Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

I Was Bitten By A Lhasa Apso By Mistake. Help! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Was Bitten By A Lhasa Apso By Mistake. Help! (2598 Views)

Breeding Plan For Beverly. First Of Its Kind For A Lhasa apso In Nigeria / Delivered A Lhasa Apso Pup For CDQ Today (pic) / Signs You Have Been Bitten By A Dog Infected With Rabies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Bitten By A Lhasa Apso By Mistake. Help! by lovemeohlord(m): 8:09pm On Jan 26, 2017
Nairalander In The House,pls Help O This Matter O

This evening when i arrived with my friend 4rm sch to his house.After i unleash the dog from excitement the dog jumped to meet me on the bed.And in the process of scaring the dog away I mistake,nly hit one of the dog teeth with my hand having a small cut with my hand.

Kindly Share ur advice.
Re: I Was Bitten By A Lhasa Apso By Mistake. Help! by Swegzfreak: 8:52pm On Jan 26, 2017
ha! bros... e don apen before oo.. your hand go dey decay small small till the thing reach your blokos

13 Likes

Re: I Was Bitten By A Lhasa Apso By Mistake. Help! by mymadam(m): 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2017
Haba, there's no cause for alarm... yet! Simply walk into a good hospital, state your case and the medical officer will probably give you an anti-rabies jab. I am NOT a doc though... just my HO as a dog owner. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: I Was Bitten By A Lhasa Apso By Mistake. Help! by Seun(m): 10:24pm On Jan 26, 2017
The puppy probably doesn't have rabies, but since rabies is an incurable disease that destroys your brain and kills you, it's better to play it safe.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Bitten By A Lhasa Apso By Mistake. Help! by lovemeohlord(m): 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2017
I just went to the sch clinic 2day Where they treated my hand but dey didn't have anti-rabbies injection , Doctor Said Dat I should go to buy d injection in a good pharmacy and bring it to the clinic. Anybody,with any idea of how much they are selling it.
Re: I Was Bitten By A Lhasa Apso By Mistake. Help! by Seun(m): 5:14pm On Jan 27, 2017
Nobody here is likely to know the answer. You'll have to ask at the pharmacy. To be honest, it is unlikely for an ajebuta puppy that has no contact with street dogs to have rabies. If the dog's behaviour remains normal and you don't experience any symptoms, you're probably ok.

Only one person in the history of humanity has ever survived a rabies infection. She remains severely brain-damaged, but happy to be alive.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Bitten By A Lhasa Apso By Mistake. Help! by 14teenK: 7:46pm On Jan 27, 2017
lovemeohlord:
I just went to the sch clinic 2day Where they treated my hand but dey didn't have anti-rabbies injection , Doctor Said Dat I should go to buy d injection in a good pharmacy and bring it to the clinic. Anybody,with any idea of how much they are selling it.
first of all when the dog bit you,did your bitten area bleed or was the skin broken?if not your safe and also if the dog had rabies,it would be long dead by now rabies kills a pet within 3months.
Re: I Was Bitten By A Lhasa Apso By Mistake. Help! by lovemeohlord(m): 7:59pm On Jan 27, 2017
14teenK:
first of all when the dog bit you,did your bitten area bleed or was the skin broken?if not your safe and also if the dog had rabies,it would be long dead by now rabies kills a pet within 3months.

It bleeds a little shaa,before i treated it
Re: I Was Bitten By A Lhasa Apso By Mistake. Help! by 14teenK: 8:00pm On Jan 27, 2017
lovemeohlord:

It bleeds a little shaa,before i treated it
bro you need to see a doctor....you can be so sure it might have other diseases apart from rabies
Re: I Was Bitten By A Lhasa Apso By Mistake. Help! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 28, 2017
Dogs infected with rabies die aprox. a week after being infected, so watch that dog for signs of consistent barking.

That friend of your is risking his life for just 3000 naira worth of service.
Re: I Was Bitten By A Lhasa Apso By Mistake. Help! by MrReeseG(m): 1:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
Swegzfreak:
ha! bros... e don apen before oo.. your hand go dey decay small small till the thing reach your blokos
cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

GSD For Sale In Ibadan ( 7weeks) Contact 08132252615 / My Black Boerboel / The Saint Benard's Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.