Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? (1103 Views)

Lizzy Johnson Suleman's Shopping Mall, Petrol Station Birthday Gift From Apostle / Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? / Apostle Johnson Suleman Reacts To Sex Scandal: "I'm Tough, Can't Bring Me Down" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by owenmob: 4:01am On Jan 28, 2017
Hello All,

Perhaps Pastor Johnson Suleman doesn’t understand what it takes to be a Christian; in its simplest form, Christian means “Christ-like”.

I was livid when I saw this clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuIoq9dnsTA not only because Pastor Johnson Suleman is promoting violent from his pulpit, misrepresenting Christianity, but also because of his general low reasoning level.

Contrary to what the Christ taught his followers (pray for those who persecute you, hate you, turn the other cheek, forgive they neighbor etc), Pastor Johnson Suleman openly urge members of his congregation to kill Fulani herdsmen that he claimed were sent to kill him. Citing David versus Goliath as a basis of killing shows Pastor Johnson’s ignorance and lack of theological grasp of the Bible

According to Pastor Johnson Suleman, his friend told him that Fulani herdsmen were after him; if this information is so authentic why not take it to the authority? I know what a lot of people will be saying here - Nigeria police won’t do anything – so let me cut Pastor Johnson Suleman lack with regards to my above question. This brings me to my second question, why did Pastor Johnson Suleman not take this issue to God in prayer instead of telling his Church members to attacked Fulani Herdsmen that come close to his church?

As we Christians go about our daily endeavor, what makes us Christian is our answers and action to this question – “If it was Jesus Christ, what will he do?”. Even on the cross Jesus said “father forgive them for they know not what they do”
Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by Kowor(f): 4:08am On Jan 28, 2017
Depends on his definition of a Christian.
Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by Snow5(m): 5:19am On Jan 28, 2017
Go teach am na... Shey na u ordain the guy that year to be apostle...

E con reach wen u take know say nor be Christian... Yes na Muslim e be...
Go call buhari come.

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by felixomor: 6:04am On Jan 28, 2017
Snow5:
Go teach am na... Shey na u ordain the guy that year to be apostle...

E con reach wen u take know say nor be Christian... Yes na Muslim e be...

Go call buhari come.

grin grin
LMAO

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by Nobody: 6:06am On Jan 28, 2017
These are not my leaders .
'We will write this for all to read. Anyone, soldier or not that kills the Fulani takes a loan repayable one day no matter how long it takes'... ..El Rufai
'If you see anybody that looks like a Fulani herdsmen, kill him ..Apostle Sulleiman
'Kill everybody you can kill'..“They should return what they gave them or I will kill them'... Governor Wike
Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by Derawiz(m): 6:11am On Jan 28, 2017
I would like to believe that the Apostle Suleiman spoke as a frustrated Nigerian and not as a Pastor. Being a pastor doesn't stop him from feeling the same the same frustrations that Nigerian Christians feel but all the same, even as I am not in support of his hate speech, we should learn to leave a servant to his master.Since he claims he is serving God, why not leave him to his master who would pay/judge him according to his works? The sooner we learn to mind our daily business and stop punishing the servant of another person, the better it would be for us

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by Nutase: 6:14am On Jan 28, 2017
shocked
Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by jcross19: 9:27am On Jan 28, 2017
owenmob:
Hello All,

Perhaps Pastor Johnson Suleman doesn’t understand what it takes to be a Christian; in its simplest form, Christian means “Christ-like”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuIoq9dnsTA not only because Pastor Johnson Suleman is promoting violent from his pulpit, misrepresenting Christianity, but also because of his general low reasoning level.

