Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,703 members, 7,955,655 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:03 PM

See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos (52163 Views)

Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) / Customs Hands Over Seized Helicopters To NAF At Lagos Airport / The Mushshak Aircrafts Acquired From Pakistan By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos by biyams83(m): 6:40am On Jan 28, 2017
dainformant:
na only pictures u dey look, the reason is in the post
forget am ba mumu him be
Re: See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos by Blackrev: 7:03am On Jan 28, 2017
Runaway:
who cease am?
Julius CEASER
Re: See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos by fkj950ax(m): 7:20am On Jan 28, 2017
Fake news everywhere due to lazy journalism.

This is a Bell 412 Helicopter
The Bell 412 is a twin-engine utility helicopter of the Huey family manufactured by Bell Helicopter. It is a development of the Bell 212, with the major difference being the composite four-blade main rotor.

It doesn't have attack capabilities as said by the thieving airforce officials, except you ask Bell to retrofit it.

http://www.bellhelicopter.com/commercial/bell-412ep

It cannot be used in war operations, as it isn't that fast, nor can fly high altitudes.

The under carriage can be perpetrated by AK47 rounds, that's why military personnel flying in it sit on their bullet proof vest.

It's used most times as an ambulance or medical heli.

It is impossible to export or import anything anywhere in the world today and conceal your identity.

If they wanted to find the owner, all they had to do was prevent the plane that brought it from leaving Nigeria. Trust me, the pressure will bring out the owners name.

The helicopters have serial numbers that if sent to Bell, it will give the name of the purchaser, dealer, agent, amount paid, payment method... It's like a VIN on cars.

So all impounded cars would be handed over to FRSC and VIO going forward... Our public officials are bereft of ideas.

It is described as a utility and logistics equipment used by Hospitals, Fire Service, Cargo Transport, Search and Rescue...

1 Like

Re: See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos by Caseless: 7:53am On Jan 28, 2017
shukudi:
they were imported through the land boarder.
grin

@topic this can be traced through the country where it was purchased from. The person behind the purchase must be revealed. We heard how helicopters drop arms for insurgents and herdsmen zamfara , benue.
Re: See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos by Caseless: 8:04am On Jan 28, 2017
fkj950ax:

The Bell 412 is a twin-engine utility helicopter of the Huey family manufactured by Bell Helicopter. It is a development of the Bell 212, with the major difference being the composite four-blade main rotor.

It doesn't have attack capabilities as said by the thieving airforce officials, except you ask Bell to retrofit it.

It cannot be used in war operations, as it isn't that fast, nor can fly high altitudes.

The under carriage can be perpetrated by AK47 rounds, that's why military personnel flying in it sit on their bullet proof vest.

It is impossible to export or import anything anywhere in the world today and conceal your identity.

If they wanted to find the owner, all they had to do was prevent the plane that brought it from leaving Nigeria. Trust me, the pressure will bring out the owners name.

The helicopters have serial numbers that if sent to Bell, it will give the name of the purchaser, dealer, agent, amount paid, payment method... It's like a VIN on cars.

So all impounded cars would be handed over to FRSC and VIO going forward... Our public officials are bereft of ideas.

It is described as a utility and logistics equipment used by Hospitals, Fire Service, Cargo Transport, Search and Rescue...
you're right. Maybe they saw what they could take and did just that citing noncompliance with procurement rules of such machines(that's enough reason for them to seize the computers) , remember, it's in the report that the person behind the purchase refused to show up- I think he created room for the seizure.

My worry is, the authority should have done more to trace the buy through the manufacturer cos they've been security reports of how copters make supply for insurgents in the NE and for attackers in zamfara.

Just to remind you, the copters did not come via cargo plane, they came through the sea. So , there's no way a plane that brought them could've been impounded in this case.

1 Like

Re: See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos by benakrom(m): 8:34am On Jan 28, 2017
Caveatemptor:

It is an attack helicopter.
It was imported in 2015.
The accessories such as the rotor blades and the munitions are in the wooden crates pictured beside the two choppers. They were dismantled so they could fit into the cargo plane that brought them into the country.

