Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement (44907 Views)

Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC / Kcee Announces The Exit Of Skiibii From Five Star Music With Lovely Pictures / Harrysong Arrested By Five Star Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by kenex4ever(m): 9:07am On Jan 28, 2017
Abudu2000:
lol,really?? Ibo man show you love Don't tell me you are this naive..
U are as dumbb as fucck!

U better beg ur neighbours to help u read n explain d write up. There is hardly a tribe in nigeria dat does things more honestly than d Igbo man (probably the hausas) because they are mostly cautious of what people may say.
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by efilefun(m): 9:08am On Jan 28, 2017
The funniest part most people like the dude you quoted don't know is that Harry actualy writes every single track Kcee and skiibii released. Lets see what Kcee will release again now Harry aint in their team anymore.... Anyways DJ abegiii help me give SAMANKWE better volume make i groove this midnight
nightingalee:
... Keep Qwayet! Imagine the nerve; How would you say he never gave them Good music?? Get your facts right, while we wait on Mr. Song to share his part of the story.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by CXLVII: 9:11am On Jan 28, 2017
Where can I buy Original Ogogoro around Bayelsa?
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by efilefun(m): 9:11am On Jan 28, 2017
How will he drop 3 albums when he is the only one writing songs for kcee and that champagne popper Skiibii
Deepfreezer:
what's 3 albums in 3years for an artiste that know what he is doing? That's an album a year. US artistes drop albums every year.
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Deepfreezer(m): 9:12am On Jan 28, 2017
dsocioemmy:

that's in the US, and not Nigeria. How many artist drop album yearly in Nigeria? Not even the well established not to talk of Harry Song. Haba! ...
was he drunk when he signed the contract ? Or is he an illiterate that he can't read the terms and conditions of the contract He was simply desperate and in need of help and now he think he's established. he want to bit the finger that fed him. That's bad bro. Its bad.

2 Likes

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Deepfreezer(m): 9:14am On Jan 28, 2017
efilefun:
How will he drop 3 albums when he is the only one writing songs for kcee and that champagne popper Skiibii
where you there when he was writing the songs. Kcee has been doing music when Harry song was in kindagarten
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by stagamagadasca(f): 9:16am On Jan 28, 2017
Chicagoesontop:
Honestly ,, before now i have noticed pride in the life of Harry Song, anybody with good eyes will know that Kcee and His brother loved Harry song naturally not because he is a good musician ..

I am not surprised by what is happening now because Harry Song is a proud guy since 2 years ago.

I use to see betrayal on his face anytime i see him around Kcee and his brother, upon all the love they have been showering him, he did not even give them a good music .
UV not heard harry song part of the story
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Deepfreezer(m): 9:16am On Jan 28, 2017
Omoluabi16:
my brother! how many albums Kcee himself get? this one no be contract.. na slavery. 3 albums is unrealistic.
was he drunk when he signed the contract
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Dinocarex(m): 9:16am On Jan 28, 2017
elobyobi:
Three albums in three years?! Why him no go run?
This is why I hate being, or even sounding, desperate before an employer. Some of these people are like the devil. Give you a "juicy" contract with one hand and with the other hand, include some soul-sapping clauses.
A lot of our artistes signs contract when they are desperate without so much consideration. Skales signed similar 'slave contract' of giving his company 70% of profit which include endorsement and other third party deals. That's why after Skales signed that multimillion deal with MTN, the result didn't reflect in his way of life... And he keeps chunking out music almost every 2 months just to put money in his own pocket as well.
Harry signed because he needed to leave Question Mark Desperately.

This is the reason why when most artiste fall out with their record label.. They go and establish their own record label.

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Nairasolutions: 9:16am On Jan 28, 2017
When Mr Songs said "i don get another sponsor" in his new song featuring timaya then he also said " e money dey blow yet no album" in the other single ..I know that could trigger issues..They should try and find away around it ..ejoor,biko...
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by LasGidiOwner: 9:17am On Jan 28, 2017
Deepfreezer:
INGRATES EVERYWHERE. Harry Sing go and complete you contract obligations. Or if there is a buyout clause your new sponsor should pay. Jesus this is why people don't assist again. Someone who brought you out of the gutters cleaned you up.
If u ain't careful this will bring ur downfall and end to your career.

This is purely business. Why would Harry want to abandon his contract just because he feels he can walk away anytime he likes? Didn't he read the T&C before putting a pen to paper? FS even paid a whopping 5m to rescue him from his former boss. Some people are just ingrates..

Thank you Five Star for this clarification.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Dinocarex(m): 9:18am On Jan 28, 2017
seguno2:
Can Fivestar music, as a private entity/ individual arrest anyone?
For breech of contract, anyone can be arrested!

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Deepfreezer(m): 9:19am On Jan 28, 2017
eezeribe:

You are 100% correct. Don't mind that novice typing thrash
see me oo as if Harry song signed the contract drunk or he is an illiterate that cant read T&C if his contract. He is just an ingrate.

