Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. - Islam for Muslims (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. (37383 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 9:13am On Jan 27, 2011
Ameen to the dua IFY, purification of our deen and intention is very important and may Allah assist us in this task.

xoxo, :

^Amin to that Ify. How to get them to give you a listening ear is the main issue, some don't even consider you good enough Muslims. Ironic----right? well its just the sad reality.

Shame on us, if we look down on others and thinking they are less muslim than we are. I have experienced this myself in some places I go to. Some muslims are so shallow in in intellect and thought that they judge you straight by appearance (i can understand this sometimes if a lady is without the head covering). I have been looked down on in some places because i dont wear a jalabiyyah or have a long beard . Some muslims even think in their sub conscious mind that the alpha and omega of outward apperance is a long robe, trousers above the ankle and a long beard. If you dont have this attributes you are doomed to the hell fire according to their thinking.

May Allah asist us all

1 Like

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by azharuddin: 9:28am On Jan 27, 2011
Lagosboy:

Shame on us, if we look down on others and thinking they are less muslim than we are.

You nailed it bro. Exactly the problem of everyone including me. We tend to judge people very harshly. People with good Imaan do not show off their deeds, So we can never know. Even if a person who is not religious we should not judge them. For only Allah know if in the future he/she might come to the right path and become a much better person than us. If Allah guides someone then nothing can stop him/her.

Before we judge someone we should think about Allah judging us in the day of Resurrection.! Its Something we all fear.
May Allah make it easy for us on that day.
Ameen.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2011
w
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 28, 2011
This present Jos crises has made me to talk,i have decided not to but just to leave you guys with your weak and gullible minds,trying to please people and compromising the Quran with other religion.
      I just see no reason why its a crime or a terrorist idea when the Ummah prepare the able bodied youth for  present or future war occurrence war,its only a wicked weak muslim that would brand it terrorism,you call it terrorism or its makes you cringe while your brothers are made into suya,or your sisters violated and thier homes taken from them,did Allah ever say we should fold arms and watch them destroy us?wallahi you people will answer to all you said concerning that.You all feel if you fight your enemies or prepare to fight them is termed terrorism,if thats so,then keep mopping while your generation wipe out before we all come to our senses.I refuse to be part of people that believe in some part and dnt believe in the other path.All i want you hypocrite muslims to know,if you cant actually understand it well from my post on other thread is that,my intention and what i wrote there does not in any manner signify acts of terrorism but prevention/preparation of oneself or group from the enemies,as they say prevention is better than cure.

IMAGINE,FIVE MOSQUES BURNT AND THOUSANDS OF HOMES AND PEOPLE DIED, all i can say again is shame to the Muslim Ummah who will term this war/crises as tribal.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by xoxogg(f): 12:27pm On Jan 28, 2011
Killing children and women even after the people u fight against have dropped their arms is not Islam. Burning any place of worship is not Islam, Killing even fellow muslims like Boko haram is not Islam. The scenario in northern Nigeria is not the scenario in Palestine and other victimised Muslim countries. The northern Nigerian situation is so complex, its difficult to grasp if you haven't stayed there.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by congoshine(m): 12:42pm On Jan 28, 2011
uplawal:

This present Jos crises has made me to talk,i have decided not to but just to leave you guys with your weak and gullible minds,trying to please people and compromising the Quran with other religion.
I just see no reason why its a crime or a terrorist idea when the Ummah prepare the able bodied youth for present or future war occurrence war,its only a wicked weak muslim that would brand it terrorism,you call it terrorism or its makes you cringe while your brothers are made into suya,or your sisters violated and thier homes taken from them,did Allah ever say we should fold arms and watch them destroy us?wallahi you people will answer to all you said concerning that.You all feel if you fight your enemies or prepare to fight them is termed terrorism,if thats so,then keep mopping while your generation wipe out before we all come to our senses.I refuse to be part of people that believe in some part and dnt believe in the other path.All i want you hypocrite muslims to know,if you cant actually understand it well from my post on other thread is that,my intention and what i wrote there does not in any manner signify acts of terrorism but prevention/preparation of oneself or group from the enemies,as they say prevention is better than cure.