Contrary to what the Christ taught his followers (pray for those who persecute you, hate you, turn the other cheek, forgive they neighbor etc), Pastor Johnson Suleman openly urge members of his congregation to kill Fulani herdsmen that he claimed were sent to kill him. Citing David versus Goliath as a basis of killing shows Pastor Johnson’s ignorance and lack of theological grasp of the Bible

According to Pastor Johnson Suleman, his friend told him that Fulani herdsmen were after him; if this information is so authentic why not take it to the authority? I know what a lot of people will be saying here - Nigeria police won’t do anything – so let me cut Pastor Johnson Suleman lack with regards to my above question. This brings me to my second question, why did Pastor Johnson Suleman not take this issue to God in prayer instead of telling his Church members to attacked Fulani Herdsmen that come close to his church?

As we Christians go about our daily endeavor, what makes us Christian is our answers and action to this question – “If it was Jesus Christ, what will he do?”. Even on the cross Jesus said “father forgive them for they know not what they do”

funny you!!!!! So you mean when arm robber come to your house and you have the opportunity to kill him or them before they or he kills you what's that?--- even holy spirit did not show mercy to ananias and sephanias for withholding what rightfully belong to them. Go and sleep . Jesus did not say we should be stupid. Go and check the history of spain how they got their country from blood suckers muslims.
Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by jcross19: 9:40am On Jan 28, 2017
Self defence is never a sin !!!! So you mean that kumiyi will widely open his eyes for fulanis herdsmen to pluck it ? Jesus taught us to be peaceful with our persecutors yes!!! But sometimes you need force to defend yourself. Jesus christ case is different from us. HE was sent to die for us abi are we sent to die for each other too.
Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by peacesamuel94(m): 9:54am On Jan 28, 2017
It will be good if you also ask yourself if you are not being hypocritic.
Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by Adulphus(m): 11:16am On Jan 28, 2017
owenmob:
Hello All,

See as To give You HOT SLAP dey HUNGRY ME
Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by analice107: 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2017
owenmob:
Hello All,

Shut up your mouth.

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by Ishilove: 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2017
Owenmob, if you are attacked and maimed by bloodthirsty demons in human flesh, or members of your household killed by these people feel free to pray for them. As for me and my own, we shall defend ourselves with every breath, and by every means possible.
Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by owenmob: 2:28pm On Jan 28, 2017
Hello All,

Really interesting views from all.

Lest we forget, being a Christain is not by force. If you want to be a Christain you should be ready to follow the teaching of Christ.
Christ teaches us to turn the other Cheek while other religions proclaim an "eye fo an eye"

"if it was Jesus, what will he do (or in this case what will he tell his followers to do)?
Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by iamsamadeyinka(m): 5:01pm On Jan 28, 2017
I see a man who has churches in 42 nations. What kingdom mysteries gave him such global access?
I see a man who has over 500,000 dogged followers. What problems did he solve for them that makes them so loyal?
I see a man who lives far away from the location of the genocide yet is so concerned about the welfare of people who are not his tribe or kinsmen. What makes a man so compassionate at the expense of his own welfare?
I see a man so anointed, with a strange prophetic grace that he can figure on building a personal empire around his ministry, yet he dares to carry the problem of his nation on his head. What makes a man so unselfish?
I see a man, with access to the realm of the spirit, yet he still takes out time to study the constitution and the law, so that he is not just spiritually relevant but also earthly conscious. What makes him balance spiritual insight with secular competence?
I see a pastor who regularly preaches on hell fire and sin yet can still make friends with governors. Like Jesus, he knows how to be friends with tax collectors without compromising his faith and convictions.
I see a man risking his life and putting his wife and family in jeopardy simply because of his convictions when his colleagues are choosing the easier way of keeping quiet.
I don't know about you, but I will never publicly criticize a man whose impact, influence and income I covet.
If it was so easy to be great, then become great and show us what you would have done in his shoes.
Talk is cheap.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by owenmob: 8:39pm On Jan 28, 2017
iamsamadeyinka:
I see a man who has churches in 42 nations. What kingdom mysteries gave him such global access?
I see a man who has over 500,000 dogged followers. What problems did he solve for them that makes them so loyal?
I see a man who lives far away from the location of the genocide yet is so concerned about the welfare of people who are not his tribe or kinsmen. What makes a man so compassionate at the expense of his own welfare?
I see a man so anointed, with a strange prophetic grace that he can figure on building a personal empire around his ministry, yet he dares to carry the problem of his nation on his head. What makes a man so unselfish?
I see a man, with access to the realm of the spirit, yet he still takes out time to study the constitution and the law, so that he is not just spiritually relevant but also earthly conscious. What makes him balance spiritual insight with secular competence?
I see a pastor who regularly preaches on hell fire and sin yet can still make friends with governors. Like Jesus, he knows how to be friends with tax collectors without compromising his faith and convictions.
I see a man risking his life and putting his wife and family in jeopardy simply because of his convictions when his colleagues are choosing the easier way of keeping quiet.
I don't know about you, but I will never publicly criticize a man whose impact, influence and income I covet.
If it was so easy to be great, then become great and show us what you would have done in his shoes.
Talk is cheap.

