Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,435 members, 7,830,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement (44905 Views)

Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC / Kcee Announces The Exit Of Skiibii From Five Star Music With Lovely Pictures / Harrysong Arrested By Five Star Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by KONZEMATIC: 9:35am On Jan 28, 2017
it is well from northeast
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Boss13: 9:39am On Jan 28, 2017
ajasa4link:

Ma nigggga people don't just help u cos of the love they got for u, ur assertion is wrong. They love u cos of what they can gain from u. Just read tru that press release again and see the conditions that were set in the contract Harry signed. After buying out his previous contract for 5m, they want him to release 3 albums in 3years(Olamide is probably the only A'list artist that has achieved this in recent times), they don't want him to collaborate with other musicians on other labels,they want him to always remit a certain percentage to the record label for every penny he makes(which they are not telling us how high it is, probably like the wizkid vs EME 25%/75%)
Tell me where the love like a brother is coming from.

The truth is, they set some unrealistic terms and conditions in that contract, and knowing fully well that as a struggling artiste he is so desperate to get a platform, they were able to tie him down. The unwise Harry that he is didn't even learn from the issue he had with his initial label, he just took the bait.

Then why agree and sign the contract. When he was begging for a contract, he didn't know he would perform. He should conclude or buy off his contract because he has breach it.

Don't bargain for what you know you cannot do

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by happney65: 9:40am On Jan 28, 2017
9jaBloke:
Harrysong is to FiveStar what Emmanuella is to Macangel.

He did a lot to resuscitate Kcee's career and make the music label relevant. It is very possible there was a breach of contract but E-money should also factor the positive things Harrysong contributed to the label.

Artists and music labels disagree often. They shouldn't let this one get too messy.

Na only you get sense..One Million Gbosasa for you..Well Said!!!

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Boss13: 9:45am On Jan 28, 2017
dsocioemmy:
3 albums in 3years? Una wan kill the guy?

One album per year. That is even poor. If a musician cannot make one album in one year, then that musician is lazy. That's is why I respect Olumide, a focus talented musician. Though I don't like his music

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by nathan5050(m): 9:46am On Jan 28, 2017
Chicagoesontop:
I use to see betrayal on his face anytime i see him around Kcee and his brother, upon all the love they have been showering him, he did not even give them a good music .
which good music have you heard from 5star without a touch from HARRYSONG Detach sentiment bruh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by TinaAnita(f): 9:47am On Jan 28, 2017
Deepfreezer:
when did you start listening to Nigerian music? To tell me harry song established himself under Question Mark. If he established Luciano wouldn't let him go. I know QM very well and all the artistes signed to her as at then. So shut up and listen... Did he sign the contract Five Star gave him under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Or he is so dumb he can't read the Terms and conditions on his contract.

I started listening to Nigerian music when you were crawling and about to walk. I hope that answers your question. If Harrysong wasn't an asset and had not established himself before he joined KC's crew then how come 5 star music had to settle his previous record label with 5m as his former manager refused to let him go? Think bruh, think harder.
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by bimbo80(m): 9:48am On Jan 28, 2017
Nutase:
Sickos shocked
what's sickos
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 28, 2017
dahunsy:
Coughs***clears throat# am back from my 4th BAN in 3weeks after calling Seun Osewa a fish brain

And u still called him dat again?
Hmmmm, bro anoda ban awaits u just sit tight cheesy grin cheesy
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by anyicash(m): 9:57am On Jan 28, 2017
ajasa4link:

Ma nigggga people don't just help u cos of the love they got for u, ur assertion is wrong. They love u cos of what they can gain from u. Just read tru that press release again and see the conditions that were set in the contract Harry signed. After buying out his previous contract for 5m, they want him to release 3 albums in 3years(Olamide is probably the only A'list artist that has achieved this in recent times), they don't want him to collaborate with other musicians on other labels,they want him to always remit a certain percentage to the record label for every penny he makes(which they are not telling us how high it is, probably like the wizkid vs EME 25%/75%)
Tell me where the love like a brother is coming from.

The truth is, they set some unrealistic terms and conditions in that contract, and knowing fully well that as a struggling artiste he is so desperate to get a platform, they were able to tie him down. The unwise Harry that he is didn't even learn from the issue he had with his initial label, he just took the bait.
i concur with you Bro, but neva termed Harry unwise, he was desperate for survival and it worth any bait to survive...like they say "desperate time calls for desperate measures"
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 28, 2017
Nairasolutions:
When Mr Songs said "i don get another sponsor" in his new song featuring timaya then he also said " e money dey blow yet no album" in the other single ..I know that could trigger issues..They should try and find away around it ..ejoor,biko...

I guess he was hailing Emoney when he said that in bacarna
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Baroba(m): 10:00am On Jan 28, 2017
Agreement na agreement, if Harry breached the terms and conditions of his contract, am afraid he has no leg to stand on.. I dont understand why he is been arrested in what is a civil case.. Lawless society, where those who have the means can do what they like.. smh

2 Likes

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by uchennaq(m): 10:02am On Jan 28, 2017
Chicagoesontop:
Honestly ,, before now i have noticed pride in the life of Harry Song, anybody with good eyes will know that Kcee and His brother loved Harry song naturally not because he is a good musician ..

I am not surprised by what is happening now because Harry Song is a proud guy since 2 years ago.

I use to see betrayal on his face anytime i see him around Kcee and his brother, upon all the love they have been showering him, he did not even give them a good music .