IMAGINE,FIVE MOSQUES BURNT AND THOUSANDS OF HOMES AND PEOPLE DIED, all i can say again is shame to the Muslim Ummah who will term this war/crises as tribal.
coughs coughs
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by mukina2: 1:00pm On Jan 28, 2011
xoxo, :

Killing children and women even after the people u fight against have dropped their arms is not Islam. Burning any place of worship is not Islam, Killing even fellow muslims like Boko haram is not Islam. The scenario in northern Nigeria is not the scenario in Palestine and other victimised Muslim countries. The northern Nigerian situation is so complex, its difficult to grasp if you haven't stayed there.
sister you are blessed smiley
thanks for making this post kiss
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by mukina2: 1:26pm On Jan 28, 2011
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by olanajim(m): 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2011
Can seun put like and unlike button on nailand so that we can just stop dissipating our energies on usless posts by clicking "unlike" at least such posters will get the message faster than when we reply
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by mukina2: 2:26pm On Jan 28, 2011
grin grin grin
all sections have their own bot i guess grin grin
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 5:26pm On Jan 28, 2011
uplawal:

[b]I just see no reason why its a crime or a terrorist idea when the Ummah prepare the able bodied youth for  present or future war occurrence war,[/b]its only a wicked weak muslim that would brand it terrorism,you call it terrorism or its makes you cringe while your brothers are made into suya,or your sisters violated and thier homes taken from them,did Allah ever say we should fold arms and watch them destroy us?wallahi you people will answer to all you said concerning that.You all feel if you fight your enemies or prepare to fight them is termed terrorism,if thats so,then keep mopping while your generation wipe out before we all come to our senses.I refuse to be part of people that believe in some part and dnt believe in the other path.All i want you hypocrite muslims to know,if you cant actually understand it well from my post on other thread is that,my intention and what i wrote there does not in any manner signify acts of terrorism but prevention/preparation of oneself or group from the enemies,as they say prevention is better than cure.

This is coming from a fellow woman?
My prayer is this and wud always remain this,anyone preparing or anticipating war either within the deen,state or country,May the war start from the person head then end in his family.Amin
Cheei,are we allergic to peace undecided
olanajim:

Can seun put like and unlike button on nailand so that we can just stop dissipating our energies on usless posts by clicking "unlike" at least such posters will get the message faster than when we reply
lmao
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by hymen(f): 9:17am On Jan 29, 2011
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by azharuddin: 9:51am On Jan 29, 2011
@ify

Here is a small lesson for you which will bring you large benifits.

Before starting to anything good say 'Bismillahi-rrehmaan-ir-raheem'
meaning: "In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Compassionate".
Whether you are about to start eating, or starting on a journey, getting back inside the house or while giving charity or while opening any book to read or starting to do any matter say Bismillahi rehmanirraheem.

We should always intend to do things for the sake of Allah. Only with intention we get benefit for our deeds. I hope you can make this a habit InshAllah.
Listen to this video if you have doubts in correct pronunciation.

[flash=640,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ_gVZzuxHw?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

We all know about this but we seldom practice it. InshAllah we should try to make it a habit.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 12:43pm On Jan 29, 2011
azharuddin:

@ify

Here is a small lesson for you which will bring you large benifits.

Before starting to anything good say 'Bismillahi-rrehmaan-ir-raheem'
meaning: "In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Compassionate".
Whether you are about to start eating, or starting on a journey, getting back inside the house or while giving charity or while opening any book to read or starting to do any matter say Bismillahi rehmanirraheem.

We should always intend to do things for the sake of Allah. Only with intention we get benefit for our deeds. I hope you can make this a habit InshAllah.
Listen to this video if you have doubts in correct pronunciation.