I can tell from what you have written that you are one of his followers that were cheering Pastor Johnson while he was making those outrageous comments. I don't claim to be great. If Pastor Johnson is great, and that is the kind of greatness that you wish for yourself that's fine, but to me, he isn't a great man. A great man once said " You will achieve more in the world through act of mercy than you would through act of retribution " - Nelson Mandela.

One of the problems with followers of men (as oppose to followers of Christ) is that they do not see anything wrong with the person that they are following even when it is bleeding obvious that the person that they are following is wrong
Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by owenmob: 8:52pm On Jan 28, 2017
Ishilove:
Owenmob, if you are attacked and maimed by bloodthirsty demons in human flesh, or members of your household killed by these people feel free to pray for them. As for me and my own, we shall defend ourselves with every breath, and by every means possible.

Being a Christain is by choice, if someone decides to follow Christ then he/she should abide by the teachings and principles of Christianity - not advocating violence and revenge.
Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 28, 2017
owenmob:
Hello All,

Being a Christian doesn't make one a fool.

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2017
owenmob:

I can tell from what you have written that you are one of his followers that were cheering Pastor Johnson while he was making those outrageous comments. I don't claim to be great. If Pastor Johnson is great, and that is the kind of greatness that you wish for yourself that's fine, but to me, he isn't a great man. A great man once said " You will achieve more in the world through act of mercy than you would through act of retribution " - Nelson Mandela.

One of the problems with followers of men (as oppose to followers of Christ) is that they do not see anything wrong with the person that they are following even when it is bleeding obvious that the person that they are following is wrong

There's nothing wrong with what he said. Even those that are not his followers and from the other religion supports him
Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by Ishilove: 10:22pm On Jan 28, 2017
asuustrike2009:

There's nothing wrong with what he said. Even those that are not his followers and from the other religion supports him
Leave owenmob to be misyarning there. Talk is cheap.

The long and short of what Apostle was preaching was "defend yourself. If any herdsmen bring rubbish to your side, don't spare them."

The only issue I have is some people might take his words literally and actually go out to attack random innocent Fulani herdsmen.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 28, 2017
Ishilove:

Leave owenmob to be misyarning there. Talk is cheap.

The long and short of what Apostle was preaching was "defend yourself. If any herdsmen bring rubbish to your side, don't spare them."

The only issue I have is some people might take his words literally and actually go out to attack random innocent Fulani herdsmen.
Suleman has cleared the air already. He has Fulani members he was stressing on the herdsmen . He said he wouldn't retract his words
Re: Is Pastor Johnson Suleman A Christian ?? by CandidSeeker(m): 11:11pm On Jan 28, 2017
owenmob:
Hello All,

And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they
said, Nothing. Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath
no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. -Luke 22:35-36

That's Jesus' instruction to the disciples. Sword was the main weapon of defence back then.

(1) (Reply)

Ever Smiling Pastor Nomthi Odukoya Makes Our #WCW / Worldly Music / "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.