Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) (39084 Views)

Nigerians Protest In UK Over Killing Of Benue People By Fulani Herdsmen(pics,vid / Multiple Bomb Blasts At CBN Quarters In Maiduguri. Photos/Video / Nigerians Protest At CBN Office Over Bad Policies Of Gov Godwin Emefiele (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by vatiqan(m): 4:57pm On Jan 27, 2017
darknetcom:
why the hell do you people care about the dollar so much??..

is it your currency??...

i just read this morning that americas debt as hit 20trillion dollars...new record..
it could reach 30trillion in some years...

stop wishing yourselfs badluck...

future americans will be slaves...

is this what you want??...

how the hell do you want to pay back 20trillion dollars debt....

You see your life? But dnt forget rhe almighty crook APC, used this as one of their campaign slogan. Karma.... Karma... Trully a Btch!

1 Like

Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by Pchidexy(m): 4:58pm On Jan 27, 2017
darknetcom:

you are the ones hyping it up..

if you would just forget it for a while it will come down...

find a way to produce those things you need from abroad localy...it can not be that hard...

what do you need from abroad that you can not produce here??...

me?..i need nothing a tall from abroad..

what is it??..fake hair?,bleaching cream?.,condoms?..

what?...
You re just mad! Why is Buhari in London hospital then. We produce nothing except small crude oil. Think before you speak! Illiterate!
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by vatiqan(m): 5:00pm On Jan 27, 2017
tolexy007:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

tell them o. Darknetcom, what do you have to say?
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by AlvanT(m): 5:03pm On Jan 27, 2017
Billyonaire:
I will lead the protest in Lagos soonest. Who is in ?
Mr Billy O i'm in Anytime!!! cool
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by buchai: 5:04pm On Jan 27, 2017
na we cause our own problems every where you Demolition and new mall big plaza renovation almost in all 36 state of federation with less interest in farm go to some other African countries they lesser developed and there money are okay and they feed well why because they engaged in farming and food are spurious. I think we should concentrate more on agriculture farm produce and stop all these plaza plaza of a thing all this big big mall are why we clamour for dollar increase I think tinubu and co follow destroyed our economy they put more efforts on meaningless structures that clashes our economy today they should continued building mall and plaza.
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by princeonx: 5:15pm On Jan 27, 2017
AshawoGirl:
Ashawogirl
Na wa for this your moniker oh lol
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by Icon79(m): 5:32pm On Jan 27, 2017
Instead of protesting the price of dollar, these folks should make themselves useful by producing some beneficial goods and services for Nigeria. The price of dollar and any other foreign currency would go down drastically if Nigeria reduces its dependency on foreign goods. Other than that, even the Nigerian Central Bank cannot fix the exchange rate....if they like, they can carry placards from here to the moon.

BS upon BS!
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by AngryNigerian(m): 5:36pm On Jan 27, 2017
darknetcom:

find a way to produce those things you need from abroad localy...it can not be that hard...

what?...

May God bless your tenth generation!!! We keep on complaining...

We have rice...still we prefer to import
We have all types of fuel...still we prefer to import
Innoson & co de here...still we prefer import
We like travel die to do effizy...Wetin happen to Obudu

And so on...
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by toprealman: 5:37pm On Jan 27, 2017
darknetcom:

is it your currency??...

i just read this morning that americas debt as hit 20trillion dollars...new record..

Because some people use that currency for BASIC/ necessary transactions!
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by AngryNigerian(m): 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2017
Pchidexy:
You re just mad! Why is Buhari in London hospital then. We produce nothing except small crude oil. Think before you speak! Illiterate!

Do you need lenses to enable you read what he wrote or you need brain to comprehend? Chaiii...

Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by Electroweb(m): 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2017
Nigeria is becoming a country where you will always have someone to join you to do whatever you want do far, as money will exchange hands. If want to protest about the sands in your neighbourhood, people will join you. Gradually we are becoming a capitalist economy.
My thoughts.
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by toprealman: 5:41pm On Jan 27, 2017
AngryNigerian:

May God bless your tenth generation!!! We keep on complaining...
We have rice...still we prefer to import We have all types of fuel...still we prefer to import Innoson & co de here...still we prefer import We like travel die to do effizy...Wetin happen to Obudu
And so on...
Yes, we have quality education too abi?
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by brownhawk: 5:41pm On Jan 27, 2017
WORDWORLD:

That is DEMOCRACY...........manipulation.
democracy my foot. ur own democracy is when u loot national treasury and distribute it without due consideration or when u act without due consideration
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 27, 2017
brownhawk:
democracy my foot. ur own democracy is when u loot national treasury and distribute it without due consideration or when u act without due consideration

Brownhawk............is the amount of monies earned as salaries by the Nigerian Senators for example a LOOT of national treasury?
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 27, 2017
ayemerbarth:
we care because this ugly exchange rate is causing a negative and drastic increase in goods as we rely on industrialized nations or foreign markets for most of our wants.
Dont mind him,i have a lot of Professional exams to write CCNA, COMPTIA, ORACLE I have my masters to do outside. but I can't because my papa no be dangote to release money for foreign study with the dollar rate, my cousin is about to return to Nigeria to complete is study in this our useless educational system all because of dollar hype you are there talking nonsense as if your country can do without dollar #rubbidh
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by AngryNigerian(m): 5:48pm On Jan 27, 2017
toprealman:
Yes, we have quality education too abi?

