Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra (8839 Views)

President Buhari Looking Cute, Healthier & Full Of Life In New Pictures / Boko Haram Releases A Propaganda Footage Of Life In Sambisa Forest. Photos / Independent Biafra Will Not Be A Viable Country - Stratfor Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by davereal(m): 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2017
GREED AND THE IGBO MAN: The Prospect of Life in an Independent Biafra.

In September 2010, I began my first journey into the Eastlands. I was happy for exploring a part of Nigeria but was afraid too for venturing into the "lions den". Yes! Lions den, because that was Onitsha especially counting years backward. The tick forest, green grass and fresh air was just WOW as we descended the slope of 9th Mile. Then I saw pretty fair ladies/girls rushing to our bus shouting gala gala, lacasera, lacasera, hmmm...I thought: these beautiful girls are hawking? Where I come from they are " big girls" looking for the next aristo. I remember telling a co commuter that "I love the business prowess of the Igbo nation". But....
As we drive into Onitsha around 8pm, everywhere looked like a war zone, everyone was in a haste, I became more inquisitive, and they said there is a curfew by 8pm because of rampant crimes ranging from killings, robbery, kidnappings etc: then my fear increased to 70%.

Now here is the main reason for this long epistle:
The Igbo man is naturally hardworking, business oriented, independent, intelligent, diplomatic there by making the Igbo Nation economically viable. But...
My experience that night while boarding a bus from Opi Iweka to Madonna(Okija) confirmed the stereotype that the Igbo man is Greedy, Exploitative, Over-Ambitious, Naive and can go any length to make money irrespective of humanity or moral standard. Some even said " The Igbo man is the number one enemy of his brother". Now this was what happened that night:
There came two old women begging the driver to accept their less transport fees, but the he refused. They rushed to the other bus, same fate. They rushed to another again, same fate. They now returned to the first bus and started pleading earnestly. To my surprise the conductors threw their bags out and maltreated these women. Nobody could bail them out. An act that is rampant and normal UP-NORTH: home of hospitality.
I recalled this incidence because of what I just read online about the current exploitation of Igbo commuters by Igbo transport companies. Onitsha to Lagos 13,000-15000. People had to donates for one particular man to pay for his four children (13k each) after he cried before the manager who refused to heed to his tears. So I begin to wonder how an independent BIAFRA will fare. One Igbo guy said "Biafra will be a hell for the poor...they will roast us with high prices of everything". As hard as it is, I think he is right.
Life is expensive in the East mostly because of " Igbotic Greed". There is high distrust among the Igbo Nation, and until they fight that, my lovely BIAFRA will forever be a mirage. #Peace #GiveusBiafraorwedie #Reality

Disclaimer: Not all Igbos are greedy and not all greedy persons are Igbos!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by 2pep(m): 8:53pm On Jan 25, 2017
Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by months: 8:53pm On Jan 25, 2017
davereal:
[s]GREED AND THE IGBO MAN: The Prospect of Life in an Independent Biafra.

In September 2010, I began my first journey into the Eastlands. I was happy for exploring a part of Nigeria but was afraid too for venturing into the "lions den". Yes! Lions den, because that was Onitsha especially counting years backward. The tick forest, green grass and fresh air was just WOW as we descended the slope of 9th Mile. Then I saw pretty fair ladies/girls rushing to our bus shouting gala gala, lacacera, lacacera, hmmm...I thought: these beautiful girls are hawking? Where I come from they are " big girls" looking for the next aristo. I remember telling a co commuter that "I love the business prowess of the Igbo nation". But....
As we drive into Onitsha around 8pm, everywhere looked like a war zone, everyone was in a haste, I became more inquisitive, and they said there is a curfew by 8pm because of rampant crimes ranging from killings, robbery, kidnappings etc: then my fear increased to 70%.

