Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,989 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) (39083 Views)

Nigerians Protest In UK Over Killing Of Benue People By Fulani Herdsmen(pics,vid / Multiple Bomb Blasts At CBN Quarters In Maiduguri. Photos/Video / Nigerians Protest At CBN Office Over Bad Policies Of Gov Godwin Emefiele (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by Eaglesence: 7:41pm On Jan 27, 2017
Iceman2017:
shocked protest here and there... And no single knockout will be heard but when a particular group deside to embark on their own protest base on their own belief, or even base on what UN constituted. The Nigerian arm forces will turn to commandos.

Its a pity on how things have falls apart...

That's the level of hatred on a particular tribe.

"HOW THINGS HAVE FALLS APART" KWANU?
ISORITE NA MATTER THE GRAMMER, WHAT WE WANT TO KNOW IS "CAN THE CENTER STILL HOLD?" Huuum, Nigeria my homeland
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by Eaglesence: 7:43pm On Jan 27, 2017
Abeg anybody. How much is a dollar to naira now a days in Lagos? Black market o??
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 7:49pm On Jan 27, 2017
darknetcom:
why the hell do you people care about the dollar so much??..

is it your currency??...

i just read this morning that americas debt as hit 20trillion dollars...new record..
it could reach 30trillion in some years...

stop wishing yourselfs badluck...

future americans will be slaves...

is this what you want??...

how the hell do you want to pay back 20trillion dollars debt....

What are you saying
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by darknetcom: 7:50pm On Jan 27, 2017
Sunnycliff:

Do you have constant power supply?

no...why??...
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by darknetcom: 7:54pm On Jan 27, 2017
stone07:
You are just talking as if that is how is easy.Tell us what u have been producing for people to buy. Did u produce the phone u are using or how many of your clothes are made in Nigeria.
U better go sleep.

sooooo you are hyping the dollar because of phones and clothes..??..

what an cheap excuse...

i know you need the dollar to buy fake hair and bleaching cream..

what you buy else abroad??...

none of you realy buy industrial maschines that is realy meaningful...

which one of you ever bought traktors to make work easier for farmers..??..
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2017
sapele914:
Mumu you no get sense,You are not ashamed to say we rely on industrialized nations or foreign markets for most of our wants after 56 years of independence go and look at korea who are happy to devalue their currency so they can export more. Number one problem with Nigeria so many ignorant people,market forces determine the price of the foreign exchange currency not government we are too monopolistic in our thoght process.
what are you suggesting we do now?
do you want import to cease, that will now lead to permanent winding up of naija like the picture @Reference described?

my opinion on this issue is that

1. to tackle the problem OP raised naija should redominate the currency like Prof Soludu as CBN govt once suggested, which the Ghanians later implemented.

2. the culture of corruption has to stop in both the leaders and the led.

3. there has to be conscious genuine effort on the part of govt and financial institutions to want to produce what is needed locally.

4. they need to encourage commerce and industry.
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by darknetcom: 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2017
VeeVeeMyLuv:

what are you suggesting we do now?
do you want import to cease, that will now lead to permanent winding up of naija like the picture @Reference described?

my opinion on this issue is that

1. to tackle the problem OP raised naija should redominate the currency like Prof Soludu as CBN govt once suggested, which the Ghanians later implemented.

2. the culture of corruption has to stop in both the leaders and the led.

3. there has to be conscious genuine effort on the part of govt and financial institutions to want to produce what is needed locally.

4. they need to encourage commerce and industry.

what is the problem now....

una were complaining 1year ago to devalue the naira..
now the naira is afloat...

what do you want more??...

miracles??...

the goverment should finance una lifestyle too??..

fake hair and bleaching cremes my foot...
finance that ya selfs....
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by darknetcom: 8:24pm On Jan 27, 2017
its not the business of the goverment to interfere in the economiy...

this thing runs it self...

i knew if the goverment stop interfering the rate will speed up immediatly...greed...tahhhhh..

its up to una now to give up the black-market or else,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good night...kiss the naira goodbye...
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by darknetcom: 8:28pm On Jan 27, 2017
sorry..i dont mean it as an insult to fellow nigerians..

this are just facts...

Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by toniok: 8:39pm On Jan 27, 2017
If you like protest from now till next year, nothing will change. dollar is scarce and the demand for it is high so the price will continue to go up. we must produce locally what we need and leave dollar alone. Nigerians! be wise
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by darknetcom: 8:40pm On Jan 27, 2017
toniok:
If you like protest from now till next year, nothing will change. dollar is scarce and the demand for it is high so the price will continue to go up. we must produce locally what we need and leave dollar alone. Nigerians! be wise

thank you....
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by darknetcom: 8:44pm On Jan 27, 2017
if you realy bloody need fake hair then produce it yourself..

wear horse hair if you like...i dont care...

but buying hair from india and brazil with dollars is crazy.....sorry...
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by ayemerbarth: 8:44pm On Jan 27, 2017
sapele914:
Mumu you no get sense,You are not ashamed to say we rely on industrialized nations or foreign markets for most of our wants after 56 years of independence go and look at korea who are happy to devalue their currency so they can export more. Number one problem with Nigeria so many ignorant people,market forces determine the price of the foreign exchange currency not government we are too monopolistic in our thoght process.
in the Bible, it says don't answer a daft cos he will think he is relevant. Going further on that same chapter, it says answer him that he may know he is actually a fool. Thorn between this two, I shall apply the latter. From your submission above, it shows you don't even know an airport or you are still in your thick village where ignorance is at its peak. You must be a black goat who is not exposed to foreign index and trade among nations. I shall take your reply to mean you need raw beans and I am ready to throw more to you and your generations to come. Go charge your infix phone and get ready.
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by darknetcom: 8:47pm On Jan 27, 2017
ayemerbarth:
in the Bible, it says don't answer a daft cos he will think he is relevant. Going further on that same chapter, it says answer him that he may know he is actually a fool. Thorn between this two, I shall apply the latter. From your submission above, it shows you don't even know an airport or you are still in your thick village where ignorance is at its peak. You must be a black goat who is not exposed to foreign index and trade among nations. I shall take your reply to mean you need raw beans and I am ready to throw more to you and your generations to come. Go charge your infix phone and get ready.