I just listed the ones we have...we can have that one too, and more!
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by Reference(m): 5:53pm On Jan 27, 2017
darknetcom:

what?...

You're too ignorant for this kind of forum. If foreign exchange flow to Nigeria siezes up. In a week patients will be dying in hospitals due to lack of medical perishables, within a week fuel will become scarce, within a month the prices of EVERY COMMODITY will rise, within 6 month oil production will stop because expat salaries will cease, within a year aircraft will begin falling out of the sky due to lack of fx to maintain them, within 2 years the road networks, power plants and telecom networks will erode, corrode and collapse due to lack of maintenance and the worst thing is that you will not hear or see any of this at least from a neutral, unbiased perspective because sattelite tv will be cut off due to unremittable revenue. Think.

And by the way, you and Shekau will be seated drinking tea together over breakfast because the Army cannot get a new consignment of 7.62mm or 105mm shells for their artillery pieces. And believe me he won't care if you bonk with Italian or Chinese rubber.

1 Like

Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by Pchidexy(m): 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2017
AngryNigerian:

Do you need lenses to enable you read what he wrote or you need brain to comprehend? Chaiii...
Tell that to your father! Bingo!
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by AngryNigerian(m): 6:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
Pchidexy:
Tell that to your father! Bingo!

...he's already dead, sorry
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by Reference(m): 6:09pm On Jan 27, 2017
TippyTop:
Adeyanju is becoming stronger and stronger politically. Never thought he could pull it off, but he did. Well done Deji.

The government daily 'changes' jokers to superstars and raises dead politicians faster than 'Resident Evil'.

1 Like

Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by KingGBsky(m): 6:10pm On Jan 27, 2017
darknetcom:

what?...

Some people will just come here and type nonsense. Are you to tell people what they want or like or can naira be used to import goods? oga leave this section now!
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by KingGBsky(m): 6:12pm On Jan 27, 2017
darknetcom:
and una are forgeting that their are some nigerians that are speculating for the rate to go up..

nigerians are nigerians worst enemies...

Oga that is business. They actually didn't propose for it to go up but since they find business in it you can't blame them to go for it. its simply trading forex
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by Cjrane2: 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2017
Kikikik,,,lolz....
Bihari is in coma literally speaking on how to run a modern economy.
In his mind once he issues an "ORDER" for the exchange rate, it magically becomes what he dreams. grin grin grin grin grin

How did we get to the stage of being ruled by complete dunces like Bihari? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by Deepfreezer(m): 6:25pm On Jan 27, 2017
All this rubbish because Buhari dey mad. Please its time to lock up Aso rock and National Assembly make every body begin go house.
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by Reference(m): 6:35pm On Jan 27, 2017
xandy84:
Buhari has completely lost any public goodwill that brought him to power by being slow, took forever to appoint ministers and members of cabinet, hurriedly implement TSA and that put the economy is great financial stress. Buhari is on a free fall now and he will be surprise in coming months that an hungry masses is and angry masses and an angry masses does not care about death.

Quite right about TSA as we said then. When an economy slows the last thing government does is to draw resources to itself. Economics 101 says government slows the economy when it moves fast as in the time of Jonathan which he failed to do by saving but Buhari equally scores an F by slowing further an already slowing economy by excessive savings, currency controls, stifling regulation regimes and bigger government footprint. He just forgot that government worldwide in the 21st century is an umpire not a player in the game of capitalism, free market and enterprise. Pragmatic, knowlegeable people run countries these days not sentimentalists.
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by NaMeAboki: 6:48pm On Jan 27, 2017
darknetcom:

is it your currency??...

Don't mind them; they are being misguided by sheer hatred of the man in charge; as he is responsible for the worldwide crash in oil prices and their insatiable thirst for foreign imported goods, including ridiculous unnecessary ones like toothpicks/paste or ogbono and egusi soup from India - which wastes and drains away our declining forex earnings.
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by richeeyo(m): 7:10pm On Jan 27, 2017
darknetcom:

is it your currency??...

I can tell you know nothing about economics or forex trade. So just don't talk
Americans technically own no one such amount, it was money that could have been saved that was, used in fighting RADICAL ISAMIC TERRORISM around the globe, donations for emergency reliefs in disaster Zones, in short expenditures that were never part of the budget. Who pays such Sept 20trllion
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by richeeyo(m): 7:10pm On Jan 27, 2017
darknetcom:

is it your currency??...

Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by buchai: 7:17pm On Jan 27, 2017
my people please abeg una do not join the protest what so ever protest pls and pls do not join "o kpatara nku ahuhu di si ngwere ya biara ya ugwo"
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by brownhawk: 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2017
WORDWORLD:

Brownhawk............is the amount of monies earned as salaries by the Nigerian Senators for example a LOOT of national treasury?
indirectly and from a moral sense. yes it is
Re: Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) by sapele914(m): 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2017
ayemerbarth:
we care because this ugly exchange rate is causing a negative and drastic increase in goods as we rely on industrialized nations or foreign markets for most of our wants.
Mumu you no get sense,You are not ashamed to say we rely on industrialized nations or foreign markets for most of our wants after 56 years of independence go and look at korea who are happy to devalue their currency so they can export more. Number one problem with Nigeria so many ignorant people,market forces determine the price of the foreign exchange currency not government we are too monopolistic in our thoght process.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Message From A Soldier From Warri To His Niger Delta People About Okuoma Killing / Governor Akinwumi Ambode Defies All Odds, Submits Nomination Forms / Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.