Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,514 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake (1595 Views)

Byton's M-byte Is The 1st Production Car To Have A Touchscreen On Steering Wheel / Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hiā€‘Tech Car Thieves / Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by delaw4u: 6:47pm On Jan 26, 2017
Please I have 2009 Camry
I noticed when I pressed the brake pedal at a certain speed the steering wheel shakes
Please what could cause it?
This only happen when speed and trying to break and this do not happen all the time
Pls what could be checked and what will be the permanent solution to it
Tanx for the urgent response
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by ascendo(m): 7:00pm On Jan 26, 2017
Change your brake discs and pads. It's basically because the discs aren't good enough. . But the reason you have to change pads is because you don't use old pads on new disc

4 Likes

Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by oliverjiad(m): 7:01pm On Jan 26, 2017
delaw4u:
Please I have 2009 Camry
I noticed when I pressed the brake pedal at a certain speed the steering wheel shakes
Please what could cause it?
This only happen when speed and trying to break and this do not happen all the time
Pls what could be checked and what will be the permanent solution to it
Tanx for the urgent response
boss take it to the mechanics, it might be the bushing holding the brake pad
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by delaw4u: 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2017
Kk
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by ekoboy: 10:13am On Feb 03, 2017
Your wheel might also be bad. Wheel balancing will let your know.
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by Emblj: 1:44pm On Feb 03, 2017
Your disc and brake pads need to be looked into. Either or both is/are due for replacement.
Start with brake pads if problem persists or situation just improves pls go ahead and change d disc.
Pls look into d caliper as well.

1 Like

Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by delaw4u: 9:18pm On Feb 18, 2017
Tank you all I changed my brake pads today and immediately the steering wheel shaking went off
Appreciate all your replies
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by emmaak2(m): 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2018
oh
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by snipesdam(m): 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2018
Brake Rotors! Uneven surface. If rotors are too thing get new ones else resurface them. Problem solved.

(1) (Reply)

Ever Wondered What Professional F1 Drivers Drive Personally? (Photos) / Honda Civic Sport I8 Automatic/manual / I Would Like To Buy A 32 "TV For The Kitchen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.