[flash=640,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ_gVZzuxHw?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

We all know about this but we seldom practice it. InshAllah we should try to make it a habit.
Can i also say "In the name of Allah,most gracious,most compassionate" ? I for now,prefer using English language .
Thank you so much.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by azharuddin: 12:50pm On Jan 29, 2011
Yes ofcourse you can. But there is special reward for saying it in Arabic as it is from the Quran. Its mentioned in the hadith. Also in the english sentence "In the name of Allah,most gracious,most compassionate" contains only one of Allah's name. In 'Bism[b]illah[/b]i-r[b]rehmaan[/b]-ir-raheem' there  are included the names 'rahmaan' and 'raheem'. Gracious and compassionate are just translation and will not suffice for the actual words. Just like 'Azhar' means [i]light [/i]in english. If you call me light i wont respond will I.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by azharuddin: 1:09pm On Jan 29, 2011
“Whoever reads a letter from the Book of Allah, he will have a reward. And that reward will be multiplied by ten. I am[b] not [/b]saying that “Alif, Laam, Meem” is a letter, rather I am saying that “Alif” is a letter, “laam” is a letter and “meem” is a letter.” So increase your recitation of the Qur’an to gain these merits, and to gain the following merit as well."
[At-Tirmithee ]
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by hymen(f): 1:46pm On Jan 29, 2011
azharuddin:

Yes ofcourse you can. But there is special reward for saying it in Arabic as it is from the Quran. Its mentioned in the hadith. Also in the english sentence "In the name of Allah,most gracious,most compassionate" contains only one of Allah's name. In 'Bism[b]illah[/b]i-r[b]rehmaan[/b]-ir-raheem' there are included the names 'rahmaan' and 'raheem'. Gracious and compassionate are just translation and will not suffice for the actual words. Just like 'Azhar' means [i]light [/i]in english. If you call me light i wont respond will I.

Hmmm. Does this mean Allah favours those whose mother tongue is arabic ?

Because they seem to at an advantage IMO . undecided
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by azharuddin: 2:08pm On Jan 29, 2011
I was talking about the Quranic verse. Sister hymen when u highlighted u missed something. Here i ve done it properly.

azharuddin:

Yes ofcourse you can. But there is special reward for saying it in Arabic as it is from the Quran. Its mentioned in the hadith. Also in the english sentence "In the name of Allah,most gracious,most compassionate" contains only one of Allah's name. In 'Bism[b]illah[/b]i-r[b]rehmaan[/b]-ir-raheem' there  are included the names 'rahmaan' and 'raheem'.  Gracious and compassionate are just translation and will not suffice for the actual words. Just like 'Azhar' means [i]light [/i]in english. If you call me light i wont respond will I.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2011
@IFY,i now understand,you cant read,for crying out loud,did i ever mention anything like preparing for war to fight enemies
when they dnt fight muslims?you've just been busy reading upside down these days,incase you dnt get it right,PLS OPEN YOUR EARDRUM WELL THIS TIME,I MEANT MUSLIMS SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR WAR WHEN THE ENEMIES ATTACK THEM AND NOT THEM ATTACKING THE ENEMIES FIRST.

And as for your useless curseprayer,and you think thats what islam taught you to do to a fellow sister?
Did you ever know its not right for muslim to curse fellow muslim?am sure you know right,you just showing your leftover christian attitudes you kept somewhere,keep it coming,that shows how ignorant you are.And for you to think Allah(God)will answer such curse you placed upthere,you must be a joker then,probably reversing back to the sender because you inwardly planned cursing a fellow muslim sister,go learn how to read and assimilate well,then comment,but why comment again?i thought you promised not to qoute me or comment on my post?SHIOOR.