...walahi...which typ of english you dey type...walahi....

i didnt understood a word...
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:49pm On Jan 27, 2017
darknetcom:
its not the business of the goverment to interfere in the economiy...

this thing runs it self...

i knew if the goverment stop interfering the rate will speed up immediatly...greed...tahhhhh..

its up to una now to give up the black-market or else,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good night...kiss the naira goodbye...
because Buhari is clueless you are now saying it is not the business of the government to interfere in the economy. We don't need a government then... Zombiesm is worse that witchcraft... Gosh!!!

1 Like

Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by darknetcom: 8:51pm On Jan 27, 2017
PresidentAtiku:
because Buhari is clueless you are now saying it is not the business of the government to interfere in the economy. We don't need a government then... Zombiesm is worse that witchcraft... Gosh!!!

clueless in what?..

the guy is in holydays...

chaiiiii...

what is wrong with you guys??...

should he empty his own account to help nigerian economy....
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by chairmanchairmam: 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2017
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by darknetcom: 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2017
buhari already told you 2 years ago what he knows or understood of economy..he said dont devalue.......!!!!.....

but una still used democratical wayo to devalue...

what now??..

woww...jonathan did better because you had a bit more but you neglected your police and army for it and was nearly overran by boko haram...wowwww..

make una clap for una sef...wowwww...

over 200 of your daughters kidnapped,nothing happen,kiloshele..

wowww....
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by PresidentAtiku(m): 9:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
darknetcom:

clueless in what?..

the guy is in holydays...

chaiiiii...

what is wrong with you guys??...

should he empty his own account to help nigerian economy....
may allah forgive you. Imagine that all the past administrations managed the economy the way Buhari is managing our economy, will we have a country to call Naija?

Can Obama go on a holiday when inflation in his country is over 30%... Smh!
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by chairmanchairmam: 9:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
ipreach this is just the beginning of the end of Buhari and APC[/quote] are you sure
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by darknetcom: 9:05pm On Jan 27, 2017
PresidentAtiku:
may allah forgive you. Imagine that all the past administrations managed the economy the way Buhari is managing our economy, will we have a country to call Naija?

Can Obama go on a holiday when inflation in his country is over 30%... Smh!

obama messed up americas economy more than you think..

obama was the worst president that america ever had...
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by darknetcom: 9:11pm On Jan 27, 2017
whatever...
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by Sibrah: 9:16pm On Jan 27, 2017
kabrud:

Have u ever travelled out of naija? Nigerians do travel out for one reason or the other and outside the shore of Nigeria, a blank plane sheet has more value than the Naira as it is not accepted as a tender but the USD is accepted. However, u can change ur naira into dollars b4 leaving naija and just imagine exchanging 500k for $1k, shouldn't that be a source of concern? What used to be 2k outside naija ($10, at 200/$) is now 5k (still $10, at 500/$)
The problem is we depend on dollar for too many things. Rice, flour and petrol which can all be produced locally alone eats 50% of our forex. If the extra demand for dollar didn't drive its price up we will be getting for less than N200.
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by MadeInSpain2015(m): 10:26pm On Jan 27, 2017
Unaa never see anything.... By 2018 1$ to 1000
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by danigbo(m): 10:50pm On Jan 27, 2017
Nemesis don catch Bubu. ..

Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by darknetcom: 10:52pm On Jan 27, 2017
slowbreeze:

Wat I don't understand is DAT before u change it to yuan or wateva currency u still gotta change ur naira to dollar first den from dollar to yuan..so it still affects evritin.

so that yuan deal was rubbish..

okay....

i didnt knew that..

then we have to abolish the naira,and start using the dollar by making a deal with america,the way europe did with eu...

bye bye naira..
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by Iceman2017(m): 11:00pm On Jan 27, 2017
Eaglesence:

"HOW THINGS HAVE FALLS APART" KWANU?
ISORITE NA MATTER THE GRAMMER, WHAT WE WANT TO KNOW IS "CAN THE CENTER STILL HOLD?" Huuum, Nigeria my homeland

My dear pardon my crammer. Though I was little busy when I wrote that and I did not re-read it.

The center cannot hold again my dear.The system has made the center porous.
Also the mentality of power belong to us of a particular tribe have created a lot of divisions and the center cannot hold again
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by Iceman2017(m): 11:03pm On Jan 27, 2017
kayo80:

Or it shows that there is a difference between sensible peaceful protest and violent protest.
Do you have any prove that the protest were violent.
Don't be misguided bro
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by ancientbanana: 11:20pm On Jan 27, 2017
darknetcom:

is it your currency??...

i just read this morning that americas debt as hit 20trillion dollars...new record..

it's obvious ur naive
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by usmanjay(m): 12:03am On Jan 28, 2017
darknetcom:

is it your currency??...

abeg o where did you get this news from? give me the source ejoo
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by darknetcom: 12:56am On Jan 28, 2017
usmanjay:

abeg o where did you get this news from? give me the source ejoo

what..??...are you kidding me??..am i your news center??..
i dont have time for this jooor...

who know know.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Afenifere Rejects Tinubu’s Victory, Insists Obi Won / Message From A Soldier From Warri To His Niger Delta People About Okuoma Killing / IPOB Emerges 10th Deadliest Terror Group In The World - IEP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.