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by efilefun(m): 9:19am On Jan 28, 2017
Lmao dont forget he was in a group and did you say Harry was in kindergarten when Kcee started singing? lmao
Deepfreezer:
where you there when he was writing the songs. Kcee has been doing music when Harry song was in kindagarten

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by TinaAnita(f): 9:19am On Jan 28, 2017
Deepfreezer:
INGRATES EVERYWHERE. Harry Sing go and complete you contract obligations. Or if there is a buyout clause your new sponsor should pay. Jesus this is why people don't assist again. Someone who brought you out of the gutters cleaned you up.
If u ain't careful this will bring ur downfall and end to your career.

You must be high on some cheap substance. I'm very sure you did not read the entire post before vomitting craps. Harrisong had already established himself as an artiste before he approached KC's record label.. He wasn't picked out of the gutters like you vented.. And I don't see how they cleaned him up here as it was a give and take deal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 28, 2017
Chicagoesontop:
Honestly ,, before now i have noticed pride in the life of Harry Song, anybody with good eyes will know that Kcee and His brother loved Harry song naturally not because he is a good musician ..

I am not surprised by what is happening now because Harry Song is a proud guy since 2 years ago.

I use to see betrayal on his face anytime i see him around Kcee and his brother, upon all the love they have been showering him, he did not even give them a good music .
play victim card....flatmate doing what they know to do best.i hail o nnabros

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Deepfreezer(m): 9:21am On Jan 28, 2017
LasGidiOwner:

This is purely business. Why would Harry want to abandon his contract just because he feels he can walk away anytime he likes? Didn't he read the T&C before putting a pen to a paper? FS even paid a whopping 5m to rescue him from his former boss. Some people are just ingrates..

Thank you Five Star for this clarification.
honestly dude was just desperate and in need of help. Which he got from Five star. Was he drunk when he signed the contract? Or is he an illiterate that he can't read the T&C of his contract. This is why people don't help again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Elnino4ladies: 9:22am On Jan 28, 2017
Billyonaire:
There are no rooms for sentiments in business and I believe the relationship between Harry and 5 Stars was built based on sentiments. 5 Stars Music signed Harry with an initial expense pricetag of N5m because they were building a brand then and needed his expertise in adding value to the label, while Harry needed 5 Stars Label so badly to escape his unsuccessful engagement at Question Mark. Both parties signed that record contract on other sentiments outside of the primary structures of the agreement.

Three albums in 3 years ? Does Harry Song has capacity to be inspired to make great songs ? Hell No! I think the most important thing here is that Harry Song foolishly and out of sentiment sign those papers to promote himself, and escape into the planet of gold with eMoney and he has achieved that.

From the clear publication; If Harry Song signed that contract, to release 3 albums in 3 years, then he did that with a volition that he is capable. He can not just be ripping up record labels and running to the public for sympathy when you foolishly signed a contract based on sentiments to cheat your former employer. Then turn around to run away from the new label cos you cant execute the contract you signed in full.

My judgment without sentiment state as follow;

Whereas Harry Song, without duress signed the stated contract with an understanding in English, then he must fulfill the contractual agreement irrespective of any other unstructured assistance he must have offered in studios which was never penned down in the agreement.

That 5 Star must also fulfill their contractual agreements to Harry Songs, not any appreciation for sentimental jobs.

Alternatively, Harry Song or His new label MUST pay equivalent amount that an average of the albums that the music albums should be worth in cash or as an extended credit with timeline.

Music begins with talents and is developed as skill set but none of those efforts can make you more popular except in your bathroom. The music labels provide an assemblage of unified minds, where thoughts are manufactured for public consumption and MUST remain bigger than any artist.

Harry Song, can not succeed without a settlement with 5 Star Music, it is not just possible as any one inviting Harry Song for a gig, takes a great risk as he can be stopped from performing with a legal and street action.

Laws must be respected and sentiments must be exploited. Never sign agreements when desperate.

Wow! Very elaborate, nice one

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by anuku1: 9:22am On Jan 28, 2017
angry
marshalcarter:

see dem...Legends of the seeker...seein sumone else future but cnt see ur today...judge not lest ye be judge undecided how do you knw if all what has been typed here is true or false? you don run dey condemn pesin wey you never even near cry nigerians shaundecided
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Zedoo(m): 9:22am On Jan 28, 2017
elobyobi:
Three albums in three years?! Why him no go run?
This is why I hate being, or even sounding, desperate before an employer. Some of these people are like the devil. Give you a "juicy" contract with one hand and with the other hand, include some soul-sapping clauses.

Given what is known as music in Nigeria today...

Bros 3 albums in 3 years is NOTHING...not a sweat.... For any artist in this current industry.....

3years is too much.....

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by LasGidiOwner: 9:23am On Jan 28, 2017
Did you also read that he came the 1st time begged and he was rejected then he repeated the visit, this time very desperate and kept begging? He came to FS as a BEGGAR.