WELL SAID. That Harry Song is not even good. Five star music is just managing him
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by dsocioemmy(m): 10:04am On Jan 28, 2017
Deepfreezer:
was he drunk when he signed the contract ? Or is he an illiterate that he can't read the terms and conditions of the contract He was simply desperate and in need of help and now he think he's established. he want to bit the finger that fed him. That's bad bro. Its bad.

sure i agree to that..
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 28, 2017
Deepfreezer:
honestly dude was just desperate and in need of help. Which he got from Five star. Was he drunk when he signed the contract? Or is he an illiterate that he can't read the T&C of his contract. This is why people don't help again.

give Harry a break bro, seems you're hired to defend five star here with the way you're posting as if you were there.

waiting to hear from Harry, cos it seems he didn't want to disclose anything when he was interviewed the other time, I believe with this, the milk will flow....

we go hear wetin don deh happen since..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 28, 2017
Just to honor contract dey hard some people, why did you sign the agreement if you can't be loyal, greed has and will continue killing dz world

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by uchennaq(m): 10:06am On Jan 28, 2017
dsocioemmy:
3 albums in 3years? Una wan kill the guy?

What do you mean 3 albums in 3 years? It can be done oga

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Ekiseme(m): 10:06am On Jan 28, 2017
Abudu2000:
lol,really?? Ibo man show you love Don't tell me you are this naive..
what a lame thing to comment.
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by k199192: 10:10am On Jan 28, 2017
Abudu2000:
emancipate yourself from this tribal bigotry...

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 28, 2017
Three albums in three years
To All five stars management
Wehdone sir

Why won't he run away ?
Master and slave contract
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 28, 2017
so its in u mr harry! the record label that bailed u out of ur former label is the one that u now trying to flee from without fulfilling ur contractual obligations. interesting

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 28, 2017
whiteagbada:
Three albums in three years
To All five stars management
Wehdone sir

Why won't he run away ?
Master and slave contract
did he even release one album to say the least?
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by uchennaq(m): 10:15am On Jan 28, 2017
I really don't understand how some people reason and think especially those saying 3 albums in 3 years. Why haven't anyone said anything on the 5 million naira that was used to bail out Harry Song. For him to have same issue with his first manager simply means the guy get issues. Let us not forget in a hurry that 5 star music stood by him in times of trouble. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by pressplay411(m): 10:17am On Jan 28, 2017
Artists forget that music business is a business.
I believe Harry song was too excited by whatever robust deal they offered him from the get-go, forgetting that if a record label signs you with 5M, it's because they expect a ROI of 50M at least.

On the flip side, 5-Star label probably over used Harry Song during the course of his stay with them without enough compensation. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure he wrote virtually all the songs that came out of the label especially most of KCees's songs.
Harry song was probably also constrained and frustrated by not having the freedom to record and drop albums. Hence his inability to fulfill his 3-album obligation.

My advice, both parties need to hold an arbitration and resolve this amicably lest Harry Song would ruin his career, and 5-star would find themselves too busy Recording losses instead of hits.
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 28, 2017
prettyboi1989:

did he even release one album to say the least?

I'm talking about contract here not about the albums he has released so far , maybe 0 maybe 1 maybe 10 but the contract is bullshit and unfair
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by colossus91(m): 10:38am On Jan 28, 2017
Abudu2000:
and this is the reason Nigeria is backward,if someone in this century can still reason like someone during the dark ages,what has tribe got to do with this? Tribalistic buffoon!,
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by 9jaBloke: 10:40am On Jan 28, 2017
starz100:

You make sense

Gracias
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Trippledee(m): 10:45am On Jan 28, 2017
elobyobi:
Three albums in three years?! Why him no go run?
This is why I hate being, or even sounding, desperate before an employer. Some of these people are like the devil. Give you a "juicy" contract with one hand and with the other hand, include some soul-sapping clauses.

that's record label for u, shebi na u wan blow?. You have to pay the price.
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Trippledee(m): 10:52am On Jan 28, 2017
dahunsy:
Coughs***clears throat# am back from my 4th BAN in 3weeks after calling Seun Osewa a fish brain

with this ur quote, smelling another BAN
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by JayJustus(m): 11:03am On Jan 28, 2017
this is why people should go to school and even when you go to school, pass your subjects on your own without bribing your way through...I doubt if Mr Harry can even read and deduce a contract properly lololololol...he just saw the basis of sharing the loot and he signed...

who no know go know
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:11am On Jan 28, 2017
signature2012:
Cant even understand this write up.

As in eh. The writer is running in circles. Briefly write, the reasons why he is arrested. What are the charges against Harrysong.

Making it look as if Harrysong did not play a big role in the growth of Five Star Music.
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by alex81(m): 11:11am On Jan 28, 2017
yeah, harry is talented, agreed. He brought fame & popularity to 5star music, also agreed!

but u av to understand dat a breach of contract is a breach of contract!

this is business, not a talent hunt program!

he was not forced. He begged. yeah, u heard me. he literally begged to be taken in by 5 star music.

not forgetting d millions of naira spent to settle all his debt from his previous label.

don't also forget dat if not for 5 star music he wouldn't have achieved wat he achieved today. dey provided d platform for what he is today. (the help is a two way channel)

So if u ask me, ds is a foul play from harry!

all dz coming from a loyal fan...

still waiting for wat he has to say though. ...
Re: 'Why We Arrested Harrysong' - Five Star Music Releases Official Statement by Originalsly: 11:27am On Jan 28, 2017
Hmmm....Fibe Star Music arreet Harry Song..... is Five Star a new Special Forces Unit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fan Blasts Waje For Going Bald. Singer Replies / I Don’t Need Filter — Tiwa Savage Brags As She Flaunts Skin (Pix) / David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.