The Igbo man is naturally hardworking, business oriented, independent, intelligent, diplomatic there by making the Igbo Nation economically viable. But...
My experience that night while boarding a bus from Opi Iweka to Madonna(Okija) confirmed the stereotype that the Igbo man is Greedy, Exploitative, Over-Ambitious, Naive and can go any length to make money irrespective of humanity or moral standard. Some even said " The Igbo man is the number one enemy of his brother". Now this was what happened that night:
There came two old women begging the driver to accept their less transport fees, but the he refused. They rushed to the other bus, same fate. They rushed to another again, same fate. They now returned to the first bus and started pleading earnestly. To my surprise the conductors threw their bags out and maltreated these women. Nobody could bail them out. An act that is rampant and normal UP-NORTH: home of hospitality.
I recalled this incidence because of what I just read online about the current exploitation of Igbo commuters by Igbo transport companies. Onitsha to Lagos 13,000-15000. People had to donates for one particular man to pay for his four children (13k each) after he cried before the manager who refused to heed to his tears. So I begin to wonder how an independent BIAFRA will fare. One Igbo guy said "Biafra will be a hell for the poor...they will roast us with high prices of everything". As hard as it is, I think he is right.
Life is expensive in the East mostly because of " Igbotic Greed". There is high distrust among the Igbo Nation, and until they fight that, my lovely BIAFRA will forever be a mirage. #Peace #GiveusBiafraorwedie #Reality

Disclaimer: Not all Igbos are greedy and not all greedy persons are Igbos[/s]!

AFONJA!

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by googlepikins: 8:55pm On Jan 25, 2017
Afonjas again

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by googlepikins: 8:56pm On Jan 25, 2017
davereal:

In September 2010, I began my first journey into the Eastlands. I was happy for exploring a part of Nigeria but was afraid too for venturing into the "lions den". Yes! Lions den, because that was Onitsha especially counting years backward. The tick forest, green grass and fresh air was just WOW as we descended the slope of 9th Mile. Then I saw pretty fair ladies/girls rushing to our bus shouting gala gala, lacasera, lacasera, hmmm...I thought: these beautiful girls are hawking? Where I come from they are " big girls" looking for the next aristo. I remember telling a co commuter that "I love the business prowess of the Igbo nation". But....

Rubbishh from an afonja, see their dirty face

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 25, 2017
Op why do you think they flock to Yorubaland where there's peace, a certain sense of brotherhood and humaneness amongst the people?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by BudeYahooCom: 9:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
yoruba writing unintelligible epistles in order live with ' greedy ibos' under one naijeriya. Never seen a people more confused with duplicitous priciples. grin grin

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

davereal:

5 Likes

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by CyberGypsy(m): 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
googlepikins:
Afonjas again
okay
Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by CyberGypsy(m): 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
googlepikins:
Rubbishh from an afonja, see their dirty face
yeah you try
Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by Eastactivist: 12:08am On Jan 26, 2017
Why are yorubas like this...
. Pathetic .

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by prince9851(m): 12:08am On Jan 26, 2017
Rubbish
All I know is DAT even before Lord lugard was born
We were independent and we were living happily

The only thing which defines who forms a con3 with u is 'value system' both negative and positive values!

Afonja cowardly balless foolish OP

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by prince9851(m): 12:14am On Jan 26, 2017
Can u imagine undecided
Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by bantudra: 1:19am On Jan 26, 2017
Eastactivist:
Why are yorubas like this...
. Pathetic .

is it true or not??...

one thing is clear...even if you get biafra,your people will still flock to nigeria...

una bring a father with 3 children to cry..
throw out luggages of helpless women,your own women,no sympatie a tall..
only animals behave like this...
no wonder the urhobo women poisoned you guys...very wicked set of people...

shey una dont have shame a tall..??...

this can not happen in lagos..impossible...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by bantudra: 1:21am On Jan 26, 2017
prince9851:
Rubbish
All I know is DAT even before Lord lugard was born
We were independent and we were living happily

The only thing which defines who forms a con3 with u is 'value system' both negative and positive values!

Afonja cowardly balless foolish OP

if you were living so peacefully why were so many of you in the north before the civil war??..

that tells me,you people were always like this...
you were running away from una selfs even before the civil war...

i had some bad experience too with igbos..
my own bad experience with igbos would fill a book...

no sympathy,no compation...

life is not only about money...

6 Likes

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by zendy: 1:38am On Jan 26, 2017
davereal:

Let me put it this way. It is better that life is expensive in the East rather than no life at all.

A Nigeria that cost Igbos over 3 million lives can never be better than the Biafra that gives Igbos their freedom.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by bantudra: 1:43am On Jan 26, 2017
zendy:

Let me put it this way. It is better that life is expensive in the East rather than no life at all.