TinaAnita:

You must be high on some cheap substance. I'm very sure you did not read the entire post before vomitting craps. Harrisong had already established himself as an artiste before he approached KC's record label.. He wasn't picked out of the gutters like you vented.. And I don't see how they cleaned him up here as it was a give and take deal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Deepfreezer(m): 9:25am On Jan 28, 2017
TinaAnita:

when did you start listening to Nigerian music? To tell me harry song established himself under Question Mark. If he established Luciano wouldn't let him go. I know QM very well and all the artistes signed to her as at then. So shut up and listen... Did he sign the contract Five Star gave him under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Or he is so dumb he can't read the Terms and conditions on his contract.

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by chronique(m): 9:27am On Jan 28, 2017
A contract is a contract. If you signed the god damn thing,make sure you fulfill whatever it states. Whether you collect one naira or 1%,is nobody's business. Nigerian artistes are very ungrateful. When they need help,they'd be babaing you up and down and bugging your life. When they get what they want,story starts to change.

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Toks2008(m): 9:28am On Jan 28, 2017
I will wait for harry's version
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Deepfreezer(m): 9:29am On Jan 28, 2017
Zedoo:

Given what is known as music in Nigeria today...

Bros 3 albums in 3 years is NOTHING...not a sweat.... For any artist in this current industry.....

3years is too much.....

Tell them. Is it not all this 13tracks to 15 tracks album they release? While somewhere musicians drop double disc album of more that 26tracks.

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by LasGidiOwner: 9:29am On Jan 28, 2017
You have said it all..

Billyonaire:
There are no rooms for sentiments in business and I believe the relationship between Harry and 5 Stars was built based on sentiments. 5 Stars Music signed Harry with an initial expense pricetag of N5m because they were building a brand then and needed his expertise in adding value to the label, while Harry needed 5 Stars Label so badly to escape his unsuccessful engagement at Question Mark. Both parties signed that record contract on other sentiments outside of the primary structures of the agreement.

Three albums in 3 years ? Does Harry Song has capacity to be inspired to make great songs ? Hell No! I think the most important thing here is that Harry Song foolishly and out of sentiment sign those papers to promote himself, and escape into the planet of gold with eMoney and he has achieved that.

From the clear publication; If Harry Song signed that contract, to release 3 albums in 3 years, then he did that with a volition that he is capable. He can not just be ripping up record labels and running to the public for sympathy when you foolishly signed a contract based on sentiments to cheat your former employer. Then turn around to run away from the new label cos you cant execute the contract you signed in full.

My judgment without sentiment state as follow;

Whereas Harry Song, without duress signed the stated contract with an understanding in English, then he must fulfill the contractual agreement irrespective of any other unstructured assistance he must have offered in studios which was never penned down in the agreement.

That 5 Star must also fulfill their contractual agreements to Harry Songs, not any appreciation for sentimental jobs.

Alternatively, Harry Song or His new label MUST pay equivalent amount that an average of the albums that the music albums should be worth in cash or as an extended credit with timeline.

Music begins with talents and is developed as skill set but none of those efforts can make you more popular except in your bathroom. The music labels provide an assemblage of unified minds, where thoughts are manufactured for public consumption and MUST remain bigger than any artist.

Harry Song, can not succeed without a settlement with 5 Star Music, it is not just possible as any one inviting Harry Song for a gig, takes a great risk as he can be stopped from performing with a legal and street action.

Laws must be respected and sentiments must be exploited. Never sign agreements when desperate.
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by seguno2: 9:30am On Jan 28, 2017
Dinocarex:
For breech of contract, anyone can be arrested!

Before or after due court process?
Is it not lawlessness for our POLICEMEN to arrest someone for a civil matter/ case of contract breach without first having the court decide?
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by lakesider(m): 9:31am On Jan 28, 2017
Why the arrest . its a business case , so go to court .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 28, 2017
He heeded to the wrong advise. Why didn't he read between the lines andbl meet his lawyer for clarification on his existing contract before he went AWOL. Artist please understand the contract before you sign.

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by seguno2: 9:33am On Jan 28, 2017
lakesider:
Why the arrest . its a business case , so go to court .

Thanks bro
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Deepfreezer(m): 9:33am On Jan 28, 2017
Till today Tony Payne still receives thousands of messages from artistes to manage them but she refused. because the last one she managed we all know what the poor lady got.
Our artistes should learn how to honor contracts and be grateful for the love and assistance they got before they become established.

2 Likes

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 28, 2017
I'm in the game & the bitter truth is...1.harry voluntarily signed the contract & should abide by TERMS & CONDITIONS that apply intsead of toeing d part of treachery/arrogannce!
2. A good artiste can /i can/i know harry can drop 6 albums in 3 years if the will is there! No biggie.
3#experience...i've nutured some upcoming acts only for them to get little fame & betray me, making it difficult for me to assist others, i could go on & on....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Don’t Need Filter — Tiwa Savage Brags As She Flaunts Skin (Pix) / David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest / Tiwa Savage Vs Abisola Kola-Daisi: Who Wore It Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.