Bro, this is not an attack helicopter... Stop this... The guy was right, they're regular bell 412s... What you see in the crates are not just the blades (they are not ammunition), but different parts of the helicopter including the tail boom, rotor head, Interior, and other fittings/accessories. Lasts the way helis are packed for transport, when they are not flown to the destination. Its mainly used for offshore work, EMS, passenger transport. The air force can do with it what they want to do with it including transport of equipment, soldiers and they might end up configuring it as a gun carrying chopper, but that's a long shot, you don't just hang stuffs on helis because you feel like it, it will totally unbalance the aircraft and make it unsafe for flight, especially when the manufacturer/Aviation administration didn't approve such.
That's why you have military versions of these helicopter... The huey.
Re: See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos by benakrom(m): 8:42am On Jan 28, 2017
fkj950ax:

God bless you... Moreover the choppers weren't seized because they didn't know the owner, but because the documentation was faulty, so they had to go to court to get forfeiture to the FG... It's the same bell engineers that will come and couple the aircraft... So it's not shady... Helicopters ain't cars that can just be exported anyhow or with very little paper work.
Re: See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos by begwong: 9:05am On Jan 28, 2017
philchudi:
Why was it seized?
Next tym u read all b4 commenting!
Re: See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos by Aawizdom(m): 11:03am On Jan 28, 2017
AntiWailer:

They will come and interprete it for u.

So u scream the easiest line.

Let me drop my line.

"It was bought by Christians for evangelism and Buhari want to give it to Muslims. If you notice the head of the people he gave it to will likely be muslim"
It is Islamization Agenda.
Evangelism or terrorism, correct that pls..
Re: See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos by shukudi(m): 11:14am On Jan 28, 2017
Caseless:
grin

@topic this can be traced through the country where it was purchased from. The person behind the purchase must be revealed. We heard how helicopters drop arms for insurgents and herdsmen zamfara , benue.
. Our security agencies nd government are not serious. if they don't know the owners of the helicopters, don't they know the airline that brought them into the country.
Re: See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos by Caveatemptor(m): 12:33pm On Jan 28, 2017
benakrom:

Bro, this is not an attack helicopter... Stop this... The guy was right, they're regular bell 412s... What you see in the crates are not just the blades (they are not ammunition), but different parts of the helicopter including the tail boom, rotor head, Interior, and other fittings/accessories. Lasts the way helis are packed for transport, when they are not flown to the destination. Its mainly used for offshore work, EMS, passenger transport. The air force can do with it what they want to do with it including transport of equipment, soldiers and they might end up configuring it as a gun carrying chopper, but that's a long shot, you don't just hang stuffs on helis because you feel like it, it will totally unbalance the aircraft and make it unsafe for flight, especially when the manufacturer/Aviation administration didn't approve such.
That's why you have military versions of these helicopter... The huey.

Ok. I am not gonna argue with you.
Just be assured that I have seen these two choppers physically. I am quite sure you haven't. And while we are on it do ordinary choppers need security clearance from the national security adviser?
The reason these choppers were seized was because they became over time cargo because they could not get clearance from the NSA.
Re: See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos by benakrom(m): 1:26pm On Jan 28, 2017
Caveatemptor:

Ok. I am not gonna argue with you.
Just be assured that I have seen these two choppers physically. I am quite sure you haven't. And while we are on it do ordinary choppers need security clearance from the national security adviser?
The reason these choppers were seized was because they became over time cargo because they could not get clearance from the NSA.

Suit yourself... I'm saying this cause of what I know (this is my field), not guess work or them say them say... and yes, you cannot import helicopters without getting clearance... FACT!
Even in the US, they will NEVER allow you go near an aircraft if you don't have clearance from the TSA.
This is an ordinary BELL 412 EP... Drop the propaganda and let's not make a mountain of a mole hill.
Thanks.
Re: See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos by tdayof(m): 6:44pm On Jan 29, 2017
unclezuma:
TDayof please help us out here...are those Hueys?

Sorry for the late reply.
Bell 412 similar to huey in design.
Re: See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos by tdayof(m): 6:46pm On Jan 29, 2017
fkj950ax:

Can be configured for attack missions. Just like our AW139
Re: See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos by edoyad(m): 6:48pm On Jan 29, 2017
Amaechi bought them while he was still governor and is hell bent on ensuring Wike doesn't get them.
Re: See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos by Caseless: 1:34am On Jan 30, 2017
shukudi:
. Our security agencies nd government are not serious. if they don't know the owners of the helicopters, don't they know the airline that brought them into the country.
that's just my argument. They came through the sea sha.
Re: See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos by shukudi(m): 7:15am On Jan 30, 2017
Caseless:
that's just my argument. They came through the sea sha.
they came through the sea, were cleared @ the seaport by who?, transported to the airport by who? so it was now @ d airport Custom discovered they were illegal. the choppers na gvmt property, they just want to use d illegal importation story to deceive d public for everyone to believe d NCS is an effective organization under this administration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo Of Kwankwaso And Peter Obi Having A Good Laugh / ACP Egbe Eko Edum Killed In Calabar / Tinubu Bans Political Groups In Lagos As War With Aregbesola Worsens Over 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.