A Nigeria that cost Igbos over 3 million lives can never be better than the Biafra that gives Igbos their freedom.

freedom to what??..to eat each others up??...

you already created a bad name for una selfs everywere abroad..

una realy think those abroad will forget what una are doing abroad just because una call una selfs nau biafrans??...

they will make visa stop for all igbos in biafra...

6 Likes

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by bantudra: 1:45am On Jan 26, 2017
forget the delta joining you guys..i dont want to be with people that will let me die on the floor when i need help...

2 Likes

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by zendy: 2:14am On Jan 26, 2017
bantudra:

freedom to what??..to eat each others up??...

you already created a bad name for una selfs everywere abroad..

una realy think those abroad will forget what una are doing abroad just because una call una selfs nau biafrans??...

they will make visa stop for all igbos in biafra...

Freedom to control ones destiny. Is it by force to be a Nigerian? That name is something Lugard brought with him to West Africa and imposed on us all. Because of that name, my fellow Igbos lost over 3 million people.

If it is you, would you like to be part of an organisation that might kill over 3 million of your people tomorow? Of course not, only a crazy person will want that.

So it is better for us to go our way, have bad name and use visa to travel than be part of something than can kill millions of us such as Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by bantudra: 2:29am On Jan 26, 2017
zendy:

Freedom to control ones destiny. Is it by force to be a Nigerian? That name is something Lugard brought with him to West Africa and imposed on us all. Because of that name, my fellow Igbos lost over 3 million people.

If it is you, would you like to be part of an organisation that might over 3 million of your people tomorow? Of course not, only a crazy person will want that.

So it is better for us to go our way, have bad name and use visa to travel that be part of something than can kill millions of us such as Nigeria.

i get you...i understand..

but the problem issss,go were....

i dont think you will ever get biafra on nigerian soil....

they maps some of your people always draw is a problem...

doa...

if nigeria dont declare war on you,other tribes will...

or you want other tribes to relocate from the maps that you people always draw??...

3 Likes

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by zendy: 11:34am On Jan 26, 2017
bantudra:

i get you...i understand..

but the problem issss,go were....

i dont think you will ever get biafra on nigerian soil....

they maps some of your people always draw is a problem...

doa...

if nigeria dont declare war on you,other tribes will...

or you want other tribes to relocate from the maps that you people always draw??...

Thats why the call is for a referendum where everybody can choose their destiny

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by T8ksy(m): 1:16pm On Jan 26, 2017
The poignant fact that my ibo brothers seems to ignore is that even in an independent Biafra they will still need their neighbours to thrive.

Despite the supposedly 3million killed by mainly the Northerners during the civil war, the ibos were back in the north (and west of the country) in great numbers which tells any reasonable mind that they do not have to make enemies of their immediate neighbours in their to achieve their freedom.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by drss2(m): 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2017
[s]
davereal:

[/s]

7 Likes

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by Acetyl(m): 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2017
Jesos ka ekwensu ike...
Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by Chiefobdk1: 2:07pm On Jan 26, 2017
Afonja in pains

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by Chiefobdk1: 2:09pm On Jan 26, 2017
davereal:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by Chiefobdk1: 2:12pm On Jan 26, 2017
Ka anyi mebisie ife a

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by Chiefobdk1: 2:12pm On Jan 26, 2017
bantudra:
forget the delta joining you guys..i dont want to be with people that will let me die on the floor when i need help...
bantudra:

From delta to onitsha. U really passed 9th mile. . Afonjas re so ignorant

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by Chiefobdk1: 2:13pm On Jan 26, 2017
davereal:

Abeg who cook ukwa for here

5 Likes

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by Chiefobdk1: 2:13pm On Jan 26, 2017
bantudra:
bantudra:

From delta to onitsha. U really passed 9th mile. . Afonjas re so ignorant

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greed And The Igbo Man: The Prospect Of Life In An Independent Biafra by Chiefobdk1: 2:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
Kedu onye ga esi ukwa

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking! Alliance For Democracy Party (AD) Stepped Down For Sowore (pictures). / Nigeria Not Ripe For Electronic Voting, Says INEC / USA Releases Military Hardware Bound For The Middle East (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.