@Olanajim,you dnt have to teach Seun his job,he knows it better than you ok,if he wants it,he will definately put it there,if you dnt like a post as a result of hatred or dislike for the poster,pls it does not cost you a thing to passover it without replying,GBOROMIDELERU OSHI.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by hymen(f): 4:33pm On Jan 29, 2011
uplawal:

@IFY,i now understand,you cant read,for crying out loud,did i ever mention anything like preparing for war to fight enemies
when they dnt fight muslims?you've just been busy reading upside down these days,incase you dnt get it right,PLS OPEN YOUR EARDRUM WELL THIS TIME,I MEANT MUSLIMS SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR WAR WHEN THE ENEMIES ATTACK THEM AND NOT THEM ATTACKING THE ENEMIES FIRST.

And as for your useless curseprayer,and you think thats what islam taught you to do to a fellow sister?
Did you ever know its not right for muslim to curse fellow muslim?am sure you know right,you just showing your leftover christian attitudes you kept somewhere,keep it coming,that shows how ignorant you are.And for you to think Allah(God)will answer such curse you placed upthere,you must be a joker then,probably reversing back to the sender because you inwardly planned cursing a fellow muslim sister,go learn how to read and assimilate well,then comment,but why comment again?i thought you promised not to qoute me or comment on my post?SHIOOR.

@Olanajim,you dnt have to teach Seun his job,he knows it better than you ok,if he wants it,he will definately put it there,if you dnt like a post as a result of hatred or dislike for the poster,pls it does not cost you a thing to passover it without replying,GBOROMIDELERU OSHI.

Uplawal,are u okay? On one thread you are all nice and reasonable . , on another you're fighting and cursing like a market woman (omo alata cheesy ) .

Take e easy now ?

Islam is all about peace. Let the teachings of the prophet be your guide my sister.

azharuddin:

I was talking about the Quranic verse. Sister hymen when u highlighted u missed something. Here i ve done it properly.
Thanks for the clarification bro.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 29, 2011
@hymen,which thread did you see me cursing,odabi pe omu shepe?have you read thru my replies at all or maybe you read upside down too?pls show me where i cursed or was it not IFY that was cursing me?you've just showed how shallow you are,pls gerrout angry.
If i may ask,what made you think am omoalata?you dnt even know me,yet youre judging me,atleast 3 people know me on this forum and one of them knows me well,why no go and make enquiry if am in any way the way you thought i am,and btw is it not even better to be omoalata than to be "omo olosha"(armedrobber)child like you,pls think well before you talk next time.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by hymen(f): 4:53pm On Jan 29, 2011
uplawal:

@hymen,which thread did you see me cursing,odabi pe omu shepe?have you read thru my replies at all or maybe you read upside down too?pls show me where i cursed or was it not IFY that was cursing me?you've just showed how shallow you are,pls gerrout angry.
If i may ask,what made you think am omoalata?you dnt even know me,yet youre judging me,atleast 3 people know me on this forum and one of them knows me well,why no go and make enquiry if am in any way the way you thought i am,and btw is it not even better to be omoalata than to be "omo olosha"(armedrobber)child like you,pls think well before you talk next time.
You see ,you are already cursing.

Awon omo alata ni won ma'n tete binu,wo de ma'n tete shepe cry cry cry

Follow the Holy prophet's directions my dear & may Allah guide you as you do so.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 29, 2011
@Hymen,Girl,common use your brain for the last time,point out where i cursed first,you firstly refered me as omoalata initially and i gave it back to you,so whats the tete binu there?In your wildest dream you think its nairaland could make me vex?

point of corruption,am already using the prophet's teaching if you care,all you need do is,tell all your gibberish to the ones that need it better upthere,and tell them to stop cursing first,except you wanna remain an hypocrites just as you've been.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by mukina2: 5:28pm On Jan 29, 2011
People should learn how to ignore the spam bot, this is good thread and it should not be derailed smiley

@Azharuddin
I learnt that since i was a kid, anything i want to do i start with Bismillah smiley
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by azharuddin: 6:22pm On Jan 29, 2011
mukina2:

@Azharuddin
I learnt that since i was a kid, anything i want to do i start with Bismillah smiley

Subhanallah, Habits formed when you are young are easy maintain. I m still trying to make it a habit. InshAllah.

