Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,036 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. (1974 Views)

Nigerian Developers How Did You Master Algorithm And Problem Solving / Fellow Developers, How Do You Deal With This... / PHP Developers Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. by bet9ja(m): 8:13pm On Jan 27, 2017
PHP is a language that tends towards low-quality programming, writing bad code and creating hard to maintain software. PHP is a procedural language in concept and although it supports the paradigms of modern object-oriented programming, most PHP programmers write procedurally.

PHP is known as the language of "code monkeys" in the software engineering profession, because most PHP programmers write terrifyingly low-quality code. Because of the tendency to write low-quality, badly structured and badly organized programming code, the entire concept of the PHP language and platform is considered wrong and serious companies (like Microsoft, Google, SAP, Oracle and their partners) avoid it. Due to this reason, if you want to become a serious software engineer, start with C# or Java and avoid PHP (as much as possible).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. by FrankLampard: 12:37am On Jan 28, 2017
Who OOP don help.?

It will interest you that most white papers in computer science today are directly criticizing OOP pattern.

Saying that it is actually a bad way of writing code. Functional programming seemed to be winning now.

Use what you feel suits you. Stop reading blogs.
Re: PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. by rayyspark(m): 7:58am On Jan 28, 2017
@Op pls use what works well 4 u...PHP might not be for U sir but might be 4 others...
Re: PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. by onedayatime(m): 11:58am On Jan 28, 2017
the post is too dull for my likening
Re: PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. by bet9ja(m): 2:31pm On Jan 28, 2017
onedayatime:
the post is too dull for my likening
I read the quote in a book and decided to throw it open, don't take it personal.
Re: PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. by onedayatime(m): 8:22pm On Jan 28, 2017
bet9ja:
I read the quote in a book and decided to throw it open, don't take it personal.
nothing personal beacause have heard that a million times. How PHP is bad. that is old PHP
Re: PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. by AntiWailer: 9:23pm On Jan 28, 2017
bet9ja:
PHP is a language that tends towards low-quality programming, writing bad code and creating hard to maintain software. PHP is a procedural language in concept and although it supports the paradigms of modern object-oriented programming, most PHP programmers write procedurally.

PHP is known as the language of "code monkeys" in the software engineering profession, because most PHP programmers write terrifyingly low-quality code. Because of the tendency to write low-quality, badly structured and badly organized programming code, the entire concept of the PHP language and platform is considered wrong and serious companies (like Microsoft, Google, SAP, Oracle and their partners) avoid it. Due to this reason, if you want to become a serious software engineer, start with C# or Java and avoid PHP (as much as possible).

It is very true.

That is my advice for any newbie programmer too.

C# or Java.
Re: PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. by romme2u: 12:52am On Jan 31, 2017
Programming has an art and science behind it. learning its basics and philosophy is paramount no matter the language. A lot of languages provide features which many programmers frown at and they don't consider it safe.

php was modeled after perl and c, two most flexible and hated languages (they are considered hard because of their flexibility). php maintained the flexibility of these two but made things a lot simpler for beginners.

Some languages may be considered good or bad depending on what the language allows or restricts based on the perspective of individual programmers but in reality programmers are the problem not the language. In simple terms, there are good programmers and bad programmers. A lot of people prefer garbage collection languages like java, c# etc to c because they don't want to be concerned with memory management.

Different stroke for different folks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. by methyl: 7:50am On Apr 28, 2017
Php is bad, hen... But still one of the programming language that gives solid foundation of programming

1 Like

Re: PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. by hexy40: 5:35pm On Apr 28, 2017
I no know why php get haters like pmb, all I know is that in php I can in a hurry , write completely unorganised code and it will still run. I dont know why this beautiful ability of php is criticized, i think its the programmer that should be criticised for writing bad codes not php!. Imagine if u bought a cd player that accepts only original cds or a phone that accepts only certified apps. I know this might not be the best illustration but I will pick the one that plays both good and cracked cd any time
Re: PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. by mrdino(m): 8:33pm On Apr 28, 2017
bet9ja:

A programming language is just a tool. As a software developer, you may be asked to work with a particular tool (language) that you don't personally like, e.g., code refactoring, software maintenance e.t.c. ask any developer with years of experience, they v found themselves in situations where they had to work with a tool (language) that they don't personally like. Only a bad workman quarrels with his tool.
In fact, one of the common ways of spotting a rookie programmer or a programmer-wanna-be is that they r often pro-language. Real developers like challenges and usually look at software development from the programming concepts (e.g., OOP, Extreme Programming) ,design principles perspectives rather than language (tool) perspective.

3 Likes

Re: PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. by mcqwerty(m): 7:09am On Apr 29, 2017
PHP is bad but continues to grow in several frameworks and libraries. JavaScript is crap but continues to grow in vast amounts of libraries.
Moral: Learn what you "need" to do the job. No need falling in love or hating a language.

1 Like

Re: PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. by stack1(m): 11:39am On Apr 29, 2017
Sillyness
Re: PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. by ehinorlive: 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
php give freedom to write code using any method and approach while python for example force their developers to used system design model that will boost code productivity and rested.
the differences is that python tend to hide most of the idea but php allow the programmer to construct any approach considered and in php programmers knows what is happening and how it is happening.
php is both object and procedural but you need to choose and what programmers fails to know is that bad programmer make bad code and good programmers make good code.

php is let you know the fundamental of how program work but not for lazy people and good php programmer should be able to craft a good algorithm, choose one of the system design model eg waterfall model before approaching any project.

php is not a crap programming language rather programmers make crap code while taking advantage of php freedom and out of the box paradym.

1 Like

Re: PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. by TechRex(m): 1:15am On Apr 30, 2017
[quote author=FrankLampard post=53193412]Who OOP don help.?

It will interest you that most white papers in computer science today are directly criticizing OOP pattern.

Saying that it is actually a bad way of writing code. Functional programming seemed to be winning now.

who told you that *****, I guess you dont do much big project coding that why you talking like that, i guess all you do is basic coding....
Re: PHP Developers, How True Is This Statements. by FrankLampard: 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
[quote author=TechRex post=56054149][/quote]

LOL

(1) (Reply)

Can I Learn Python Programming Within 30 Days? / Tech Jobs / I Want To Learn Black Hat Hacking. How Would I Start?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.