Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Most Practical Location For A Fire Extinguisher - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Most Practical Location For A Fire Extinguisher (13190 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car / This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car / Types Of Vehicles And The Amount Of Fire Extinguisher(s) They Should Have – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Practical Location For A Fire Extinguisher by femicousim: 7:05pm On Mar 18, 2017
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... I think the only need to carry an extinguisher is to comply with the law... and the best place is in the trunk. But really...who can testify about ever putting out a fire or seeing or hearing about anyone putting out a car fire using the extinguisher? Yes....due to faulty wiring a fire has started somewhere in the engine... what do you do?....open the hood to get at the fire?..... you would be wayyyy more likely to get burn than outing the fire. Racing cars... yes...passenger cars no....but...it is the law.

i have @ least 2 experiences, it was @ charity bus stop area on apapa/oshodi express, i was driving and then people waiting @ bus stop, called my attention to the fire, when i stopped, the Samaritans were heaping sand from the road divider, initially i was too shocked to do anything, then i regained my composure, took the fire extinguisher from under the seat, sprayed @ the fire and off went the flames, it was wire induced & NOT fuel, the other experience was @ the workshop

1 Like

Re: Most Practical Location For A Fire Extinguisher by Originalsly: 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2017
femicousim:

i have @ least 2 experiences, it was @ charity bus stop area on apapa/oshodi express, i was driving and then people waiting @ bus stop, called my attention to the fire, when i stopped, the Samaritans were heaping sand from the road divider, initially i was too shocked to do anything, then i regained my composure, took the fire extinguisher from under the seat, sprayed @ the fire and off went the flames, it was wire induced & NOT fuel, the other experience was @ the workshop
Lol...kinda funny! ... you should buy my ebook...How Not to Lose Your Composure during an Emergency.... it's on sale now. .. buy one get one free.
Re: Most Practical Location For A Fire Extinguisher by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 19, 2017
abatically:
I've always kept mine under the driver seat until last year at Benin asaba road. The FRSC officer asked for it, I reached under my seat to get it, unfortunately the space was right and I accidentally removed the safety pin and some of the content discharged inside the car. I finally brought it out and the officer said it was empty. I tried to explain to him that it got discharged while I was trying to bring it out, even showed him some of the yellow substance in my car from the discharge, Omo the guy no gree oh. Last last their oga asked me to point to the bush and press it, I did and luckily for me some content was still remaining. So they left me. On getting to Owerri I met another FRSC check point, asked for fire extinguisher, brought it out and they said it was empty. Told them I just discharged the remaining one at the check point earlier, Dem no gree. Asked me to press, I pressed and nothing came out. I had to pay them 5k before they let me go.

Right now I keep it in my trunk, I know it's not the best place to keep it but under my driver seat is just too tight
pls how much can i get fire extinguisher, i don't have any.
Re: Most Practical Location For A Fire Extinguisher by Originalsly: 4:52pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hmmm....2017....fire extinguisher.... in car!... the best place is in the trunk and only to fulfill the law. Prevention is better than cure.... to prevent fires... take your car to be serviced by competent certified mechanics/workshops and do regular basic maintenance. Cars have no business catching afire just like that.See Gazzuzz for details!
Re: Most Practical Location For A Fire Extinguisher by erico2k2(m): 9:27pm On Aug 07, 2019
Benjamin702:
I keep it attached to the left of the driver's seat. I believe that this is a good and affordable place if there is an urgent need. In fact, last month I was looking for a new fire extinguisher, as my expired, in General, I'm glad that over the years, I did not need it. With overview https://carlifeguru.com/best-fire-extinguisher-for-car I found myself a compact new, Amarex that easily fit back in the saddle.

I will agree with the comment above, the fire extinguisher you need necessarily, as it can save human life and the question is not in the insurance
Best thing to do if ur car catches fire is to run far from it.
The reason, Petrol ignites and explodes, if you are that close you are gone!
Re: Most Practical Location For A Fire Extinguisher by nymphomaniac(m): 7:28pm On Nov 05, 2022
Hmmmmmmmmm. Do I really want to be close to a car on fire though? I guess it depends on where the fire emanated from. The passenger side remains the best place.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. / What Happened To Izuogu’s Z-600 Nigeria Made Car? / Toyota Corolla Dx Or Golf 4-pls Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.