 yorubas in the team....lol

20 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by Adesiji77: 7:55am On Jan 26, 2017
Cool...professionals with practical experience
Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by Gerrard59(m): 7:57am On Jan 26, 2017
datola:

We are happy when America and other developed countries appoint Nigerians into key positions but are averse to appointing the same Nigeriand from other states.

The dude you quoted is a confirmed tribalist. Before you quote someone especially in this section, look at the moniker. By their moniker, you shall know them.

At the topic, what a squad. Omobola Johnson? Lady that finished from Cranfield and Manchester? Jonathan had a great team, the best the country ever had (Aganga, Adesina, Ngozi) Nimi Akinkugbe?

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by AshiwajuFoward: 7:59am On Jan 26, 2017
ohosi4real:

Yinmu. You loudmouthed chest beaters don't desserve nothing from Ambode so don't deceive yourself. I would rather he appoints an SS or Northerner than you lots sef.

14 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by AshiwajuFoward: 8:05am On Jan 26, 2017
datola:

How? Ambode should be commended for appointing a non Yoruba as member. In fact he is supposed not to be praised self but encouraged to appoint more 'non indegenes' into economic development committee of a cosmopolitan state like Lagos.

Story for the gods. Are there no Yorubas living and doing business in the SE? When will their own governors too start appointing Yorubas? Abi is it only Yorubaland that must be dashing them appointments??

12 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by Agimor(m): 8:07am On Jan 26, 2017
Buhari will choose not to take a cue from this he would rather align with that midget of a governor.
Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by chibuzorAbia: 8:08am On Jan 26, 2017
datola:

Really have you been to AMERICA? Don't be fooled the world is tribal. Fools think they do things differently in Europe or Oyinbo land. ask those who have lived there. Lagos is YORUBALAND and must stay so. Igbos should go and LOVE their fatherland!!!

14 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by menikev: 8:09am On Jan 26, 2017
.....and we wonder why Nigeria cant move forward, if just one member from the East is generating all these racial comments. People are quick to forget the point. With the end in mind and a panoramic view of the bigger picture, one should be able to understand the importance of diversity in such committee. Its an 'Economic Advisory" committee. All they do is to advise, a think tank to ensure Lagos state is in the right direction. That requires people of different school of thoughts, ideology, cultural inclination, professional experience and unique knowledge.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by chibuzorAbia: 8:11am On Jan 26, 2017
Gerrard59:

The dude you quoted is a confirmed tribalist. Before you quote someone especially in this section, look at the moniker. By their moniker, you shall know them.

At the topic, what a squad. Omobola Johnson? Lady that finished from Cranfield and Manchester? Jonathan had a great team, the best the country ever had (Aganga, Adesina, Ngozi) Nimi Akinkugbe?

Thank you! I am a confirmed TRIBALIST!!! I am a proud Yoruba man. Igbos should go and LOVE their papa land. You people are going to bring war to Lagos. How can 2 people own the same land without leading eventually to a serious conflict?

8 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by 7lives: 8:15am On Jan 26, 2017
ohosi4real:

Lagos is a state in Nigeria, make everybody face their Papa house.

7 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by AshiwajuFoward: 8:18am On Jan 26, 2017
menikev:
.....and we wonder why Nigeria cant move forward, if just one member from the East is generating all these racial comments. People are quick to forget the point. With the end in mind and a panoramic view of the bigger picture, one should be able to understand the importance of diversity in such committee. Its an 'Economic Advisory" committee. All they do is to advise, a think tank to ensure Lagos state is in the right direction. That requires people of different school of thoughts, ideology, cultural inclination, professional experience and unique knowledge.

Abegi. Who that kind 'sophistication' don epp for Yorubaland if not to turn around and use it against us? That single man from that side in the committee's fellow kinsmen will soon spin this news in the near future and claim credit for singlehandedly driving and being responsible for Ambode's economic policy. We sabi dem well well.

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by DTaj: 8:24am On Jan 26, 2017
This is one of the reasons Lagos state continues to do well.

This is an economic management team that has members from other states of the federation- at least I know 2 of them so well- Ken Igbokwe, an Igbo man, was the very brilliant Country CEO of a foremost global firm called PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) until a few years ago; and Omobola Johnson PhD from Manchester Business School, from Ondo state, was the Minister of Communication (until 2015) under Jonathan. Some other members appear to be non-Lagosians too.

In 99.9% of states in Nigeria, non-indigenes can never be appointed as cleaners to members of such a committee, let alone get appointed as a member.

I live in Lagos, and I am not an indigene, but I admire this approach by Lagos State Goverment, which started right from Tinubu's tenure. For Lagos, it is all about competence; get people from any state, so far they can contribute!

Thumps up, Governor Ambode!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by 7lives: 8:29am On Jan 26, 2017
menikev:

How many Yorubas have your people appoint in the East, even as a clerk?.
You people's ideas are not needed, as you can see Lagos is already doing fine without your ideas.
In fact I'm strongly recommending that you people should take your ideas home, where it's highly needed.

9 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by AshiwajuFoward: 8:31am On Jan 26, 2017
DTaj:
This is one of the reasons Lagos state continues to do well.

This is an economic management team that has members from other states of the federation- at least I know 2 of them so well- Ken Igbokwe, an Igbo man, was the very brilliant Country CEO of a foremost global firm called PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) until a few years ago; and Omobola Johnson PhD from Manchester Business School, from Ondo state, was the Minister of Communication (until 2015) under Jonathan. Some other members appear to be non-Lagosians too.

In 99.9% of states in Nigeria, non-indigenes can never be appointed as cleaners to members of such a committee, let alone get appointed as a member.

I live in Lagos, and I am not an indigene, but I admire this approach by Lagos State Goverment, which started right from Tinubu's tenure. For Lagos, it is all about competence; get people from any state, so far they can contribute!

Thumps up, Governor Ambode!

See the spin I am talking about? Before long they will tell us non SW-indigenes are the ones that helped Tinubu, Fashola, and Ambode formulate policies that made Lagos what it is today. Yinmu. Asides from political appointments of little consequence abegi ko jo. Lagos under Tinubu, Fash and Ambode would still thrive without Igbokwe and fellows. More than enough Yoruba technocrats are available and have been doing it for Lagos. #Fact

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates 12-member Economic Advisory Committee by DTaj: 8:32am On Jan 26, 2017
chibuzorAbia:

Another ignorant (and arrogant) commentator! Ken Igbokwe, who was appointed on that Committee was the brilliant former Country CEO/Managing Partner at a global firm, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)! He is not Igbokwe of Lagos APC!

Imagine how stupid you look, having insulted Ambode and 'Yoruba leaders' on a thing you know nothing (absolutely nothing) about!

So many ignorant, bigoted members on Nairaland! Even if you are an illiterate, couldn't you have asked your brother or cousin to check Google on your behalf to know who Jen Igbokwe is?

Too many lazy kids on NR. I pity this dodgy generation of lazy bones. They do not read; they do not seek knowledge; they are quick to insult! Na only music dem sabi! SMH!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency / Atiku Underestimated Obi... / Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.