More rewards of Bismillah
Each and every aspect of a Muslim's life is supposed to be deen.
It is for this reason that Rasulullah (Saw) has shown the ummah simple little methods which would render each and every worldly affair of
his to become deen and for which he will be rewarded. It is for this reason that saying:
Bismillahir-rehmanir-raheem before any action, will render that action into an ibadah for which the reader will be rewarded.
Besides by saying: Bismillahir-rehmanir-raheem before any action, one is suggesting that his every affair - whether small or big -
can only be accomplished with the help and mercy of Allah.Thus every activity of a person will become an ibadah.
By doing this, he will draw closer to Allah and distance himself from the accursed Shaytan. And by not doing this he will deprive none other than himself.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2011
Asalam alekuim @ all.I was wondering if there is any sura or maybe hadith that gave a detailed account of the creation?Besides does anyone of us see Friday as a holy day and therefore working on friday a haram?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by zayhal(f): 6:31pm On Jan 30, 2011
wa alaykum salam,

Working on Friday isn't haram. We are enjoined to leave whatever business we're doing during the time of jum'a and go for the jum'a prayer after which we're encouraged to go back to our work/business.

ifyalways:

Asalam alekuim @ all.I was wondering if there is any sura or maybe hadith that gave a detailed account of the creation?Besides does anyone of us see Friday as a holy day and therefore working on friday a haram?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by azharuddin: 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2011
ifyalways:

Besides does anyone of us see Friday as a holy day and therefore working on friday a haram?

Working on friday is not haram, but working and not attending Friday prayer (juma'a) is haraam. Once the Adhan for Juma'a is heard we have to hurry to the mosque.

Suratul Juma'a, verse 9: o you who believe! when the call is made for the Prayer on Friday, then move
promptly to the remembrance of God (by listening to the sermon and doing the
Prayer), and leave off business (and whatever else you may be preoccupied with).
This is better for you, if you but knew.

After Juma'a we are allowed to return back to our jobs but we should still remember Allah in our daily jobs.

Suratul Juma'a, verse 10: And when the Prayer is done, then disperse in the land and seek (your por-
tion) of God’s bounty, and mention God much (both by doing the Prayer and
on other occasions), so that you may prosper (in both worlds).
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by zayhal(f): 6:44pm On Jan 30, 2011
Read Surah Jum'a Chapter 62:9-10
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by mukina2: 10:42am On Jan 31, 2011
Ify do you know these by heart now? smiley
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2011
zayhal:

wa alaykum salam,

Working on Friday isn't haram. We are enjoined to leave whatever business we're doing during the time of jum'a and go for the jum'a prayer after which we're encouraged to go back to our work/business.

azharuddin:

Working on friday is not haram, but working and not attending Friday prayer (juma'a) is haraam. Once the Adhan for Juma'a is heard we have to hurry to the mosque.

Suratul Juma'a, verse 9: o you who believe! when the call is made for the Prayer on Friday, then move
promptly to the remembrance of God (by listening to the sermon and doing the
Prayer), and leave off business (and whatever else you may be preoccupied with).
This is better for you, if you but knew.

After Juma'a we are allowed to return back to our jobs but we should still remember Allah in our daily jobs.

Suratul Juma'a, verse 10: And when the Prayer is done, then disperse in the land and seek (your por-
tion) of God’s bounty, and mention God much (both by doing the Prayer and
on other occasions), so that you may prosper (in both worlds).

Thank you.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2011
mukina2:

Ify do you know these by heart now? smiley

Off hand,Fa is my last-stop embarassed
Im expecting soonest and it kind of makes me dull wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Sheikh Jamiu AMI OLOHUN - Who Is He? / Imagining Intercourse Between Spouses / Unidentified Woman Who Died During Hajj Trip To Mecca (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.